The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+19
TexasWedge
Be_the_ball
super_realist
Diggers
superflyweight
dynamark
JAS
I'm never wrong
NedB-H
pedro
navyblueshorts
Davie
kwinigolfer
westisbest
Roller_Coaster
raycastleunited
wiretapper
beninho
McLaren
23 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Re Sterling, he’s got more PL assists than any English player in the last year, 3rd most of anyone. As well as a shedload of goals, what a poopie player he is!!
Could this be it for Jose, I certainly hope so.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:25 pm

Apparently only about 20 Tory MP's are seeking a No Deal.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:32 pm

Super

You really aren't all that sharp. The joke is that the left are antisemitic so I obviously know what that meant because I am the left.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:41 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

You really aren't all that sharp. The joke is that the left are antisemitic so I obviously know what that meant because I am the left.

It's hard to tell when you are making a joke or just being poorly educated. You make Jeremy Corbyn look like he has a sense of humour.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:55 pm

Mclaren and realist. Can you both please confirm your educational qualifications, what unis etc?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:58 pm

It wouldn't be worth my while Beninho. You can claim anything on here and not have to prove a thing, but I'll let you decide. Mac travels by bus, lives in a tenement, earns, by his own admission a meagre salary and isn't proud of his job. He also claims to have an MSc, but what sort of mug does an MSc which doesn't benefit his career?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Nov 2018, 7:12 pm

Ok, so where did you study?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Nov 2018, 7:15 pm

Aberdeen.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Nov 2018, 7:15 pm

I think super went to one of the ex polytechnics. I went to Edinburgh.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Nov 2018, 7:15 pm

McLaren wrote:I think super went to one of the ex polytechnics. I went to Edinburgh.

and sod all use it did you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Nov 2018, 8:30 pm

I learn for the sake of learning not to earn mega bucks.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 15 Nov 2018, 9:03 pm

dynamark wrote:I'm pretty neutral all round but no deal is still leaving the EU which was the vote and arrangements will be made albeit a bit of a rush no doubt.
I'm just not seeing the world ending on that day.That would leave an Irish border issue  but both of the  the Irish would have to make the best of it .They are 2 independant countries but complex history .Mess tbh

I think you’re in cloud cuckoo land. On Newsnight Even Rees Mogg was retreating from the idea he endorsed no deal. Every single economic forecaster thinks it would be an economic disaster.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Nov 2018, 7:59 am

McLaren wrote:I learn for the sake of learning not to earn mega bucks.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh That's the sort of excuse people give when they realise they've wasted their time on a dead end degree. What's the point in learning something if you can't apply it to anything? Why didn't you study something which allowed you to do both, I'm not even talking "mega bucks" just enough for you to have a more comfortable standard of living.

Life's too short to spend your life on a low salary Mac.

I know you won't reveal what you studied or what sector you work in, but can you give an indication of what you studied (e.g was it Science related, Mathematical, Social Science , obviously it wasn't language related), and why it can't lead to a job which offers a better standard of living.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Nov 2018, 8:14 am

super_realist wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh That's the sort of excuse people give when they realise they've wasted their time on a dead end degree. What's the point in learning something if you can't apply it to anything?  Why didn't you study something which allowed you to do both, I'm not even talking "mega bucks" just enough for you to have a more comfortable standard of living.

I know you won't reveal what you studied or what sector you work in, but can you give an indication of what you studied (e.g was it Science related, Mathematical, Social Science , obviously it wasn't language related), and why it can't lead to a job which offers a better standard of living.

Why do you think people should only make life choices using your rationale? I’ve no idea how you got past degree level education with your blinkered, fixed mindset of the world.
How a man who hasn’t got the nuts to say what music he listens to can talk about non disclosure is, quite frankly, hilarious.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Nov 2018, 8:29 am

I've said plenty times what my musical tastes are Diggers, not my fault if you missed it.

Why would anyone purposely stay poor? What a preposterous position. Even more ironic when someone like Mac blames governments for keeping people poor, when in fact, it's he who has done that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 16 Nov 2018, 8:49 am

Realist, what did you study? What are your qualifications? What is your job title? What is your salary? Are you married? Do you have children? Do you own your property or rent?

