The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 1:12 pm

Who is the utter scutter here ??

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 1:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:Right, some bloke on a forum won't be subscribing so that's the death knell for the Pro14  Rolling Eyes

More than one.

But do you honestly believe that the hundreds of thousands of people who watch it in the UK will all be buying this channel ?

They actually don't need to as there will be plenty of games still on FTA[/quote]

Only for people who have access to them. Not everybody has a SKY box ect....

There will be 1 game per week on S4c.  Same as there used to be.

Not according to the Pro14 website, round 6&13 do not have games scheduled on S4C. OK

https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/broadcast-schedule/

It was said that there would be plenty of games on FTA (above).  You said only for people who have access as not everyone has a sky box (above).  You've just proven yourself by posting that link that there will be a game on S4C pretty much every week bar two (they didn't show a game every single week previously earlier to be honest).  You don't need a sky box for S4C.  So it will be the same as in previous years.  So which bit are you disagreeing with?  And why?[/quote]

Last edited by The Oracle on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 1:35 pm

Not just on S4C either, FreeSports will be showing FTA games

I think LD showed his hand when he went back and added in his snide little remark about the Irish media, he just seems to like to complain and blame the Irish. It's getting tedious and I'm starting to wonder what his issue really is with the Irish

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 15 Aug 2018, 1:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Thanks for proving my point marty. OK

They are all just a branch of Stetanta.

The Pro14 TV coverage is controlled by the Irish media. But thats a separate debate.

Even by his standards, this is a very "special" comment

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 15 Aug 2018, 1:59 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Laugh

And now the red bar brigade are out without the balls to say why they do not like it. This place is a hoot. Rolling Eyes

How many have said they will pay and how many have said they won’t?

It’ll cost me €26 a month extra to watch it, but I’m willing to pay.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:06 pm

The Oracle wrote:So which bit are you disagreeing with?

The bit where you said S4C will be showing a game every week.

The Oracle wrote:And why?

Because it is not true.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:07 pm

marty2086 wrote:Not just on S4C either, FreeSports will be showing FTA games

I think LD showed his hand when he went back and added in his snide little remark about the Irish media, he just seems to like to complain and blame the Irish. It's getting tedious and I'm starting to wonder what his issue really is with the Irish

What are you accusing me of marty ?

Perhaps this is something the MODS might want to deal with.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:08 pm

Also, for the record, all I am saying is that I was lambasted for predicting people would not subscribe for Premier Sports, and the fact that I have been proven right by people on this very forum.

Yet still people want to attack me on it. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:So which bit are you disagreeing with?

The bit where you said S4C will be showing a game every week.

The Oracle wrote:And why?

Because it is not true.

OK. My point was that S4C would be showing the same amount of games as they currently do. So nothing will change for FTA S4C viewers (like you and me). I said 'every week' as I think of it as every week, but we all know they don't show it EVERY single week. The season is not 52 weeks long for a start. So you're splitting hairs. Very Marty-esque!

So S4C has shown games for most weeks of the season for a number of years. This will continue next season as shown by the link you sent. You don't need a Sky box to get these games. So what exactly are you complaining about? Why will the game now suddenly die? What Sky box are you on about that people will need to get these games?

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:18 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Also, for the record, all I am saying is that I was lambasted for predicting people would not subscribe for Premier Sports, and the fact that I have been proven right by people on this very forum.

No, you said it would be the end of the league in Wales, there is a difference. It doesn't take much foresight to know that not everyone will subscribe, I think it's one thing everyone on here actually agreed on. The issue was the impact it would have on the league long term and whether the trade off of exposure was worth the extra tv revenue

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:24 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Thanks for proving my point marty. OK

They are all just a branch of Stetanta.

The Pro14 TV coverage is controlled by the Irish media. But thats a separate debate.

LD. You’re wrong.  Eir Group company is majority-owned (65%) by Xavier Niel, a French billionaire investor, through his majority owned companies Iliad and NJJ Telecom Europe. Other shareholders in Eir are Anchorage Capital Group and Davidson Kempner with a combined 35.5% share in the company, respectively 26.6% and 8.9%.

Premier Sports is a privately-owned company operating in the UK and its head office in Luxembourg, owned by Michael O’Rourke and others.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:32 pm

The Oracle wrote:OK. My point was that S4C would be showing the same amount of games as they currently do. So nothing will change for FTA S4C viewers (like you and me). I said 'every week' as I think of it as every week, but we all know they don't show it EVERY single week. The season is not 52 weeks long for a start. So you're splitting hairs. Very Marty-esque!

I think it you who is splitting hairs, of course I know that the league is not on for 52 weeks of the year. But I think you have taken your info from another media source who has reported this which is inaccurate. But hey-ho.

The Oracle wrote:So S4C has shown games for most weeks of the season for a number of years. This will continue next season as shown by the link you sent. You don't need a Sky box to get these games. So what exactly are you complaining about? Why will the game now suddenly die? What Sky box are you on about that people will need to get these games?

S4C were showing one game a weekend all last season, either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. I know you do not need a box for S4C, I was not implying that, again something else you are manoeuvring around, I was on about the games on Free Sports, but again, I think you knew this.

This new deal will cause the Pro14 to take a serious hit here in Wales, you might not see it from the hotbed of support in Newport, but it will around the less supported area's. There are a lot of people living outside the 4 areas of the regions, a lot of those people watched the Pro14 on BBC, as they had easy access to it, they might now all start paying £10 a month for the new channel, or they might not, but I can give a pretty confident guess that it will be the latter, and in your heart of hearts, you know this to be true as well.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:35 pm

But they still get the same amount of free games on S4C, LD. What has changed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:39 pm

Premier Sport does not operate in Republic of Ireland - it doesn’t have a license to broadcast in the territory. Its subscriber base is in the UK. It covers a range of sports including motor sport, rugby union, rugby league, soccer. It also has British rights for the majority of GAA games that has a big expat following overseas.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:40 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Also, for the record, all I am saying is that I was lambasted for predicting people would not subscribe for Premier Sports, and the fact that I have been proven right by people on this very forum.

No, you said it would be the end of the league in Wales, there is a difference. It doesn't take much foresight to know that not everyone will subscribe, I think it's one thing everyone on here actually agreed on. The issue was the impact it would have on the league long term and whether the trade off of exposure was worth the extra tv revenue

The trade off is worth it, for the short term. But long term, I think it is a very bad idea. Shortsighted I might suggest. Yes the teams are getting extra revenue now, but the lack of exposure could make a serious dent into the league in the long term, especially in Wales, where most people would rather watch it in their homes, but would rather not pay £10 a month for the privilege. You see, believe it or not, despite what some of the Welsh members on here would have you think, if it came to a trade off between Premier League football on SKY or Pro14 on Premier sport, then people here in Wales would not give up the football, and very few would pay for both. That is damaging to the league, it will be slow, but it will be damaging. It could really feck things up for the Pro14 in Wales, despite what the die hard's on here will firstly, call me, and secondly, tell you.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:44 pm

The Oracle wrote:But they still get the same amount of free games on S4C, LD.  What has changed?  

They will not be getting games on the BBC, that is what has changed, I think you are under estimating the amount of people in Wales who like to sit in the comfort of their own home and watch the rugby on a Friday night, then all talk about it the next day in the club, there are loads of people in my club alone who plumped for that option, they will now be lost to the Pro14.

I think people will now either take it or leave it. I know a lot of people are not prepared to pay the extra tenner a month, no matter how you try and convince me or them otherwise, some people just see it as an extra cost on top of everything else.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:45 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Premier Sport does not operate in Republic of Ireland - it doesn’t have a license to broadcast in the territory.   Its subscriber base is in the UK.  It covers a range of sports including motor sport, rugby union, rugby league, soccer. It also has British rights for the majority of GAA games that has a big expat following overseas.

Is it not the UK version of EIR sports ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

The trade off is worth it, for the short term. But long term, I think it is a very bad idea. Shortsighted I might suggest. Yes the teams are getting extra revenue now, but the lack of exposure could make a serious dent into the league in the long term, especially in Wales, where most people would rather watch it in their homes, but would rather not pay £10 a month for the privilege. You see, believe it or not, despite what some of the Welsh members on here would have you think, if it came to a trade off between Premier League football on SKY or Pro14 on Premier sport, then people here in Wales would not give up the football, and very few would pay for both. That is damaging to the league, it will be slow, but it will be damaging. It could really feck things up for the Pro14 in Wales, despite what the die hard's on here will firstly, call me, and secondly, tell you.

And where is there anything to back up what you are saying?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:46 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Premier Sport does not operate in Republic of Ireland - it doesn’t have a license to broadcast in the territory.   Its subscriber base is in the UK.  It covers a range of sports including motor sport, rugby union, rugby league, soccer. It also has British rights for the majority of GAA games that has a big expat following overseas.

Read on up, this has been explained pretty thoroughly to you

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:51 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Why do I need to back up what I think will happen ? I could be wrong, and everyone in Wales will now bee subscribing to Premier Sport. But I am a realist, I see first hand how popular the Pro14 is in Wales, outside of the hotbeds, it's all a bit of, well, meh. But at least they were watching it on the tele on a Friday night instead of the soaps.

I will try and get a crystal ball, perhaps then I can back it up. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:54 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Why do I need to back up what I think will happen ? I could be wrong, and everyone in Wales will now bee subscribing to Premier Sport. But I am a realist, I see first hand how popular the Pro14 is in Wales, outside of the hotbeds, it's all a bit of, well, meh. But at least they were watching it on the tele on a Friday night instead of the soaps.

I will try and get a crystal ball, perhaps then I can back it up. Rolling Eyes

How many of those you talk of don't have Premier as part of their packages?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 15 Aug 2018, 2:57 pm

Who cares if the odd 'casual fan' doesn't watch it anymore ? What do/did they bring to the table ?

People who don't go to games and won't pay for pro sport aren't a loss.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:05 pm

munkian wrote:Who cares if the odd 'casual fan' doesn't watch it anymore ? What do/did they bring to the table ?

Exactly but how many actually have Premier and FreeSports channels and can and maybe will still tune in? Plenty will have all the channels on their Sky package, more will have FreeSports on freeview boxes, smart tvs too and then even more will have S4C so the availability and exposure is still there.

How many don't go to games because it's easier to sit at home? How many will now go because it's not as easy to view on tv? So there's a real chance it boosts the league further

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:06 pm

munkian wrote:Who cares if the odd 'casual fan' doesn't watch it anymore ? What do/did they bring to the table ?

To quote Jiffy, NUMBERS.

The amount of people watching, from their armchairs will dictate how much money advertisers and sponsors are willing to pay. Thus keeping us on an even keel with our peers, something by the way we are already failing at.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:07 pm

marty2086 wrote:Exactly but how many actually have Premier and FreeSports channels and can and maybe will still tune in? Plenty will have all the channels on their Sky package, more will have FreeSports on freeview boxes, smart tvs too and then even more will have S4C so the availability and exposure is still there.

Premier Sports does not come as part of the SKY package.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:07 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

To quote Jiffy, NUMBERS.

The amount of people watching, from their armchairs will dictate how much money advertisers and sponsors are willing to pay. Thus keeping us on an even keel with our peers, something by the way we are already failing at.

If the numbers matter then why are the Pro14 who get more viewers failing against their peers who don't?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:09 pm

marty2086 wrote:How many of those you talk of don't have Premier as part of their packages?

I can honestly say, that I do not know anybody who has this channel, that might change now, because of the Pro14, but other than the rugby, there is absolutely no reason for people in Wales to have that channel, unless they support Irish sports, or ice hockey.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

To quote Jiffy, NUMBERS.

If the numbers matter then why are the Pro14 who get more viewers failing against their peers who don't?

Do they get more viewers ? I could not answer you on that, as I do not know how true that is. Sorry.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:12 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

To quote Jiffy, NUMBERS.

Yet, as I've once or twice before, we are getting MORE money than the previous deal despite the risk of less viewers.

Free TV is about as relevant to modern sport as you are to these forums.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Exactly but how many actually have Premier and FreeSports channels and can and maybe will still tune in? Plenty will have all the channels on their Sky package, more will have FreeSports on freeview boxes, smart tvs too and then even more will have S4C so the availability and exposure is still there.

Premier Sports does not come as part of the SKY package.

So Premier isn't available on Sky boxes?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

To quote Jiffy, NUMBERS.

Do they get more viewers ? I could not answer you on that, as I do not know how true that is. Sorry.

Typical

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:39 pm

LD, how many of your friends have got Sky? I don't mean the full blown Sky Sports package, but just any old package? And what about you? I have a basic family package without movies or sports. For the Pro14 2018-19 season I will be able to watch 1 game per week free on S4c (apart from 2 weeks where there is a gap for some reason) and 1 game per week free on FreeSports channel 422. I don't need a fancy subscription to do this. That is the same number of free to air games as I used to be able to watch for the past few years. Even if your friends do not have a Sky box I bet some of them have a Freeview box (channel 95)? Or a Freesat box (channel 252)? or TalkTalk or BT tv box (channel 95)?

I doubt there's many of your friends that only have an old fashioned terrestrial tv box that only shows BBC1, 2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. I bet the majority can get S4c AND Freesports through one of the boxes above. So that's 2 games per week, free, to the majority of your friends (at a guess). Perhaps even for you too, LD?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 15 Aug 2018, 5:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

No. Two completely different companies.

EiSport is a subsidiary of Eir Group that provides telephony, mobile and broadband services to Irish subscribers. It is derived from the old state-owned Eircom company similar to BT’s origins.

PremierSport is a PPV provider. It is hiring Sunset & Vine, a well-established production company that produces Programmes for BT, ITV, BBC etc to produce PRO14 games for them. My background is in TV and programme production and sales of rights.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:23 pm

THIS THREAD IS NOW A POLL

Go cast your vote!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:39 pm

clivemcl wrote:THIS THREAD IS NOW A POLL

Go cast your vote!

There are fans in Ireland, Italy and SA, you know.  Sniff!

Just saying.....

Last edited by Pot Hale on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed 15 Aug 2018, 7:44 pm

I'll pay the £10 a month. In my last gaff we had BT broadband and TV including BT Sports but the living room was always in demand so I didn't get to see a lot of sport. Since moving I have my broadband with Virgin for a variety of reasons. Don't know what I'm going to do for Champions Cup matches yet but £10 suits me for the Pro14.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:39 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:I'll pay the £10 a month.  In my last gaff we had BT broadband and TV including BT Sports but the living room was always in demand so I didn't get to see a lot of sport.  Since moving I have my broadband with Virgin for a variety of reasons.  Don't know what I'm going to do for Champions Cup matches yet but £10 suits me for the Pro14.

Looks like Premier Sport have got a good talent line up for the PRO14 in Wales - Shane Williams, Sam Warburton, Ross Harries, Eddie Butler, Martyn Williams, Sean Holley, Wyn Gruffydd, and Lauren Jenkins.

Sunset & Vine will produce all the games (parent company Tinopolis, headquartered in Wales) and have local talent and commentary for games in each of the three UK broadcast territories.

Scottish TV talent to be announced shortly.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:59 pm

Sam Warburton is a cracking pundit. Really eloquent and knowledgeable. And from what I’ve heard of his punditry so far he’s always seemed very balanced and complimentary of the opposition, so seems to keep any bias to a minimum. Shane Williams I quite like too. Not so keen on Holley and Martyn Williams, but hey ho.

Edit: I’m guessing from the names listed that Ross Harries will present the Welsh broadcast and run the studio, Butler and Grufydd will take turns as commentators with the rest as either co-commentators and/or studio guests.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 16 Aug 2018, 8:49 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:I'll pay the £10 a month.  In my last gaff we had BT broadband and TV including BT Sports but the living room was always in demand so I didn't get to see a lot of sport.  Since moving I have my broadband with Virgin for a variety of reasons.  Don't know what I'm going to do for Champions Cup matches yet but £10 suits me for the Pro14.

You have Virgin for your tv? Think Premier is free on there these days

Also if you're with EE for your phone they are offering deals for BT

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 16 Aug 2018, 2:18 pm

The Oracle wrote:Sam Warburton is a cracking pundit. Really eloquent and knowledgeable. And from what I’ve heard of his punditry so far he’s always seemed very balanced and complimentary of the opposition, so seems to keep any bias to a minimum. Shane Williams I quite like too. Not so keen on Holley and Martyn Williams, but hey ho.

Edit: I’m guessing from the names listed that Ross Harries will present the Welsh broadcast and run the studio, Butler and Grufydd will take turns as commentators with the rest as either co-commentators and/or studio guests.

I was hoping that PRO14 coverage moving from BBC Wales would mean an end to the complacent chumminess of Harries, Holley and (Martyn) Williams. Looks like we'll just get it on a different channel instead.
Ho hum.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2018, 2:30 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Sam Warburton is a cracking pundit. Really eloquent and knowledgeable. And from what I’ve heard of his punditry so far he’s always seemed very balanced and complimentary of the opposition, so seems to keep any bias to a minimum. Shane Williams I quite like too. Not so keen on Holley and Martyn Williams, but hey ho.

I was hoping that PRO14 coverage moving from BBC Wales would mean an end to the complacent chumminess of Harries, Holley and (Martyn) Williams. Looks like we'll just get it on a different channel instead.
Ho hum.

Yeah, a freshen up was long overdue.

So how will it work where we have a 'celtic' team playing another celtic team - e.g. televising Ospreys v Ulster or Ulster v Ospreys? Will they use the presenters and pundits from the home side nation (e.g. the above guys if they're showing the Ospreys at home), but will use the Irish guys when Ulster are the home team?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 16 Aug 2018, 2:37 pm

A freshen up is still overdue. Although at least Charlo's gone.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 16 Aug 2018, 2:53 pm

The Oracle wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

Ho hum.

Yeah, a freshen up was long overdue.

So how will it work where we have a 'celtic' team playing another celtic team - e.g. televising Ospreys v Ulster or Ulster v Ospreys?  Will they use the presenters and pundits from the home side nation (e.g. the above guys if they're showing the Ospreys at home), but will use the Irish guys when Ulster are the home team?

Local talent for local presentation I reckon.  That’s the advantage of having one broadcaster/one feed going to local studios for them to preview/analyse.  Don’t know about match commentators - they could localise those as well.   No one outside Ireland has to listen to Subjective Robson’s commentary, and no one outside Wales has to listen to Numbers Jiffy and Horrendous Holley.    Problem solved.  Yahoo
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 16 Aug 2018, 3:28 pm

Jiffy isn't signed up, Holley only does the occasional bit of analysis.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2018, 4:15 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:A freshen up is still overdue. Although at least Charlo's gone.

Yes, I meant it was overdue but unfortunately didn't happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 16 Aug 2018, 4:26 pm

It does make sense from Premier Sports' perspective to take people who have already been doing the job rather than putting together an all-new team, but I was looking forward to seeing the back of some of them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 16 Aug 2018, 4:28 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It does make sense from Premier Sports' perspective to take people who have already been doing the job rather than putting together an all-new team, but I was looking forward to seeing the back of some of them.

Premier Sports has outsourced the local production. It hasn't made decisions on the presenters etc.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 16 Aug 2018, 4:31 pm

Fine, replace Premier Sports with 'outsourced local production teams'. Rolling Eyes

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2018, 5:15 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It does make sense from Premier Sports' perspective to take people who have already been doing the job rather than putting together an all-new team, but I was looking forward to seeing the back of some of them.

Premier Sports has outsourced the local production. It hasn't made decisions on the presenters etc.

Really? Who has then?

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 16 Aug 2018, 5:58 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:A freshen up is still overdue. Although at least Charlo's gone.

Charlo was never going to jump ship, as soon as he had chance to commentate at his beloved Sardis for the Beeb. Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next