The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

3 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 7 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Sun Apr 08 2018, 23:36

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast Tue Jun 01 2021, 07:09

With help of loan signings an outstanding win v York on Sunday. I very nearly went however having seen the COVID numbers in Leicestershire and Bradford decided against it, highlights below. It has to be said some "soft" defence. What it does not show is a superb try saving tackle by Joe Brown chasing down Keiron Dixon which does not happen very often.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Wed Jun 02 2021, 14:02

2 very impressive results, showing if you can keep it up you should be in with a shout for the play offs. 
My only concern for you at the moment would be if you got injuries. 

Also great seeing you back at odsal.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu Jun 03 2021, 05:00

Some fans have said that the pitch was narrower than before. Was this true or were they imaging it?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Jun 06 2021, 18:00

George Hotel1895 wrote:Some fans have said that the pitch was narrower than before. Was this true or were they imaging it?

That is correct, this and for today's game the pitch will be 2 (or 3?) metres narrower that the minimum. James Ford had a few things to say, it is not at all ideal however York and London boards (credit to them) agreed it and it did not seemingly affect the quality of rugby last week. Bradford train at Tong so they will have had the same process of preparing so I don't see any particular advantage.

Newcastle at home this afternoon, only one win this year so far but they have a good squad so I expect a difficult game.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Jun 13 2021, 19:27

After a poor first half Bulls overcame a strong Newcastle side 31 - 12, harsh I have to say on the visitors.

Bad news comes in 3's;

Danny Brough is out for 3 months having torn his bicep away from the bone. Massive blow in general play and a 93% goal kicking rate for the season.

Aaron Murphy is out (not as serious, tricep)

The loan players who is fitted in so well have been recalled by their clubs due to COVID concerns which have seen SL games postponed.

Featherstone away this afternoon, tough ask. Just hoping for a better showing the the CC Cup game.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon Jun 14 2021, 04:22

Team received a good hiding at Fev this afternoon who showed why they are (with Toulouse) miles ahead of the rest of the Championship.

Not many are going to win at Fev so not a disaster however concerning injuries particularly Ebon Scurr, stretched off and on the way to hospital.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed Jun 16 2021, 23:36

The Beast wrote:Team received a good hiding at Fev this afternoon who showed why they are (with Toulouse) miles ahead of the rest of the Championship.

Not many are going to win at Fev so not a disaster however concerning injuries particularly Ebon Scurr, stretched off and on the way to hospital.
A reality check i would say, but sometimes positives come out of these heavy defeats and certainly focuses players minds for the next game

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Jun 20 2021, 13:03

Don't know the reason behind this weekend's game (other than covid protocols),being cancelled. 
But how do you feel about it beast? 
In my opinion would rather have got it out the way, especially after the defeat last week. 
Otherwise so far been a good season for Bradford.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Jun 20 2021, 19:38

Luke wrote:Don't know the reason behind this weekend's game (other than covid protocols),being cancelled. 
In my opinion would rather have got it out the way, especially after the defeat last week. 

Yes COVID and part time players otherwise having to quarantine for 10 days is the reason. The game won't be replayed as there are no additional free weekend slots, I have to say whilst disappointing and Bradford won there in 2019 it is very likely this is a lucky break with regard to the league ladder.

Danny Brough confirmed as being out for 10 weeks following surgery to re-connect his bicep to the bone. I am expecting news of a loan signing this week, Lilley & Pickergill in the halves just does not work, this ahead of a very important game v Widnes next week. Rumours of Joe Keyes, Olly Wilson (Hudds) and Rangi Chase (just released by West Wales) in the air (not excited about the last one in honesty, no).

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon Jun 21 2021, 00:20

The Beast wrote:
Luke wrote:Don't know the reason behind this weekend's game (other than covid protocols),being cancelled. 

Yes COVID and part time players otherwise having to quarantine for 10 days is the reason.  The game won't be replayed as there are no additional free weekend slots, I have to say whilst disappointing and Bradford won there in 2019 it is very likely this is a lucky break with regard to the league ladder.

