The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook vs Rabchenko

+2
The Beast
Nathaniel Jacobs
6 posters

Go down

Brook vs Rabchenko Empty Brook vs Rabchenko

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Mon 11 Dec - 18:02

Slimeball Eddie Hearn confirms Kell Brook will return at 154lbs against Rabchenko, who's the reigning European light middleweight champion. Bout takes place in Sheffield on March 3, 2018.

Whatever the outcome 154lbs is loaded and Brook has no real hope of legitimately getting a belt

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Brook vs Rabchenko Empty Re: Brook vs Rabchenko

Post by The Beast Mon 11 Dec - 19:45

Agreed I am a fan of Brook but that is a tough comeback fight after being stopped twice in succession, not a foregone conclusion imo.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 11 Dec - 19:53

I wonder whether that fight with GGG busted Brook beyond repair at this level of boxing. In two successive fights he has had bone fractures to his eye sockets.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 11 Dec - 21:08

Actually a pretty good test as Rabchenko is a brawler which is exactly who Brook struggles with

I mean Brook should outbox him for at least 6 rounds but it'll be interesting to see how he copes with the pace and if his eye holds out

Good comeback fight and good to see him back, think he suits 154 he was always tight at 147 just hope his eye can hold up
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Tue 12 Dec - 9:29

Will be interesting to see how strong he is at the weight. I just get the feeling his punches won't be as affective and he will get out muscled. Yes he was tight at WW but he was big at the weight so some obvious advantages he may not have at LMW.

Wish him well and fair play for taking the Spence fight right after GGG. He could have vacated then moved up which he would have got away with but went in with the best WW anyway and credit for that. Also here this is no gimme so good he's testing himself.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 12 Dec - 10:22

A good thing for Brook perhaps is that following the retirement of Cotto and the middleweight moves of Canelo and Andrade, there is a lot less competition at 154 than 147.

Charlo, Lara and Hurd are the class of the division and while I like them (apart from lara who is an awful watch) they aren't quite Spence, Thurman, Garcia, Porter, pacquiao etc.

I would also expect Hurd to move up soon because he's a freakishly huge lightmiddleweight and the middleweight division is hot right now.

That leaves only really Charlo (who like Hurd may move up soon) as the standout. Think him vs Sadim Ali is a logical step as Ali has a lot of momentum but is really a welterweight and one who's been stopped before.

Also Liam Smith could be a pretty decent fight as Liam always comes to fight and obviously there is that domestic angle

Then the obvious one....Khan....you have to imagine that this will happen next year as both fighters need that fight now...it's just a shame because they are both past their best but they only have themselves to blame
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 Dec - 12:44

I think the thought that GGG "broke" Brook is a valid one. Taking nothing away from Spence who was very good, I don't think it was the best Kell Brook in there against him.
He will always be worrying about his eyes now that both have been damaged and that cannot be a thing to have constantly preying on a fighter's mind.

I think it's a fight too far. Fair play to Brook for not taking it easy but with harder punching and bigger opposition he may find it too wearing.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down