The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGuigan taking legal action against Frampton

+5
milkyboy
Seanusarrilius
Steffan
marty2086
horizontalhero
9 posters

Go down

McGuigan taking legal action against Frampton Empty McGuigan taking legal action against Frampton

Post by horizontalhero Mon 27 Nov 2017, 10:17 am

Very sad to see this reported on the BBC, esp. given Barry's personal history with legal wranglings with his promoter back in the day. Anyone got any more detail on this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42132052

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

McGuigan taking legal action against Frampton Empty Re: McGuigan taking legal action against Frampton

Post by marty2086 Mon 27 Nov 2017, 10:26 am

Framptons solicitors statement is all the information that's out there, the whole thing will probably come down to whether or not it's deemed Frampton fulfilled his obligation for the Gutierrez fight since he weighed in and was all set to fight

marty2086

Back to top Go down

McGuigan taking legal action against Frampton Empty Re: McGuigan taking legal action against Frampton

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Nov 2017, 3:14 pm

I had a feeling this would happen. McGuigan is starting to come across as not the nicest person going nowadays. I always suspected these former allies would eventually turn on each other eventually

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 27 Nov 2017, 3:36 pm

Problem with McGuigan is he wants to be promoter, manager, have his son train you. frampton must have been giving 50% of his purse to them, one way or another. That must take its toll

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Nov 2017, 4:08 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Problem with McGuigan is he wants to be promoter, manager, have his son train you. frampton must have been giving 50% of his purse to them, one way or another. That must take its toll
Agree with all of the above

On another note...Seanusarrilius. How the hell are you? Long time no speak. What you been up to? You still living in Canada?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 27 Nov 2017, 4:10 pm

I love the claims that are being made here, Barry McGuigan has not been part of Cyclone for a number of years yet people like to call him greedy. All this despite the fact it was Frampton who bailed while still under contract.

By the way, it was McGuigan who poured money into Frampton and took the financial risk on him and while he benefitted financially it was a big leap of faith to take.

If Cyclone were to sit idly by and allow him to leave without a fight, then what's to stop other boxers leaving them while under contract? It's a business after all

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 27 Nov 2017, 4:22 pm

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Problem with McGuigan is he wants to be promoter, manager, have his son train you. frampton must have been giving 50% of his purse to them, one way or another. That must take its toll

On another note...Seanusarrilius. How the hell are you? Long time no speak. What you been up to? You still living in Canada?

Hey Steffan, good to see you are still kicking around the board. I am indeed still here. Getting ready for the winter, which basically means putting on weight and dressing warmer. How are things on your end?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Nov 2017, 4:27 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Hey Steffan, good to see you are still kicking around the board. I am indeed still here. Getting ready for the winter, which basically means putting on weight and dressing warmer. How are things on your end?
Glad to hear it. Which part are you in again? Yeah I am not bad thanks. Was working and living up in Suffolk for most of the year. Back in Wales at the moment until more work in 2018 comes up. Off on my jollies back to Barcelona for a bit next week and then heading to Amsterdam in January. Other than that...you'll find moochin about on this forum Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 27 Nov 2017, 4:34 pm

Nice! Sounds like you are keeping busy. I am in Ontario, near Toronto. Try to get back to Europe once every year or so if i can. Who else is still fluttering aroundt he forum? Chris55, Truss, Rowley?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Nov 2017, 5:15 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Nice! Sounds like you are keeping busy. I am in Ontario, near Toronto. Try to get back to Europe once every year or so if i can. Who else is still fluttering aroundt he forum? Chris55, Truss, Rowley?
I have always fancied visiting Toronto as it goes. I always go the Maple Leafs when playing an Ice Hockey computer game. Was thinking about it this year but put it off due to having to shed out some cash on other things. Maybe next winter though. Would definitely make sure I was going the same week as a game and get tickets in advance

