The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trent Waterhouse to Wire

Go down

Trent Waterhouse to Wire Empty Trent Waterhouse to Wire

Post by BicesterWarrior Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

According to Andy Wilson of the Guardian Waterhouse has agreed to move to Wire ahead of the origionally favoured Stains.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jun/08/sinfield-myler-england-exiles-origin-match

Not being a WUM, but can someone please explain how Wire manage to fit so many players under their salary cap? Laugh

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Trent Waterhouse to Wire Empty Re: Trent Waterhouse to Wire

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:42 am

That's the one question I always ask myself when I see their team sheet. Got some very big name players in their squad, and it only seems to be getting bigger.

Either players are playing for less than they are worth or the books are being cooked.

Could also be the players wife being paid a large sum to work in the gift shop (even though she never has to turn up)!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

Every big name SL player who's coming off contract is linked with them!

Maybe they all take pay cuts to join? Maybe the thought of winning the CC is that big a draw!

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:23 pm

Fair enough they've got a very competitive squad that is more than capable of winning the challenge cup again this year, and probably the grand final.

But what players have they got rid of in the last couple of years? Vinnie Anderson, Richie Mathers and Chris Hicks. But they've brought in Joel Monaghan (WOOF!!) and Brett Hodgson. Don't think either of them will have come cheap.

Plus Solomona, Chris Bridge and Gareth Carvell have all signed extension which will have probably come with a pay increase.

They've got a 26 man squad which features the likes of Matt King, Joel & Michael Monaghan, Lee Briers, Richie Myler, Ben Westwood, Adrian Morley, Ryan Atkins, Mickey Higham and Simon Grix.

Just baffles me that they are under the salary cap but well done if they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down