The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Jones abused on the train

+30
Pot Hale
Cyril
lostinwales
stub
quinsforever
TightHEAD
Shifty
nathan
aucklandlaurie
Scarpia
SecretFly
GunsGermsV2
doctor_grey
profitius
tigertattie
whocares
TheMildlyFranticLlama
LondonTiger
Galted
BigGee
EST
No 7&1/2
Scottrf
Tattie Scones RRN
TJ
RuggerRadge2611
NeilyBroon
BamBam
Breadvan
maestegmafia
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eddie Jones abused on the train - Page 2 Empty Eddie Jones abused on the train

Post by maestegmafia Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:48 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43235314

ngland head coach Eddie Jones says he will no longer travel by public transport after claiming he was physically and verbally abused on his way back from Scotland on Sunday.

The Australian travelled alone by train via standard class from Edinburgh to Manchester on the morning after England's 25-13 defeat at Murrayfield.

"I'll make sure I won't in future. It's as simple as that," said Jones.

Jones claims comments made by Scotland great Gavin Hastings did not help.

Former Scotland and Lions captain Hastings, who won 67 international caps, said opposing supporters of Jones' team wanted to "rub his face in the dirt".

A nice article to deflect from yesterday’s piece where he said the England team have leadership issues.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Eddie Jones abused on the train - Page 2 Empty Re: Eddie Jones abused on the train

Post by Cyril Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:22 pm

This isn’t the first time a Hastings brother has basically invited hatred before or after a game. Joubert and now Jones have felt the aftermath. Good work boys Sad

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Eddie Jones abused on the train - Page 2 Empty Re: Eddie Jones abused on the train

Post by doctor_grey Fri 02 Mar 2018, 12:04 am

Scarpia wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Scarpia wrote:Unsavoury as this incident is, if it leads to coaches refraining from the mind games and taunting of players before matches then some good will come from it.

Are you saying that Eddie Jones deserves to be treated like this because his job entails being interviewed pre-game match persistantly by media?

Since this happened after the game last week after the Scottish victotry, then maybe Scotland will go on and Experience winning more regularly, and this group of  fans will appreciate what the role of victors involves.

Not at all but perhaps coaches (Jones & Gatland in particular) should stick to general points about the forthcoming match and avoid personal remarks about a player's "bottle" for example.

What happened to Jones was reprehensible but I can't help thinking that fans get riled by remarks from some coaches.
But this is Rugby, It is just sport. Not real life. If people get their rocks off every time a sports personality says something about the opposition then we all need a major sanity check.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 Mar 2018, 8:02 am

Jones was particularly distasteful in fairness. Russell world class. He deserves everything those scum threw at him.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:16 am

Can anyone from Scotland confirm the authenticity of the Scots involved? The nuances of the dialect for example. Think the perpetrators called Eddie a coont or something like that. Sounded authentic. What kind of beer were they drinking, purple tin? I know one of the guys was conveniently ginger, wig? And why was Eddie, one of the highest paid professional coaches in England, traveling on a train in economy all by himself? Seems a bit fishy. What if Eddie took offence to words by Scots during the week and he engineered the whole thing. The guy has OCD and leaves nothing to chance in everything he does and yet we have this situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:22 am

Was he abused on a train? Or outside a building before getting into a car?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:35 am

Both

“Apparently”

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Mar 2018, 2:17 pm

Shifty wrote:Eddie Jones is always quick enough to open his gob on people, he can dish it out but can't take it back by the sounds of things.  He should stop stirring the pot.  To be caught on public transport after a game that his team have lost, after so frequently mouthing off, is his own stupidity.  Don't condone the fan behaviour but Jones brings that type of thing on himself by the way he behaves.
Fans are assholes though..

The audacity of using public transport after his team lost. Loving your standards Shifty...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Mar 2018, 2:20 pm

Yep! Should expect to be abused if he's caught in public!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Mar 2018, 3:00 pm

I thought Shifty made some fair points whilst not condoning that sort of behaviour. EJ has a big mouth and just says a lot of unnecessary BS, plus anyone doing a Jeremy Corbyn should get some stick...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 02 Mar 2018, 3:11 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I thought Shifty made some fair points whilst not condoning that sort of behaviour. EJ has a big mouth and just says a lot of unnecessary BS, plus anyone doing a Jeremy Corbyn should get some stick...

He doesn't say a lot of unnecessary BS. He's usually very precise in what he's saying and he lets everyone else read more into it.

It is irrelevant anyway. What he says does not excuse him being abused, and the actions of those carrying out the abuse is only a few short steps away from shouting 'witch' and carrying out a lynching.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Mar 2018, 3:17 pm

Just thought Shifty made a fair point or two and didn't condone the behaviour, I don't condone it either. Funnily enough I think Shifty was the only Welsh poster to comment on it but according to muppets like BamBam everyone over the Severn Bridge would condone it Rolling Eyes. After watching that video it appears it was not on the train - I didn't think it was particularly bad either and there's been a bit of an overreaction, although maybe I'm used to that because of where I'm from and seeing/experiencing it often through my playing years. I think those lads, once sober would likely apologise to EJ if they have the chance.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:06 pm

mikey_dragon wrote: Funnily enough I think Shifty was the only Welsh poster to comment on it...

T'was a Welsh poster that wrote this thread in the first place, mikey.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote: Funnily enough I think Shifty was the only Welsh poster to comment on it...

...and then Shifty was the only other one to comment on it up to that point where nobody condoned it, yet according to the imbecile everyone over the Severn bridge condones it Headscratch? The guy has a huge chip given he can't go a single thread without slagging us off, even on the non-welsh topics. Very sad.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:13 pm

What was it that Jones said that riled these Scottish lads up then?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:40 pm

I have only seen the video of the incident outside as Jones was getting in a car. To be fair, all I saw in that was a couple of pished up lads giving Jones some banter (ok bad mouthed banter). Jones did not seem too concerned nor under threat and the security also did not seem to feel there was any threat to Jones.

