The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Round 13

+22
mikey_dragon
Rugby Fan
Bathite
Margin_Walker
kingelderfield
yappysnap
jeffwinger
Duty281
nathan
Heaf
doctor_grey
mid_gen
Poorfour
lostinwales
stnick88
Scottrf
propdavid_london
formerly known as Sam
LondonTiger
GeordieFalcon
Sgt_Pooly
englishborn
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Aviva Round 13

Post by englishborn Fri 05 Jan 2018, 12:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Friday
19.45 - Worcester vs Bath (BT Sport)
Worcester looking much harder to beat now and with Bath on 3 losses in a row they have a lot of work to do if they want to win away.

Saturday
15.00 - Leicester vs London Irish
Good news for Leicester is LI do not look like they are going to get many wins in the 2nd half of the season at home or away, so this would be a good time for Leicester to stop the rot.

15.00 - Saints vs Gloucester (BT Sport)
Gloucester riding high and Saints fallen off the horse. Saints have a lot to put right at home and have to do so against a side full of belief.

15.00 - Sale vs Quins
Sale have started to show the tough nut teams have come to expect. Quins will have to make sure their forwards dominate the collision and keep Sale on the back foot if they are to win.

15.00 - Newcastle vs Exeter
Newcastle enjoying 3 wins in a row and at home, however they face a team with 7 wins in a row and are the champs. Newcastle have a lot of work to do if they want to get it to 4 wins.

Sunday
15.00 - Wasps vs Saracens (BT Sport)
Saracens been looking ordinary by their standards but have got 2 wins on the trot, Wasps are at home and enjoying a winning run that only Exeter can look down on, should be a cracker to watch.

englishborn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down


Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 07 Jan 2018, 9:42 pm

Scrum, yet again, is an absolute shambles. I have no idea what our scrum coach does.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34871
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by nathan Sun 07 Jan 2018, 9:49 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Scrum, yet again, is an absolute shambles. I have no idea what our scrum coach does.

Waiting for West to arrive Wink

nathan

Posts : 10952
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Heaf Sun 07 Jan 2018, 9:51 pm

Another try by Chiefs must have got the bum twitching but a pen for Falcons makes it safe again ...

Heaf

Posts : 3982
Join date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 07 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm

Haha....I can't wait!

28-20 FT

A last minute pen to Falcons see Exeter get nothing from the game for the first time this season!

Super happy with that, never seen it coming. Fantastic first half performance and defensive effort in the 2nd.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34871
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Heaf Sun 07 Jan 2018, 9:57 pm

Never in doubt chin Smile

Heaf

Posts : 3982
Join date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by GeordieFalcon Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:05 pm

That ref was the most biased one sided ref I have seen in a long time!!

He tried to get Exeter the points and nearly succeeded!!

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24152
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:09 pm

We got nothing till those 2 turnovers which makes the win even more impressive. Our scrum though......

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34871
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by GeordieFalcon Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:13 pm

Great win Sgt...but by god we literally couldn't work out where he was getting those decisions from

Imagine if we had a scrum!!!

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24152
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by yappysnap Mon 08 Jan 2018, 2:12 am

Well done Falcons!

yappysnap

Posts : 11754
Join date : 2011-06-02
Age : 33
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by kingelderfield Mon 08 Jan 2018, 2:41 am

Reading above Wade did not cost Wasps in defence but attempted the intercept when clearly out numbered.
Yes the forward was poor execution, though his off load for the try was excellent.
Wasps lost because as a team they were outplayed by a better side on the day, that's all.

kingelderfield

Posts : 2325
Join date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:08 am

Is wing Josh Adams any good? Supposedly he's top try scorer in the Aviva. The WRU may come calling soon as they seek to continue bringing these boyo's home.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12674
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by yappysnap Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:23 am

Adams seems a good all rounder from memory. He's been pretty good for a couple of seasons but never managed to be better then pretty good.

I haven't really seen this season though so can't say if he's stepped up.

yappysnap

Posts : 11754
Join date : 2011-06-02
Age : 33
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Bathite Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:45 am

kingelderfield wrote:Reading above Wade did not cost Wasps in defence but attempted the intercept when clearly out numbered.
Yes the forward was poor execution, though his off load for the try was excellent.
Wasps lost because as a team they were outplayed by a better side on the day, that's all.

