The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gennady Golovkin - Saul Alvarez II

+2
mobilemaster8
Mr Bounce
6 posters

Go down

Gennady Golovkin - Saul Alvarez II Empty Gennady Golovkin - Saul Alvarez II

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Tue 30 Jan 2018, 12:03 am

So after the long drawn out affair, the rematch has finally been confirmed for May 5, 2018. No venue has yet been agreed. GGG's side want NYC, whereas Canelo's side want Vegas(where ODLH can bribe the judges again...).

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Gennady Golovkin - Saul Alvarez II Empty Re: Gennady Golovkin - Saul Alvarez II

Post by AdamT Tue 30 Jan 2018, 12:25 pm

GGG should of got the nod in the last fight. However, if Canelo decides to up the wok rate, he will win this time around. He has room for improvement, while I believe GGG has perhaps slipped (or just stepped up level of competition).

It's a fight that needs to happen and I hope there is no controversy this time around. But with both fighters unlikely to get stopped, perhaps there will be more arguments over another decision.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 30 Jan 2018, 1:26 pm

The good thing is it's happening. But for some ridiculous judging it was Golovkin's fight last time - although close. Both are likely to up their game for this one.

Let's hope that there's no interference or silly scores this time round. Golovkin by tight decision I reckon. Then he will go after Saunders' belt. If Canelo wins, which he certainly can, I can see the belts going all over the place due to money.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 30 Jan 2018, 1:30 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:The good thing is it's happening. But for some ridiculous judging it was Golovkin's fight last time - although close. Both are likely to up their game for this one.

Let's hope that there's no interference or silly scores this time round. Golovkin by tight decision I reckon. Then he will go after Saunders' belt. If Canelo wins, which he certainly can, I can see the belts going all over the place due to money.

I actually think Canelo will get the tight decision, whether earned or not, remains to be seen! Definitely would like to see the winner in with Saunders, or perhaps Jacobs!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 19 Feb 2018, 12:46 pm

Enjoyed the first fight - had it 116-112 to Golovkin - handy win but the judges spoke to the tune of ODLH.

Should be a good rematch, GGG knows Canelo cant bother him power wise.

Will probably press more....

Works both ways, Canelo has felt the power and may dismiss it as bearable, could make him press the action as opposed to boxing on the counter.

Can see a similar first fight with Canelo winning a close disputed decision.

Unless GGG has one more big performance in the tank.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:18 am

Interesting interview with Golovkin claims Canelo is a serial doper. Claims Canelo had puncture marks on his stomach ahead of the first bout. Also suggests de la Hoya is a cheat.

Interestingly Saunders-Murray got postponed yesterday with Saunders citing a damaged hand.

Could we see Golovkin and Saunders face off and leave Canelo on the outside?

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:14 pm

GGG might mess up the detection times himself at some stage.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 23 Mar 2018, 8:49 am

Golovkin needs to work on a new game plan because he doesn’t have the hand speed to catch Canelo with a clean head shot maybe go to the body a bit he used to be a good body puncher remember?

Golovkin didn’t enjoy some of Canelo’s own body work in the first fight so I think Canelo will be targeting the body too

Golovkin would love to make it a war but Canelo’s too smart for that surely he’s needs to stay elusive but up his output

Let’s hope it’s a better fight than the first either man is capable of getting the stoppage but the fight is more likely going to the cards

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 24 Mar 2018, 12:28 am

Saul Alvarez has been temporarily suspended by the Las Vegas state athletic commission pending a hearing into his positive drug test.

Funny how the Ring magazine stripped Luis Nery of their title for failing a drugs test for the same substance found in Alvarez's system. Yet they haven't stripped Alvarez. I guess Oscar owning Ring magazine help drugs cheat Alvarez

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 24 Mar 2018, 4:23 am

Instead of complaining about Canelo running, Golovkin needs to cut the ring off better certainly Sanchez needs to make a fuss about Canelo turning his back on Golovkin

Can’t believe the fight won’t happen too much money involved they’ve got three weeks to work out something good

Everyone wants to see the fight and there’ll be a lot of pissed off people if it’s called off

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 09 Apr 2018, 9:01 pm

Surely Derevyanchenko would be a fitting opponent for May 5th:

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-return-move-from-las-vegas-stubhub-center--127022

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 18 Apr 2018, 4:49 pm

Gennady Golovkin will fight Vanes Martirosyan on May 5th instead

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content