See if I can make the same judgments on you that you make on him.

Do you think salary is the drivibg force to happiness?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Nov 2018, 9:14 am

I've never asked for Mac's salary, whether he's married, whether he has children, whether he rents or owns.

I didn't say salary was the driving force to happiness, I said that if you do a course in order to learn, why not study something which you are keen to learn, but which also provides you with a better standard of living. Surely that's simply common sense?

Why would anyone spend thousands doing a Masters, take a year off from earning, possibly still be paying back the loan but not do something which enhances your life.

Of course money can't buy you happiness, but it can certainly make you a lot more comfortable and if the choice is doing a course that will do nothing for your life other than give you knowledge in something that can't be applied anywhere with something which can make your life more comfortable, why would you simply settle for the knowledge with no benefit? You might as well just study it in your spare time by reading books and journals, and not bother wasting time and money by doing a course.

I could understand someone who has retired studying for this reason, but not really someone who is late 20's/early 30's like Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 16 Nov 2018, 10:00 am

dynamark wrote:Hi guys little bit behind with this due to work(I know) but I'm thinking May gets the P45 a new PM maybe 6 weeks time and a walk away thankyou and goodnight  brexit WTO rules get on with it bit of aggro but soon sorted.Would that involve any sort of parliamentary vote that could force an election I don't think so ? So whilst Jezza can sit tight mouth shut and hope for an election clean exit that could very easily be the result and that is possibly what a lot of folk envisaged when they they were voting.You will still be able to buy a new BMW go to Spain and have a Rioja.
Interesting times

Unfortunately that BMW and flight to Spain will be more expensive, and so will that Rioja.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Nov 2018, 10:04 am

raycastleunited wrote:
dynamark wrote:Hi guys little bit behind with this due to work(I know) but I'm thinking May gets the P45 a new PM maybe 6 weeks time and a walk away thankyou and goodnight  brexit WTO rules get on with it bit of aggro but soon sorted.Would that involve any sort of parliamentary vote that could force an election I don't think so ? So whilst Jezza can sit tight mouth shut and hope for an election clean exit that could very easily be the result and that is possibly what a lot of folk envisaged when they they were voting.You will still be able to buy a new BMW go to Spain and have a Rioja.
Interesting times

Unfortunately that BMW and flight to Spain will be more expensive, and so will that Rioja.
Quite. Of course many of these things will still be available post-Brexit, but none of the pro-Leave brigade pre-Referendum were honest enough to point out that there's a cost involved in that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 16 Nov 2018, 10:05 am

super_realist wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh That's the sort of excuse people give when they realise they've wasted their time on a dead end degree. What's the point in learning something if you can't apply it to anything?  Why didn't you study something which allowed you to do both, I'm not even talking "mega bucks" just enough for you to have a more comfortable standard of living.

Why don't you reveal a bit about yourself first, and then Mac might share too?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Nov 2018, 10:13 am

I have done plenty of times in the past. Mac knows where I live, my education, where I went to uni, what I do for a living, roughly how much I earn, how much I pay for my golf memberships, where I play golf etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 16 Nov 2018, 10:20 am

Digs and Navy lets see what occurs in a few months time.We can at present by some miracle buy stuff from USA China Asia and its delivered in a few days .Can enjoy a holiday in those countries.
I'm confident ourselves and EU will come to terms and they will not be that bad. Governments and businesses will roll on through.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Nov 2018, 10:25 am

dynamark wrote:Digs and Navy lets see what occurs in a few months time.We can at present  by some miracle buy stuff from USA China Asia and its delivered in a few days .Can enjoy a holiday in those countries.
I'm confident ourselves and EU will come to terms and they will not be that bad. Governments and businesses will roll on through.
Yeah, of course the planet will keep turning and we'll sort out whatever new relationships with countries as a result of this. It may, or may not, be better in the long run, but I don't see it as justifiable that it may well screw over an entire generation before we return to where we would have been had we not left. It's my pay, my mortgage, my kids and my pension. It's my country and it's being played with by a few self-serving politicians. Utter t0ssers.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:15 am

dynamark wrote:Digs and Navy lets see what occurs in a few months time.We can at present  by some miracle buy stuff from USA China Asia and its delivered in a few days .Can enjoy a holiday in those countries.

That's the thing, setting out our stall for "not that bad" or "not he end of the world" doesn't cut it for me. Are we seriously suggesting that people voted for an outcome that is just about survivable? It's a nonsense.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:20 am

super_realist wrote:I've said plenty times what my musical tastes are Diggers, not my fault if you missed it.

Why would anyone purposely stay poor? What a preposterous position. Even more ironic when someone like Mac blames governments for keeping people poor, when in fact, it's he who has done that.

I know you've ignored that direct question multiple times and have done again.
Again, literally no ability to think outside your own mindset. Really weird way of looking at the world.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:30 am

We will have to come back to this in a few months guys but I'm not seeing where Nayys pay pension mortgage and kids are likely to be affected . Have no fear (project fear)for the next generation .
It will get sorted we are big boys in a big boys playground .

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:38 am

dynamark wrote:We will have to come back to this in a few months guys but I'm not seeing where Nayys pay pension mortgage and kids are likely to be affected . Have no fear (project fear)for the next generation .

Yeah, I remember the "We'll get a great deal, they can't push us around"....."It won't take long to get a good deal..." conversations. Sorry, but it's exactly that kind of naivety that got us exactly where we are now. Anyway, there won't be a no deal, just for the Irish issue alone it simply can't come to that. We are far more likely to extend as we are for even longer.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:40 am

Super

You already know my degree is in a science. You also know where I live and where I went to uni. What more do you want?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:43 am

dynamark wrote:We will have to come back to this in a few months guys but I'm not seeing where Nayys pay pension mortgage and kids are likely to be affected . Have no fear (project fear)for the next generation .
Glad some of us are confident. Pound looked great yesterday eh? That won't affect anything though. Nah.
It's no good saying this is short term (whatever 'short' means in this context), because it's totally unnecessary. It will get sorted, but how long will that take? I'm not prepared for it to take years/decades; unacceptable.
If I ever meet Cameron, Rees-Mogg, and definitely Johnson, I may well have to punch their lights out. Certainly, they're all worthy of a lot of eggs and rotten fruit.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:45 am

You already know my degree is in a science. You also know where I live and where I went to uni.  What more do you want?
Really. The two of you. Who gives a stuff? Which one of you has a bigger d***? Who can p!ss the highest up the toilet wall? Moving on...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:52 am

Dyna

It would be a pretty narrow view on peoples concerns to think the European Union meant nothing but a trade agreement to people who felt passionately about it.

An ever more connected Europe where people are free to move was a big deal for people of my generation. Ridding ourselves of arbitrary and petty national boundaries was a major goal. Opening up our borders to all and getting the same treatment wherever you wanted to go was a dream.

Acknowledging that it hasn't always been so peaceful in Europe was something ridiculed by leavers and something that may not have seemed like a big deal now but it is actually a very important function on the EU.

The maintaining of progressive values through EU rules and regulations as well as being part of the European courts will be gone if we leave. There is a real danger that the UK will become horribly right wing without the guiding hand of more progressive European thinkers.

Ultimately I wanted the UK to become part of a true federal Europe, this is a long way off now. It would have been so cool to see continent wide left/progressive parties ensure 100's of millions of people got what they deserved.

I am now at the point where I wouldn't care if Scotland left the UK and was a bit part player in the EU.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:52 am

navyblueshorts wrote:

You already know my degree is in a science. You also know where I live and where I went to uni.  What more do you want?
Really. The two of you. Who gives a stuff? Which one of you has a bigger d***? Who can p!ss the highest up the toilet wall? Moving on...

I agree, it is becoming uncomfortable how often Super demands knowledge about me.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 16 Nov 2018, 12:19 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Yeah, of course the planet will keep turning and we'll sort out whatever new relationships with countries as a result of this. It may, or may not, be better in the long run, but I don't see it as justifiable that it may well screw over an entire generation before we return to where we would have been had we not left. It's my pay, my mortgage, my kids and my pension. It's my country and it's being played with by a few self-serving politicians. Utter t0ssers.

This sums up the whole thing in a nutshell.

For JAS and Dyna - well maybe in 30 years people will look back and say Brexit was a great decision, but it's going to take a generation (at least) to get there.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Nov 2018, 12:24 pm

McLaren wrote:Dyna

It would be a pretty narrow view on peoples concerns to think the European Union meant nothing but a trade agreement to people who felt passionately about it.

An ever more connected Europe where people are free to move was a big deal for people of my generation. Ridding ourselves of arbitrary and petty national boundaries was a major goal. Opening up our borders to all and getting the same treatment wherever you wanted to go was a dream.

Acknowledging that it hasn't always been so peaceful in Europe was something ridiculed by leavers and something that may not have seemed like a big deal now but it is actually a very important function on the EU.

The maintaining of progressive values through EU rules and regulations as well as being part of the European courts will be gone if we leave. There is a real danger that the UK will become horribly right wing without the guiding hand of more progressive European thinkers.

Ultimately I wanted the UK to become part of a true federal Europe, this is a long way off now. It would have been so cool to see continent wide left/progressive parties ensure 100's of millions of people got what they deserved.

I am now at the point where I wouldn't care if Scotland left the UK and was a bit part player in the EU.
Or some NuCommunist state under Jezza?

Good points though - heartfelt and well put. I think many Europeans, particularly German and French, see the EU as far more than trading partnerships and place a lot of importance on that (see WWI/II), but we're arrogant enough to think they'll forget all that just to continue shifting BMWs into the UK as they now do.
I may be older than you (I think), but I agree with much of what you say, in principle. It's a pity, though, that the EU didn't consider seriously the concerns (real or imagined) of people whose local jobs disappear and don't actually want to move halfway across Europe to find work. There are other issues tied in with free movement that the EU simply either ignored or thought would go away. They are at least partly culpable for what's now happening here, even if it's us who'll be on the worse side by far of any outcome.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Nov 2018, 1:07 pm

Interesting program on the foreign office yesterday. Talking to UN negotiators who were saying they always used to work with European counterparts and now found themselves divided.
Which brings me to what I really despise about Brexit, the whole Little Englander character that I’m now tarred with by proxy.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 Nov 2018, 1:15 pm

Diggers wrote:

That's the thing, setting out our stall for "not that bad" or "not he end of the world" doesn't cut it for me. Are we seriously suggesting that people voted for an outcome that is just about survivable? It's a nonsense.

That’s kind of what they think they do every 5 years Digs. Most have been conditioned into believing that socialism would be bad and would be the end of the world - Just like in Venezuela!! So they suck in all the drivel and think they’re voting for the least worst option and they’ll probably be ok and just about manage ....without taking any sort of time to have a look at how much better a life the average Joe has in the likes of Denmark & Sweden (examples of how Democratic Socialism does actually work and foster a much more cohesive, less broken and less greed driven society).

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Nov 2018, 1:25 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Dyna

Or some NuCommunist state under Jezza?

Good points though - heartfelt and well put. I think many Europeans, particularly German and French, see the EU as far more than trading partnerships and place a lot of importance on that (see WWI/II), but we're arrogant enough to think they'll forget all that just to continue shifting BMWs into the UK as they now do.
I may be older than you (I think), but I agree with much of what you say, in principle. It's a pity, though, that the EU didn't consider seriously the concerns (real or imagined) of people whose local jobs disappear and don't actually want to move halfway across Europe to find work. There are other issues tied in with free movement that the EU simply either ignored or thought would go away. They are at least partly culpable for what's now happening here, even if it's us who'll be on the worse side by far of any outcome.

I think being part of the EU would also ensure someone like JC was forced to consider issues they were not traditionally concerned about such as womans rights, ethnic minority rights etc..  

If you remove the tin foil hat and stop focusing on the fact that like all governments the EU can be influenced by big business, and to no greater or lesser degree than any other, it was essentially becoming an institution for the spread of progressive ideas to places they would not otherwise have reached.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Nov 2018, 1:54 pm

JAS wrote:
Diggers wrote:

That’s kind of what they think they do every 5 years Digs. Most have been conditioned into believing that socialism would be bad and would be the end of the world - Just like in Venezuela!! So they suck in all the drivel and think they’re voting for the least worst option and they’ll probably be ok and just about manage ....without taking any sort of time to have a look at how much better a life the average Joe has in the likes of Denmark & Sweden (examples of how Democratic Socialism does actually work and foster a much more cohesive, less broken and less greed driven society).
Good point. Not sure that's what Jezza is offering though. If he is, the packaging needs a bit of work.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Nov 2018, 2:01 pm

Diggers wrote:

I don't know, I guy on question time last night said we survived WW2 while the supply ships were being sunk so why not survive a hard brexit.  Rationing while your supplies are sinking to the bottom of the ocean is a pretty low bar to achieve. But they were the good old days, right?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 16 Nov 2018, 2:55 pm

To claim that DK or Sweden are socialist is a huge stretch. Yes income taxes are high, welfare high, but it’s easier to lay off people than in most other European countries. At the same time corporate taxes are low. They call it flexicurity - but it’s far from socialism, it’s capitalism with a human face. Although not a goal in it self (except for socialists) it also leads to less inequality.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 Nov 2018, 3:41 pm

pedro wrote:To claim that DK or Sweden are socialist is a huge stretch. Yes income taxes are high, welfare high, but it’s easier to lay off people than in most other European countries. At the same time corporate taxes are low. They call it flexicurity - but it’s far from socialism, it’s capitalism with a human face. Although not a goal in it self (except for socialists) it also leads to less inequality.

I’m probably inadvertently painting myself as some rabid Socialist, I’m not really but by the same token I do believe in fairness and I believe in meritocracy. I think the levels of inequality in this country are just beyond a joke. We need a drastic change away from the pursuit of a kind of modern day Dickensianism into something a lot more palatable. I don’t care whether it’s Socialism or capitalism with a human face we DO need a change, the biggest tragedy of the whole Brexit calamity is that stuff like this gets hidden in small print rather than be front page news https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46236642

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Nov 2018, 3:51 pm

JAS wrote:
pedro wrote:To claim that DK or Sweden are socialist is a huge stretch. Yes income taxes are high, welfare high, but it’s easier to lay off people than in most other European countries. At the same time corporate taxes are low. They call it flexicurity - but it’s far from socialism, it’s capitalism with a human face. Although not a goal in it self (except for socialists) it also leads to less inequality.

I’m probably inadvertently painting myself as some rabid Socialist, I’m not really but by the same token I do believe in fairness and I believe in meritocracy. I think the levels of inequality in this country are just beyond a joke. We need a drastic change away from the pursuit of a kind of modern day Dickensianism into something a lot more palatable. I don’t care whether it’s Socialism or capitalism with a human face we DO need a change, the biggest tragedy of the whole Brexit calamity is that stuff like this gets hidden in small print rather than be front page news https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46236642

Agreed, Jas. It's not just the government though, plenty of people feel anyone in poverty is there because they deserve it. Nobody really considers that people can be a product of a poor environment, or that people act they way they do through cyclical learned behavioural patterns. I look at some of the kids I teach and the backgrounds they've had, really nasty stuff in some cases. They get sympathy at primary school, beyond that they just get viewed as scum who are part of the problem, no consideration for a backstory.
Not to say we don't have slackers, freeloaders and basically unpleasant people. Just that w are never that interested in putting anything into place that could really make a difference.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 Nov 2018, 4:14 pm

Diggers wrote:
JAS wrote:

Agreed, Jas. It's not just the government though, plenty of people feel anyone in poverty is there because they deserve it. Nobody really considers that people can be a product of a poor environment, or that people act they way they do through cyclical  learned behavioural patterns. I look at  some of the kids I teach and the backgrounds they've had, really nasty stuff in some cases. They get sympathy at primary school, beyond that they just get viewed as scum who are part of the problem, no consideration for a backstory.
Not to say we don't have slackers, freeloaders and basically unpleasant people. Just that w are never that interested in putting anything into place that could really make a difference.
Indeed Diggers and it’s that last sentence that damns us!! Why can’t we, as the supposed 5th largest economy in the world, arrest that!! Obviously one of the reasons being that the state education system is so cash starved that it’s struggling to survive never mind actually make a difference. My partner is a school Head and the stress I’ve watched her go through in the past few years is extremely anger some, every time she somehow managed through one crisis, the goalposts get moved to create a new one. More than once she’s teetered on the brink of packing it in and going into industry.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Nov 2018, 4:34 pm

If Super_realist can make it through the education system then surely there are no excuses for anyone not making it?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 17 Nov 2018, 7:38 am

Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:I've said plenty times what my musical tastes are Diggers, not my fault if you missed it.

I know you've ignored that direct question multiple times and have done again.
Again, literally no ability to think outside your own mindset. Really weird way of looking at the world.

If you think I can only think of one mindset, what does that say for Mac? You couldn't get any more myopic. He won't even read anything from another viewpoint, will shun anyone who isn't 100% on the same page as him and watches nothing but the view he agrees with in regards to news.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 17 Nov 2018, 7:40 am

I'm not sure you're correct there. I have worked for a Danish company, and my Danish based colleagues were subject to the same employment laws as those elsewhere in Europe, in fact, in the downturn many of them ended up with far better severance deals than those in the UK did

Certainly when it comes to pensions, childcare etc they are also considerably better off than we are too.  I'd much rather live in Norway/Denmark/Sweden than in the UK.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 17 Nov 2018, 7:43 am

McLaren wrote:If Super_realist can make it through the education system then surely there are no excuses for anyone not making it?

If that's the case Mac, why aren't you doing as well as you could and making the most of your claimed education? Are you just not trying hard enough, or are you just happy to settle for mediocrity?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 17 Nov 2018, 10:55 am

TV last night about the insulin maker in Frankfurt who supplies most of UK market.They keeo 10/12 weeks supply in stock over here and have been asked to extend that by another 6 weeks.
No problem.Trucks can be sealed in Germany and all the 'paperwork' done online.Waved through at Dover thankyou v much.They will not stop supplies !!
Also mentioned that we export approx. 20% more medicine than we import from EU.
Just an example but they were quite comfortable.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 17 Nov 2018, 11:21 am

dynamark wrote:TV last night about the insulin maker in Frankfurt who supplies most of UK market.They keeo 10/12 weeks supply in stock over here and have been asked to extend that by another 6 weeks.
No problem.Trucks can be sealed in Germany  and all the 'paperwork' done online.Waved through at Dover thankyou v much.They will not stop supplies !!
Also mentioned that we  export approx. 20% more medicine than we import from EU.
Just an example but they were quite comfortable.

So basically, in some cases, there may be a chance of replacing something that already works, brilliant (I’ve also read exactly the opposite so you takes your chances I guess, let’s hope those cancer drugs get through). Still for me comes back to what’s the point, why’s it better?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 17 Nov 2018, 1:32 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:If Super_realist can make it through the education system then surely there are no excuses for anyone not making it?

If that's the case Mac, why aren't you doing as well as you could and making the most of your claimed education? Are you just not trying hard enough, or are you just happy to settle for mediocrity?

This is getting a bit weird now. It would appear that neither of you know anything about each other, yet you both bang on like a couple of crazy people.

You have both clearly created extreme online personas and will run with it. Good luck with it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 17 Nov 2018, 2:10 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas

Do you think an "independent" Uk is less susceptible to big business interference in government policy than the EU is?

A Corbyn led one? yes absolutely, a Tory one? No. A Blairite comeback party or some other centre ground coalition, probably not either.

Of course it’s not a straightforward as just interference through influence, if Corbyn stands to his principles (which he probably would) big business would make it their mission to try and break him. Either way, it’s ordinary working people that would suffer.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next