The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

+78
David-Douglas
Poorfour
trebellbobaggins
stub
Heaf
WELL-PAST-IT
whocares
majesticimperialman
Rugby Fan
greenandpleasantland
Duty281
Shifty
21st Century Schizoid Man
overlordofthewest
RossAnderson
funnyExiledScot
Steffan
Geordie
nickj
beshocked
GLove39
lostinwales
TrailApe
EST
mid_gen
Tramptastic
Noble-Surfer
BlueNote
BamBam
cakeordeath
Eejit
Gwlad
ebop
alive555
chris_501
reallybored
ChequeredJersey
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sensisball
Cardiff Dave
No9
No 7&1/2
RiscaGame
RuggerRadge2611
emack2
NeilyBroon
mikey_dragon
Cyril
BigGee
jimbopip
bsando
highland_scot
Luckless Pedestrian
IanBru
tigertattie
Sgt_Pooly
yappysnap
carpet baboon
maestegmafia
Hazel Sapling
LordDowlais
monty junior
Mad for Chelsea
TightHEAD
R!skysports
RDW
des
munkian
compelling and rich
EWT Spoons
cascough
SecretFly
eirebilly
LondonTiger
TJ
Scottrf
George Carlin
82 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Empty 6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

Post by George Carlin Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Wales_106N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Scot_f10

WALES v SCOTLAND
3 February 2018
KO: 14:15 GMT
Principality Stadium, Cardiff

Live on [ITV, RTE, SC4, FR2, DMAX / BBC (H)]

Referee: Pascal Gaüzère (France)
Assistant 1: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant 2: Matthew Carley (England)
TMO: David Grashoff (England)

A. Head to Head

122 Played 122
70 Won 49
3 Drawn 3
49 Lost 70
1,624 Points 1,263

B. Recent Form

9 March 2013
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
18–28 to Wales

15 March 2014
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
51–3 to Wales

15 February 2015
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
23–26 to Wales

13 February 2016
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
27–23 to Wales

25 February 2017
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
29–13 to Scotland

C. Teams

WALES 
6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Welsh_10
Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets); Josh Adams (Worcester), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Steff Evans (Scarlets); Rhys Patchell (Scarlets), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Cory Hill (Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, capt), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Bradley Davies (Ospreys), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Aled Davies (Scarlets), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Owen Watkin (Ospreys).

SCOTLAND
6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Scotty10
Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors); Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors), Chris Harris (Newcastle Falcons), Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors), Byron McGuigan (Sale Sharks); Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors), Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors); Gordon Reid (London Irish), Stuart McInally (Edinburgh), Jon Welsh (Newcastle Falcons), Ben Toolis (Edinburgh), Jonny Gray, John Barclay (Scarlets, captain), Hamish Watson (Edinburgh), Cornell du Preez (Edinburgh).

Replacements: Scott Lawson (Newcastle Falcons), Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors), Murray McCallum (Edinburgh), Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh), Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors), Greig Laidlaw (Clermont Auvergne), Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Maitland (Saracens).

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:43 am; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Empty Re: 6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

Post by cakeordeath Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Hate to be that guy. But I don't see us beating anyone but Italy (hope I am wrong). We have some many front row injuries we get mullered in the scrum and we still can't defend mauls.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Empty Re: 6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Strange, you lot were saying that Richie Gray should have been a Lion a few months ago, instead of AWJ. Now all of a sudden he is not much of a loss. Oh well. Rolling Eyes

That was Jonny Gray thumbsup

I think you will find that they were both touted as potential better choices, until it was pointed out that they were both injured. thumbsup

You have quite a selective memory! The Grays played together in all but the last 6N game last season, so were rightfully part of the Lions discussion at the time. Jonny played in the summer tour for Scotland, so wasn't injured. Richie was injured with a back problem so missed the tour.

Regardless of Lions debates, it is conceivable for things to change in International rugby in the space of a year for teams - since last 6N Toolis has shown he has what it takes to play at international level, and GIlchrist has regained his form and also shown he is a genuine option at international level.