I'll be honest I have only started posting again since I got back to Wales. But since then I have seen no sign of Rowley or Chriss55. Dave667 the complete annoying psychopath got banned for good thankfully. I think the boxing part of this forum has been pretty peaceful recently. Trusscargo is stick kicking about on here. He seems to be a reformed character (most of the time) so that's good. Hopefully will see you posting a bit more if you're back on the scene

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Nov 2017, 5:16 pm

Is it just be or gave a lot of the 'old hands ' gone ? I made an enquiry about this recently but there was no reply.Chris still makes salient points but Rowley and Tino are long gone I fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Nov 2017, 5:25 pm

andygf wrote:Is it just be or gave a lot of the 'old hands ' gone ? I made an enquiry about this recently but there was no reply.Chris still makes salient points but Rowley and Tino are long gone I fear.
Yeah a lot of the old heads have gone from when this forum first started up (which was over 6 years ago now...maybe going on 7?). I do indeed miss Tino and Rowley. If you are reading this guys...come back. We need you. Let's get the boxing section back in full flow again boxing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:00 pm

Hey Andy. Shame some of the old guard went away, but we all have lives i suppose. I will be trying to post a bit more regualrly. Get yourself over for a game, Steffan. Leafs are half decent this year Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:07 pm

Nothing like an online argument about old versus new fighters ! No-one will be talking about the old-timers any more.I was always really interested as a novice on the subject - John Bloomin Wayne and Fists of Fury also...

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:16 pm

Who remembers how the fook from old BBC 606? Now we are going back. Shengalong

Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:32 pm

Joe Louis v Anthony Joshua

Louis beats Joshua because Louis was 37 when he lost to Marciano who was one year older than Joshua than when he beat Klitschko who was three years older than Joshua when he beat Chris Byrd

Last edited by Steffan on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Nov 2017, 7:26 pm

Davemoron who had his little raps had a comeback a few years ago and defended his title as the biggest space cadet out there.. as for Spring ,well he was an old pantomime ham trotting out the same performance year after year.He had a lot of fans though!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:29 pm

Alright seanus.

This place has died a slow death for years, most of the regulars got fed up with the wums and left or just got their banter on other parts of the site, like shah, Tina, rowley. Even truss got fed up of leaving click bait recently and just does the same on politics instead. Without provocative thread starters it’s pretty quiet.

I haven’t had a starling honeyghan scrap with truss for years and can’t remember the last Leonard hagler bitchathon... so i guess it’s not all bad

A few old faces rear their heads on a big fight night, chris for example, others are still around, but other than that pretty quiet.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mighty G Tue 28 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm

how can this thread have got to this stage without anyone mentioning D4? Smile
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 28 Nov 2017, 9:17 pm

milkyboy wrote:Alright seanus.

This place has died a slow death for years, most of the regulars got fed up with the wums and left or just got their banter on other parts of the site, like shah, Tina, rowley. Even truss got fed up of leaving click bait recently and just does the same on politics instead. Without provocative thread starters it’s pretty quiet.

I haven’t had a starling honeyghan scrap with truss for years and can’t remember the last Leonard hagler bitchathon... so i guess it’s not all bad

A few old faces rear their heads on a big fight night, chris for example, others are still around, but other than that pretty quiet.

Ahoy there! Good to see you are still kicking around, Milkyboy. Is it just the boxing that died on this forum, or the other sports too. Shame, boxing is bigger than has been in decades and this forum died a death.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 28 Nov 2017, 9:55 pm

I was thinking of leaving this forum but I am hoping they will make me a moderator in 2018 so I can stay. The ball is in your court 606v2

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:43 pm

Steffan wrote:I was thinking of leaving this forum but I am hoping they will make me a moderator in 2018 so I can stay. The ball is in your court 606v2

With your well earned reputation for mediation i’msure You’re a shoe-in steff.

Do they even have mods on here any more? No moderators and no one left to moderate.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:48 pm

The Mighty G wrote:how can this thread have got to this stage without anyone mentioning D4? Smile

They have now.

Personally I think the loss of waingro was the death knell. Without someone to remind us the Klitchkos were brothers all hope was lost.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 28 Nov 2017, 11:09 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Alright seanus.

