The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

+63
RugbyFan100
David-Douglas
Exiledinborders
TrailApe
furra_linee
munkian
dummy_half
Tramptastic
EST
whocares
TightHEAD
EnglishReign
The Oracle
des
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Second Ranker
nlpnlp
GeordieFalcon
R!skysports
IanBru
propdavid_london
jimbopip
demosthenes
LordDowlais
Thunderthighs
No 7&1/2
RDW
Scottrf
lostinwales
George Carlin
cascough
Gwlad
TJ
Sgt_Pooly
highland_scot
NeilyBroon
Tattie Scones RRN
MichaelT
Barney McGrew did it
BamBam
LondonTiger
Cyril
alive555
funnyExiledScot
123456789
cakeordeath
poddy89
reallybored
wisden
bsando
Anglobraveheart
Hazel Sapling
21st Century Schizoid Man
MacKnocked-on
Mad for Chelsea
BigGee
SecretFly
tigertattie
EWT Spoons
Heuer27
RuggerRadge2611
67 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RDW Mon 27 Nov 2017, 7:57 am

First topic message reminder :

2017 Autumn Test Results

Scotland 44 - Samoa 38 Smile

Tries - Hogg, Jones, McInally (2), Dunbar, Horne

Scotland 17 - New Zealand 22 Crying or Very sad

Tries - J Gray, Jones

Scotland 53 - Australia 24 Yahoo

McGuigan (2), Price, Maitland, J Gray, Jones, Barclay, McInally


6N fixtures

Wales V Scotland
Scotland V France

Scotland V England

Ireland V Scotland
Italy V Scotland




RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 30873
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down


Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by The Oracle Wed 07 Mar 2018, 10:32 am

BamBam wrote:
R!skysports wrote:
beshocked wrote:riskysports I think in general the English-Scottish fans on this forum get on well.

Scotland do have bragging rights this year so well done. OK  clap

Well obviously English people in general can come across as arrogant, especially when it comes to England-Scotland in rugby and football. England have got used to winning almost every time.

First time England have lost to Scotland in a while so it's a bit of a shock even if Murrayfield away is now a tough place for opposition to go.

That haughty attitude I guess does fuel anti English sentiment.

Can't forget that we band together in the athletics/olympics and I happily cheer Scottish athletes as much as the English ones.

Good luck vs Ireland. Ale

I also like Edinburgh - been there quite a few times - some for rugby, some for non rugby reasons but I've had happy memories of Murrayfield on my couple of travels there - funnily enough both club games.

I should have said that no-one on here is target of my frustrations  Hug

I was born and bread in Scotland, but due to have a few English friends ended up having a very soft Scottish accent.

I was attacked twice just because of my accent while a teenager

The vast majority of fans are very nice people, but there does tend to be a default ' English joke' ready to go - which I think becomes a little tired


However, going back to Rugby, you should be judged on the last game - and Scotland are the moral number 2 in the world (well kind of :-) )

Anyway, I will get off my soap box and talk rugby again


Some would say that you're the best of both Very Happy


Flour of Scotland!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 3645
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by George Carlin Thu 08 Mar 2018, 8:49 am

The Oracle wrote:
BamBam wrote:
R!skysports wrote:
beshocked wrote:riskysports I think in general the English-Scottish fans on this forum get on well.

Scotland do have bragging rights this year so well done. OK  clap

Well obviously English people in general can come across as arrogant, especially when it comes to England-Scotland in rugby and football. England have got used to winning almost every time.

First time England have lost to Scotland in a while so it's a bit of a shock even if Murrayfield away is now a tough place for opposition to go.

That haughty attitude I guess does fuel anti English sentiment.

Can't forget that we band together in the athletics/olympics and I happily cheer Scottish athletes as much as the English ones.

Good luck vs Ireland. Ale

I also like Edinburgh - been there quite a few times - some for rugby, some for non rugby reasons but I've had happy memories of Murrayfield on my couple of travels there - funnily enough both club games.

I should have said that no-one on here is target of my frustrations  Hug

I was born and bread in Scotland, but due to have a few English friends ended up having a very soft Scottish accent.

I was attacked twice just because of my accent while a teenager

The vast majority of fans are very nice people, but there does tend to be a default ' English joke' ready to go - which I think becomes a little tired


However, going back to Rugby, you should be judged on the last game - and Scotland are the moral number 2 in the world (well kind of :-) )

Anyway, I will get off my soap box and talk rugby again


Some would say that you're the best of both Very Happy


Flour of Scotland!
Not to be confused with the stuff that makes the Bread of Heaven which is a key Rarebit ingredient.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 15059
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by BigGee Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:45 am

Scotland announced a changed squad for the last game, with call ups for Matt Fagerson, Adam Hastings, Scott Cummings and wait for it, Richie Vernon!