If all were fit and on form I'd have both Grays starting but given the form of the Edinburgh pair it isn't a huge blow to lose him.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Eejit wrote:Slightly off topic but I am so bloody excited now, I’m like a kid at Christmas. This is going to be a long week.

If January was dry (it wasn’t) February is going to be very moist indeed.

???  Are you getting married?  What's on?

As you will know this Saturday marks the day in 1451 when Mehmed II inherited the throne of the Ottoman Empire. A proper cause for celebration I’m sure you’ll agree.

Also there might be some rugby on somewhere I think.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Strange, you lot were saying that Richie Gray should have been a Lion a few months ago, instead of AWJ. Now all of a sudden he is not much of a loss. Oh well. Rolling Eyes

That was Jonny Gray thumbsup

I think you will find that they were both touted as potential better choices, until it was pointed out that they were both injured. thumbsup

Well, they were both better options than AWJ, as were others

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Yeah it's so true - this is absolutely the longest week of the year. I'm taking Hagia Sophia to the Nutcracker on Friday night, and then it's rugby rugby rugby for the rest of the weekend.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm

This place is a hoot, it really is.

We have Scots on here all man sausage-a-hoop saying that they should beat Wales and will be very disappointed if they don't, more or less just writing Wales off, then we have English members coming on here calling the Welsh members trolls, I am almost to worried to type a re-post just in case I get accused of something, yet it is all the fault of the Welsh members.

Only on V2. No wonder there are not many Welsh left on here. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:35 pm

You have read Gwlad's posts, haven't you Dowlais?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Yes, but he does not represent all of us, also, what is he saying, that is different to what the Scottish members are saying ?

I cannot see any difference.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:This place is a hoot, it really is.

We have Scots on here all man sausage-a-hoop saying that they should beat Wales and will be very disappointed if they don't, more or less just writing Wales off, then we have English members coming on here calling the Welsh members trolls, I am almost to worried to type a re-post just in case I get accused of something, yet it is all the fault of the Welsh members.

Only on V2. No wonder there are not many Welsh left on here. Rolling Eyes

You are surprised to see Scots with a bit of swagger considering we have won far more test matches in the last 18 months compared to Wales? I'm not sure why you think this is odd.

History is on the side of Wales but not much else.

Scotland are the more settled side with fewer injuries, granted our Front row has been decimated but Wales are missing arguably their best player (Faletau) and their first choice half backs and the Lions player of the series.

I could understand the panic if we relied on our Scrum, but Scotland's threat lies in counter attacking and multiphase attacking. We seldom score from first phase (despite our maul being very strong in the AIs) so losing our front row isn't as disasterous as some might think. It will no doubt give Wales a very handy platform considering Evans, Lee and Owens are brilliant.

However as I've said Scotland appear to have parity in the back 5 and will have a huge advantage from 9 to 15. Our try strike rate speaks for itself, as for Wales' try strike rate... picard Suffice to say the Scarlets are scoring tries but we all know that test match intensity is quite differant from the pro14 or European intensity.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Some Scotland fans have said they fancy their chances. Not one has said they're certain to win. Whereas:

Gwlad wrote:I dont think there is any doubt that Wales will win at home.... We've been putting them away for years and will continue to do so this year.... Scots can't win in Cardiff.

You can see the difference, can't you?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Some Scotland fans have said they fancy their chances. Not one has said they're certain to win. Whereas:

Gwlad wrote:I dont think there is any doubt that Wales will win at home.... We've been putting them away for years and will continue to do so this year.... Scots can't win in Cardiff.

No. Read some of the comments that our Scottish members have put on here. They are very similar to that. In fact some are worse.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:However as I've said Scotland appear to have parity in the back 5 and will have a huge advantage from 9 to 15

Really, you honestly think this ? A huge advantage in the backs ?