Danny Brough confirmed as being out for 10 weeks following surgery to re-connect his bicep to the bone.  I am expecting news of a loan signing this week, Lilley & Pickergill in the halves just does not work, this ahead of a very important game v Widnes next week.  Rumours of Joe Keyes, Olly Wilson (Hudds) and Rangi Chase (just released by West Wales) in the air (not excited about the last one in honesty, no).

I just hope next season things can return to normal as I'm really cheesed off with games being called off

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Jun 27 2021, 18:44

Widnes today, important game and a difficult one at that. Bulls without Brough, Dawson-Jones, Levy Nzounngou and due to isolating Tom Doyle (Hooker) and thus a very "youthful" squad. Not sure who will be in the halves with Jordan Lilley, up to now Brandon Pickergill is not working.

Joe Keyes is coming in from Hull KR on loan from Monday, initially the standard 2 weeks.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun Jul 04 2021, 05:01

With Fev absoluly tanking London at half time today Fev and Toulouse are the 2 outstanding side in the Championship

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon Jul 05 2021, 02:38

George Hotel1895 wrote:With Fev absoluly tanking London at half time today Fev and Toulouse are the 2 outstanding side in the Championship

Looking forward to seeing them meet, they are miles ahead of the rest of the division. Fev have score tries in bunches, very hard to beat.

The Beast

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon Jul 05 2021, 02:44

Important win today v Batley on the back of a 24 - 0 first half performance. Second half, pretty average in honesty.

Injury concerns to Aaron Murphy and Jordan Lilley but a very good result after last weeks' loss to Widnes.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Jul 05 2021, 11:03

An important win, especially given that without Brough you've been poor. Plus it's  good to get a win against a play off rival.
Luke
Luke

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue Jul 06 2021, 04:44

Luke wrote:An important win, especially given that without Brough you've been poor. Plus it's  good to get a win against a play off rival.

Yes, an important factor was Joe Keyes, as John Kear mentioned different game with two halves in the side. Fingers crossed Jordan Lilley will be OK.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Jul 06 2021, 05:51

In my opinion Bradford need to blood as many youngsters as possible and at the same time still make the play offs. It's a balancing act i know, but now is the time to start preparing for next season, when in my opinion the Championship won't be as strong with either Fev or Toulouse in super league

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu Jul 08 2021, 05:42

Confirmed that Jordan Lilley will be out for 4 - 6 weeks, fractured rib. Good news is that Joe Keyes will be staying (at least until KR want him back) but still lacking in the halves.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu Jul 08 2021, 07:28

Can't see Rovers calling him back, we have 3 half ahead of him, and Takairangi can play there. So hopefully will do well for you.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Jul 27 2021, 01:11

Luke wrote:Can't see Rovers calling him back, we have 3 half ahead of him, and Takairangi can play there. So hopefully will do well for you.
The experience will do him good and improve his game

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue Jul 27 2021, 03:32

Excellent game v Fev but ultimately defeat. Bad news that it looks like Joe Keyes will miss the crucial Fax away game. I assume they will need to recall Matty Race on loan at North Wales who whilst is not ready is the only remaining half back at the club.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Jul 27 2021, 07:42

The Beast wrote:Excellent game v Fev but ultimately defeat.  Bad news that it looks like Joe Keyes will miss the crucial Fax away game.  I assume they will need to recall Matty Race on loan at North Wales who whilst is not ready is the only remaining half back at the club.
The last i heard was the RFL are bringing in a reserve league next season, which will help clubs cover for injuries and suspentions. They was going to bring it in this season, but covid put an end to that

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Aug 01 2021, 18:15

Fax away today, tough game Jordan Lilley will have a late fitness test, personally yes it is an important game but I am not sure I would risk it. Granted otherwise no half-backs. John Kear explaining that Matty Race has not played for the club for 500 days hence his loan to the Crusaders.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Yesterday at 05:50

A much better outcome than I expected but still a defeat. A late try wins it for Fax, well played. Given the nature of the side who played for me had they hung on it would have been win of the season, hey ho.

Less good news Hull KR have recalled Joe Keyes.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum