The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

+17
Haito
Atila
BoomBoomBaby
Mr Bounce
Herman Jaeger
Nathaniel Jacobs
hazharrison
JuliusHMarx
Scottrff
superflyweight
AdamT
Seanusarrilius
huw
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
melv500
Fernando
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  Empty Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

Post by Fernando Mon 05 Mar 2018, 11:22 pm

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez says it "surprises and bothers" him that traces of clenbuterol were found in a drugs test, but his rematch against Gennady Golovkin will still go ahead on 5 May.

A statement from Alvarez's promoters blamed it on "meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years".

Alvarez will now move his training camp from Mexico to the USA.

The first fight in Las Vegas ended in a controversial draw last September.

Clenbuterol is used to treat asthma but can also help build lean muscle mass and burn off fat.

Alvarez said: "I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me.

"I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail."

Daniel Eichner, director at a World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited laboratory that conducted the tests, said: "These values are all within the range of what is expected from meat contamination."

Kazakh Golovkin, 35, will again put his WBA, WBC and IBF titles on the line against Mexican Alvarez, 27, in Las Vegas.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  Empty Re: Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 05 Mar 2018, 11:53 pm

Hmmm. I am smelling something here. Smells like contaminated bull**it. This to me is as plausible as uncastrated wild boar or high blood pressure medication that "wasn't checked" for banned substances. Granted if he's within WADA guidelines then fair enough, but it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Anything for that extra edge??

In my mind there will always be unanswered questions.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  Empty Re: Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Tue 06 Mar 2018, 9:45 am

All these rioded up Mexicans should be banned

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Tue 06 Mar 2018, 9:45 am

It is ridiculous how often this is happening in boxing and almost nothing is done about it. In pretty much any other sport you get an automatic lengthy ban. Boxing should be no different considering the dangerous consequences of what could happen in a fight. If they started an automatic ban I guarantee these "accidents" will disappear very quickly. Even if traces are within range of meat contamination then ban him for shorter period so he loses the fight and payday, this will just stop all this bullsh*t as Bounce nicely put it.

Also another thread is discussing about calls to ban boxing and these stories do nothing to help defend the sport.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Mar 2018, 9:59 am

Shame he got caught...

Love to have seen a Supersized Canelo beat the crap out of a  guy that has fought nothing but stiffs or midgets for 7 years while moaning everybody avoids him.

Move up like everyone else.. You have had enough easy paydays..

Probably be fighting Errol Spence after Jr midd Canello whilst claiming Joshua is avoiding him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:26 am

Obviously a level that is in no way performance enhancing. A few options really.

1. Meat contamination.
2. Doses low because he was at the end of a cycle.
3. It was present in transfused blood.

You'd only really prove 2 if he had other tests from the preceeding few days. But I’d say it’s a big possibility. He knew there was testing, cycled off it but wasn’t all metabolised.

As for athletes only being let off in boxing, not true. Ajee Wilson had a very similar case in athletics.

The contaminated meat explanation is solid, and backed by clinical testing. I would give allowances for trace amounts, you can’t be expected to account for it. But I can’t help but be very sceptical.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Tue 06 Mar 2018, 1:08 pm

Agree that’s a case but do you think boxers get off lightly in general compared to most other sports?

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 06 Mar 2018, 2:56 pm

He's a cheat simple.

Wouldn't be surprised if it now comes out that he wasn't even Mexican and he's actually just a Scottish dude that was good with accents...

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Tue 06 Mar 2018, 4:14 pm

huw wrote:He's a cheat simple.

Wouldn't be surprised if it now comes out that he wasn't even Mexican and he's actually just a Scottish dude that was good with accents...

Hahaha in fairness that would actually make sense.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 07 Mar 2018, 8:28 am

Any chance Canelo could be entirely innocent in this instance, he’s done hundreds of tests before always come out clean?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 07 Mar 2018, 8:59 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Any chance Canelo could be entirely innocent in this instance, he’s done hundreds of tests before always come out clean?

Of course there's a chance. It just seems a little convenient for me. Even if he is utterly innocent, there will always be a doubt in peoples' minds.