This is a probable Welsh back line:-

Gareth Davies
???????? Could be one of Patchell, Williams or Anscombe
Scott Williams
Hadleigh Parkes
George North, if he is not injured
Steff Evans
Leigh Halfpenny

I'm sorry, but outside half aside, I do not see where Scotland have a huge advantage.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Scotland have been brilliant in the last 18 months through their backs while the Welsh have stuttered and shown a lack of cutting edge, bar flashes.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Surely Scotland are favourites for this one. At full strength it would be nip and tuck, with Wales balancing home advantage against our notorious slow start to any tournament. But Wales' injuries are pretty devastating - Liam Williams, Webb, Faletau, Warburton, JD2, Biggar by themselves take out most of our star quality (5 test Lions), then there's Jake Ball and Priestland, and others who may be available haven't been playing, like Moriarty, George North, Steff Evans. It will be a very makeshift team and Gatland will compound it by playing 'safe' and going to his tried and tested - Halfpenny at FB, Anscombe, Cuthbert, North even if off-form/unfit. We'd struggle against anyone, let alone an in-form and confident Scotland. We don't have the pack to out-muscle them in the way England might.

Will trog along as ever, but more in hope than expectation.

It's hard to pick a Welsh team, except that I guess the front 5 picks itself and obviously Gareth Davies will be at 9. I'd be tempted to throw caution to the wind, think of Wales v NZ 2003, and try:

Rob Evans, Owens, Lee, Brad Davies, AWJ, Shingler, Tips, Moriarty, Gareth Davies, Owen Williams, Owen Watkin, Scott Williams, Josh Adams, 1/2p, Rhys Patchell
bench: Wyn Jones, Elliott Dee, Francis, Seb Davies, Navidi, Aled Davies, Anscombe, Parkes

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Some Scotland fans have said they fancy their chances. Not one has said they're certain to win. Whereas:

No. Read some of the comments that our Scottish members have put on here. They are very similar to that. In fact some are worse.

No they're not, and no they're not.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:However as I've said Scotland appear to have parity in the back 5 and will have a huge advantage from 9 to 15

Gareth Davies
Scott Williams
Hadleigh Parkes
Steff Evans
Leigh Halfpenny

I'm sorry, but outside half aside, I do not see where Scotland have a huge advantage.

Really?

Well let's start with the back 3 - the likely Scotland back 3 of Seymour-Maitland-Hogg are experienced internationals and Lions tourists, and have been running riot for Scotland of late, scoring key tries. North isn't fit, 1/2P is solid and unspectacular and for all of Evans' potential he's fairly unproven at international level.

Then there's Finn Russell, an established international 10 who has been a pivotal player in some of Scotland's key victories over the last few years, and is held in such high regard that Racing are paying a bucketload of cash to sign him.

The word huge is perhaps OTT, but it doesn't take much of an argument to say that Scotland have the more potent backline

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Ah, was forgetting Amos, I'd have him in over 1/2p on the wing if he's genuinely fit.

"it doesn't take much of an argument to say that Scotland have the more potent backline" - I agree with that, given the injury situation.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 pm

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Trollyoday
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm

I see the Western Mail is predicting:

L. Halfpenny; G. North, S. Williams, H. Parkes, H. Amos; R. Patchell, G. Davies; R. Evans, K. Owens, S. Lee, B. Davies, A. W. Jones (capt), A. Shingler, J. Navidi, J. Tipuric. Reps: S. Baldwin, W. Jones, T. Francis, C. Hill, R. Moriarty, A. Davies, O. Williams, J. Adams.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Gareth Davies
Scott Williams
Hadleigh Parkes
Steff Evans
Leigh Halfpenny

It's really very simple mate, here is a fantastic link that explains.

https://twitter.com/SimonGleave/status/937613458811613184

"2 points per entry into the opposition 22 is a very poor return but typical of Wales this autumn."

contrast that with:

https://twitter.com/SimonGleave/status/934479994264449027

"The 22 entries for Scotland's amazing 53-24 win against Australia. Basically, Scotland scored (usually a try) EVERY time they entered the Wallabies' 22.