Yeah that's why they lost, but he jumped far too early on both intercepts, so early that Farrell hadn't even made the pass yet and could pump fake and float over his head. If he had been a little more patient, he would have forced a decision and some hands to continue to overlap

Bathite

Posts : 8468
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:53 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Is wing Josh Adams any good? Supposedly he's top try scorer in the Aviva. The WRU may come calling soon as they seek to continue bringing these boyo's home.

Seems to have kicked on this season. He's good at coming off his wing on clever lines at pace, good acceleration and hard worker. Might have a way to go to be international standard but at the minute he's proving a really good finisher and a menace in that Sam Vesty coached backline. Certainly the 9/10/12 combination of Hougaard, Lance and Mills created a lot of chances for him, Lance's loan has finished though so will be a bit tougher for him now.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 16454
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 34
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:16 pm

Bathite wrote:Wade cost 15 points in the first 18 mins. Flew out the line twice and got a pass floated over his head and then butchered a simple 2on1 with a forward pass!

Certainly at fault for the 1st where he rushed out the line. With these defensive issues you can see why he keeps missing the boat with England, he can just switch off and his height doesn't help in some situations.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34871
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 09 Jan 2018, 2:23 pm

Really quite irate with Marler.

We weren’t helped by our first half defence (dire) or a couple of ref decisions that to my biased eyes were dodgy (the final disallowed try for example), but in the end we played ourselves into a great position in the second half with good attack and probably would have won that if not for the totally fair red card. Idiot.

Quins remain about as consistent as Gloucester last season. The mid table remains very exciting, and able to knock off the top teams (well done Falcons)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by englishborn Tue 09 Jan 2018, 11:20 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Really quite irate with Marler.

We weren’t helped by our first half defence (dire) or a couple of ref decisions that to my biased eyes were dodgy (the final disallowed try for example), but in the end we played ourselves into a great position in the second half with good attack and probably would have won that if not for the totally fair red card. Idiot.

Quins remain about as consistent as Gloucester last season. The mid table remains very exciting, and able to knock off the top teams (well done Falcons)

Don't worry my biased eyes were going the other way.

englishborn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by yappysnap Tue 09 Jan 2018, 11:32 pm

laughing

Very true

That disallowed try though was very fortunate. Could easily have been given on another day. Ho hum, they're the breaks though.

yappysnap

Posts : 11754
Join date : 2011-06-02
Age : 33
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by LondonTiger Wed 10 Jan 2018, 2:55 pm

It may have been missed, but TJ Ioane has been banned for two weeks for striking Marler 5 minutes before the Quin was sent off.

Mention has been made that Marlers action was a form of retaliation and, not wanting to detract from Marler's personal responsibility here as he is the man to blame for his red card, I have some thoughts:

1) Did Marler's team-mates try and calm him down?
2) Did the officials miss the incident that saw Ioane cited and banned?
3) Would Marler have been sent off if action had been taken at the time against Ioane?
4) Would Sale still have won if Ioane was removed from the pitch at 53 minutes?
5) What difference will this make at the end of the season?

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by propdavid_london Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:51 pm

LondonTiger wrote:It may have been missed, but TJ Ioane has been banned for two weeks for striking Marler 5 minutes before the Quin was sent off.

Mention has been made that Marlers action was a form of retaliation and, not wanting to detract from Marler's personal responsibility here as he is the man to blame for his red card, I have some thoughts:

1) Did Marler's team-mates try and calm him down?
2) Did the officials miss the incident that saw Ioane cited and banned?
3) Would Marler have been sent off if action had been taken at the time against Ioane?
4) Would Sale still have won if Ioane was removed from the pitch at 53 minutes?
5) What difference will this make at the end of the season?

Team mates were probably keeping both eyes on Sinkler......forgot that Marler has a tendency to go a bit mental too.

propdavid_london

Posts : 3363
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:09 pm

Must be laugh a minute sharing a pitch with Marler/Sinkler every game, both seem mad as a box of frogs.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34871
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by propdavid_london Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:14 pm

Most frontrowers are a bit edgy....
Some more than others.....Genge looks to be a bit gnarly too.

propdavid_london

Posts : 3363
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by LondonTiger Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:21 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Most frontrowers are a bit edgy....
Some more than others.....Genge looks to be a bit gnarly too.

