The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+16
super_realist
kwinigolfer
McLaren
pedro
Diggers
dynamark
Shotrock
Mad for Chelsea
I'm never wrong
JAS
raycastleunited
westisbest
Roller_Coaster
Davie
Be_the_ball
beninho
20 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 15 Oct 2017, 10:57 am

First topic message reminder :

I think bailly does look a good prospect, but he is pretty raw. The spurs pairing is probably the best in tge league as a partnership. I think mendy looks an immense left back, alonso also good, I think rose is better then bertrand though, when fit. I remember a time when full backs had to defend!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm

Palace out the bottom three, unbeaten in 6, if only benteke wasn't a dick in injury time on saturday against cherries. Anyone still think huddersfield a better bet to stay up?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm

Hard to see them staying up Kwini. Big turn around at Palace, if Benteke hadn't gone rogue at the weekend they'd be positively mid table (well, not really). Think that's 1 loss in 7 now I think, 14 points from 13 games for Roy. Fairly healthy return.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:03 pm

Davis more concerned about supposedly, according to him, being quoted out of context (nothing is agreed etc etc) today, rather than lying to parliament last week.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:36 am

Well done alabama!

I doubt Froome will win spoty now.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:52 am

Mo Farah was on the asthma meds and he still gets put up for it every year.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:56 am

McLaren wrote:Mo Farah was on the asthma meds and he still gets put up for it every year.
I'm afraid I don't believe any of these athletes who claim to be asthmatic when they're more or less the World's best and their lung function is clearly out of this world. It's nonsense. Bit like Sharapova claiming she had/has a heart defect and needs her meldronium. Sorry, don't buy it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:59 am

Froome. SURPRIIIIIIIISE!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:04 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Mo Farah was on the asthma meds and he still gets put up for it every year.
I'm afraid I don't believe any of these athletes who claim to be asthmatic when they're more or less the World's best and their lung function is clearly out of this world. It's nonsense. Bit like Sharapova claiming she had/has a heart defect and needs her meldronium. Sorry, don't buy it.

I love the bbc headline "Questions for Froome after adverse test". Questions? That is one way to put it and not how they would have put it about a random Russian athlete for example. Froome is done and dusted, B sample also shows he took it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:30 am

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I love the bbc headline "Questions for Froome after  adverse test".  Questions?  That is one way to put it and not how they would have put it about a random Russian athlete for example.  Froome is done and dusted, B sample also shows he took it.

The fact he took it isn't an issue, it's not a banned substance. You don't even need a TUE to take it. The issue is the quantity, which they are saying was taken on doctors advice.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 13 Dec 2017, 11:31 am

Diggers wrote:
McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I love the bbc headline "Questions for Froome after  adverse test".  Questions?  That is one way to put it and not how they would have put it about a random Russian athlete for example.  Froome is done and dusted, B sample also shows he took it.

The fact he took it isn't an issue, it's not a banned substance. You don't even need a TUE to take it. The issue is the quantity, which they are saying was taken on doctors advice.
Indeed; there's nuance here. However, I don't buy he's asthmatic in the first place. Maybe as a kid, but now? Nah.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:09 pm

Come on. Use your common sense. It's like some just want to believe.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:25 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:
McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Indeed; there's nuance here. However, I don't buy he's asthmatic in the first place. Maybe as a kid, but now? Nah.

Well I'm not an asthma expert but have had some training as I work with asthmatic kids. It's true that a lot of asthma traits can disappear with age, but certainly not a given. A lot of kids who are asthmatic are great athletes, exercise really helps to ease asthma but doesn't cure the cause which can be triggered in numerous ways. So my understanding is a being asthmatic is not necessarily going to hinder athletic performance.
If he can prove he is actually asthmatic...which shouldn't be hard...would people believe his innocence?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:
McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Well I'm not an asthma expert but have had some training as I work with asthmatic kids. It's true that a lot of asthma traits can disappear with age, but certainly not a given. A lot of kids who are asthmatic are great athletes, exercise really helps to ease asthma but doesn't cure the cause which can be triggered in numerous ways. So my understanding is a being asthmatic is not necessarily going to hinder athletic performance.
If he can prove he is actually asthmatic...which shouldn't be hard...would people believe his innocence?
Agreed.
I'd go with the medical evidence, although I'm not sure I trust all medics associated with this sort of high performance sport - too many cases of being in cahoots with wrongdoing. Still, if it's all above board, I'll go along with it. This doesn't help his reputation/legacy though...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:08 pm

Cyclists and other sportspeople such as Farah seem to push the use of prescription drugs to the allowed limit to gain a an advantage. If you get it wrong then I guess you just have to accept the ban or whatever punishment.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:01 pm

It's not just the prescription drugs. I was about to watch an England match on TV, but it was rained off. One of the co-commentators mentioned that there might be a minor issue with the players having to play the next day. He mentioned that they would have probably have taken caffeine pills or similar, and would there be enough time for them to wear off for them to take another one the next day?
Now in my naivety, I wondered why any professional sports person would need a "lift"? But is it a "lift" or giving themselves an "edge" - to be better than the opposition?
Where do you draw the line? What about energy drinks and supplements I see these people take?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:42 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:I was about to watch an England match on TV, but it was rained off. One of the co-commentators mentioned that there might be a minor issue with the players having to play the next day. He mentioned that they would have probably have taken caffeine pills or similar, and would there be enough time for them to wear off for them to take another one the next day?

Which sport was that? Crown green bowling?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:14 pm

Davie wrote:
I'm never wrong wrote:I was about to watch an England match on TV, but it was rained off. One of the co-commentators mentioned that there might be a minor issue with the players having to play the next day. He mentioned that they would have probably have taken caffeine pills or similar, and would there be enough time for them to wear off for them to take another one the next day?

Good point Davie. England football.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:37 pm

Davie wrote:

Laugh

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:23 am

Super

Someone recently drew my attention to this guy, and my immediate reaction was holy s**t that's super.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/meet-vile-vlogger-whose-racist-9586908

and short doco on him/you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOq2MjvnYo

Please confirm whether or not this is you?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:33 am

Given that you've got zero evidence that I'm racist, or a vlogger, how could you make the connection?

Furthermore he's too fat and young to be me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:35 am

Super

Calm down, it was clearly just a joke. What a joyless guy you are.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

Mac, I know it was a joke, but I dislike being tagged as a racist when you haven't the slightest bit of evidence which could even infer I was.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:09 pm

Super

I bet if I were to trawl through your posting history there would be at least the slightest bit of evidence.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:28 pm

Well find it then. I challenge you, and by that, I don't mean picking out nonsense like the late MisterOakey did and make a ridiculous conflation that because I dislike "Need More Reps", it must "because he is black" and by default makes me racist.

I mean actual evidence of me saying something against someone on the basis of their skin colour, or ethnicity.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:53 pm

Super

I am not sure you are full on racist, but.....
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 14 Dec 2017, 2:48 pm

I'd stop now if I were you Mac...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Dec 2017, 3:31 pm

If you were me you wouldn't stop some gentle ribbing of Super. Wink
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:51 pm

McLaren wrote:If you were me you wouldn't stop some gentle ribbing of Super.  Wink
True, but can we keep away from even tentative suggestions of racism? OK
I'm sure there's ample other material you could go after...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:54 pm

Bugger, has super lawyer'ed up?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:33 pm

Must confess I don't know why admin action is threatened by the R word. These two trade enough insults - some far worse in my opinion than the R word yet they go unnoticed. I cant imaging super has complained so what's your PC problem?

Last edited by Davie on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:14 pm

Davie 

Super has actually complained to the mods a few times when people have accuses him of racism. Which is rich from a guy who has never been offended.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:43 am

Mac, I have NEVER complained to the mods when people have accused me of being racist. In fact I've never complained to the mods about anything. Stop lying and being so dishonest, it only makes you look like an idiot when you have no evidence. Someone complained to the mods though when I called you a "plank" and I was reprimanded. Hardly the worst insult is it? It might not have been you who reported me, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was. I've even have you trying to reprimand me via private email. So when it comes to complaining, you're far more likely to.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:51 am

Super

Fair enough, I thought you implied earlier that you had got monty kicked.

Why do you think you get accused of racism on here quite often and by several different people?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:56 pm

Davie wrote:Must confess I don't know why admin action is threatened by the R word. These two trade enough insults - some far worse in my opinion than the R word yet they go unnoticed. I cant imaging super has complained so what's your PC problem?

Because I decided to act on it in this way. Essentially.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 1:00 pm

Taking offense on another's behalf you mean?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:46 pm

Davie wrote:Taking offense on another's behalf you mean?
Consider it a Moderator decision. End of story really.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:51 pm

So what actually happened to monty and will he ever be back? I quite enjoyed his presence on here and it will be rather sad if we won't see him around anymore.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:33 pm

No idea Mac. He wasn't and isn't banned from what I can see.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:57 pm

McLaren wrote:So what actually happened to monty and will he ever be back?  I quite enjoyed his presence on here and it will be rather sad if we won't see him around anymore.

He got "triggered" as the youth would say and went off in a hissy fit because he was made to look like a moron with his juvenile accusations of racism.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:59 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Fair enough, I thought you implied earlier that you had got monty kicked.  

Why do you think you get accused of racism on here quite often and by several different people?

Firstly, I've only ever been accused of racism by you and Monty, coincidently the two people who scour the news for something to be offended by.

Probably mostly because they're ignorant oafs who have no idea what racism actually is and who make absurd and preposterous conflations between genuinely loathsome people and the fact that they in some examples have brown skin, whilst simultaneously and conveniently forgetting about all the other non black people who I also consistently have a dislike for.

How about that?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:39 pm

You are consistently insulting to the Irish - and before you say it I know "Irish" isn't a race .. but a rose by any other name eh?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:45 pm

Well, you said it, they're not a race. Next.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:09 am

Xenophobic, intolerant, judgemental, bigoted, narrow minded.

Strange things to give yourself on an online persona and not really nice traits in anyone.

Each to their own. Some people are just pricks, thats life.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:29 am

I make playful jokes about the Irish, if you want to jump on a professionally offended tirade that it's xenophobic, intolerant, judgemental, bigoted and narrow minded, that's up to you, but those are the sort of buzzwords that the fauxfence, synthetically outraged brigade just love to pull out whenever someone says something they even slightly disagree with (if they don't call for them to be fired), which rather makes you more intolerant and bigoted for not being able to respect someone else's opinion than me doesn't it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:35 am

Dont you openly admit to not respecting people's opinions on religion and their rigjts regarding being offended? Two name just two views aired.

Playful jokes about the irish? So you saying its all been a joke, and you have no issues with them at all?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:43 am

I would also add that for people to think you could be racist, xenophobic, bigoted you have cultivated a really sht online persona.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:22 am

Some good games today. I think Spurs will get something at Citeh, just a hunch really. Maybe Walker gifts a penalty, funny how those things happen. Leicester to stop the Palace revival, Puel has done wonders there, looking like a top 4 team at the minute. Didn't play last week but Demarai Gray is another big young English talent.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:19 am

Can't believe how depressing the cricket is. After a half decent session I imagine the worst case scenario, every time this is what I've woken up to. Australia are not a great side but Smith really is proving to be an all time great player.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

Waste of time getting up way too early to follow the cricket - Perth is the worst with our time difference, but hoped there might be something interesting in the last session. Wrong.

Also looking forward to the Leicester/Palace game - not convinced about Gray though, can't really see what his best position is going to be. He'd help himself if he was more of a goal threat.

If Watford (Huddersfield) and Everton (Swansea) win this weekend(ish), there could easily be a seven-point margin between the top half and bottom half by Monday night. And any of the bottom ten could go down.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:00 am

The cricket is terrible, im wasting a fiver a month to have bt sport on my phone! But cricket has become so dominated by the home teams. Ashes is a case in point, win at home lose away.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next