The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Gone Wrong at Saracens

+14
doctor_grey
Rugby Fan
lostinwales
Sgt_Pooly
formerly known as Sam
No 7&1/2
The Great Aukster
whocares
Scottrf
Dollar Bill
carpet baboon
geoff999rugby
beshocked
LondonTiger
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's Gone Wrong at Saracens?

What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Empty What's Gone Wrong at Saracens

Post by LondonTiger Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Mainly putting this up to save other threads being derailed.

However a valid point, as after an unprecedented 6 defeats in a row the reigning Euro Champs do seem to be struggling. I suspect that come 24th December they will find form, but what do others think?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

What's Gone Wrong at Saracens - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Gone Wrong at Saracens

Post by beshocked Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Another loss that should have been a win - 7 losses in a row. There is indeed a problem.

Losing narrowly yet again isn't good enough.

In the past Saracens wouldn't lose from when being 13 points up - their ability to defend a lead has gone up in smoke.

Sure Clermont did a lot of playacting but too many high tackles from Saracens, discipline was poor.

I'd like see to see the real turning point in the game - was the clermont player held? It looked like to me the Clermont player shouldn't have been allowed to make that line break which essentially settled the match...

I might be wrong though.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:35 pm

How is Calum Clarke playing? Not seen too many Sarries games this season.

I am sure there has to be an element of fatigue from the Lions - George, Williams, Farrell, Mako.
Kruis is in poorer (than usual) form, Injuries to Billy V and Wigglesworth etc.
Schalk Brits hasn't been that prominent - is he injured too?
Barrett missing some of those key games is crucial - he is the defensive lead in most circumstances.

Its just a combination of factors - but on the plus side there are plenty of guys getting experience.

With regards to Europe - its been a pretty bad performance for most English clubs.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:14 am

Thing to bear in mind is that Clermont have been decimated with injuries as well as Sarries. All 3 of their 10's; Lopez (broken leg), Fernandez ( dislocated patella) and medical joker Luke McAlister (broken hand) are out just now. Thus requiring a fullback, admittedly a former AB, to play at 10. They also had only won a single game away from home before thrashing Saracens last Monday.
However their big summer signing, Rabah Slimani, is making what was an already impressive scrum into probably the best scrummaging unit in Europe. If they can get some of their 10's fit for the K/O stages I think they will be very hard to stop.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:02 am

Losing a 10 is probably not that bad for a French side compared to other nations. Much of the play is from the 9 and often the 10 acts like an extra centre, a position Toeva has played. I thought he played well tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:43 am

Pooly

With many French sides you are right about the 9 being more dominant in terms of decision making than the 10.Clearly Parra is fantastic in this regard but Lopez creates a lot as well with his superb passing and ability to play flat to the gain line. Their back line isn't as threatening without his presence so to be able to defeat Sarries, even an off form version, back to back with a make shift 10 is fairly encouraging for ASM.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2