The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Marie Waters - Is "For Britain" !!

+7
LionsV2
Muscular-mouse
lostinwales
Derbymanc
Duty281
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anne Marie Waters - Is "For Britain" !! Empty Anne Marie Waters - Is "For Britain" !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Sep - 16:32

To Anne Marie Waters the term "Moderate" seems to be just an 8 letter word.........The Woman who has called Islam "Evil" and has said she would not stop Tommy Robinson the former Head of the English Defence league joining her party is now odds on favorite for the UKIP leader slot......

Plenty of Ukip members cried foul at her standing and Nigel Farage has said he will leave the party if she is elected and start a new one..

As with Corbyn as soon as she declared in June (Despite loud protests)... Thousands of friends joined the UKIP party and like Corbyn she has steadily gone from outsider to odds on favorite...

She is articulate, idealistic and definitely not boring......The negative list is much longer.......

Certainly the kind of character Austeric times throws up into the Political sphere..

8/11 Waters
3/1   Whittle..........These odds were the other way around a couple of weeks ago.............I imagine the oddsmakers have got good information for the turnaround and if they are right........

Get used to hearing her name......

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 31 Oct - 9:22; edited 2 times in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Anne Marie Waters - Is "For Britain" !! Empty Re: Anne Marie Waters - Is "For Britain" !!

Post by Scottrf Tue 26 Sep - 16:38

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To Anne Marie Waters the term "Moderate" seems to be just an 8 letter word.........The Woman who has called Islam "Evil" and has said she would not stop Tommy Robinson the former Head of the English Defence league joining her party is now odds on favorite for the UKIP leader slot......

Finally...they have my vote.

Austere*

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Anne Marie Waters - Is "For Britain" !! Empty Re: Anne Marie Waters - Is "For Britain" !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Sep - 16:41

Austeric.....and

I took your vote as read... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 26 Sep - 16:57

She's very unlikely to win, in my opinion.

Her grand plan was based on getting her numerous Twitter followers to join UKIP and vote for her...unfortunately for AMW, the UKIP constitution prevented new members from voting in this leadership election, so she was rather snookered.

Peter Whittle is, I think, the favourite to win. He is the most well-known name on the ballot to UKIP members - having been Deputy Leader, candidate for London Mayor, and is presently a member of the London Assembly. If you want to have a bet, 3/1 looks decent value.

By far the best shot for a gamble, though, is John Rees Evans. Staggering that he's priced at 14/1: he should be the second favourite behind Whilst ttle, at around 3 or 4 to one. JRE got around 18% of the vote in the last UKIP leadership election despite being an unknown, and he is now a very well known figure in UKIP having been involved with numerous party broadcasts throughout the country, as well as setting up direct democracy in the party.

A candidate that gets around 30-35% will likely win, so JRE only needs a decent increase and he's home. 14/1...astonishing. Particularly when no-hopers like Bolton and Collins have been priced ahead of him.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Sep - 17:12

Welcome back Duty...........

Sorry buddy but when a Candidate goes from 4/1 to 8/11 and the favorite becomes a sizeable outsider I very much doubt they are unlikely to win.....The oddsmakers know something..

Dark days getting darker for your beloved party........Interesting times for others though...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Sep - 10:27

18 out of 20 MEPs are threatening to go independent if Waters wins.

Results announced tomorrow...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 28 Sep - 10:40

Is UKIP relevant anymore? ithought they'd started to go away when Farage left tbh

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 28 Sep - 10:47

Derbymanc wrote:Is UKIP relevant anymore? ithought they'd started to go away when Farage left tbh
They've had their impact on UK politics. Might as well be the monster raving loonie party now, nobody cares.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Sep - 10:54

Everything is relative...If the Tories had got 43 percent instead of 42 May would have had a majority....If Labour had finished on 41 instead of 40....Labour would probably be running the Country with the SNP..

Besides if Brexit takes us to crapville...People may look for Extreme answers...

Like I say the tighter it is..The more fringe parties have relevance.

She hasn't won yet though.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 28 Sep - 12:31

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Everything is relative...If the Tories had got 43 percent instead of 42 May would have had a majority....If Labour had finished on 41 instead of 40....Labour would probably be running the Country with the SNP..

