The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+22
I'm never wrong
navyblueshorts
westisbest
raycastleunited
pedro
NedB-H
McLaren
wiretapper
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
super_realist
Davie
dynamark
JAS
1GrumpyGolfer
Mad for Chelsea
Plunky
Hibbz
puligny
SmithersJones
Shotrock
BlueCoverman
26 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 07 Jan 2018, 12:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Stoke have spent 10 years in the premier league, they are bottom 3 and dumped out the cup by coventry. The perspy is that they are an established prem team, hughes has them shipping goals, not scoring and being certainties for relegation. They have spent big money on wimmer who has struggled, imbula who is out on loan and berahino who cant score, bojan is well paid and on the bench for alaves. Stoke fans have perspective, hughes had no clues. Surprised he stayed this long.

My family are potters!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue 06 Feb 2018, 6:42 pm

If Harry Kane had stayed on the ground he would have been caught by the keeper, he dived over him. Reckless pkay by the keeper is a foul. Doesn't have to be contact. Penalty.

Though thats the thing with football its all about opinions.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue 06 Feb 2018, 6:51 pm

Di vicenzo, zoeller, lyle,

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 06 Feb 2018, 6:54 pm

Olazabal, Moody, Janzen, Sarazen, Schwartzel, Oosthuizen,

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 06 Feb 2018, 7:27 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:Harry Kanes was a penalty all day of the week, happens everytime, like the watford one last night. As soon as the goalie doesnt get the ball its a pen. And from what I read he eas onside as soon as loveran ballsed up jis attempt to clear it.  

The lamela one, looks a bit suspect in slow mo, but looked like a pen at the time.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3373176/was-harry-kane-offside-should-tottenham-have-had-two-penalties-at-liverpool?src=com
Re. Kane. Nonsense and sums up so much of what's wrong with pro football. There's quite a difference from the keeper not getting the ball and actually bringing the man down. Kane dived and should have been booked. No ifs, no buts.

I'm with Ben on this one. Also, I think the whole divers are cheats thing is overstated. Sure, you see the occasional dive, but pretty much every corner defenders are literally draped around attackers or yanking at their shirts. Nobody ever calls that disgusting cheating. What's the difference? Absolutely zero as far as I can see, both players attempting to seek an advantage by cheating. Certainly can't se why diving is deemed to be worse than a deliberate fouls to break up an attack. And that gets praised as taking one for the team!

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:41 pm

Anyone hete watch Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, been watching on netflix, never knew much about it before. Its very funny.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 06 Feb 2018, 11:36 pm

Digs, the rules say that deliberate fouls to break up an attackshould give yellow, or red if you rob them of a chance at goal. Pulling shirts and diving must give yellow. Rules are ok, they’re just not enforced. But that’s not the same as saying it’s ok to cheat. Let’s bring in more VARs, at least to test it further. Current situation is unacceptable.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:09 am

I would say with both Tottenham penalties that each Spur made more than a meal of their incidents but neither would be overturned by anyone VAR'ing. (Unless Lovren's touch was deemed inadvertent and Kane was ruled offside.)
Personally I thought that was very, very soft - would Kane have gone head first if he was out by the touchline? B0ll0cks - he'd've fought to stay upright and get to the ball like he always does. Except in the area.
Also thought Clark was unlucky - six of one as far as I could see. Unlike Shelvey later which was pretty blatant and not given.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 07 Feb 2018, 3:11 am

PS: Think the Prem would be beyond daft to take a mid-season break.
Lots of other/better ways to lighten the best players workload.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 07 Feb 2018, 7:01 am

I'm not overly bothered about players diving, uts been going on for so long now its become part of the game. But for a foul to be commited you dont necessarily need contact. If someone flies in two footed no wbere near the ball and the player dives over the tackle its still reckless play and a foul, same wwith a goalie flying to ground to get the ball, if he doesn't get it, and would have caught the player, its a foul.

Var is needed, but wont stop contentious decisions, but the lamela pen would have been overturned due to the offside, but its so minor you cant blame tge lino for not seeeing it. The first one would have stood. The current offside laws state kane was onside, it was a deliberate attempt to play the ball by loveren he just buggered it up. Constant tweaking of the offside law has confused everyone.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 07 Feb 2018, 7:25 am

pedro wrote:Digs, the rules say that deliberate fouls to break up an attackshould give yellow, or red if you rob them of a chance at goal. Pulling shirts and diving must give yellow. Rules are ok, they’re just not enforced. But that’s not the same as saying it’s ok to cheat. Let’s bring in more VARs, at least to test it further. Current situation is unacceptable.

Indeed, I'm not saying it's OK to cheat. What I'm saying is I don't differentiate between the type of cheating in terms of how a player is seen. Shirt puller, simulator- all the same to me. And there's way more shirt pulling than there is diving.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:17 am

beninho wrote:If Harry Kane had stayed on the ground he would have been caught by the keeper, he dived over him. Reckless pkay by the keeper is a foul. Doesn't have to be contact. Penalty.

Oh, come on! Football is a wonderful game full of absurd skill, but it's it is utterly ruined by this sort of thinking and players that, essentially, cheat. Kane dived. If, as you directly imply, there was no contact, he dived by definition. Is that what you really want? Karius went for the ball as any keeper would and Kane actually ensures the utterly minimal contact by hanging his foot out, prior to flopping on the floor like a wet haddock:

Spoiler:

Karius was neither reckless or dangerous. Kane should be ashamed, but won't be as this behaviour is endemic. He should get a retrospective card, but won't. Managers make it even worse by being some of the worst hypocrites on the planet - moaning when one goes against them, but "didn't see it" when it's in their favour. VAR can't come soon enough, especially if it can be used to penalise cheats.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:23 am

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:Harry Kanes was a penalty all day of the week, happens everytime, like the watford one last night. As soon as the goalie doesnt get the ball its a pen. And from what I read he eas onside as soon as loveran ballsed up jis attempt to clear it.  

The lamela one, looks a bit suspect in slow mo, but looked like a pen at the time.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3373176/was-harry-kane-offside-should-tottenham-have-had-two-penalties-at-liverpool?src=com
Re. Kane. Nonsense and sums up so much of what's wrong with pro football. There's quite a difference from the keeper not getting the ball and actually bringing the man down. Kane dived and should have been booked. No ifs, no buts.

I'm with Ben on this one. Also, I think the whole divers are cheats thing is overstated. Sure, you see the occasional dive, but pretty much every corner defenders are literally draped around attackers or yanking at their shirts. Nobody ever calls that disgusting cheating. What's the difference? Absolutely zero as far as I can see, both players attempting to seek an advantage by cheating. Certainly can't se why diving is deemed to be worse than a deliberate fouls to break up an attack. And that gets praised as taking one for the team!
Shirt tugging isn't part of the conversation here, but for the record, yes, it's cheating. They should have more officials and have them chuck yellow flags on at corners when they see an offence a la NFL. Nothing like that would ever happen though. People would rather 'preserve the game' and spend the whole week following a match arguing about poor decisions and cheats. Bit like this... Smile

'Taking one for the team' gets a card and a free kick the other way though! They almost never get away with it.

The thing that gets my goat is the lack of honesty from players such as Kane, who cheat and then won't admit it. Why not? As you suggest, it's down to the officials etc to spot and penalise the fouls. Pathetic and mealy-mouthed.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:28 am

Diggers wrote:
pedro wrote:Digs, the rules say that deliberate fouls to break up an attackshould give yellow, or red if you rob them of a chance at goal. Pulling shirts and diving must give yellow. Rules are ok, they’re just not enforced. But that’s not the same as saying it’s ok to cheat. Let’s bring in more VARs, at least to test it further. Current situation is unacceptable.

Indeed, I'm not saying it's OK to cheat. What I'm saying is I don't differentiate between the type of cheating in terms of how a player is seen. Shirt puller, simulator- all the same to me. And there's way more shirt pulling than there is diving.
It's the faking aspect of it Digs. Shirt-pulling is 'cheating', but it isn't trying to con anyone except insofar as players sometimes try to hide it. Diving and feigning injury (another utterly disgusting habit in football) is worse, IMO. Then again, anyone who spits is pilloried whereas the killer two-footed tackler gets a lesser sanction. What can one expect from a sport that has its wires crossed like that?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:32 am

Trivia answers coming later, but if I remember correctly unless you said Mcilroy or Furyk you get the jackpot.

On another note it is unsurprising but sad that Tarantino is such a knobend. (listen to longer second audio clip to get a full picture of just how much of an ass he is)

https://jezebel.com/heres-audio-of-quentin-tarantino-defending-roman-polans-1822745916
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 07 Feb 2018, 12:50 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:If Harry Kane had stayed on the ground he would have been caught by the keeper, he dived over him. Reckless pkay by the keeper is a foul. Doesn't have to be contact. Penalty.