He is. The key thing for him will be keeping the edge without straying too much into actions that interest the officials.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:00 pm

Marler seems to have gotten sillier again recently. The idiot. But he is also playing well. It’s quite annoying.

On CAW they’d noticed the elbow, which should have been a red, but it’s not one the ref could really have caught tone fair, and doesn’t exonerate Marler one bit
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by doctor_grey Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:04 am

Marler does seem on the road to becoming truly unhinged. Perhaps he is taking Sinkler under his wing and teaching him how to be nuts? When Sinkler starts with the Marler hair styles which remind me of displays in the Natural History Museum, we will know for sure.

doctor_grey

Posts : 9575
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by SecretFly Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:58 am

doctor_grey wrote:Marler does seem on the road to becoming truly unhinged.  Perhaps he is taking Sinkler under his wing and teaching him how to  be nuts?  When Sinkler starts with the Marler hair styles which remind me of displays in the Natural History Museum, we will know for sure.  

laughing

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by lostinwales Thu 11 Jan 2018, 2:45 am

doctor_grey wrote:Marler does seem on the road to becoming truly unhinged.  Perhaps he is taking Sinkler under his wing and teaching him how to  be nuts?  When Sinkler starts with the Marler hair styles which remind me of displays in the Natural History Museum, we will know for sure.  

Take it you mean the Oxford Natural History museum? (or rather the Pitt Rivers museum)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11215
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by GeordieFalcon Thu 11 Jan 2018, 3:01 am

Marler appeared to be bleeding on the side of the head near the ear after an elbow from Ioane ..I think that's what riled him.

As LT said above...if the ref had dealt with that appropriately the whole situation might not have happened..

However Marler was a bit silly doing that right in front of the ref.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24152
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Scottrf Thu 11 Jan 2018, 2:01 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Marler appeared to be bleeding on the side of the head near the ear after an elbow from Ioane ..I think that's what riled him.

As LT said above...if the ref had dealt with that appropriately the whole situation might not have happened..

However Marler was a bit silly doing that right in front of the ref.
Appears that was actually from a contact later on, not from Ioane.

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by yappysnap Thu 11 Jan 2018, 2:14 pm

He did get elbowed in the head, just didn't bleed. Still it did the job and peed him off enough to be an idiot. His psychiatrist must be shaking his head

yappysnap

Posts : 11754
Join date : 2011-06-02
Age : 33
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by bsando Thu 11 Jan 2018, 2:14 pm

http://www.allblacks.com/News/31918/lima-sopoaga-to-leave-new-zealand-rugby

Wasps fans must be excited about this one!!

bsando

Posts : 3474
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 11 Jan 2018, 5:04 pm

bsando wrote:http://www.allblacks.com/News/31918/lima-sopoaga-to-leave-new-zealand-rugby

Wasps fans must be excited about this one!!

Is he replacing the aging and increasingly injured Gopperth or Cipriani because he's going to France?

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 16454
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 34
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by kingelderfield Fri 12 Jan 2018, 2:29 am

Oh Danny boy the euro's, the euro's are calling.....
All things come to pass and all that....the one that got away....He'll probably go and win the Euro millions Cup now with Jonny at his side guruing him along.

kingelderfield

Posts : 2325
Join date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Taylorman Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:36 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
bsando wrote:http://www.allblacks.com/News/31918/lima-sopoaga-to-leave-new-zealand-rugby

Wasps fans must be excited about this one!!

Is he replacing the aging and increasingly injured Gopperth or Cipriani because he's going to France?

Be interesting seeing how his goal kicking compares with the local sides, as hes easily our best.

Taylorman

Posts : 12275
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by doctor_grey Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:25 am


lostinwales wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:Marler does seem on the road to becoming truly unhinged.  Perhaps he is taking Sinkler under his wing and teaching him how to  be nuts?  When Sinkler starts with the Marler hair styles which remind me of displays in the Natural History Museum, we will know for sure.  

Take it you mean the Oxford Natural History museum? (or rather the Pitt Rivers museum)
Works for me.  Pitt Rivers???  Of course...........

doctor_grey

Posts : 9575
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Aviva Round 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Round 13

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum