The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:07 am

The Ospreys player clearly collapses the maul by going to ground and taking the Edinburgh players feet with him. You don't need other angles for that.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by marty2086 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:52 am

It's clear even though you can't see what's going on at that side of the maul? Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 12:14 pm

Yes it's clear. Maybe this is the angle you need:

Click here

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 12:26 pm

Typical mature and reasoned debate from you, repeatedly saying it's clear doesn't make it so. It may well have been a penalty but given Clancy was on the opposite side to a possible offence he can't penalise, given you've claimed the Ospreys player came round the side when he didn't really shows your grasp of what actually happened

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 12:52 pm

marty2086 wrote:Typical mature and reasoned debate from you, repeatedly saying it's clear doesn't make it so. It may well have been a penalty but given Clancy was on the opposite side to a possible offence he can't penalise, given you've claimed the Ospreys player came round the side when he didn't really shows your grasp of what actually happened

Says the guy who thinks Clancy was refereeing.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 1:39 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Typical mature and reasoned debate from you, repeatedly saying it's clear doesn't make it so. It may well have been a penalty but given Clancy was on the opposite side to a possible offence he can't penalise, given you've claimed the Ospreys player came round the side when he didn't really shows your grasp of what actually happened

That obliterates my point then, mixing up Lacey and Clancy Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Sep 2018, 1:43 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

In your defence they are both absolute Poopie refs.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 1:48 pm

munkian wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

In your defence they are both absolute Poopie refs.

That's exactly how I did mix them up, when I see one of them reffing Ulster I always think not one or the other Erm

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 04 Sep 2018, 2:19 pm

I used to love watching Clancy and Lacey.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 2:27 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I used to love watching Clancy and Lacey.

The stress of officiating at the top has clearly taken it's toll

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Maxres10

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 05 Sep 2018, 2:15 pm

Remember when people were complaining about having to get Premier, Sky and BT. Well......

Channel 4 today announced that it will broadcast Ireland’s autumn rugby internationals for the next four years.

The 2018 RBS Six Nations’ Grand Slam Champions face Argentina, the USA and current World Champions New Zealand in November and all three matches will be shown live on Channel 4.

This is the latest rugby acquisition by Channel 4 which begins a four year deal to show live coverage of every round of Europe’s top club competition, the Heineken Champions Cup, this October.

Joe Blake-Turner Channel 4 Commissioning Editor, Sport, said: “Rugby fans can look forward to a match up between the number one and number two teams in the world.

“And looking beyond 2018, Ireland have some fantastic test matches lined up against the might of the southern hemisphere including Australia and South Africa. We’re absolutely delighted to be able to follow the journey of Europe’s finest team as they take on the world’s best.”

Padraig Power, IRFU Director of Commercial and Marketing said: “The IRFU are delighted to welcome Channel 4 who have a fantastic track-record of sports broadcasting. They join us at an exciting time and we have no doubt that our partnership with them will cover some outstanding rugby moments.”

The four-year deal includes: coverage of two of Ireland’s World Cup warm up matches in 2019 against Italy and Wales; 2020 autumn internationals against Australia, South Africa and another team to be announced; Ireland’s autumn internationals in 2021 against the All Blacks, Argentina and another country yet to be confirmed.

Hopefully some of the other home nations will be on FTA too

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 05 Sep 2018, 2:19 pm

Welsh games were on C4 I believe ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 05 Sep 2018, 2:35 pm

Yeah the summer games were, the AIs may be a different story though for Wales but Fingers Crossed

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 05 Sep 2018, 2:36 pm

Welsh / Scottish home games are on the BBC I think (outside of 6N)

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 05 Sep 2018, 2:41 pm

BamBam wrote:Welsh / Scottish home games are on the BBC I think (outside of 6N)

Summer games were def on C4

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/rugby-union

I assume the 6 nations games will still be on BBC/ITV and possibly s4c
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 05 Sep 2018, 2:51 pm

From memory our WC warmup games are now C4 - our summer tour games were.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2018, 3:03 pm

Welsh AIs are always on BBC Wales. I think that’s continuing. Haven’t heard that it’s stopping. And yes, summer tour was on Channel 4. In fact Channel 4’s first one was Wales v SA in USA in the summer. The USA filming of the game was hilarious! Camera man kept following the players without the ball! Not C4’s fault though I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 05 Sep 2018, 3:04 pm

The Oracle wrote:Welsh AIs are always on BBC Wales. I think that’s continuing. Haven’t heard that it’s stopping. And yes, summer tour was on Channel 4. In fact Channel 4’s first one was Wales v SA in USA in the summer. The USA filming of the game was hilarious! Camera man kept following the players without the ball! Not C4’s fault though I suppose.

Nope, the games in Argentina were much better.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 05 Sep 2018, 3:07 pm

munkian wrote:
BamBam wrote:Welsh / Scottish home games are on the BBC I think (outside of 6N)

Summer games were def on C4

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/rugby-union

I assume the 6 nations games will still be on BBC/ITV and possibly s4c

Yeah tour games not sure but I thought BBC Wales/Scotland had all the home games outside of the 6N guaranteed

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 05 Sep 2018, 4:38 pm

Anyone using the premier sports app and casting to a Chromecast?
If so what's the picture quality like?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:25 am

I didn't see the Premier Sports pro14 show last night. Anybody care to comment on it?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:28 am

carpet baboon wrote:Anyone using the premier sports app and casting to a Chromecast?

I plan to, I know people who do it and they haven't any complaints.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:29 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:I didn't see the Premier Sports pro14 show last night. Anybody care to comment on it?

Fairly Irish centric again, about half the show devoted to their teams but Murray's analysis was very good.

Prem sports have said it will become more balanced and are looking into getting guests from different countries on.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:30 am

munkian wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:I didn't see the Premier Sports pro14 show last night. Anybody care to comment on it?

Fairly Irish centric again, about half the show devoted to their teams but Murray's analysis was very good.

Prem sports have said  it will become more balanced and are looking into getting guests from different countries on.

Thanks. Glad I missed it then.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:33 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:

Prem sports have said  it will become more balanced and are looking into getting guests from different countries on.

Still worth watching if you are fan of whomever an Irish team has played.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:49 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:

Why? If you're such a big rugby fan why wouldn't you want to see it?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:51 am

munkian wrote:

Murray is great at picking apart games, if you're on Twitter give him a follow. His tweets on a Monday looking at the weekends games can be really enlightening

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:12 am

munkian wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Anyone using the premier sports app and casting to a Chromecast?

I plan to, I know people who do it and they haven't any complaints.

Cheers

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:23 am

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 9 Captur10
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:24 am

I've got to say I've been impressed with their social media response - they're not shying away from things.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:26 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I've got to say I've been impressed with their social media response - they're not shying away from things.

Yup, usually very responsive.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:27 am

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:

Not really bothered if it's catering for a different target audience. Can't say I'm fussed about watching a 20 minute analysis of the Connacht back moves.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:32 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:

Not really bothered if it's catering for a different target audience. Can't say I'm fussed about watching a 20 minute analysis of the Connacht back moves.

Again..if you're such a big rugby fan why wouldn't that be of interest?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:33 am

marty2086 wrote:

Who told you the level of rugby fan that I am?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

You did when you first joined the forum and you claim so in your handle Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:47 am

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

You did when you first joined the forum and you claim so in your handle Rolling Eyes

So anybody that claims to be a rugby fan should want to watch analysis of teams they don't support? What an odd piece of logic you have there. Not surprising though.

If you really want to bicker about anything I type Martyn, and chase me around these boards to argue that black is white, then I'm free all day - such is your obsession with me. I'm not busy. I suggest though, that the Moderators, and users of this board who actually want to see rugby union discussed would rather see something else.

But go for your life.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:48 am

Jesus, will you two get it over with and bang already ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:49 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

So anybody that claims to be a rugby fan should want to watch analysis of teams they don't support? What an odd piece of logic you have there. Not surprising though.

If you really want to bicker about anything I type Martyn, and chase me around these boards to argue that black is white, then I'm free all day - such is your obsession with me. I'm not busy. I suggest though, that the Moderators, and users of this board who actually want to see rugby union discussed would rather see something else.

But go for your life.

Erm

No....I'm merely querying why a self proclaimed rugby fan doesn't seem to have much interest in the game and merely just following his teams

I've no obsession, merely pointing out the crap you come off with

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:59 am

munkian wrote:Jesus, will you two get it over with and bang already ?

I find it interesting that he would watch the program with less on the Irish teams but doesn't want to watch it with what is perceived as more because he isn't interested in Connachts backline moves but some of these things would still be covered no matter the time allotted. So just seems like another excuse for him to complain

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 12:00 pm

marty2086 wrote:

No....I'm merely querying why a self proclaimed rugby fan doesn't seem to have much interest in the game and merely just following his teams

I've no obsession, merely pointing out the crap you come off with

You're obsessed with me. I'll take it as a huge compliment.

I've no real interest in analysis of Irish teams unless it has context for me / my team. Maybe you can ask one of the Mods to alter my user handle to reflect this. 'PartTimeRugbyFan' isn't taken.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 12:00 pm

Who cares ? What does your weird five knuckle shuffle bank points scoring have to do with the topic ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 12:06 pm

munkian wrote:Who cares ? What does your weird five knuckle shuffle bank points scoring have to do with the topic  ?

picard

What does it have to do with him coming on complaining about the balance of coverage and basically saying too Irish for me? Really?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:02 pm

Its literally do with the topic.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:04 pm

As is calling it out Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:05 pm

Your calling it out as 'anti irish' when its not. It's people wanting fair coverage of the Pro14, granted some people have added more to the topic than others.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:11 pm

Except it is, you said it was Irish heavy and he said glad I didn't watch it. There could have been 25 mins on Irish teams and 15 mins on his team alone but he wouldn't know because you confirmed the complaint he was looking to make

He's saying he wouldn't want to watch analysis of Connachts backline moves but if they had what he perceives as balance these things are covered too so does that mean he'd never watch anyway?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:13 pm

I neither know nor care, stop filling threads full of this garbage, just put him on ignore.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:15 pm

Well you were the one indulging his bs

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:17 pm

Where ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 06 Sep 2018, 6:35 pm

Enough already!

Jeez.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next