The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher

+5
super_realist
GPB
robopz
NedB-H
kwinigolfer
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jun 2018, 8:02 pm

1).No, nothing to do with the National Basketball Association Memphis Grizzlies, but a reflection of the field for this week's FedEx St.Jude Classic to be played at Memphis's TPC Southwind course.
Following the Byron Nelson tournament we identified the strongest and weakest fields of the "regular season" events this year so far. Revised lists as measured in winners' owgr points earned:
Strongest:
Memorial (70), Riviera (62), Quail Hollow & Phoenix (60), Bay Hill (58).
Weakest:
Byron Nelson (34), Memphis (36), Valero, Texas (40) & Career Builder (40).

2).But Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Stenson & Phil will be there, whilst Kiradech adds his personality to the proceedings.

3).Personality seems to be deficient in last week's young guns "Mad Scientist" DeChambeau and slowpoke Cantlay, but they, with Ben An, Kyle Stanley and Joaquin Niemann certainly outplayed a more celebrated posse that was chasing them through Muirfield Village, yet never really looked like catching them.  
Well done to BDeC, not my cup of tea from early observation but that's his second win and he'll be tough to keep off the Ryder Cup team.
Automatic US qualifiers are currently: Reed, Thomas, DJ, Spieth, Koepka, Fowler, Bubba, BDeC.

4).The worst golf-related news to come out of Ohio last week was the car accident that injured Bud Cauley; sounds a frightening affair, car airborne etc, and Cauley (one of Justin Thomas's best mates) may have been fortunate to escape with leg and rib injuries, plus a collapsed lung. He hasn't had much luck with health since bursting on the scene in 2011 & 2012, including missing all of 2015. He'll qualify for the Play-Offs and is assured of his 2018/19 card without worrying about medical extension, so is at least under no pressure to return too early.

5).You could make a pretty decent tournament with the hundreds of competitors slogging thru US Open qualifying - glad to see Adam Scott make it and he continues his Major Championship streak of 67 consecutive Majors at Shinnecock, and will presumably extend it at Carnoustie, Bellerive (PGA) and Augusta National - but get in the owgr Top 60 for next May, Adam.
Happy to see Lowry & Knox, Keegan & Stricker, Beef & Thunderbear among those destined for Shinnecock.
Tiger Woods is spending the US Open week on his yacht but no word yet if he's inviting Shane and other Europeans round for a few pies and a few more pints.

6).OK, Back to Memphis. No strong feelings on this week's likely contenders but Koepka (2nd & 3rd on his CV), Dustin (won in 2012), Berger (won 2016, 2017) and Phil (Top 12 the past 5 years) must be the four favourites. I'm hoping Billy Horschel will get out of bed on the right side and continue his recent good form and decent course record.

7).Lastly, something completely different:
Good luck to Leona Maguire, from County Cavan, who begins her pro career after a distinguished four years on the Duke University golf team. Very popular there and hoping she enjoys a fine LPGA career.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by NedB-H Wed 06 Jun 2018, 9:00 pm

Cheers Kwini clap

Am I right in thinking that there are two Maguire sisters? Or have I confused Leona with someone else entirely.

Don't mind BdC myself, he has his moments and he's never going to be a Freddie or Fowler fan favourite but he's certainly a different personality to most identikit pros. Seems to be by turns pseudo-intellectual, weirdly obsessive or completely daft. The most likely sportsman to be undiagnosed Asperger's since Jack Russell?

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by robopz Wed 06 Jun 2018, 9:38 pm

T.J. Vogel Monday qualifies for a sixth time this season... Ties the record for a single season since the advent of the Monday 4-spotter....

https://twitter.com/PGATOURCanada/status/1004353057558126592?s=19

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jun 2018, 10:20 pm

NedB-H wrote:Cheers Kwini clap

Am I right in thinking that there are two Maguire sisters? Or have I confused Leona with someone else entirely.

Don't mind BdC myself, he has his moments and he's never going to be a Freddie or Fowler fan favourite but he's certainly a different personality to most identikit pros. Seems to be by turns pseudo-intellectual, weirdly obsessive or completely daft. The most likely sportsman to be undiagnosed Asperger's since Jack Russell?

Yup, both Leona & Lisa (twins I think) playing this week in New Joysey.

Great description of BdC; but is he a good artist?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jun 2018, 10:23 pm

robopz wrote:T.J. Vogel Monday qualifies for a sixth time this season... Ties the record for a single season since the advent of the Monday 4-spotter....

https://twitter.com/PGATOURCanada/status/1004353057558126592?s=19

Glad you mentioned TJ; he's building quite the Patrick Reed resume, just got to turn some of his appearances into top finishes. Incidentally, Reed seems to have significantly curtailed his schedule since getting a new jacket; perhaps he's lining up a heavy overseas summer calendar with beaucoup in appearance money?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 06 Jun 2018, 11:54 pm

I like DeChapeau but I can see  where golf fans might think he is the spawn of FIGJAM.  He seems very patronizing and plays up to a camera.  But I like the way he plays golf, shades of Moe Norman  (who was very much on the Asperger's spectrum).
There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Speaking of Moe Norman, I found this at pga-com.

https://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/secrets-of-moe-normans-swing

Watched most of the final round of the 1986 US Open at Shinnec0ck this morning on youtube.  It was probably my favorite US Open.  9 or 10 players were in the lead (or tied) at one point in final round.

Jim McKay, Dave Marr in the booth, Peter Alliss and Jack Whitaker doing relief work.  Bob Rosburg, Ed Sneed, and Judy Rankin were the foot soldiers.  Hard to believe that Judy is still doing broadcasting after 32+ years.

I enjoy watching the full repeats of these old tournaments.  Its kind of like opening a time capsule.  There was NO references to the 7th hole as a "Redan" hole.  The graphics and announcing didn't jive.  Alliss made reference to Nicklaus being on the 8th hole while the on screen graphics made it clear he was on the night.

At the 8 min 8 sec spot in the video below:

Peter Alliss wrote:Sandy Lyle, British Open Champion, finished with a 72 today"

Cued up at the 8 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/8wRvVts81CU?t=480

================

Reed is going to need to play some add'l PGA Tour events to get releases to play Euro events to keep his EuroTour Card.  Non Euro players get three free releases plus an additional release for every 5 events after 15 events.  Patrick has not played any of his 5 regular EuroT events yet.  (yet he is still 2nd in the RtD)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jun 2018, 3:13 pm

See also posting on robo's 2018/2019 PGA Tour Schedule:

Reports from Golf Channel this morning that the Minneapolis/St.Paul area will take the pre-US Open slot that Memphis has occupied for the past decade or so, with the Memphis tournament now elevated to WGC status and destined for late July/Early August.
Bridgestone, and Firestone CC, leaves the PGA Tour circuit but reappears as a Champions Tour venue.

Suitably warm at TPC Southwind this moprning with temps likely to reach the 90's by the time the early starters finish their rounds.
Scoring a bit for lukewarm though, all 72 golfers currently on the course within 6 strokes of each other - that'll change as TPC Southwind always ranks towards the top of the "water ball" rankings. Not sure that's something to be proud of, just reporting.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 07 Jun 2018, 4:51 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Suitably warm at TPC Southwind this moprning with temps likely to reach the 90's by the time the early starters finish their rounds.
Scoring a bit for lukewarm though, all 72 golfers currently on the course within 6 strokes of each other - that'll change as TPC Southwind always ranks towards the top of the "water ball" rankings. Not sure that's something to be proud of, just reporting.

Never understood why Southwind got so many water balls. I have played Southwind several times and been to the tournaments several other times. Water is simply not in play (IMO) that often to get the "Most water balls" moniker. Guess 156 players is one possible explanation and there is a lot of low ranked players in the field. #3, #9, #11, #12, #18 are really the only holes were water is really in play, IMO.

There is water on #4, #14, and #15 but it really takes a horrible shot to be in the water on those holes.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 07 Jun 2018, 6:38 pm

The PGA might be the best tour, but my goodness there's a lot of "meh" events as the yanks would say. This being one of them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jun 2018, 7:57 pm

super_realist wrote:The PGA might be the best tour, but my goodness there's a lot of "meh" events as the yanks would say. This being one of them.

Have to say that I'm a great fan of the relatively "smaller" (everything's relative) events which are as much community celebrations as galactico sporting events - it was Mark Brooks whose first three wins were the Greater Slam, of Hartford, Greensboro & Milwaukee - just wish the Tour could find a better way of populating the field. I'll be at The Travelers in two weeks and that couldn't be a much more fun tournament to be at even if its "strength of field" might leave something to be desired

As it is, Ireland's Seamus Power ain't complaining as he takes the early lead in Memphis. Koepka & Phil tied for second and plenty of other good names (and Padraig) rising to the top.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jun 2018, 11:38 am

US Open tee-times:

http://www.usopen.com/tee-times.html

Forecast next week still looking good, almost cool temps for mid-June, and not much chance of rain. USGA might need to put some coins in their water meter.

High light groups (or lowlight, whichever way you look at such things) include these Major winners:

Oosthuizen, Walker, Rose

Bubba, Day, Koepka

Zach, Charl, Reed

Rory, Spieth, Phil

DJ, Thomas, Tont

Stenson, Scott, Kaymer

And the best of the wannabes:

Hideki, Fowler, Leishman

BDeC, Fitz, Kooch

Tommy F, Noren Franny

And Espana:

Sergio, Rafa, Rahm

Last edited by kwinigolfer on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:43 pm

#3 Justin Rose got a under-the-radar pairing.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:50 pm

GPB wrote:#3 Justin Rose got a under-the-radar pairing.

Strong threesome I'd say; under-the-radar probably suits all three.

I don't see any of the more quirky USGA groupings; bombers perhaps, Finau, List, Woodland, but nothing else sticks out.
Too bad Goosen didn't get a call-up.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:21 pm

No "Fatty" group (Shane-Barnrat-Beef)

There is a Spanish Group (Rahm-Sergio-RCB)

Wrestling Triple H group (Haas-Hoffman-Howell)

All GT YellowJacket group (Ollie, Werenski, Castro)  

Grand Slam group (Stenson, Scott, Kaymer)

All Longhorns (Ghim, Vegas, Fritelli)

List, Finau, Woodland is a bomber group.

And they did put Beef in the same group as Berger. (Not sure how Chappell fits in with that group)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:30 pm

All English... Hatton, Willett Poulter

Beef & Berger (and Chappell)

Forearm Anchors - DeChambeau & Kuchar (+Fitzpatrick)

Fowler's Foils - Matsuyama (WMPO), Leishman (BMW Championship)

3H Club - Howell, Haas, Hoffman

3 Amigos - Garcia, Rahm, Bello

U.S. Open Huh? Really? They did? - Glover, Webb, GMac

Captains Club - Els, Stricker, Furyk

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:39 pm

Mmmmm.

Curtis Cup this weekend at Quaker Ridge, NY.
GB&I defending.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm

And the Three Legged Pairing

(Rory-Jordan-Phil)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:57 pm

Talking about withdrawals, as we were in the context of US Open qualifying, I see that John Daly has w/d'd from this week @ Memphis.
What a worthless gesture offering him an invite always seems to turn out to be (just possible I suppose that he was in on "merit", but improbable). Wasted talent, complete and utter berk. Withdrew from his last two Senior events also.

GPB,
I like the fact that Phil has empathetic company!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jun 2018, 2:57 pm

Double eagles by JB Holmes, consecutive too!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jun 2018, 7:15 pm

Better scoring, at least for the leaders in Round 2.
Round 1's best score was Seamus Power's 65, but Sneedeker has delivered a 62, DJ a 63 to take the lead, and there are some 64's also.

Important afternoons for Lowry & Power.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 09 Jun 2018, 5:28 pm

Talking of shot-clock masters, the first pair out at Memphis have barely broken four hours, so slow that Harrington, in the day's penultimate pair, was right on their tails until he pulled his tee shot on 18 into the drink.
I still think the best way to put a bullet up the arses of slowcoaches is a form of public shaming.
For instance: Place the slowest players at the back of the field for Thursday & Friday - regardless of whether it's Cantlay or Day, or Journeyman Joe Blow.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sat 09 Jun 2018, 6:29 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Talking about withdrawals, as we were in the context of US Open qualifying, I see that John Daly has w/d'd from this week @ Memphis.
What a worthless gesture offering him an invite always seems to turn out to be (just possible I suppose that he was in on "merit", but improbable). Wasted talent, complete and utter berk. Withdrew from his last two Senior events also.

GPB,
I like the fact that Phil has empathetic company!
Daly posted on Facebook that his knee “popped out” and is now painfully swollen and impossible to walk on. I’d like to see you play a full round of golf on an injured knee. I’ve met the man, he is charming and very approachable and not at all full of his own importance. I won’t hear a word against him.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 09 Jun 2018, 6:41 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Talking about withdrawals, as we were in the context of US Open qualifying, I see that John Daly has w/d'd from this week @ Memphis.

Daly posted on Facebook that his knee “popped out” and is now painfully swollen and impossible to walk on. I’d like to see you play a full round of golf on an injured knee. I’ve met the man, he is charming and very approachable and not at all full of his own importance. I won’t hear a word against him.

Not sure whether this was tongue in cheek or not!
But if he's not fit, he shouldn't be taking a spot from someone else; tho' to be fair it wouldn't be a young golfing whippersnapper, more a fellow geriatric squeezing out benefits from a hey day he can scarcely remember.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sat 09 Jun 2018, 9:32 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:

Not sure whether this was tongue in cheek or not!
But if he's not fit, he shouldn't be taking a spot from someone else; tho' to be fair it wouldn't be a young golfing whippersnapper, more a fellow geriatric squeezing out benefits from a hey day he can scarcely remember.
This is what he said: “‪Sadly on 16 my 7th hole of the day my knee popped & swelled up.  Almost left after 9 holes but fought thru on back 9 iced iced iced rest of day & nite swelling never went down!  Really sucks MRI again Monday morning”. So he was part way through his round and therefore not taking a spot from someone else. Cut the chap some slack, I think he’s been great for the game as he’s a character and not one of the faceless clones we see these days. I’m hoping to see him tee up at the Senior Open at St Andrews next month, the scene of his triumph over Costantino Rocca OK
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 10 Jun 2018, 1:33 pm

Hopefully England won't find an excuse to add Gascoigne to its World Cup squad.

Meanwhile, Dustin Johnson and Andrew Putnam have separated themselves from the Memphis field, DJ presumably on his way back to Numero Uno, though who knows whether he really cares about that.

Seamus Power & Shane Lowry can do themselves some good; presumably we won't see much of Lowry in the US after, perhaps, The Travelers, but good results these next three weeks (incl today) could still earn him a Play-Off spot and a Tour card for 18/19 - and it would be just like him to play well @ Shinnecock.

Power let things slip late on Saturday (as Lowry also did), but he'll play almost every week thru the end of the season and a Top Ten here would get him back inside the Top 125. And a repeat of his Thursday 65 could see him close to retaining his card for next season.

Still a benign forecast for Shinnecock; can't help thinking that a little "weather" might make things more entertaining.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 10 Jun 2018, 2:37 pm

GB&I getting spanked in the Curtis Cup at Quaker Ridge - not sure why Maguire & Maguire wouldn't have postponed their voyage to the pro ranks for just another week.
As it is, Golf Channel show Leona's country as "Duke University". Not sure how that works; perhaps it's the only way to get a green card these days? Tariffs should be applied by Ireland.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 10 Jun 2018, 10:54 pm

Some way to return to Number One: Eagle!!
Beat 3rd place by 10 strokes. Love it.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 10 Jun 2018, 11:51 pm

He even smiled..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:38 am

pedro wrote:He even smiled..

Between yawns . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 Jun 2018, 7:40 am

kwinigolfer wrote:GB&I getting spanked in the Curtis Cup at Quaker Ridge - not sure why Maguire & Maguire wouldn't have postponed their voyage to the pro ranks for just another week.
As it is, Golf Channel show Leona's country as "Duke University". Not sure how that works; perhaps it's the only way to get a green card these days? Tariffs should be applied by Ireland.

Thank goodness the men don't put those stupid flags on their cheeks in the Ryder and Walker cups.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 11 Jun 2018, 8:53 am

kwinigolfer wrote:

Between yawns . . .
Watched the interview with DJ on 18. Can't figure out if he sounded boring, stupid or stoned.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:18 pm

LGU and R&A should consider added Europe to the Curtis Cup Team.

17-3 and a Singles Sweep is domination. Only one of the 16 matches won by USA went to the 18th hole. (two halves)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:51 pm

GPB wrote:LGU and R&A should consider added Europe to the Curtis Cup Team.

17-3 and a Singles Sweep is domination.  Only one of the 16 matches won by USA went to the 18th hole.  (two halves)

GB&I won last time; do you think Canada & Mexico should have been added to the US team. Turned out you wouldn't have needed them, but perhaps next time our best amateur won't turn pro the week before.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Jun 2018, 1:21 pm

Six more qualifiers for US Open:
Ben An & Grillo via owgr qualification.
Evans, Hoshino, Piercy & Potter via alternate route. Not sure who's on deck for next alternate should there be a further withdrawal.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 11 Jun 2018, 2:08 pm

pedro wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:

Between yawns . . .
Watched the interview with DJ on 18. Can't figure out if he sounded boring, stupid or stoned.
All three?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 11 Jun 2018, 3:22 pm

A lot of chat about backstopping and particularly walkers admission that he does do it to aid some partners but how often does it actually help a player?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 11 Jun 2018, 4:40 pm

McLaren wrote:A lot of chat about backstopping and particularly walkers admission that he does do it to aid some partners but how often does it actually help a player?
Really? He said that? What a plumb. He's supposed to be protecting the field.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Jun 2018, 4:52 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:A lot of chat about backstopping and particularly walkers admission that he does do it to aid some partners but how often does it actually help a player?
Really? He said that? What a plumb. He's supposed to be protecting the field.

Agreed, it's happening increasingly and can't help anyone in the long run, least of all the integrity of the game. Walker's a hypocrite, they're so holier than thou about the rules . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon 11 Jun 2018, 5:18 pm

Here’s what Walker said:
PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher Ed446110PGA Tour: Memphis Grizzly: Notes from the Ballwasher Ca0bb310

I like Walker normally, and at least he’s come out and been honest about what goes on. But absolutely it shouldn’t happen.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 11 Jun 2018, 7:59 pm

Maybe Kris Blanks should have marked his ball before Leif Olson hit his shot.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon 11 Jun 2018, 8:19 pm

Not seen that before, much better than Oosthuizen at Augusta.
It’s not really an example of the issue though, the problem is shots around the green that have a high probability of going close past the hole. No one expects you to mark a tee shot when you have the honour, but if you’ve stiffed an approach and your partner is in the green side bunker you should.
I’ve seen arguments that it would just slow down play further - rubbish on two counts. Firstly marking your ball takes ten seconds and no pro has ever hit a chip that quickly - either it’s tough and you’re weighing up the options, or it’s easy in which case you’re reading the line. And secondly, EVERYONE on tour marks their ball for anything outside of six inches. So if you’re going to mark it later, you’re not wasting any time by marking it now instead.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 11 Jun 2018, 8:32 pm

Marking your ball might take 10 seconds, but if you are hitting your third shot on a par 5 (and stiff it) from 65 yds and your playing competitor is already at the green ready to hit a chip shot, he will be waiting a minute or so for him to mark the ball.

And if has got the Austrian Shot Clock officials, what is he gonna do?

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 11 Jun 2018, 8:48 pm

Would you walk to the green before your playing partner has hit his approach shot? Sounds a bit hypothetical.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 Jun 2018, 9:13 pm

If your playing partner is playing from an opposite fairway and you're not in their line of sight, there's no point waiting is there?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 11 Jun 2018, 9:14 pm

You have never seen a golfer at the green while his playing competitor is 50-60 yards back?

skeptical

Do you think Smylie Kaufman on the ANGC's 12th hole was hanging on the other side of Rae's creek while Spieth was chunking his 2nd ball into the water back in 2016?

No, he was up at the green looking over his 2nd shot on 12.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 Jun 2018, 9:21 pm

I can't remember Kaufman in 2016. I was too busy laughing at Spieth choking.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon 11 Jun 2018, 9:47 pm

I’m not sure Kaufman has broken 70 since, poor bloke.

I would say 95% of the time I’d wait for my playing partner to walk up to the green roughly together. And for the other five percent when he’s hacking around in a bush, I’d wait at the green before chipping.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Jun 2018, 10:48 pm

Super field taking shape for The Travelers - Rory, Day, Spieth, Thomas, Casey, BDeC, Cantlay, Leishman, Hoffman, Simpson, Reed, Bubba, Shauffele and the rest.
Should be about 54 owgr pts for the winner, which is strong for the week following US Open play.

Expect Smylie Kaufman will be there . . . . . amazing that for all the brand new hotshots, for every Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas, there's a Smylie Kaufman or a Cody Gribble.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 11 Jun 2018, 11:13 pm

20 players this week that played Shinny in 2004.

Phil Mickelson (2nd)
Ernie Els (T9)
Tiger Woods (T17)
Sergio Garcia (T20)
Charles Howell III (T36)
Pat Perez (T40)
Bill Haas (T40)
Zach Johnson (T48)
Jim Furyk (T48)
Chez Reavie (T62)

Missed Cut
Aaron Baddeley
Steve Stricker
Bubba Watson
Brian Gay
Kenny Perry
Ian Poulter
Justin Rose
Eric Axley
Paul Casey
Adam Scott

=============

Mickelson (T4), Els (MC) and Woods (WD) played in 1995

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 12 Jun 2018, 12:51 am

Adam Scott probably missed the cut with Tony Navarro - who were hilarious together. Now he's just dumped David Clark, hired a local caddie who he knows for this week.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next