The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

+41
Stone Motif
Artful_Dodger
Welly
furra_linee
Eejit
munkian
Hazel Sapling
Brendan
marty2086
VinceWLB
PhilBB
Pot Hale
ScarletSpiderman
geoff999rugby
Intotouch
stub
LeinsterFan4life
profitius
eirebilly
carpet baboon
neilthom7
SecretFly
LordDowlais
thebandwagonsociety
BigGee
Cyril
Pete330v2
RDW
BamBam
MUNCH
St John The Enforcer
Welshmushroom
The Great Aukster
Kingshu
TJ
Sin é
No 7&1/2
RugbyFan100
RiscaGame
wolfball
21st Century Schizoid Man
45 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing? - Page 7 Empty The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by Pot Hale Wed 24 Jan 2018, 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Some of the Irish provinces seem to be doing fine.  Munster might be able to pay back a few shillings to Landsdowne HQ this season.  Leinster have finally started sharing. Connacht have survived Mr Grumpy and have managed another Challenge Cup quarter.  Could they make the final?
Ulster need a separate topic to cover all their issues.  Oh - and they have one.  

Italy.  Treviso are now Benetton and improving to the point of it being grudgingly admitted outside of Italy.  Zebre?  See Ulster above.  The FIR continue to fiddle the other unions while Rome burns.  

Scarlets on the other hand continue to see Byrne roam.  And sidestep.  The WRU must be grinning from ear to ear as Scarlets are simply steaming.   Who needs union monies when you can assemble a squad like this?  Top of their conference and finishing top of their pool in front of a packed house to gain a home quarterfinal in the Champions Cup. What more could you ask for?  Possibly a sneaky Welsh cap for Tadgh Beirne but little else to complain about.  If Gatland can harness the Scarlets, a la Leinster and Glasgow, and get Wales moving to the top in the Six Nations, the WRU might need to send a little more love (hard cash) over Llanelli way to encourage them further.  

Dragons got bought by the WRU.  And then hired an Irish coach. And then fixed their pitch.  And then things went so so.  And the jury went out on Jackman.  And then they started losing. A lot.  And then they had lots of announcements about new players for next season. And then they got knocked out of the Challenge Cup.  
And now it’s a wait for another season.  Not sure if the jury has come back in yet but Jackman has a battle on his hands.  

Ospreys continue to plumb new depths and eventually decided to fire their coach after failing in the Champions Cup once again.  Will they be in the Challenge Cup next season?

Cardiff have at least made the knockouts of the Challenge Cup but they’re still batting eyes at the WRU some say.  Will they succumb to the union’s clutches?

All the way down to Port Elizabeth for the new entrants.

The Southern Kings? See Zebre.  X 100.   Massive squad revamp needed and SARU investment.

Cheetahs?   Just when they’d notched another triumph on their league bedpost, came the news that another of their players had been nicked for another SR side. Their top try scorer is leaving too.  They’ve 8 wins in the bag, can they get a few more to make it into the playoffs?  

And finally the Scots.  Cockerill is definitely making inroads and if it doesn’t happen this season, they’ll be making life difficult in 2018/19 for a few of the higher up clubs. Their sassy and classy neighbours look strong prospects for the Championship title with a single loss so far.   Not too long ago, the SRU was making plaintive noises about the costs of running the two clubs and seeking private investors.  Then they went quiet.  Then they announced a profit for the first time in a long while.  And investment in academy is starting to pay off.  And the Test team isn’t doing too shabby either.  SRU CEO, Mark Dodson, says long term objective is to secure external investment to ensure the future of the game.  

We’ve had the first inkling of a change and expected increase in TV revenues for the Championship with EirSport announced as the new broadcaster for games in the Irish territory.  Anayi & Co still have to deliver a substantial increase on previous revenues.  The SARU/SuperSport deal has ensured part of that with a reported 36m six-year agreement.   What will GB deliver?

Private investment and Union control/money.  Will a happy marriage eventually be reached?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 19 Feb 2018, 4:52 pm

So I take it you're against scotland looking to have a bit more control on players outside their league? As I said doubt it would happen with he current rfu and prl agreement in place.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by Pot Hale Mon 19 Feb 2018, 6:48 pm

I think this is a shrewd piece of thinking by the Scottish union. Good to see them being flexible and innovative in finding new ways to develop new talent. The SRU have upped their game a lot in recent years.