I don't like drugs cheats. Boxing is probably the worst sport for this as a) permanent damage can occur to an opponent and b) the organisations really don't seem to care as long as the money keeps rolling in. Ortiz gets banned, gets rewarded with a WBC title shot. Fury's back sparring, Povetkin's WBA No1 contender. It all sucks and I hate it.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 07 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

Nobody cares coz the money keeps rolling in that’s the bottom line

What a terrible state of affairs

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 07 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm

Also you’d think that with this being a problem with the meat in Mexico and with such a huge money fight coming up they’d have been going to the best organic butcher in town. Not exactly short of a few quid are they

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 07 Mar 2018, 2:13 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Also you’d think that with this being a problem with the meat in Mexico and with such a huge money fight coming up they’d have been going to the best organic butcher in town. Not exactly short of a few quid are they

Exactly. They aren't going to the local Aldi, i wouldn't have thought.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Mar 2018, 2:23 pm

It's win-win now for Golovkin really probably why it's still going ahead.

It's A) He wins and gets $$$ or B) He's lost to a drug cheat

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 07 Mar 2018, 2:37 pm

Fernando wrote:It's win-win now for Golovkin really probably why it's still going ahead.

It's A) He wins and gets $$$ or B) He's lost to a drug cheat

C) Canelo was intending to cheat some more and now he can't meaning his stamina won't match that of the first fight. He may also feel mentally unprepared if he had used this method in the past.....

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Shame he got caught...

Love to have seen a Supersized Canelo beat the crap out of a  guy that has fought nothing but stiffs or midgets for 7 years while moaning everybody avoids him.

Probably be fighting Errol Spence after Jr midd Canello whilst claiming Joshua is avoiding him..

I actually agree with this and I many think it's wrong! But GGG's team has been feeding everyone bullsh1t for so long!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:56 pm

AdamT wrote:

I actually agree with this and I many think it's wrong! But GGG's team has been feeding everyone bullsh1t for so long!

What's up, Truss? No bites first time round so having another go?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:06 pm

I'm not too bad, can't complain!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:25 pm

The delusional idiots on here. Golovkin is hardly ripped at middleweight, if he really wanted to he'd probably make junior middleweight comfortable. Middleweight is a marquee division. Bearing that in mind why should be move? Sturm, Martinez, Cotto didn't want to dance with GGG. Alvarez, the drugs cheat, only shared the ring after the Golden Gimp paid off 1 or 2 of the judges. Golovkin is undefeated 39-0.Alvarez has lost to Mayweather, Lara and Golovkin. Ergo anyone with superior boxing ability. Hence why Alvarez fought Khan a junior welterweight and Smith who's European level at best

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:35 pm

GGG would kill himself to make 154. He has a big frame and is certainly a big enough MW.

I don't care about GGG. He's a good fighter, but was too happy to sit in his comfort zone fighting bin men.

He's only looked quite bad his last couple of fights, because he has finally stepped up his competition.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:38 pm

So his performance against Daniel Jacobs was poor? The Brooklyn native was almost 10-12lbs heavier that Golovkin on fight night. That version of Jacobs would've beaten Alvarez, but for bent judges...

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:43 pm

He was ok against Jacobs. Nothing extraordinary. Don't rate Jacobs that highly to be honest.

Why mention fight night weights? JMM, Manny and Floyd have beat numerous world class fighters that weigh much heavier on the night.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 08 Mar 2018, 11:49 pm

So name Alvarez's impressive victories. Khan? Hatton? Smith? Embarrassed by Mayweather. Lost to Lara and Golovkin but got gifted a win and draw.

Golovkin's win over Jacobs is superior to any of Alvarez's legitimate wins.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:21 am

Canelo beat Cotto, that's a solid win. Even if the Jacobs win is a better win, it's GGG's only really good win.

Alveraz still has better more good names on his record.

Canelo is also nothing special, but not many fan boys claim everyone is ducking Canelo.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:37 am

The same Miguel Cotto whom lost every major fight of his career, excluding beating a near blind Margarito and a disabled Martinez.

Names on the CV mean nothing when they are either gifted wins or fighters past their best

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:45 am

Cotto had a fantastic career.

Only lost to Marg, because he was a cheat. He beat Mosley when he was still good.

Who did Cotto lose to at his peak, bar the cheater?

Manny and Floyd. Two fighters that would easily beat GGG, if they were the same size.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:51 am

There was no proof that Margarito cheated' it's simply Cotto's claim to save face that he quit.

Manny at his peak vs GGG, GGG wins. Manny was suspect around the chops. GGG takes his head off late on

Mayweather beating GGG by doing a marathon as he'd too scared to actually fight

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:52 am

GGG would not beat Manny at the same weight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrff Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:33 am

GGG is 5 weight divisions above Mannys peak...yeah he'd probably win.

Scottrff

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:33 am

superflyweight wrote:
AdamT wrote:

What's up, Truss?  No bites first time round so having another go?

Yawn..

Please feel free to check...Aliases are bannable offences..if there are any mods out there.

Or don't....Not bothered either way..

Not sure anyone else is... Now go and ask Julius what he had for breakfast.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:38 am

Scottrff wrote:GGG is 5 weight divisions above Mannys peak...yeah he'd probably win.

Not in a hypothetical head to head, if they were the same weight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 Mar 2018, 2:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
AdamT wrote:

What's up, Truss?  No bites first time round so having another go?

Yawn..

Please feel free to check...Aliases are bannable offences..if there are any mods out there.

Or don't....Not bothered either way..

Not sure anyone else is... Now go and ask Julius what he had for breakfast.

Three shredded wheat and a packet of clenbuterol

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Mar 2018, 3:19 pm

You might find using Sudafed a bit cheaper..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 Mar 2018, 3:31 pm

Probably, but the shredded wheat has more fibre.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 24 Mar 2018, 1:40 pm

NSAC really under the microscope here. After GBP were allowed to control the narrative (releasing only part of the results) the second, earlier failed test (highlighting levels ten times higher than the second) suggests a long-term ban is in order.

Unfortunately, Canelo is Golden Boy (accounting for the vast majority of their income) and so has long been deemed too important to fail. He invented his own weight class, has got away with murder in terms of playing the system, always has the judges in his pocket and will likely walk away from this Scott free.

Ring Mag's position will also be interesting. They stripped Luis Nery for the same transgression. The diminishing reputation of that publication - along with the NSAC - hangs on what they do next.

And what a position for Golovkin to be in. After being avoided for much of his career, he now faces his biggest opportunity knowing his opponent is above the law. He knows he needs a knockout. He also knows the guy he has to render unconscious is juiced to the gills.

A sorry mess all round.

Last edited by hazharrison on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 27 Mar 2018, 2:47 pm

Bob Arum has likened the "contaminated meat" excuse to "The dog ate my homework".

Sadly, despite it looking like Canelo has been raiding the sweet trolley, there's so much money surrounding him that it's unlikely that anything will happen.

It's very sad that things like this are happening in boxing. Nothing ever seems to be done. Povetkin is the WBA no 1 contender, Ortiz just had a WBC title shot and Browne was in a recent bout with the WBC no1. It's utter madness.

If it was down to me all the drugs cheats in boxing should be banned from the sport for 5 years minimum.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Tue 27 Mar 2018, 5:08 pm

HBO has removed the fight from their listings

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 30 Mar 2018, 6:36 am

Andrade is available but Sanchez won’t fight Demetrius for now

O’Sullivan much better suited style wise and Golovkin has his eye on unifying with Saunders who won’t be ready to fill by May 5th Canelo’s shoes

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 31 Mar 2018, 4:28 pm

Something tells me that May 5th is NOT going to go ahead.

https://fightnews.com/nsac-executive-director-canelo-guilty/18005

Unfortuantely what this also infers is that he will likely be free to fight again in September, which makes this whole thing a total farce. Any PED user in boxing should get 5 years out of the game.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 15 May 2018, 6:45 am

hazharrison wrote:NSAC really under the microscope here. After GBP were allowed to control the narrative (releasing only part of the results) the second, earlier failed test (highlighting levels ten times higher than the second) suggests a long-term ban is in order.

Unfortunately, Canelo is Golden Boy (accounting for the vast majority of their income) and so has long been deemed too important to fail. He invented his own weight class, has got away with murder in terms of playing the system, always has the judges in his pocket and will likely walk away from this Scott free.

Ring Mag's position will also be interesting. They stripped Luis Nery for the same transgression. The diminishing reputation of that publication - along with the NSAC - hangs on what they do next.

And what a position for Golovkin to be in. After being avoided for much of his career, he now faces his biggest opportunity knowing his opponent is above the law. He knows he needs a knockout. He also knows the guy he has to render unconscious is juiced to the gills.

A sorry mess all round.

So, Ring Magazine decided NOT to strip Canelo. Well, the new publisher decided not to (Stefan Friedman - long-time advisor to Oscar De la Hoya) after the ratings panel voted to strip him (Friedman overruled). What a shambles of a situation. Also, Canelo has declined to enter VADA testing until the Golovkin rematch has been signed. What does that tell you?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:37 pm

Drug Cheat Canelo vs GGG happening September 15th

Win-Win for GGG either win or lose to a drug cheat Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BoomBoomBaby Fri 15 Jun 2018, 4:29 pm

I would of preferred GGG vs Saunders to be honest. I used to like Canelo but can't say I'm a fan anymore. Irks me the way he get's special treatment...gets busted for drugs and punished with 6 months off and a huge fight! Really hope triple G get the KO this time!

BoomBoomBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 15 Jun 2018, 5:31 pm

Have to agree with Boom Boom. I for one would LOVE GGG to drop a humdinger on Canelo and see him fall like a Saturday night drunkard that's been poleaxed by an angry bouncer. I would like to see De La Hoya smarm his way out of that one...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 21 Jun 2018, 9:05 pm

I haven't watched a fight since the last GGG v Canelo fight, I was so put off by the scorecards. Hope GGG finds a way to win (again).

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 13 Sep 2018, 12:25 pm

GGG trolling Canelo already by saying you can see the needle marks on him Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 13 Sep 2018, 4:09 pm

Oscar de la Hoya didn't bother tuning up to the final press conference. Canelo refused to do the usual face off at the final press conference. Seems petty considering Alvarez was the one doping. Hoping GGG lays waste to the Mexican

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 14 Sep 2018, 10:11 am

BT box office what a joke this fight would have been on Boxnation a few years ago now we’ve got to pay ppv on top

First fight was rubbish might give this one a miss

Mildly intriguing fight-will Canelo be the same fighter will he be as strong will his stamina be the same etc

Fans know he won’t be fighting a Mexican fight this time so will they appreciate his work more?

Or will they score for the aggressor again even if he isn’t landing anything?

Canelo did the better bodywork first fight so maybe that something Golovkin could do more of himself

Golovkin tends to get a little frustrated when he can’t land and looks a bit 1D. Chavez was methodical and never looked flustered just calm and relentless working that body

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 14 Sep 2018, 2:54 pm

I would really like Golovkin to do a number on Alvarez and shut him and his team up. I hate cheats in any sport, but the way boxing cheats are handled REALLY winds me up. The statement it sends is "Don't worry about cheating - we've got enough money to make everyone think it's ok".

As much as I want this to happen, I am not entirely convinced that it will. I reckon a close but unanimous decision for Golovkin as Alvarez can't find quite as much "stamina" as last time. Think Golovkin will also go to the body more. Pretty sure there won't be a knockout though as both fighters' chins are renowned for being pretty sturdy.

Heart would love a beat-down and an 8th round KO for Golovkin, but it'll be a UD for him according to my less flamboyant head boxing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Fri 14 Sep 2018, 10:17 pm

Really hoping GGG comes out on top in this fight. He avoided Canelo's body last time round which was the biggest surprise for me as its such a strength of Golovkin's.

If GGG sticks to his strengths, fights his own fight & doesnt just go head hunting Canelo he takes it. If the fight takes the same path as the last one I feel Canelo will nick it on points unfortunately..
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next