The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Expanse

3 posters

Go down

The Expanse Empty The Expanse

Post by lostinwales Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 18:48

Netflix series - 2 seasons out and a third on the way

I have just been getting into this in a major way. You have to give it a chance because I don't think the first couple of episodes are that great, and as ever some episodes are better than others. But overall it is really good, and complicated in a good way. It looks stunning too.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

The Expanse Empty Re: The Expanse

Post by compelling and rich Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 8:41

in second season of this, found it ok but doesn't always grip me. some of the acting can be terrible. cant stand the belters accent. weird that there all south African in space.

speaking of accents shohreh aghdashloo annoys me in everything shes been in.

big sci fi fan, but struggle at times with this. although it is better than the new star trek

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 9:35

I've been watching this on Netflix and must agree with lostinwales it is a damn good sci fi show.

Some of the acting is a bit meh but that is almost a given for the genre. The look is indeed excellent (I guess all the things you can do these days with effects make it easier ...wouldn't the producers of those 1950s efforts - which I can actually just about remember ! - have given plenty to access these capabilities !

I don't mind the South African accents (and the odd NZ) - like the peculiar dialect it all helps to set a sense of a different world out in the asteroid belt . Which if they've been out there for a hundred years as a separate society makes sense.

Nearly finished series two. Glad to hear a third is set up ...but a little concerned that I'm hearing further production might be imperiled by low ratings.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 17:28

any of you tried altered carbon? proper sci fi series that

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 1 Mar 2018 - 9:23

compelling and rich wrote:any of you tried altered carbon? proper sci fi series that

Not yet . But I'll look it up...thanks for the tip.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 15:58

compelling and rich wrote:any of you tried altered carbon? proper sci fi series that

Yes I did that. Overall enjoyed it but didn't really get all of what was going on until very late on in the series. Some of the basic ideas don't really work but that is not what you watch it for. And it is spectacular to look at (cliche ninja scene and all)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 11:26

Watching Altered Carbon now. Great - if extremely violent ! - show. Certainly not easy to take it all in and I am thinking of rewatching the first couple of episodes before I go on to finish . (I am now at episode seven) . But thoroughly engrossing.

Thanks again , Compelling thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 19:25

no worries alfie, im glad your enjoying it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down