The Welsh Union will need to continue increasing their funding into the regions for academy player development and focus on sustain the existing four regions.

The FIR’s recruitment of Steve Aboud along with O’Shea is also starting to show some green shoots. As others remarked on here, the performance of their U20’s this year was an eye opener.

Greg Garner said on his appointment last year as referees manager with the PRO14 that they plan to have a panel of full time refs employed by the PRO14 working in ‘teams’ similar to the approach taken by WR. The Welsh, Scottish and Italian unions have invested more in development of more referees. SARU will need to increase their allotment next season.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 8:29 am

Hi Pot Hale, thanks for the decent reply. OK

But, just to confirm my plea about rubbish refs in the Pro14, I would like you to take last Friday nights game between Ospreys and Southern Kings into account.

After aprox 11 minutes the Referee David Wilkinson had penalised the Kings on 5 occasions after the 5th time he warned the Kings captain that next infringement would see someone leaving the field, on the next infringement about a minute later, one of the Kings props went straight down and he penalised them again, and he warned them AGAIN, Ospreys went and took another scrum Tom Habberfield our S/H took the ball and sprinted over for a try, but if you study the movement, Wilkinson was stood directly in the way of the Kings S/H stopping him getting to Habberfield. His incompetence carried on for the rest of the match.

After the game Allen Clarke Ospreys acting Head Coach gave a Press Conference where he said he wasn't joking where he said the 4th official came on to the pitch and passed to Wilkinson his Red and Yellow Cards, the BUFFOON had come on without them.

Is this the standard we have come to expect in our league ?

Are you happy with this standard of officiating ?

Last edited by LordDowlais on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 8:35 am

Is this why yu think I hound you as I'll keep asking questions you ignore ld? What's wrong with scotland trying to develop players and having more control of players outside the league?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:04 am

LordDowlais wrote:Hi Pot Hale, thanks for the decent reply. OK

But, just to confirm my plea about rubbish refs in the Pro14, I would like you to take last Friday nights game between Ospreys and Southern Kings into account.

After aprox 11 minutes the Referee David Wilkinson had penalised the Kings on 5 occasions after the 5th time he warned the Kings captain that next infringement would see someone leaving the field, on the next infringement about a minute later, one of the Kings props went straight down and he penalised them again, and he warned them AGAIN, we went and took another scrum Tom Habberfield our S/H took the ball and sprinted over for a try, but if you study the movement, Wilkinson was stood directly in the way of the Kings S/H stopping him getting to Habberfield. His incompetence carried on for the rest of the match.

After the game Allen Clarke Ospreys acting Head Coach gave a Press Conference where he said he wasn't joking where he said the 4th official came on to the pitch and passed to Wilkinson his Red and Yellow Cards, the BUFFOON had come on without them.

Is this the standard we have come to expect in our league ?

Are you happy with this standard of officiating ?

The refereering in the Aviva and the Top14 is no better

Watched Luke Pierce on Friday - absolutely appalling.
One of those rare occasions when I totally agree with Austin Healey.

Saracens played the scrum half at a ruck (nearly pulled him off his feet) , then Weber came in and made a perfectly legal clear out and got pinged
The bloke is sub standard and is not alone.

Garcas was very poor in the England Wales game.

Poor referring is across the board and as such the Pro14 is not out of the ordinary

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:07 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Is this why yu think I hound you as I'll keep asking questions you ignore ld? What's wrong with scotland trying to develop players and having more control of players outside the league?

I have given my reason about this throughout this thread, yet here you are again. Rolling Eyes

So I will say this for the last time.

I think Scotland have their priorities all wrong, they should not be investing in another league, they should be investing in their own league. If they feel they do not have enough spaces for players, then either go down the route the WRU are doing with RGC1404, or stop signing NSQ players, and put all these "extra" players into Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Also, the SRU do not contribute enough to our league when it comes to officiating instead of putting a million or so quid into Newcastle, I would like to think that they would prioritise their own house first, and help raise the standards of their own bread and butter.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:11 am

geoff999rugby wrote:Poor referring is across the board and as such the Pro14 is not out of the ordinary

So are we just supposed to except it ?

I would love for the Pro14 to be leading the way in exemplary refereeing standards, having an off day is one thing, but being consistently poor is another.

How can a ref forget to take his cards onto the field with him ? That is amateurism at it's worst. Come on.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:19 am

Thanks ld. Do you not think it's balancing act though. They want Edinburgh and Glasgow to be good competitive teams but that's against ensuring the national team improve as well. It's not about investing in someone else league to them but investing in the continued development of their players. My bet that this investment would be aimed at getting a certain amount of control over those players for release to training camps hence why I doubt it'll be accepted. There's always going to be external non qualified players to ensure that their teams are getting the best they can and there'll be players wanting to try themselves in a different league.

Its all separate to their refs though as it's about their players. You don't stop developing one tom develop the other.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Poor referring is across the board and as such the Pro14 is not out of the ordinary

So are we just supposed to except it ?

I would love for the Pro14 to be leading the way in exemplary refereeing standards, having an off day is one thing, but being consistently poor is another.

How can a ref forget to take his cards onto the field with him ? That is amateurism at it's worst. Come on.

So he can't have had an off day?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:16 am

marty2086 wrote:So he can't have had an off day?

Is it just an argument you are looking for ?

please note this which you have ignored:-

LordDowlais wrote:I would love for the Pro14 to be leading the way in exemplary refereeing standards, having an off day is one thing, but being consistently poor is another.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:28 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:So he can't have had an off day?

Is it just an argument you are looking for ?

please note this which you have ignored:-

LordDowlais wrote:I would love for the Pro14 to be leading the way in exemplary refereeing standards, having an off day is one thing, but being consistently poor is another.
I didn't ignore genius I was referencing it in regards to this

Typical of you to jump in without thinking

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:45 am

Well it is, do you think that doing something like forgetting your cards is having an "off day" ?

I think that should be something that's never forgotten, would you be happy for a ref to forget his whistle ?

It's beggars belief, but no doubt you will counter it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:49 am

Of course a human making a mistake is indefensible, god forbid such a horrible thing was to happen

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:01 am

It's very unprofessional.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:07 am

Yup. Happens though. Even in the most professional of leagues and sports.

Do you not think the leagues arundel the world need to get their heads together supported by wr to send refs to different leagues for s number of games per.season. Will benefit the refs players and fans. Allows players to get used to other refs he's the refs know the little differences between the leagues etc and helps the fans understand there is no true gold standard. So the moans will just be about the brave guys willing to do the job.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:08 am

Have you ever made a mistake measuring carpet LD?

Is there a red faced angry man posting on carpet forums about how incompetent and unprofessional you are? Would explain why you're so frustrated all the time

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:09 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Yup.  Happens though. Even in the most professional of leagues and sports.

Do you not think the leagues arundel the world need to get their heads together supported by wr to send refs to different leagues for s number of games per.season. Will benefit the refs players and fans. Allows players to get used to other refs he's the refs know the little differences between the leagues etc and helps the fans understand there is no true gold standard. So the moans will just be about the brave guys willing to do the job.

Would also add a little more intrigue when you have a NH interpretation in the SH and vice versa

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:10 am

BamBam wrote:Have you ever made a mistake measuring carpet LD?

Is there a red faced angry man posting on carpet forums about how incompetent and unprofessional you are? Would explain why you're so frustrated all the time

That wouldn't effect him though

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:22 am

LordDowlais wrote:

I think that should be something that's never forgotten, would you be happy for a ref to forget his whistle ?

I think I'd love for refs to forget their whistles now and again. I don't think any ref is worth a crap if he can't whistle with his fingers in an emergency. He could even use a blade of semi-natural plastic grass if he got the right training.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 12:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

the 4th official came on to the pitch and passed to Wilkinson his Red and Yellow Cards, the BUFFOON had come on without them.

Tell me that is not true.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 12:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Lambasts people for hounding and insulting him, then uses insults about people

What a mind

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Feb 2018, 12:57 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

the 4th official came on to the pitch and passed to Wilkinson his Red and Yellow Cards, the BUFFOON had come on without them.

Tell me that is not true.

Allan Clarke says he wasn't joking. Press Conference at the UN building - 2.00 pm GMT.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:08 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:

Or.... You know... The opposite. Dragons already back in the fold. Just 3 more and we are all back in the union.

Why does everyone else have to change when there are at least 10 union controlled teams in the league?

The answer to this is:

1) Sensible people can see that the leagues that are the most successful and generate the most income are those that are run by bodies that represent the teams in the league only. It means the teams are in control of their own destiny, income generation and structures. Being run and controlled by organisations whose main job is to concentrate on stadiums and teams that play in other competitions - is far from ideal and devalues the league in ways which have been spoken about at length on this forum recently.

2) The Dragons are a mess. They've barely won a league match all season. They can't play Gavin Henson because they can't afford his match appearance fees. Their winning ratio is lower than last season. Jackman has argued with players and the fans are angry at him for not picking goal kickers. Yes, Union ownership is working wonders.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:17 pm

1) Not true.  A team's destiny is a team's destiny.  You win and you earn money.  You lose and you're the Dragons - private ownership or not.  Oh and ownership is ownership...is ownership.

2) The Dragons were a mess before the WRU walked in and if you expect magic wands to work in a season or two then you might be better off looking at the Harry Potter franchise rather than rugby.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

SecretFly wrote:1) Not true.  A team's destiny is a team's destiny.  You win and you earn money.  You lose and you're the Dragons - private ownership or not.  Oh and ownership is ownership...is ownership.

How you can still claim this after Ruan Pienaar was told to leave Ulster by Ulster's union, shows what level of misinformation you are typing on a regular basis on this forum.

2) The Dragons were a mess before the WRU walked in and if you expect magic wands to work in a season or two then you might be better off looking at the Harry Potter franchise rather than rugby.

Right. So why are they "back in the fold" ?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:40 pm

I’ve not seen one credible source for this Henson rumour. Seems to be a bit of a Gwlad special and one that Phil BB seems happy to push.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:45 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:1) Not true.  A team's destiny is a team's destiny.  You win and you earn money.  You lose and you're the Dragons - private ownership or not.  Oh and ownership is ownership...is ownership.

How you can still claim this after Ruan Pienaar was told to leave Ulster by Ulster's union, shows what level of misinformation you are typing on a regular basis on this forum.

Right. So why are they "back in the fold" ?

A team's destiny is their destiny...ownership is ownership...is ownership.

The Dragons were a mess before the WRU walked in.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:47 pm

marty/Bambam

Why are you making this personal against me ?

You two never seem to want to behave like adults on here. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:58 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
St John The Enforcer wrote:

Or.... You know... The opposite. Dragons already back in the fold. Just 3 more and we are all back in the union.

Why does everyone else have to change when there are at least 10 union controlled teams in the league?

The answer to this is:

1) Sensible people can see that the leagues that are the most successful and generate the most income are those that are run by bodies that represent the teams in the league only. It means the teams are in control of their own destiny, income generation and structures. Being run and controlled by organisations whose main job is to concentrate on stadiums and teams that play in other competitions - is far from ideal and devalues the league in ways which have been spoken about at length on this forum recently.

2) The Dragons are a mess. They've barely won a  league match all season. They can't play Gavin Henson because they can't afford his match appearance fees. Their winning ratio is lower than last season. Jackman has argued with players and the fans are angry at him for not picking goal kickers. Yes, Union ownership is working wonders.

1) Sensible people? Laugh They are obviously idiots since they fail to grasp the complexity of the issue, Top 14 and AP have a more established history and had a chance to build their brand a lot longer than the Pro14. A league by the way which has been in a constant state of flux since it's foundation which makes it harder to gain huge investment, add in the constant issues created by the RRW who were at war with the WRU, trying to get into England plus the Italians potentially pulling out it makes it difficult to sell the league to sponsors and broadcasters.

2) Yip because a change of ownership should automatically improve things, it's not like things take time or that they have had key players out injured, that Henson put in some poor performances. But they can't afford match fees yet are splashing the cash next season, that makes sense

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 1:58 pm

LordDowlais wrote:marty/Bambam

Why are you making this personal against me ?

You two never seem to want to behave like adults on here. Rolling Eyes

You really don't get irony do you?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 2:38 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I’ve not seen one credible source for this Henson rumour. Seems to be a bit of a Gwlad special and one that Phil BB seems happy to push.

I was told personally by a very credible source (that I'm not going to name, sorry)

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:02 pm

So you can understand if people don't believe it and treat it as hear say then.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:04 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:I’ve not seen one credible source for this Henson rumour. Seems to be a bit of a Gwlad special and one that Phil BB seems happy to push.

I was told personally by a very credible source (that I'm not going to name, sorry)

So they can't afford his match fees but pick him on the bench for games? Strange

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:04 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So you can understand if people don't believe it and treat it as hear say then.

Absolutely.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:05 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

So they can't afford his match fees but pick him on the bench for games? Strange

Did he come on the pitch? Y'know, make an appearance?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:07 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Did he come on the pitch? Y'know, make an appearance?

If they can't afford him they wouldn't risk having to use him, it's not like he publically stated he was dropped for poor performances and has only featured the the Challenge Cup since then or anything

Last edited by marty2086 on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:07 pm

So he won't make an appearance again according to your source. Whys he sticking around if they are doing him.out of money and it's semi public knowledge?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:11 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So he won't make an appearance again according to your source.

I don't believe anyone has said such a thing.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:12 pm

Your source said they can't play him.until when then?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:17 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Your source said they can't play him.until when then?

I've been told he hasn't been playing recently because the Dragons didn't want to pay the appearance fees. Because they signed him to a contract with huge fees which they now regret. No doubt they'll want him to turn out for the Dragons asap now to quash these rumours.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:18 pm

So it was a choice rather than they couldn't? And now it's leaked it's likely to result in him playing pretty soon.cool.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:20 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So it was a choice rather than they couldn't? And now it's leaked it's likely to result in him playing pretty soon.cool.

My thoughts exactly, says they couldn't afford them then it turns out they just didn't want to pay them. Maybe something to do with it being better value him holding tackle bags than playing

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:20 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So it was a choice rather than they couldn't? And now it's leaked it's likely to result in him playing pretty soon.cool.

pretty much.

cool

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

He won’t be playing for six weeks, it has been announced. He is injured/Dragons have had their hand forced and had to come up with a cunning story to explain his absences over the next few weeks.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:25 pm

Lol

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

You know what ?

I absolutely hate the way a certain fraction of this forum always go out of their way to try and prove people wrong. They never want to discuss the topic in hand, they never want to be civil.

This obsession with always trying to trip people up, always trying to be clever, the craving to always be right, it spoils the forum.

All through this thread, I have wanted to talk about the officials, get people opinions, ask what they think we could do to improve, but as always it turns into the mess we have here.

marty, SF, No 7&1/2, not once have any of you added anything constructive to the debate, all you have done is rubbish other peoples opinions, insult or just ignored the point in hand.

At least members like Pot Hale have tried to have a constructive debate, other members just always want to take it down this nit picking road of bickering.

I give up, I really do.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

That's not true at all ld. Scroll up and you'll see I've made valid points about Scotland's union hiking outside the box to develop.players and the fact I see this as separate to development of refs. And I also offered an opinion on how I'd like official standards improved by broadening their exposure and giving some fans something to compare to their own officials.

My picking up.on a point that the dragons couldn't play Henson due to money was ok surely as we discovered that wasn't the case. Oh and I don't tend t ignore points or at least not counter them.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

The thing is No 7&1/2, there is no need to always try and win the internet, some people have a opinion, it might not be a good one or it might not be 100% accurate, but the way it gets pick apart on here is very tiresome.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:55 pm

Where do you feel.slighted on this? The point I made where the Scottish union were valiantly trying to improve their stock of players, albeit I see it not being successful? The point I made that this is completely separate to developing refs? The point you ignored about wanting a wr funded or at least some help in sharing refs across leagues to improve standards and understanding everywhere?
Or where I questioned whether it was true that the dragons couldn't afford to play Henson which was a misunderstanding and actually they can?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:56 pm

I will accept I picked apart that last point pretty quickly.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next