Besides if Brexit takes us to crapville...People may look for Extreme answers...

Like I say the tighter it is..The more fringe parties have relevance.

She hasn't won yet though.

And that is why we are so deep in the brown stuff at the moment. Main parties care more about the nutters in the undecided seats than they do the bulk of the population *sigh..

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Sep - 11:46

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Welcome back Duty...........

Sorry buddy but when a Candidate goes from 4/1 to 8/11 and the favorite becomes a sizeable outsider I very much doubt they are unlikely to win.....The oddsmakers know something..

Dark days getting darker for your beloved party........Interesting times for others though...

Well we’ll see in a few hours! I still reckon Whittle will win, but wouldn’t be surprised if JRE pulls it off.

At the moment, AMW is drifting, and Whittle is closing in as favourite. Late money also being put on JRE.

As far as the future of the party goes, only JRE or Bolton can take UKIP forward. AMW would cause its instant collapse, while Whittle would drag the party to a slow demise.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Sep - 12:23

Ukip is dead as a force...Not even Farage can save it.....

Ukip only got 570,000 votes in GE17....Questions are..

1. Can they improve on that ??
2. Can a more radical direction attract more protest votes ??

No idea personally.

You're right people are lumping on Whittle he has moved ahead.

Waters 6/4 now

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 29 Sep - 12:30

Only PR can save it I think.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Sep - 12:32

Yes, they can improve on it.

The 2017 campaign was an utter farce from start to finish, in terms of candidate numbers, seat targeting, vote allocation, and choice of leader.

UKIP’s core is about 5-6%; this can easily be built upon, as there is presently a vacancy for a third party. Is Whittle the man to do this? Very unlikely.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Sep - 12:35

Scottrf wrote:Only PR can save it I think.

Yes, a fairer voting system would be very beneficial to UKIP (and the LDs + Greens) as tactical voting is the biggest hindrance to smaller parties trying to establish themselves.

We’ve seen in Germany the AFD getting a figure of votes very similar to UKIP in 2015, and being correctly rewarded for their electoral breakthrough.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Sep - 15:58

Henry Bolton is rumored to have won UKIP leadership..

Ukip are full of surprises.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Sep - 16:00

Massive shock.

Managed to get £30 on at Ladbrokes after the result was announced. Laugh

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 29 Sep - 16:01

Why only 30 lol.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Sep - 16:05

Scottrf wrote:Why only 30 lol.

Tried 200, but it was sent to the trading team as it was a ‘high stake’, so in the end I was only allowed £29 and a few dozen pennies.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 29 Sep - 16:08

In the shop? I've never heard rules about putting 200 on online.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Sep - 16:12

Online. It happens occasionally with relatively obscure political bets.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Sep - 17:03

So the Unknown soldier wins the race......

Breakfast where the news is read.....Television, children fed..
Unborn living, living dead....Bullet strikes the helmet's head.......

Au revoir pour le moment... Ale

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Sun 8 Oct - 0:48

UKIP are finished lets be honest.

The party needs a new focus to remain relevant and Waters believed that focus was the anti-islam/ anti-immigration route which is very worrying.

Lots of people believe that UKIP are a racist party and the fact an open racist nearly won the election doesn't really do UKIP many favours.

What I will imagine is that the next election will be the end of UKIP as a political force in the UK. A lot of their funding will cease when we leave the EU as they have a lot of MEPs which will no longer be in existence and I cant see them gaining any mps in national elections (based on the fact in 2015 they got over 4 million votes and only 1 mp) so I really don't see what they can do from here.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 8 Oct - 10:37

Anne Marie Waters is not an open racist.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Sun 8 Oct - 10:51

Duty281 wrote:Anne Marie Waters is not an open racist.

Well that's not what a large proportion of UKIP members and politicians believe who all threatened to quit the party if she won citing their reasons as her being a racist.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 8 Oct - 10:57

Muscular-mouse wrote:

Well that's not what a large proportion of UKIP members and politicians believe who all threatened to quit the party if she won citing their reasons as her being a racist.