Toonie has let most of the fringe Edinburgh players return to the club so they can prepare for the clash with Munster on Friday night. He is doing Cockers a big favour there.

Probably no great surprises about the first three additions, but I don't think anyone was expecting RV to come back in on the strength of a half a game in two seasons.

I don't imagine any of them are going to play in Rome, but at least they will get an idea how the squad works now and they may well tour over the summer.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11725
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RDW Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:49 am

Anyone want to do a match thread?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 30873
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:50 am

yeah I'll do one gimmie a sec
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 36
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by BigGee Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:57 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:yeah I'll do one gimmie a sec

beat you to it!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11725
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by BigGee Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:59 am


BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11725
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:59 am

BigGee wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:yeah I'll do one gimmie a sec

beat you to it!

Typical Scot! In for a try in less than a sec.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm

BigGee wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:yeah I'll do one gimmie a sec

beat you to it!

I'll stick my neck out and say you are a project manager since I answered a task calling and got someone to do it anyway....

https://www.606v2.com/t67300-6n-tournament-italy-vs-scotland-17-march-2018-comune-di-roma-capitale
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 36
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by BigGee Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:30 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
BigGee wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:yeah I'll do one gimmie a sec

beat you to it!

I'll stick my neck out and say you are a project manager since I answered a task calling and got someone to do it anyway....

https://www.606v2.com/t67300-6n-tournament-italy-vs-scotland-17-march-2018-comune-di-roma-capitale

A nurse actually!

But I guess I am quite used to dealing with several projects simultaneously!

I am very much looking forward to this game, not least because I am going to it. I have been to the Stade Olympico a couple of times but only to watch football, it is though a pretty good stadium. By way of disclosure, I am married to a Roman and have spent a good bit of time in Rome over the years. I would thoroughly recommend it as a long weekend destination. The first time you go to Rome, it will just blow you away.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11725
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:37 pm

I absolutely love Rome too, been twice. Once for a win once for a loss...
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 36
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:38 pm

BigGee wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
BigGee wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:yeah I'll do one gimmie a sec

beat you to it!

I'll stick my neck out and say you are a project manager since I answered a task calling and got someone to do it anyway....

https://www.606v2.com/t67300-6n-tournament-italy-vs-scotland-17-march-2018-comune-di-roma-capitale

A nurse actually!

But I guess I am quite used to dealing with several projects simultaneously!

I am very much looking forward to this game, not least because I am going to it. I have been to the Stade Olympico a couple of times but only to watch football, it is though a pretty good stadium. By way of disclosure, I am married to a Roman and have spent a good bit of time in Rome over the years. I would thoroughly recommend it as a long weekend destination. The first time you go to Rome, it will just blow you away.

okay, okay, Big Gee, we get it! You have a perfect life. Italian wife and a sunny second home from home in Rome.

Don't rub it in, I have a mucky paddock to go into later to feed a depressed looking horse....

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:41 pm

SecretFly wrote:okay, okay, Big Gee, we get it!  You have a perfect life.  Italian wife and a sunny second home from home in Rome.

Don't rub it in, I have a mucky paddock to go into later to feed a depressed looking horse....

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Mylovelyhorse

Excuse the sterotyping fly Whistle

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Brighton

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:52 pm

OK Yeah, that just about covers it, Frantic. Except for the collars. I preach a lot in here but not on an altar Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:53 pm

Laugh

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Brighton

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by BigGee Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:57 pm

SecretFly wrote:
BigGee wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
BigGee wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:yeah I'll do one gimmie a sec

beat you to it!

I'll stick my neck out and say you are a project manager since I answered a task calling and got someone to do it anyway....

https://www.606v2.com/t67300-6n-tournament-italy-vs-scotland-17-march-2018-comune-di-roma-capitale

A nurse actually!

But I guess I am quite used to dealing with several projects simultaneously!

I am very much looking forward to this game, not least because I am going to it. I have been to the Stade Olympico a couple of times but only to watch football, it is though a pretty good stadium. By way of disclosure, I am married to a Roman and have spent a good bit of time in Rome over the years. I would thoroughly recommend it as a long weekend destination. The first time you go to Rome, it will just blow you away.

okay, okay, Big Gee, we get it!  You have a perfect life.  Italian wife and a sunny second home from home in Rome.

Don't rub it in, I have a mucky paddock to go into later to feed a depressed looking horse....

and beating us at rugby on Saturday was no consolation?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11725
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

Nothing is consolation enough for muck, BigGee.

You genuinely though made me yearn for Rome there.  I might just make it happen now this year.  If it does, the Italian tourist board should pay you a commission!

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 20 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum