The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dress Code

+14
dynamark
navyblueshorts
George1507
raycastleunited
McLaren
wiretapper
super_realist
Davie
Diggers
1GrumpyGolfer
I'm never wrong
pedro
kwinigolfer
beninho
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dress Code - Page 2 Empty Dress Code

Post by beninho Mon 20 Aug 2018, 6:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Saw a tweet from soneone who playedin Letchworth,Hertfordshire. He was told his black sports socks were not allowed as oy white ones were, but could pay £7.50 for long non sporys socks to play. He declined and didn't play. Its all pretty ridiculous, as are most golf dress codes, but has anyone fallen foul of a dress code?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Dress Code - Page 2 Empty Re: Dress Code

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:12 pm

So a genuine thread on dress codes has been hijacked into islam bashing. Has the site been moved to tge daily mail?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:14 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

If you managed to get in a position to bang a chick in a Burka (Nicab) would you take it off or just hoick it up?

What the holy fu#k is this about?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:22 pm

Mac, You do realise that your obsession with my sex life is confirmation that yours is non-existent?

Beninho, We keep hearing from Muslims that Burka's are not necessary and not part of Islam, and even if it was, criticising an article of clothing isn't bashing the religion, however even if it was, no religion has any right to be exempt from ridicule anyway.
The world is obsessed with appearance, TV, Music, Films are all obsessed with appearance, so if people can have their say about that without anyone jumping on a bandwagon of fake offence, then it should be exactly the same if people can pass comment on the appearance of anyone, whether that's you, me or any member of a fairy tale club.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:29 pm

You have issues with religion, we know. You like to talk about religion, thats fine, bit weird but fine. I personally see no reason why you decided to bring islam into this actual thread, but you wanted to, as your a bit obsessed with religion, again tgats fine, bit weird but fine.

Maybe, you can start a seperate thread, called realists religious Tourette thread, so you can.post all about religion.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:32 pm

You dont though have the right to state that women are coerced when having absolutely no experience to base a statement like that on. There was a massive statement from British Muslim women after Cockwomble Johnson’s comments stating they were sick and tired of that viewpoint being made by people exactly like you, ie clueless on the subject. It’s the kind of comment that ingrains prejudice in people, not that your prejudice could be much more ingrained.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:34 pm

It was a JOKE Beninho, it was fairly topical and was an issue talked about earlier on another thread.

Maybe instead of me having to create a thread, you could just not reply if you see something which offends your delicate sensibility?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:39 pm

Sh#t joke, to be fair.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:41 pm

Diggers wrote:You dont though have the right to state that women are coerced when having absolutely no experience to base a statement like that on. There was a massive statement from British Muslim women after Cockwomble Johnson’s comments stating they were sick and tired of that viewpoint being made by people exactly like you, ie clueless on the subject. It’s the kind of comment that ingrains prejudice in people, not that your prejudice could be much more ingrained.

I said GENERALLY Diggers, meaning that NOT ALL women are coerced into wearing it. I'm sure some do wear it by choice, but many do not.

Of course I'm prejudiced against Islam, how could I not be? Why would I not be prejudiced against an institution which subjugates women, is openly homophobic and which makes it virtually impossible to leave? Why would I give such a harmful belief system even the slightest respect?

I'm actually fine if people want to wear that, the point is that no one should be immune from comments or criticism of it, which many religious (I'll add nuns, Jews, Sikhs) or anyone who wears odd things (FKW's, kilts, etc) in there too. There's nothing special about wearing such clothing which should mean that people can't criticise it or simply describe it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:41 pm

beninho wrote:Sh#t joke, to be fair.

Then don't comment.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:44 pm

Im honestly curious why you decided to make jokes about islam, when nothing about islam or religion was being discussed. You have religious Tourettes.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:47 pm

And your still doing it. On what basis do you know that not many wear it by choice? No basis, it’s just an incredibly uninformed statement made by a self confessed bigot, which means you can say what you like of course but few will listen or respect you. Which is as it should be.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:51 pm

I wasn't making a joke about Islam Benihno, I was making a joke about dress codes in golf clubs.

Diggers, there's enough on the media to show that it isn't always by choice. Saudi Arabia for example where it's mandatory. I could just as well ask you how you know that they wear it by choice. You have no basis for saying that some do not wear it by choice, after all, no one is going to say they are forced are they?

In a culture where a woman is valued at 50% of a man, do you really think that they all have the freedom of choice?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:57 pm

Hello, wake up, the whole point is I’m not saying they wear it by choice...because I do not know, because I’m not well informed to, it would be a useless statement based on nothing, just like yours.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm

Actually Diggers, in some places we do know they're forced to wear it. I already gave the example of where.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:10 pm

Your joke was clearly to nuanced for me. It was a joke about the right wing racist members and their reaction to a female Muslim burka wearer on the course.

Still think it was a sh#t joke, but glad you've explained it. What was the rumning away emoji thing about?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:11 pm

The women we should be talking about are British Muslim women. But even more in Saudi Arabia (which is a tiny percentage of the worlds muslim population) you don’t know how many wear it by choice. So why make a statement presented as fact, when you have no proof to back it up. It’s just a prejudiced assumption, it may even be correct, but when you make prejudiced statements based on no proof, or even caring it you’re correct, you’re just an idiot.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:13 pm

In Saudi Arabia wonen have to cover up, not sure they are forced to wear a full on buka or veil. But headscarfs they do.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:25 pm

super_realist wrote:Mac, You do realise that your obsession with my sex life is confirmation that yours is non-existent?

Super, you do realise your obsession with peoples' social engagements is confirmation yours is non-existant?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:25 pm

super_realist wrote:Mac, You do realise that your obsession with my sex life is confirmation that yours is non-existent?

Super, you do realise your obsession with peoples' social engagements is confirmation yours is non-existant?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:32 pm

Ben, digs, why do you take offence at super’s joke when you also claim that it’s prejudice to say that these women are forced to wear it? By that account it should just be any other piece of clothing?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:35 pm

That’s not my point at all, Pedro. I haven’t commented on his joke, such as it is. It’s his statement of fact concerning something he has no factual evidence about. He constantly makes literal statements, then gets annoyed when people take them literally.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:41 pm

I'm not offended by the joke. Im a pretty liberal guy, and therefore have no issues with freedom of speech in most cases. My curiosity was why the need to menttion it? My initial take was he was using it as a joke against islam. He has clarified it to be a joke about racists at golf clubs who have issues with islam.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 24 Aug 2018, 12:30 pm

If nobody minds Ill go back to the thread.Many moons ago myself and a lady friend(14 hcap)pitched up at Kirby Muxloe GC Leiceseter -bit pretentious in those days not so now and my friend was wearing a pair of taylored denim trousers purchased from Debehams Oxford St.In the first tee and the secretary major type Mr Rabbit believe it or not came sprinting across to advise that she couldn't play in those denim jeans so we were forced to take our money back and leave.
Nowadays they will take your money and I'm playing there next week -better choose my clothes carefully.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 24 Aug 2018, 1:22 pm

dynamark wrote:If nobody minds Ill go back to the thread.Many moons ago myself and a lady friend(14 hcap)pitched up at Kirby Muxloe GC Leiceseter -bit pretentious in those days not so now and my friend was wearing a pair of taylored denim trousers purchased from Debehams Oxford St.In the first  tee and the secretary  major type Mr Rabbit believe it or not came sprinting across to advise that she couldn't play in those denim jeans so we  were forced to take our money back and leave.
Nowadays they will take your money and I'm playing there next week -better choose my clothes carefully.
dyna, I'd just show up dressed like a pimp. Make sure Mr Rabbit sees you.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 24 Aug 2018, 2:00 pm

This thread is pure comedy gold today :-)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 24 Aug 2018, 2:16 pm

dynamark wrote:If nobody minds Ill go back to the thread.Many moons ago myself and a lady friend(14 hcap)pitched up at Kirby Muxloe GC Leiceseter -bit pretentious in those days not so now and my friend was wearing a pair of taylored denim trousers purchased from Debehams Oxford St.In the first  tee and the secretary  major type Mr Rabbit believe it or not came sprinting across to advise that she couldn't play in those denim jeans so we  were forced to take our money back and leave.

She should have slid out of her tight denim trousers and played in her g-string.

Dress code doesn't seem to apply to women. I see them wearing sleeveless vest tops, tops with no collar, tops never tucked in... and that's just on tour.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 24 Aug 2018, 2:29 pm

raycastleunited wrote:

She should have slid out of her tight denim trousers and played in her g-string.

Dress code doesn't seem to apply to women. I see them wearing sleeveless vest tops, tops with no collar, tops never tucked in... and that's just on tour.

Speaking of women on tour, I’ve just noticed that the Solheim is at Gleneagles and coincides with Tassie week. Given that it’s only about an hour away, I might pop along to check out their dress codes.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 24 Aug 2018, 2:43 pm

Guys she was the friendly sort so g string may have been a possible .Happy days a long time ago.
Just found out yesterday her partner had passed away which reminded me of the story.
I genuinely believe that if a club wants to set some rules then its up to them.Womens institute ,boy scouts,golf,muslims,catholics some things do appear to be ridiculous but I have no wish to join the womens institute or the catholic church.
Big gay pride event coming up here in Leicester and our firm are encouraging folk to take part to show our diversity and equality.Im thinking about having a straight pride march.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sat 25 Aug 2018, 11:09 am

dynamark wrote:Im thinking about having a straight pride march.
laughing I’ll join you!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 25 Aug 2018, 11:38 am

A bit off subject but last week a full size table tennis table arrived in reception at work and sat there for a few days no one knew where /who it belonged to .
Then it turned out it was a delivery from Argos for one of our staff who is the gayest person on the planet full high heels/shaved/silver and sequins the most unlikely person to play table tennis.
It had been charged to his company credit card by Argos and naturally the boss wanted to know why.His conversation with Argos was gold plated comedy of the highest order not helped by various folk buying him table tennis ball the next day.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 25 Aug 2018, 1:33 pm

dynamark wrote:A bit off subject but last week a full size table tennis table arrived in reception at work and sat there for a few days no one knew where /who it belonged to .
Then it turned out it was a delivery from Argos for one of our staff who is the gayest person on the planet full high heels/shaved/silver and sequins the most unlikely person to play table tennis.
It had been charged to his company credit card by Argos and naturally the boss wanted to know why.His conversation with Argos was gold plated comedy of the highest order not helped by various folk buying him table tennis ball the next day.
Well, soft wrists are definitely an advantage in table tennis.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 25 Aug 2018, 1:36 pm

Speaking of dress codes. Roland Garros have had enough of Serena Williams’ black aerodynamic outfit and are banning it for next years tourney. No more gue/orilla playing style then..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 25 Aug 2018, 6:01 pm

I always quite liked the Wimbledon predominatly white rule -but it limits the sponsors advertising impact.
Was it Nike who started the pink gear in various styles for all their golfers this year .Huge money on clothing I'm told(probably by internet) Ronaldos transfer fee was covered by shirt sales.
Just popping on my Fred Perry shirt and Farah slacks for a night out

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 25 Aug 2018, 6:05 pm

Of course that is down to the Berni inn for a prawn cocktail,rare staek and bottle of blue nun followed by a couple of hours in the Top Rank Suite -with girlfriend Sharon on the Lambretta

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 25 Aug 2018, 11:12 pm

dyna, sounds like a great warm up for next weeks Leicester GC experience..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Aug 2018, 3:16 pm

Ben

Not sure it is wierd to want to talk about religion but it is possibly unwelcome in the eyes of some readers on a golf board.  Quite frankly people should post whatever they want.

Good to see the thread was brought back on track by descending into homophobia, no doubt a favourite topic of the golf club type.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 28 Aug 2018, 2:43 pm

pedro wrote:Speaking of dress codes. Roland Garros have had enough of Serena Williams’ black aerodynamic outfit and are banning it for next years tourney. No more gue/orilla playing style then..

She stretched her credibility (as well as her catsuit) by saying the tight outfit was for medical reasons.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:14 pm

Played at Kirby Muxloe today very pleasant real good crowd all for youth club charity.They have a hell of an honours board in recent years.Charlie Ford and Jason Palmer both tour level.Laura Bailey ladies international and a young lady Jamie Leigh Voss who won everything possible at junior level including European and then hurt her wrist and dropped of the scene.
Good course great meal and no dress rules.Most of us didn't change for the meal and some folk wore shorts -shock .One of the prize winners was Bob Taylor look him up on google with the next line- holes in one -you will not believe the result

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Sep 2018, 6:07 pm

I like to wear a tight fitting trouser personally. Gives the red tee lotharias something to look at, but also keeps everything right after your 6th Orangeboom

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Sep 2018, 9:18 am

seanmichaels wrote:I like to wear a tight fitting trouser personally. Gives the red tee lotharias something to look at, but also keeps everything right after your 6th Orangeboom

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2