During games, most coaches, fans, players get a hell of a lot more abuse than that.

Was there another incident that I have not seen?

Otherwise it just seems a bit of an over reaction by the media to me.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:46 pm

Considering Jones was on his way to meet a Scot, it must have seemed like a bit of a nightmare for him - the entire weekend; Scots charging him down in a rage of bile and passion - and that's only the Alex Ferguson greeting I'm talking about. Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:49 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

...and then Shifty was the only other one to comment on it up to that point where nobody condoned it, yet according to the imbecile everyone over the Severn bridge condones it Headscratch? The guy has a huge chip given he can't go a single thread without slagging us off, even on the non-welsh topics. Very sad.

Scarpia?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:51 pm

EST wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Scarpia wrote:Unsavoury as this incident is, if it leads to coaches refraining from the mind games and taunting of players before matches then some good will come from it.

Are you saying that Eddie Jones deserves to be treated like this because his job entails being interviewed pre-game match persistantly by media?

Since this happened after the game last week after the Scottish victotry, then maybe Scotland will go on and Experience winning more regularly, and this group of  fans will appreciate what the role of victors involves.

As others have said, I've never met a rugby "fan" like those in that video.

Are you suggesting that they are Rugby League fans?

I'm suggesting they aren't fans at all.

I don't know if these people were rugby fans or not (they obviously recognised Jones), but the incident in the video occurred the following day, in Manchester.  So right now all we know is that they're Scottish and that they're idiots.  One of the reasons i'm so annoyed with these w@ankers, is that the impression a lot of people will now have of Scottish rugby are these fools (after it's been the number 1 story on the beeb sport section all day), when it wouldn't surprise me if they've never actually set foot in Murrayfield.
I have been to many club grounds and have never seen fans like it. I have been to Twickenham, Millennium and Aviva and never seen fans like it. As I live in Scotland I regularly go to Murrayfield to see Scotland play teams other than England and never see anything like it. On the other hand go to Murrayfield when Scotland are playing England as I did on Saturday and you are likely to see one or two of these idiots. There was one a couple of rows from me who spent the match making obscene gestures at any English fan who sang Sweet Chariot.

There is sadly a small minority in Scotland whose main interest in life appears to be hating the English. Pathetic but there we are.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:11 pm

Thses are not scots rugby fans. these are football fans in manchester for a game - they may have scots accents but thats their only connection to scotland and rugby

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm

Would football fans know what the Calcutta Cup is? Can't blame football fans for everything.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 Mar 2018, 11:14 pm

Would footbal fans know who "Eddie" is? Or Have I been underestimating how knowledgeable English footbal fans are?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Mar 2018, 11:43 pm

During the Six Nation, all citizens become rugby 'fans'.  That's why is such a successful competition.  About two weeks is all it requires to get to know the characters - players, coaches, refs.  Everybody is an expert then..... until the show is over.  Then they f**k off back to their preferred sports or soaps....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 03 Mar 2018, 12:14 pm

will do something i very rarely do but i will defend the scots here Wink i was in Edinburgh for the game and wasnt exactly looking forward to going into the centre afterwards. but every scottish fan i met and spoke to was very magnanimous. we had a pint and good chat about the game.

in the ground there were a few "day trippers" out there more interested in screaming at farrell when kicking and going getting a drink than the rugby, but you get them for most international games. twickenham is a much better night out for prem final than any England game.

also came back on the sunday, Edinburgh to Manchester and Piccadilly was packed with football fans as united v chelsea had just finished.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Sat 03 Mar 2018, 2:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Scarpia?

Yes I'm Welsh.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 03 Mar 2018, 3:12 pm

There was a football match on in manchester that day. Chelsea IIRC and they have link up with Rangers neds.

Why would a scots rugby fan be at manchester station the day after the match? why would a scots rugby fan be on the manchester to london train?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 03 Mar 2018, 3:35 pm

Scottish people live in England.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 03 Mar 2018, 3:39 pm

thank you compelling

7 1/2 - look at compellings post above

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2018, 3:46 pm

Surely the accents on the video are a giveaway? Why would English/Manchester lads but on thick Scottish accents? Makes no sense. And why would English fans be wanting to rub Jones' nose in it? They're on the same side.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 03 Mar 2018, 4:37 pm

Yes amazing tj. They could be football fans. They could be rugby fans. Hold on a sec they could be both or neither. Does it matter?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 03 Mar 2018, 4:39 pm

Chelsea yobs and Rangers neds have a linkup- these will be scots chelsea fans

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 03 Mar 2018, 4:40 pm

You have no idea whether they are or not. Why does it matter to you? Rugby fans can be like that.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 03 Mar 2018, 5:44 pm

I tend to agree with the argument that we should not try and excuse these ars*holes on the basis that they were football fans.

They were abusive yobs and an embarrassment to anyone Scottish with their behaviour.

We should not try and pretend that all rugby fans are saintly either. I have seen and probably in my younger days, participated in some pretty boorish behaviour myself whilst attending matches, though I don't recall every abusing a 57 year old man in that fashion.

We should all learn something from such an episode, that while banter can be fun and something that we all enjoy and participate in, it is very easy for that to escalate into abuse, particularly when alcohol is involved.

I really hope these idiots have seen their behaviour in the media and are embarrassed by their behaviour and that their friends and family point it out to them as well.

We don't know who they are, why they were there, what their motives were, or what sort of people they are when not pished up at lunchtime on a sunday.

I do hope though that it has not been a very comfortable week for them and that they learn something from this and don't do it again!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2