Well, if she is a racist, she’s certainly not open about it!

She’s a touch misguided and horribly unsuited to party politics, though. I’m glad she’s leaving UKIP and setting up her own political party - which will surely fail.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 8 Oct - 11:02

Muscular-mouse wrote:

Because most people would mistakenly judge intolerance of a specific religion for racism.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Sun 8 Oct - 11:37

Scottrf wrote:
Muscular-mouse wrote:

Because most people would mistakenly judge intolerance of a specific religion for racism.

It is deeper than that though. She has been very smart in what she says to not fall foul of the law. When she stood as an mp in London a few years ago she stood on a platform of deporting muslim immigrants, closing all mosques and having a blanket ban on muslims entering the UK. She has stated that Islam is evil and is a murdering machine.

She has Links to the BNP and Jack Buckeby a BNP member was helping her with her UKIP leadership campaign.

She is one of the leaders of Pegida UK which is a group opposed to Islam and is an 'offshoot' of the German group Pegida whose leader was recently found guilty of inciting racial hatred.

She is one of the founders of Sharia watch UK which has published articles such as 'muslim r*** culture' and articles on how halal meat is funding terrorism.

The fact that she has massive support from racist groups such as the BNP the EDL and other organisations and UKIP were worried that members of those groups had infiltrated the party in order to vote for her says a lot about her views and which people are attracted to them.

Like I said she is very smart by not falling foul of the law in the UK but it is pretty obvious she is creating divisions in this country between Muslims and non-Muslims and creating hate and segregation. We have seen a spike in race crimes in this country over the last few years and people like anne marie waters are one of the reasons for that.

I am not a fan of UKIP but they dodged a bullet by not electing her. It would have been the end of their party with her as leader.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 9 Oct - 10:55

A long post but you haven't said anything to contradict my post.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 9 Oct - 11:28

Think UKIP are so far gone now.... perhaps some kind of BNP mark 2.... may give them a little more traction....

If as expected Brexit leads to higher unemployment and perhaps a run on the pound........The Far right may see a resurgence....

UKIP have only 12,000 odd members and they have had four leaders in two years..

My guess is we haven't seen the last of Anne Marie Waters........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 9 Oct - 12:38

Anne Marie Waters' new political party will be launched soon, so you won't have to wait too long to see the dismal failure that it will be!

UKIP has around 25,000-30,000 members, but only around half bothered to vote in this election.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Mon 9 Oct - 12:39

Scottrf wrote:A long post but you haven't said anything to contradict my post.

If you don't see attacks on muslims as being racist then you will never accept she is openly racist. Thank goodness UK law views attacks on muslims as racism.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Mon 9 Oct - 12:41

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think UKIP are so far gone now.... perhaps some kind of BNP mark 2.... may give them a little more traction....

If as expected Brexit leads to higher unemployment and perhaps a run on the pound........The Far right may see a resurgence....

UKIP have only 12,000 odd members and they have had four leaders in two years..

My guess is we haven't seen the last of Anne Marie Waters........

I think UKIP could see a comeback if the EU negotiations go poorly and we get a horrible deal OR if another referendum is called. But they have a lot of work to do because going from over 4 million votes in 2015 to 500k votes in 2017 is abysmal.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 9 Oct - 12:43

Muscular-mouse wrote:

If you don't see attacks on muslims as being racist then you will never accept she is openly racist. Thank goodness UK law views attacks on muslims as racism.

So be it. I don't really view attacks on something you can choose as racism. People associate together based on football teams, would a group of Manchester City fans attacking United fans be a racist attack?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 9 Oct - 12:43

Duty281 wrote:Anne Marie Waters' new political party will be launched soon, so you won't have to wait too long to see the dismal failure that it will be!

UKIP has around 25,000-30,000 members, but only around half bothered to vote in this election.

You mean half couldn't be bothered keeping a radical like Waters out..

All you need to know right there..

Calm down a little muscular mouse............Haven't seen anywhere we she advocates violent protest and all religions should be open to scrutiny...

