The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:16 pm

Oh it was only half a joke, Marty...like most of my nonsense. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 14 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by marty2086 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

I usually take your posts as a complete joke Whistle

You won't be laughing when they bring Walt Disney out of the freezer to rule the world

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:30 pm

It's pretty crap that for tonight's Kings v Scarlets games that there are going to be dodgy internet streams (HD) that are better quality than the tv broadcast that I'm paying £9.99 per month for (SD).

Stone age.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:30 pm

marty2086 wrote:I usually take your posts as a complete joke Whistle

You won't be laughing when they bring Walt Disney out of the freezer to rule the world

Oh I figured the first bit a long time ago, marty. I'm dumb but not stooped. OK

On the second bit...well, he was Irish on his plastic side, so why would I care? He'll look out for us. We'll be in first class of the New World Order!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:32 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:It's pretty crap that for tonight's Kings v Scarlets games that there are going to be dodgy internet streams (HD) that are better quality than the tv broadcast that I'm paying £9.99 per month for (SD).

Stone age.

When men were men. Just what rugby was missing.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:35 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:It's pretty crap that for tonight's Kings v Scarlets games that there are going to be dodgy internet streams (HD) that are better quality than the tv broadcast that I'm paying £9.99 per month for (SD).

Stone age.

There are people in shacks in Africa who are laughing at you having to watch a game of rugby in standard rather than high definition, while they watch on their 72 inch jumbrotrons in glorious HD

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:38 pm

Someone is laughing at both poor RugbyFan and the Africans.

Sport, the opium of the people.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:39 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Stone age.

There are people in shacks in Africa who are laughing at you having to watch a game of rugby in standard rather than high definition, while they watch on their 72 inch jumbrotrons in glorious HD

They should sell their TV and get a better house then.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:43 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Stone age.

They should sell their TV and get a better house then.

Yahoo Yahoo Laugh thumbsup clap laughing

Now THAT was priceless, RugbyFan. Good work...enjoyed that.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 26 Oct 2018, 1:20 pm

Stone age.

Bad time to mention they are both HD on the app ?

Least some of them are HD - better than before on FTA
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 1:30 pm

munkian wrote:

Stone age.

Bad time to mention they are both HD on the app ?

Least some of them are HD - better than before on FTA

It's also in HD in Ireland on Eir Sports 1. But Prem Sports is showing the Ulster v Dragons game in HD.

More "bad luck" I guess.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 1:36 pm

Where exactly does it say the game is in SD?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 1:46 pm

marty2086 wrote:Where exactly does it say the game is in SD?

It's on Premier Sports 2, which is not in HD on tv platforms.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 1:50 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Where exactly does it say the game is in SD?

It's on Premier Sports 2, which is not in HD on tv platforms.

So hat's likely to be a licensing issue then

I use the app go enjoy everything in glorious HD Very Happy

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 2:27 pm

1st world problems.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 29 Oct 2018, 9:31 pm

Have to say, I didn’t mind the coverage from Friday of Ulster v Dragons. Even Mark Robson didn’t annoy me, which is quite some feat considering he used that tricks and treats line.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2018, 10:16 am

Munster v Glasgow on Freesports currently. Happy days! Never used to get that on S4C or BBC 2 Wales midweek. Working from home just got a bit more difficult!

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 31 Oct 2018, 10:30 am

RiscaGame wrote:Have to say, I didn’t mind the coverage from Friday of Ulster v Dragons. Even Mark Robson didn’t annoy me, which is quite some feat considering he used that tricks and treats line.
OH GOD, Mark Robson boils my p**s. He takes the smallest cultural stereotype about a team and then rams it repeatedly through the eardrums of the unsuspecting viewer.

A particular classic is him describing every Glasgow v Edinburgh 1872 Cup match as a "TAAAAARTAAAAN DARBAYYYYY" as I search in vain for some Clorox to bathe in.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 31 Oct 2018, 10:43 am

Jonathan Davies is the worse - he spent an entire Glasgow game calling them Edinburgh.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Oct 2018, 11:21 am

One good thing about Premier Sports is that Jonathan Davies is no longer covering domestic pro rugby. He was awful. Just looked like he didn't want to be there.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 31 Oct 2018, 11:29 am

The Oracle wrote:Munster v Glasgow on Freesports currently. Happy days! Never used to get that on S4C or BBC 2 Wales midweek. Working from home just got a bit more difficult!

Surely it would have just been on iPlayer Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2018, 12:35 pm

marty2086 wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Munster v Glasgow on Freesports currently. Happy days! Never used to get that on S4C or BBC 2 Wales midweek. Working from home just got a bit more difficult!

Possibly, but I always find it difficult to find the regional (as in regions of the uk, not rugby regions!) programmes on iplayer. Easy to find the stuff on standard bbc but no so much the regional variations, in my experience. Probably just doing it wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 31 Oct 2018, 12:39 pm

The Oracle wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Possibly, but I always find it difficult to find the regional (as in regions of the uk, not rugby regions!) programmes on iplayer. Easy to find the stuff on standard bbc but no so much the regional variations, in my experience. Probably just doing it wrong!

You...you don't know things about technolaggy and Black Boxes and Handsets with a million buttons on them?????

You f**king apostate! Stone him! He is a sinner.... a dangerous free-thinking humanperson thing!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2018, 1:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

You...you don't know things about technolaggy and Black Boxes and Handsets with a million buttons on them?????

You f**king apostate!  Stone him!  He is a sinner.... a dangerous free-thinking humanperson thing!

4 controllers, Fly. 4! And then there’s the ‘place’ where iplayer is. It’s on Sky, it’s on my Firerstick thingy, it’s on my phone and iPad. But how can that be?! What is it??? WHO is it???

It’s all a bit too much for me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 31 Oct 2018, 2:40 pm

SecretFly wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

You f**king apostate!  Stone him!  He is a sinner.... a dangerous free-thinking humanperson thing!

How can a portal to the Gods be an apostate? Then again is it the Gods selectively blocking information regarding regional rugby? Has PhilBB finally got one right and those in charge are indeed Irish after all?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 22 Feb 2019, 2:40 pm

So on top of the recent addition of Italian, Dutch and Chinese football to Premier Sports they have this week added LaLiga

The Premier subscription just keeps becoming better value

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 22 Feb 2019, 2:44 pm

Wow, that is big. After the EPL and European competitions, La Liga has always been the next most valuable set of football rights

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 22 Feb 2019, 2:58 pm

Yup, I'd expect them to get even more rights from Eleven Sports as they only have the Copa Del Rey and MLS left. Would have been great if they'd picked up the UFC too though they haven't announced how long the renewed deal with BT is so maybe that'll be up again in the near future.

Won't be any Premier League or Champions League anytime soon unfortunately but El Clasicos on next weekend, hopefully there'll be a spike in subscriptions and some extra eyes on the Pro14

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 22 Feb 2019, 3:07 pm

I've really enjoyed my subscription and I use it all the time. Other than rugby I've watched a bit of the ice hockey and since last month the Scottish cup too. With La Liga, Serie A and the Eredivisie added in now it really is cracking value.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 26 Apr 2019, 11:27 am

What are the highlights shows of the Pro14 like on Premier Sports these days? Are they now hosted by presenters from Scotland, Wales and N Ire etc?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 08 May 2019, 11:07 pm

Some interesting bits from the meeting between the Joint Supporters Group and two members of the WRU (including CEO Martyn Phillips).

The discussion moved onto whether the first season of working with Premier Sports had been deemed a success for the Pro 14. MP said that feedback seemed positive and that he understood viewing figures for the coverage to be broadly in line with that experienced by the BBC when all games are taken into account. He reminded JSG that BBC did not formally bid to cover the Pro 14. JSG members said that the coverage was good and it was encouraging to see decent exposure on regional rugby, as national media outlets traditionally focused on Team Wales. MP agreed and indicated that the PRB were increasing its focus on exposure for the Professional rugby brands in 2019 onwards.
MP agreed that the focus from the media on Team Wales did not help the regions and that he would prefer to see more balanced coverage. He said that there was work to do to educate many people attending Wales games that the team were successful because of, and not in spite of, the regional teams.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 09 May 2019, 9:31 am

Do the regions need to build better relationships with the media?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 09 May 2019, 9:43 am

Sadly, whilst a lot of Wales' national media has a pure clickbait agenda, there isn't going to be a good relationship. I would've liked to have seen it mentioned about how the likes of Andy Howell doing hatchet jobs isn't really very good for balanced coverage, but perhaps this might rectify itself if Phillips is looking at it.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 09 May 2019, 10:03 am

Winning builds relationships.  That's all that matters.  Nothing else will suffice.  Winning a Pro14 and winning a European Championship in maybe the same year.  Let's see how that might feel for fans.  Let's see if that solidifies interest in one or two of the Regions in the years to come because basically, like all fans, Welsh fans like success.  That's the real key...thus the frustrations and lack of 'love' now.

I've been saying this for a long time, Welsh Regions have to do the hard work on the field in competitions BEFORE they get the kind of backing they are looking for now; not after - before.
They have to knuckle down, head in the dirt, quit complaining about the competitions they are in or the money available.  A few serious seasons of serious work to make a major statement on the field of play.  That'll put enthusiastic bums on seats.
Most fans don't give a damn about the endless boardroom arguments about funding, sponsorship, wars with the WRU etc etc.  They care about the team finding a process that wins games and competitions... and making them proud.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 09 May 2019, 10:14 am

RiscaGame wrote:Sadly, whilst a lot of Wales' national media has a pure clickbait agenda, there isn't going to be a good relationship. I would've liked to have seen it mentioned about how the likes of Andy Howell doing hatchet jobs isn't really very good for balanced coverage, but perhaps this might rectify itself if Phillips is looking at it.

That's a pity, I know good relationships between the media and provinces have helped at times in Ireland. You get the odd puff piece that highlights the good news stories that help promote the clubs and bring people through the turnstiles. You of course still get the criticism but you get the balance you talk about plus the odd eejit who just talks rubbish

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14