Oh, come on! Football is a wonderful game full of absurd skill, but it's it is utterly ruined by this sort of thinking and players that, essentially, cheat. Kane dived. If, as you directly imply, there was no contact, he dived by definition. Is that what you really want? Karius went for the ball as any keeper would and Kane actually ensures the utterly minimal contact by hanging his foot out, prior to flopping on the floor like a wet haddock:

Spoiler:

Karius was neither reckless or dangerous. Kane should be ashamed, but won't be as this behaviour is endemic. He should get a retrospective card, but won't. Managers make it even worse by being some of the worst hypocrites on the planet - moaning when one goes against them, but "didn't see it" when it's in their favour. VAR can't come soon enough, especially if it can be used to penalise cheats.

Unlike you, I am not bothered about diving, I have grown used to it over the years. But I don't class the Kane "dive" the same as some others. He dived over the keeper who would have taken him out otherwise. The keeper came flying out and was nowhere near the ball. Its a clear foul.

VAR would not have overturned that penalty.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 07 Feb 2018, 1:21 pm

The least controversial point about the Kane "dive" is how terrible the goalkeeper was. Penalty or not it is no surprise to see a Liverpool keeper flapping at a situation.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

McLaren wrote:Trivia answers coming later, but if I remember correctly unless you said Mcilroy or Furyk you get the jackpot.

Didn't Lyle also score points?

In the Tennis category I was surprised that Sanchez-Vicarrio scored points.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 07 Feb 2018, 1:33 pm

There’s a difference between diving to invent a foul when there was none there, and exaggeration to make a foul that was committed more obvious. The Kane one was a clear foul by Karius, he went for the ball, missed it and obstructed Kane’s run. If Kane stays on his feet the chance has likely gone, as a result of the foul. So he has to make the foul clear to the officials. Remember the incident last year with Sterling staying on his feet when pulled back by Walker? Unless the fouls get given anyway, this sort of thing will continue to happen.

The Alli one is a genuine dive, worthy of a yellow card, because there was no foul committed. The defender does nothing wrong and Alli goes to ground to try to invent a foul that isn’t there.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:14 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Spoiler:

Unlike you, I am not bothered about diving, I have grown used to it over the years. But I don't class the Kane "dive" the same as some others. He dived over the keeper who would have taken him out otherwise. The keeper  came flying out and was nowhere near the ball. Its a clear foul.

VAR would not have overturned that penalty.
If you say so. He dived. It stinks. The fact you aren't bothered about it is instructive don't you think?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:15 pm

McLaren wrote:The least controversial point about the Kane "dive" is how terrible the goalkeeper was.  Penalty or not it is no surprise to see a Liverpool keeper flapping at a situation.  
Yeah, right. As if other goal keepers would be oh so different in the same circumstance. Stop letting your obvious prejudices get in the way of talking any sense OK.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:24 pm

NedB-H wrote:There’s a difference between diving to invent a foul when there was none there, and exaggeration to make a foul that was committed more obvious. The Kane one was a clear foul by Karius, he went for the ball, missed it and obstructed Kane’s run. If Kane stays on his feet the chance has likely gone, as a result of the foul. So he has to make the foul clear to the officials. Remember the incident last year with Sterling staying on his feet when pulled back by Walker? Unless the fouls get given anyway, this sort of thing will continue to happen.

The Alli one is a genuine dive, worthy of a yellow card, because there was no foul committed. The defender does nothing wrong and Alli goes to ground to try to invent a foul that isn’t there.
OK, some sense even if I don't accept Kane was fouled. Still, how is that really different from the defender obstructing the forward in order to let a ball run out for a goal kick? As for making it clear to the officials - VAR perchance? There's no 'right' in 'having to go down' so the officials see it. Part of me wonders if they're ever embarrassed, but they don't even see there's any issue so they no doubt they never are.

There's a slight difference (in my view) in faking a foul cf. enhancing the effect of one. Both are reprehensible.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

For me there’s a world of difference between exaggerating a foul and faking one. The first one is playing the rules to ensure they work in your favour - gamesmanship. The second is deliberately breaking the rules to con the officials - cheating.

The problem with calling for VAR is that most football decisions are a matter of opinion. This being a perfect example, I think it was a foul on Kane, you don’t. Fair enough. There’s arguments either way, it’s down to interpretation, and VAR can’t help that. We probably all shout at the TV every week when Shearer et al call something a clear penalty when we don’t think it is, or vice versa. Personally I wouldn’t use VAR for anything more than goalline technology.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 07 Feb 2018, 5:15 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
NedB-H wrote:There’s a difference between diving to invent a foul when there was none there, and exaggeration to make a foul that was committed more obvious. The Kane one was a clear foul by Karius, he went for the ball, missed it and obstructed Kane’s run. If Kane stays on his feet the chance has likely gone, as a result of the foul. So he has to make the foul clear to the officials. Remember the incident last year with Sterling staying on his feet when pulled back by Walker? Unless the fouls get given anyway, this sort of thing will continue to happen.

OK, some sense even if I don't accept Kane was fouled. Still, how is that really different from the defender obstructing the forward in order to let a ball run out for a goal kick? As for making it clear to the officials - VAR perchance? There's no 'right' in 'having to go down' so the officials see it. Part of me wonders if they're ever embarrassed, but they don't even see there's any issue so they no doubt they never are.

There's a slight difference (in my view) in faking a foul cf. enhancing the effect of one. Both are reprehensible.

One of the most annoying things in sport that, just like there never being a straight put in in Rugby scrums or the stupid lineouts.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 07 Feb 2018, 6:30 pm

Just checked and the only answers that scored points were Rory, Fuzzy, Furyk, Lyle, Player and Mize. Anyone else and you win the jackpot.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 07 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm

The obstructing to let the ball run out doesn't really break any of the laws, in the way it's usually done anyway. Though sometimes its pushed to tbe extreme.

I think we football the laws and interpretations are updated so often, most fans aren't sure whats what anymore.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 07 Feb 2018, 6:58 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:

It's the faking aspect of it Digs. Shirt-pulling is 'cheating', but it isn't trying to con anyone except insofar as players sometimes try to hide it. Diving and feigning injury (another utterly disgusting habit in football) is worse, IMO. Then again, anyone who spits is pilloried whereas the killer two-footed tackler gets a lesser sanction. What can one expect from a sport that has its wires crossed like that?

To me it's just a premeditated gaining of an advantage, maybe it's me but I don't see diving as any worse than any other foul. The keeper was clearly trying to take Kane out to stop a goal attempt, the fact he (possibly) missed didn't alter that, its a pen all day long. So is the Lamala one, it's a clear kick at an opponent in the box, penalty. In respect to the tackling, that is being dealt with far more harshly than ever before. Bad tackles stand out because there are simply so few tackles made these days

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:26 am

beninho wrote:The obstructing to let the ball run out doesn't really break any of the laws, in the way it's usually done anyway. Though sometimes its pushed to tbe extreme.

I think we football the laws and interpretations are updated so often, most fans aren't sure whats what anymore.
If the defender is in control of the ball, or it’s a free ball, there’s no foul. If the forward is in control, it’s a foul - it’s called obstruction.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:40 am

McLaren wrote:Just checked and the only answers that scored points were Rory, Fuzzy, Furyk, Lyle, Player and Mize.  Anyone else and you win the jackpot.

Can't believe Y.E. Yang would have been pointless. That was my first thought and I discounted it because it seemed such an obvious answer.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:27 am

NedB-H wrote:For me there’s a world of difference between exaggerating a foul and faking one. The first one is playing the rules to ensure they work in your favour - gamesmanship. The second is deliberately breaking the rules to con the officials - cheating.

The problem with calling for VAR is that most football decisions are a matter of opinion. This being a perfect example, I think it was a foul on Kane, you don’t. Fair enough. There’s arguments either way, it’s down to interpretation, and VAR can’t help that. We probably all shout at the TV every week when Shearer et al call something a clear penalty when we don’t think it is, or vice versa. Personally I wouldn’t use VAR for anything more than goalline technology.
Fair comment OK. If they don't use VAR, can someone please tell the Managers and players to STFU???
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:29 am

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:

To me it's just a premeditated gaining of an advantage, maybe it's me but I don't see diving as any worse than any other foul. The keeper was clearly trying to take Kane out to stop a goal attempt, the fact he (possibly) missed didn't alter that, its a pen all day long. So is the Lamala one, it's a clear kick at an opponent in the box, penalty. In respect to the tackling, that is being dealt with far more harshly than ever before. Bad tackles stand out because there are simply so few tackles made these days
I was OK until I read the highlighted bit. I think you need to have a re-think....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:39 am

pedro wrote:
beninho wrote:The obstructing to let the ball run out doesn't really break any of the laws, in the way it's usually done anyway. Though sometimes its pushed to tbe extreme.

If the defender is in control of the ball, or it’s a free ball, there’s no foul. If the forward is in control, it’s a foul - it’s called obstruction.

IMPEDING THE PROGRESS OF AN OPPONENT WITHOUT CONTACT

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

A player may shield the ball by taking a position between an opponent and the ball if the ball is within playing distance and the opponent is not held off with the arms or body. If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.

So shielding the ball out of play be it a defender or forward is not a foul, yet people still get riled about it. The rules have changed, no law about obstruction anymore. It sometimes is pushed to the extreme though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:17 pm

Ben, So you actually bothered to check the actual rules? Very Happy
Didn't think we did that around here... laughing

Maybe you could check when a penalty should be awarded? There must (should!) be a special segment relating to what the goalie can / can't?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:32 pm

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
charges
jumps at
kicks or attempts to kick
pushes
strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
tackles or challenges
trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
holds an opponent
impedes an opponent with contact
spits at an opponent

These are offences for a direct free kick.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:49 pm

There appears to be nothing specifically regarding the GK, except hand ball.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:55 pm

Cheers ben, I think there should/ought be something about the GK since he’s the only player allowed to use hands.

Re the Kane dive:
“If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.”
I guess there’s no pen then? You can hardly describe the GKs action as reckless or covered by any of the other offences?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:20 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
OK, some sense even if I don't accept Kane was fouled. Still, how is that really different from the defender obstructing the forward in order to let a ball run out for a goal kick? .

Defender obstructing a forward is not allowed - it's called obstruction and its an indirect free kick. If you have control of the ball then you are allowed to shield the ball from an opponent, that's not obstruction, it happens all over the pitch all the time.

Control of the ball is now defined as the ball is within playing distance. I don't even need to read the rules to type this (this is a forum - I'm not going to research my facts!), I can remember learning it from Gazza's soccer skills when I was a kid.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 08 Feb 2018, 2:12 pm

[quote="raycastleunited"]
navyblueshorts wrote:
I can remember learning it from Gazza's soccer skills when I was a kid.
Did you learn any other of Gazza's skills, on or off pitch?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 08 Feb 2018, 4:39 pm

Just the beer skills and swivel hips. I skipped the domestic abuse and reckless tackling

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm

Anyone ever played the game "The Golf Club"" or the its 2nd installment? Would you recommend it?

I don't really want it for playing rounds of golf but for £15 I fancy having a shot with the course design tool.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 11 Feb 2018, 7:15 am

McLaren wrote:Anyone ever played the game "The Golf Club"" or the its 2nd installment? Would you recommend it?

I don't really want it for playing rounds of golf but for £15 I fancy having a shot with the [course design tool.

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

It's 15 quid tightarse. Just pay it, and if it's no good you've only lost 15 quid

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 11 Feb 2018, 4:11 pm

If Shelvey had half a brain he'd play like that every week. Where has that Newcassel performance been all season?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 11 Feb 2018, 5:48 pm

Only four more home games for Saints after this afternoon, incl Man City & Chelsea (I know); half an hour to rescue the season.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:08 pm

Anyone had a go at an Urban Golf (or equivalent). At a loose end in London on Friday so popped in to the one in Soho for an hour (there may have been better things to do round there...). Twenty quid for an hour wasn't bad value for central London for an hour - food and a pint would likely have been more!

Played (?!?) Pebble Beach and the first 3 of TOC. Shot 105ish round pebble (one birdie 2/3 pars the rest horrendous) then was level through 3 at TOC (bird, bogey and par). (If I'd played 72 I reckon I'd have shot 256 Wink ).

Real struggle for all clubs and "touch" shots were very tricky and it's very odd putting on a flat mat to a screen. But I reckon with another hour I'd have been improving. Standard clubs were a mismatch of horrible TM and Callaway pig iron (excuses, excuses) but enjoyed it to get a bit of a swing and game in where otherwise I'd have missed out entirely for a week.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:38 pm

Hey Roller,

I've been to urban golf several times, both soho and farringdon. It's a good laugh, a fun thing to do as an after work team social etc. I equate it with going bowling or flight club or bounce.

If you take it seriously it's rubbish. Short game and putting are a waste of time. If you were playing TOC and tried knock down shots etc it doesn't work properly.

I can think of better ways to spend an hour or two in soho. Ahem. For a start jump on the central line to White City and spend your £20 in the QPR club shop.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed 14 Feb 2018, 3:55 pm

raycastleunited wrote:I can think of better ways to spend an hour or two in soho. Ahem. For a start jump on the central line to White City and spend your £20 in the QPR club shop.

Either way you're spending it on a load of tits! Wink

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:49 pm

Laugh Laugh

100% true

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 15 Feb 2018, 8:52 am

I did think about going to the club shop Ray. But spending £20 there would have bought me the back 4, and frankly I had nowhere to put them!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Feb 2018, 8:58 am

Will 5 british teams make it to the last 8 of the champs league, you would expect manu to beat sevilla, chelsea could get past barca though would not be favourites.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

It's very possible that all 4 semi-finalists could be English clubs.

Don't think that would be good for the Champions league

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 15 Feb 2018, 9:06 pm

If just those high school students had brought their guns with them...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next