The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN VITALITY T20 BLAST

4 posters

Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty SURREY VS GLAMORGAN VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Aug 2018, 4:34 pm

Surrey have named a 15-man squad to travel to Wales for the final group stage T20 Blast fixture of the summer, in a must-win game against Glamorgan.
Mark Stoneman replaces Scott Borthwick who broke his wrist in training Crying or Very sad
FULL SQUAD:
Jade Dernbach (captain)
Gareth Batty
Rory Burns
Rikki Clarke
Aaron Finch
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Nic Maddinson
Morne Morkel
Matt Pillans
Jason Roy
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
Freddie van den Bergh
We all know burger van shouldn't be playing but sadly he probably will
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by James100 Fri 17 Aug 2018, 8:41 am

I live in Cardiff so I'm going to see the game today. Hoping to quickly see that Sussex have been bowled out for 10.

I'd bring in Burns for Freddie but agree with Jimbob it's unlikely.

James100

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 17 Aug 2018, 3:21 pm

Looking like burns will play now after Jason suffered a facial injury what makes it worse
The accident was self-inflicted, suffered in the dressing room after his dismissal at the start of Surrey’s successful run chase.
Jason "i threw my bat into the ground purely out of self-frustration. It bounced, hit me, and as a result I sustained the injury. picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 17 Aug 2018, 3:51 pm

Yes Jimbob, there is indeed really only one possible reaction to that news about Jason Roy!  picard

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2018, 4:04 pm

Oh Jason you plonker - and sounds like he'll be out of the county championship game too, with Borthwick missing also that is not good!

Very very stupid.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 17 Aug 2018, 5:24 pm

James100 wrote:I live in Cardiff so I'm going to see the game today. Hoping to quickly see that Sussex have been bowled out for 10.

full match report later please james OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 17 Aug 2018, 6:07 pm

Burns and Stoneman in for Roy and burger van

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 17 Aug 2018, 6:13 pm

Glamorgan win the toss and bowl

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 17 Aug 2018, 8:13 pm

Rain stops play between innings after Glam score 183 - 8. Economical bowling by Batty, and Tom Curran took 3 - 30 after an expensive start.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:29 pm

Surrey win via Vera duckworth /Chris Lewis
Sadly finish 5th the worse possible position Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sat 18 Aug 2018, 4:21 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
James100 wrote:I live in Cardiff so I'm going to see the game today. Hoping to quickly see that Sussex have been bowled out for 10.

full match report later please james OK

I took three friends who've never watched cricket before, two of them absolutely no previous interest in the sport and they all seemed to like it! So that's a mark in T20's favour as an entry point to the sport.

The match itself was all pretty good, Glamorgan got off to a good start but we came back well. Bowling plaudits to Batty for an excellent spell until he bowled a rank long hop from his final delivery. TC and Morkel also worth a mention. Both had shoddy first overs but came back very strongly, Curran in particular bowling well at the death. Glamorgan had a couple of players get in and start smashing the ball around, but none seemed like they were there for a big innings and it always seemed like just a matter of time until they hit the ball to a fielder. They ended up probably 20 runs short of where they could have been. Finch was spectacular as usual, a couple of great straight drives.

Shame we're not through to the quarters but as people on here have previously said, we probably didn't deserve to get through anyway.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down