Over the last 2 weeks, the Scots have been in the #AllBlacks and #Wallabies 22 on 19 occasions. Be scared"

Now, that Simon Gleave is a great stat collector, and English with no axe to grind. He's basically saying that your attack is really blunt, and has been for some time. Even in the partisan Scrum V they are bemoaning Wales' ability to score tries.

Now the Scarlets are scoring tries, and playing some great rugby, but can that translate to international level? That is a question that can't be answered without speculation. However Scotland have done it against some of the best teams in the world, including being only the 2nd NH team to put 50 on Australia. Now I don't want to get down to comparing todgers and start talking about Scotland's record against other teams with Wales' record against the same teams because it's pointless. However I can say with certainty that the Scottish backline is producing the goods at test level against top class opposition wheras Wales' has not done so for 2 seasons.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

The one area of the Welsh backline I fear is the centres should Dunbar or Taylor be injured - Wales did well in the Autumn with their power through midfield and we may struggle to contain them if we play a lightweight midfield with either Horne at 12 or Grigg at 13.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Radge, be careful...

IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm

As a Welshman, I would like to say that I have really enjoyed watching Scotland over the last 12-18 months. They are playing a great brand of rugby at the moment, and history will count for nothing on the weekend- Wales will have to play very well to beat them.

I do think that Wales have the tools to beat Scotland, and am certainly not taking the victory for granted- I wouldn't be surprised to see a Scotland win, but I am hoping that home advantage, and the confidence that the Scarlets' lads should have will be enough to see us through, hopefully playing some heads up, expansive rugby at the same time...

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:26 pm

This is one of the reasons I love discussion boards.

There's so much mud slinging and wang measuring going on but when the final whistle goes, half of the trumpeteers (on both sides) will quietly slink off and hide never to been seen again until there's more mud slinging to be done.

No one side can use history or form to claim they can tell what the outcome will be. Everyone can have a feeling or a guess, but you can't say "the game will go this way". If you could then why are you wasting your time on here, you should be at the bookies all day everyday earning thousands!

You can't even say "Oooo, one thing is for sure, it will be a close game". There's too many variables in rugby to be able to confidently predict an outcome. Players can get injured. Refs can have howlers. Players can have brain farts and get themselves carded. Just as likely is that one team will work out how to beat the other, or at least negate their tactics. Players x, y and z could have the game of their lives and dictate the outcome. Players A, B and C could have the worst games of their careers and severely dent their sides chances.

For me, I'm still going for a Scotland win, but if I'm wrong I'll not be hiding under the couch to keep away from the "I told you so brigade" of the Welsh contingent. Likewise, if I'm right, I'm not going to be coming on here to be a poor winner and rubbing it in the faces of the level headed Welsh posters.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:28 pm

'an, 'an, an...another thing !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:31 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:The word huge is perhaps OTT, but it doesn't take much of an argument to say that Scotland have the more potent backline

Yes, now this i can agree with, but you used the term HUGE, which as you say is OTT.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:31 pm

George Carlin wrote:6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Trollyoday

And who would you say this refers to ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:The word huge is perhaps OTT, but it doesn't take much of an argument to say that Scotland have the more potent backline

Yes, now this i can agree with, but you used the term HUGE, which as you say is OTT.

You seem to be assuming that every Scottish poster is the same person - Radge made the original post using the word huge...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Why not say why the Welsh are on par rather than anyone thinking scotland are better is wrong with no explanation?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Whoooooooshhhhhh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Whom.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm

It's like a nature programme this, with the wolf pack circling a wounded animal and closing in for the kill!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm

IanBru wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Whom.

To whom???

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm

To whom you sayeth this doth refer.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm

The Oracle wrote:It's like a nature programme this, with the wolf pack circling a wounded animal and closing in for the kill!

and who to whom would you say the wounded animal is?

Last edited by RuggerRadge2611 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Scottrf wrote:To whom you sayeth this doth refer.
Say that to my face, you cad!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Scottrf wrote:To whom you sayeth this doth refer.