Ahoy there! Good to see you are still kicking around, Milkyboy. Is it just the boxing that died on this forum, or the other sports too. Shame, boxing is bigger than has been in decades and this forum died a death.

Not sure re the other forums bud. Re boxing - We always had our share of loons on here, but with enough good posters you could let it pass... once you start getting outnumbered people just give up I think. I’m a creature of habit and just too lazy to go elsewhere but rarely summon the effort to post these days. There’s still some decent posters and Sometimes these things are cyclical so who knows... but the days of podcasts and active promotion of the place seem long gone and it’s very quiet.. Christ I can’t even find a tumbleweed emoji.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:30 am

I think the endless 'Floyd v Manny' / 'Floyd's standing in the sport' arguments killed this board. Also Windy's sad death and the loss of posters like him the captain made the place a lot less interesting when there was no big fights to keep everyone occupied.

Personally speaking, the increasing number of POV's for frankly crap fights and crap fighters and the loss of a programme like Friday Fight Night did for my interest in the sport to the extent that I can't be bothered following it to any great degree and certainly cant be bothered discussing it at any length.

Rowley is on Twitter but you'd need to know his real name to find him and I doubt he would appreciate me sharing that.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 29 Nov 2017, 1:22 pm

Jeez super, you mean rowley’s not his real name? Wish I’d thought of that, there’s not many milkyboy’s in the phone directory so i guess people could track me down. Good job they don’t know my first name is Dave.

If only Coxy had shown rowley’s level of cunning he might not have been famously outed and had to threaten to sue everyone.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

How do Milky?

I'd forgotten all about the outing of the 'Athlete' and his batting average of 12.

Jeff once gave a clue to his real name so happy to share that here - he shares his surname with a famous serial killer.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 29 Nov 2017, 2:11 pm

I’m good thanks super, trust the wheels of the legal system are still running truer for your input?

The outing of the athlete was amusing but not as amusing as his response to it.

So there you have it folks, if you’re pining for Rowley just look for Jeff ripper on twitter. Alternatively, pen a tweet on Charlie Burley and see who replies first.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Nov 2017, 2:26 pm

The wheels of justice are positively gleaming at the moment, Milky - probably has a lot to do with the fact that pre-Brexit trepidation has firmly set in amongst my clients and I'm unusually quiet for the time of year.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Nov 2017, 6:12 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Who remembers how the fook from old BBC 606? Now we are going back. Shengalong

Smile

HTF never did post those photos of his wife dressed as a school girl Britney Spears. Otherwise, he was a lovely lad.

Sheng was an attention seeking man child. A bit of a d1ckhead.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:23 pm

All that court case and personal life stuff doesnt interest me. That's one problem with society - too interested in 'Reality TV/ Sun Newspaper reporting.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Dec 2017, 3:32 pm

Yeah, I know it's been said a few times before but with Windy gone it's been a bit lame. I know that I wasn't by any means one of his besties on here, but we did pm each other- I was telling him about my research into my relation to John L Sullivan (not that surprising as there was a lot of Irish immigration to the UK at the time)and although it couldn't be proven, he was delighted to hear about it and asked me to post updates on 606 .Was not sure about the wisdom of that but all the same, it was good chatting to folks here about the early twentieth century era- Dave667 launched some pretty ferocious and mostly unprovoked attacks on me here, but the guy really knew his stuff particularly on Peter Jackson!Very Happy
Have a good festive period everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Fri 01 Dec 2017, 5:19 pm

Good evenning Seanusarrilius, it did bring a smile seeing your name pop up on this forum, i hope you are well. In regards to the subject i can see bith sides of the argument, as Sean said it seems alot of Framptons income would be gobbled up due to manager/trainer/promoter link however would Frampton be in the position he is without Barrys and Shanes help?

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 01 Dec 2017, 9:14 pm

Framton is talented, he would still be an alphabet champion without Barry and Shanes help. And he STILL would have ran from Rigo.

He'd also be paying the same amount of money out, though to three separate entities rather than one family.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down