I find her distasteful but let us not get silly about it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Mon 9 Oct - 12:45

Muscular-mouse wrote:

UK law views it as a hate crime not racism; the only religions that come under race crime in this country is Judaism and Sikhism I do believe.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 9 Oct - 12:49

Muscular-mouse wrote:But they have a lot of work to do because going from over 4 million votes in 2015 to 500k votes in 2017 is abysmal.

And mainly thanks to the abysmal strategy of the last UKIP leadership team.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 9 Oct - 12:53

Duty281 wrote:
Muscular-mouse wrote:But they have a lot of work to do because going from over 4 million votes in 2015 to 500k votes in 2017 is abysmal.

Lack of relevance post referendum...I'd wager is a bigger problem.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 9 Oct - 12:57

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Perhaps, yes, as Nuttall was a useless leader who struggled to define what his party stood for post-referendum.

But the whole farce around the selection of candidates, choosing not to stand candidates against certain members of the pro-EU Tory Party, the woeful selection of seat targeting etc. did not help matters for UKIP.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Mon 9 Oct - 12:57

There's also no protest vote over Ed Millibands sandwich eating ability.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 9 Oct - 13:00

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Perhaps, yes, as Nuttall was a useless leader who struggled to define what his party stood for post-referendum.

But the whole farce around the selection of candidates, choosing not to stand candidates against certain members of the pro-EU Tory Party, the woeful selection of seat targeting etc. did not help matters for UKIP.

They are literally called the UK Independance Party. It's done.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 9 Oct - 13:05

Scottrf wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

They are literally called the UK Independance Party. It's done.

Well, actually Brexit has still not happened. And it may not happen.

Furthermore, if Brexit does happen, there is no reason why UKIP cannot evolve into developing another central focus; personally, I would like them to become the party that targets sweeping democratic reform in the UK, elements of which already exist in their manifesto.

And with the pathetically low standard of the current Lib/Lab/Con parties...anything's possible.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 9 Oct - 13:18

UKIP had the added bonus of becoming the protest party (From the Libs) post Coalition and taking votes off Labour who prior to Corbyn were not thought left wing enough and prior to May the Tories who were not thought right wing enough..

Also had the most charismatic leader out of all the parties..

Like Scotty I think it is over.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Mon 9 Oct - 17:33

Scottrf wrote:
Muscular-mouse wrote:

So be it. I don't really view attacks on something you can choose as racism. People associate together based on football teams, would a group of Manchester City fans attacking United fans be a racist attack?

Well under UK law attacks on muslims because they are muslim is classed as racism so your point is mute that Waters is not openly racist because her target is muslims because under UK law that is classed as racism.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Mon 9 Oct - 17:35

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Anne Marie Waters' new political party will be launched soon, so you won't have to wait too long to see the dismal failure that it will be!

Calm down a little muscular mouse............Haven't seen anywhere we she advocates violent protest and all religions should be open to scrutiny...

Of course scrutinise religion that's fine but what is not fine is her standing on a political platform that all muslims should be deported. That has nothing to do with scrutinising the religion and is instead attacking those people (by way of deportation) because they chose to believe that religion.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 9 Oct - 17:42

Muscular-mouse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Of course scrutinise religion that's fine but what is not fine is her standing on a political platform that all muslims should be deported. That has nothing to do with scrutinising the religion and is instead attacking those people (by way of deportation) because they chose to believe that religion.

That's not her position.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Mon 9 Oct - 18:30

Attacks on Muslims are hate crimes as defined by the equality law of 2010, Muslim isn't a race.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Tue 10 Oct - 12:49

Duty281 wrote:
Muscular-mouse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

That's not her position.

Excuse me she never said specifically said ALL but the theme and the tone of her message makes it clear that she doesn't want muslims in the uk. This is what she said

When asked what she would do if she was elected, Ms Waters told the Mirror reporter: "For a start the immigration will have to stop, the immigration from Islamic countries has to stop entirely, that is just the way it is.

"A lot of people need to be deported. Many mosques need to be closed down. It really has to get tough."

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 10 Oct - 12:50

'A lot of people' she could easily be talking about only those who are on terrorism watch lists.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 10 Oct - 12:52

I can't stand the women but you can't just make up things she hasn't actually said.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next