I don't speak much Welsh, unfortunately Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

You seem to be assuming that every Scottish poster is the same person - Radge made the original post using the word huge...

Thanks for the support Lando Wink
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:55 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Ya dancer that's a corker from Fife Boy. It took me a couple of seconds to mull it over but then BOOM!

Radge wins the internet today!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

I just got a ticket. Thanks TTRRN Hug

The downside is it looks as if I'll be driving down on Saturday morning.
So if any of you scoundrels are travelling from the London area and want to share the drive (I'll do the driving you can keep me awake by indulging in "peasant conversation") let me know.

Can any of the Welsh posters offer advice on whether I should drive into Cardiff and park up or park outside the city? I remember a few years ago a Welsh acquaintance explaining how to do it but I've forgotten: the word Radyr comes to mind but I've no idea why.

Finally; I think it'll be a tight game. Gatland will stick to Warrenball. Thereby neutering the Scarlets backs. Our pack wont be as weak as some might imagine. Toonie will, probably, play Blair Kinghorn on the wing to run back kicks. Finn Russell will look to rub Gatland's nose in it after he has crapped all over the Welsh Grand Slam dream. Russell may try too hard and have a 'mare. It's all too close for me to call.

p.s. last time I was in Cardiff was for "that game"; Tom Evans, Dan Parks, Shane Williams scoring in added time. If Saturday is half as good then it'll be a cracker.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:01 pm

tigertattie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Ya dancer that's a corker from Fife Boy. It took me a couple of seconds to mull it over but then BOOM!

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Tumblr_oig906SiHF1uyojm3o9_r1_250
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Amos is fit? A bit more to him than Evans but 2 wings with injury questions is a big risk.

Probably the best backline that is available to Wales.

The front 5 is where Wales will win this. If they revert to Warrenball, they would be a scarier team.

Looking forward to Thursday. Inside centre, locks, back-up tighthead and 8 are the interesting choices for Scotland in that order (for me).

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:04 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 7 Tumblr_oig906SiHF1uyojm3o9_r1_250

Laugh

I know Radge is part Welsh so just keeping him on his toes Hug

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:No they're not, and no they're not.

Here you go, have a read of some of these and tell me how they are different to what Gwlad has been saying:-

Hazel Sapling wrote:If Scotland get parity at the scrum, they really should be able to pull apart Wales.

IanBru wrote:I'm going for Wales 10 - Scotland 29

tigertattie wrote:Wales 22 - 34 Scotland

Hazel Sapling wrote:Same HS. All we need is scrum parity and a good pitch.
Wales 19 - 34 Scotland

BigGee wrote:A lot of our players now know they can beat Wales

Hazel Sapling wrote:Anyway, this is the reason why I tend to avoid Welsh threads. If you don't say Wales are going to win then you are insane.

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I think it will be quite a resounding victory

TJ wrote:Personally I don't Wales have the firepower to score enough to win whereas I am confident Scotland will score tries

RuggerRadge2611 wrote: I do think we will win the match with a bit to spare.

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Into the backs it's kind of one way traffic, Scotland have the advantage and form, from 9 to 15.

reallybored wrote:I will be immensely disappointed if we don't win at the weekend.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm

The difference is if you ask those posters to explain they will and generally have on why they think that. And vice versa you could say why you think wales will win.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 pm

Dear God in heaven. The absolute state of this. Laugh
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 pm

There's nothing wrong with confidence, and confidence in your team, but when Gwlad does it, he is trolling.

Look, it makes no difference to me, but let's just have some chwarae teg. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm

And switch the attention as he can't add detail.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Look, it makes no difference to me, but let's just have some chwarae teg. Very Happy

Is that better on flatbread or a bulgurwheat crisp? Whatever it is, it sounds tasty!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:21 pm

I explained why:

I'd be immensely disappointed if we don't win at the weekend.

Because:

We've been the better team for the past 12 months; played better rugby, scored more points and won more games.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next