The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+18
Cornish Warrior
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
tigertattie
kingraf
TM Moot
JDizzle
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Forward Pass
Pr4wn
Number-25
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
skins4ever
gazzyD
twelve283
GSC
22 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 13 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Tue 18 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I mean are we even sure Gordon isn't a one year wonder who never stuck around for his drop off season.

A lot of hype for a guy who's had more near comebacks than games played in years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 13 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Mar 2021, 8:18 am

I can't see why the owners put a stop on it, it benefits both teams and players.

Some good, some meh signings yesterday...imagine a lot of these reported deals are more two year things, not the 4/5 years they have been reported (for example Mills contract is already out and it's essentially a 2 year 10m deal, not 4 years 24m)

Hoping they're this active because they're going to be using a lot of draft capital to move up and take a Lance/Fields
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 13 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Tue 16 Mar 2021, 12:01 pm

The eagles have been using the void years stuff for years. These cap tricks aren't new, just more prevalent when the cap suddenly drops 30m below the expected value
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Mar 2021, 2:15 pm

25m a year on two non elite TEs.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 16 Mar 2021, 3:25 pm

I don't understand some of the money the Pats are throwing around, to be honest. The TEs are both good, but they're getting paid waaaay too much.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 16 Mar 2021, 8:34 pm

The dilemma of being a team with bottom end talent. BB doesn't want to wait a few years to rebuild through the draft so needs to overpay I guess. Intrigued to see whether they aim to get into the top 10 of the draft (Lions at 7 would be my target) to get the QB, as would guess the high priced trade options like Jimmy G would be a struggle with the cap space.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 17 Mar 2021, 9:29 am

The roster was so talent poor, that pre this FA splurge the only players they had on the books for over $5m in cap in 2022 was Shaq Mason and Jon Jones, without anyone really on the horizon to massively pay beyond maybe JC Jackson (with Gilmore, Hightower, McCourty likely moving on or retiring in a year or two).
And whenever BB has had cap space, he's always been aggressive in FA in using it.

I'd have to think, well hope, they are moving up for a QB in the draft. I am not as anti-Cam as some, but he cannot be the only plan at QB again this year (and Jimmy G isn't a plan either)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 26 Mar 2021, 6:19 pm

Big day for trades!

49ers move to the 3rd pick giving up the 12th and 2 more first rounders to the Dolphins, who immediately package 12 and one of those first rounders to trade up to 6 with the Eagles moving down

Assume 49ers are going for one of the QBs, while the Dolphins will probably still be able to get one of the top receivers / tackles

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 26 Mar 2021, 6:51 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:The roster was so talent poor, that pre this FA splurge the only players they had on the books for over $5m in cap in 2022 was Shaq Mason and Jon Jones, without anyone really on the horizon to massively pay beyond maybe JC Jackson (with Gilmore, Hightower, McCourty likely moving on or retiring in a year or two).
And whenever BB has had cap space, he's always been aggressive in FA in using it.

I'd have to think, well hope, they are moving up for a QB in the draft. I am not as anti-Cam as some, but he cannot be the only plan at QB again this year (and Jimmy G isn't a plan either)

Given today’s news, I suspect Jimmy G is the plan unfortunately.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 28 Apr 2021, 9:14 am

So draft night upon us this week - what hopes do we have for our teams?

I remain eternally optimistic the Pats will land one of Fields or Lance, but still fear the lingering cloud of Jimmy G for a mid round pick and drafting a linebacker at #15 overall.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 28 Apr 2021, 1:14 pm

God I hope we don’t take Mac Jones over Fields at 3

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 28 Apr 2021, 10:15 pm

I really hope the Pats go QB in the first round. Already seen the 'BB has never drafted a QB in Round 1' stat trotted out - yep, cause he had a fella called Brady. Would be happy trading up for Lance and Fields into the top 10, and taking Jones if he drops to 15.

Spiciest picks are - what do Atlanta do at 4, is there a huge rush to trade up if Mac goes 3? Do Denver or Carolina still look at a QB? Any dark horses in the teens (Washington, Raiders, Bears?) to trade up? Does Jerry just say screw it and take the WR of the Big 3 that falls to Dallas at 10 (Please do)?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 29 Apr 2021, 12:09 am

I honestly don't know what to think. My team is usually picking in the top 10, so it's quite something for me not to have too much invested in the draft.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Thu 29 Apr 2021, 12:59 pm

As long as the Pack don't trade up and take another QB I'll be happy.

OL or CB i'm guessing. Could surprise everyone and go WR for the 1st time since the 90's.

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 29 Apr 2021, 7:36 pm

TM Moot wrote:As long as the Pack don't trade up and take another QB I'll be happy.

OL or CB i'm guessing. Could surprise everyone and go WR for the 1st time since the 90's.

Yes... anything but a 1st round QB please!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 29 Apr 2021, 8:03 pm

Any of Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Horn will do.

Expect a terrible lineman
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 30 Apr 2021, 1:45 pm

JDizzle wrote:I really hope the Pats go QB in the first round. Already seen the 'BB has never drafted a QB in Round 1' stat trotted out - yep, cause he had a fella called Brady. Would be happy trading up for Lance and Fields into the top 10, and taking Jones if he drops to 15.
Jones to the Pats it is. Expecting a lot of 'if Belichick wanted him he must be great' in the short term, but even besides how often the Pats have hit on a top pick recently; when's the last time they really needed to? Pressure's on, Brady showed he can do it on his own...

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 22 Jul 2021, 10:33 pm

NFL players - don’t want the vaccine, don’t know what’s in it and I’m in control of my body

Also NFL players - please doc hit me up with that cocktail of random drugs so I can play through unnatural pain
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Jul 2021, 9:54 pm

Carson Wentz in injury shocker
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 31 Jul 2021, 4:26 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Carson Wentz in injury shocker

Yeah, things going South fast with Mr Wentz... once looked so promising...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 31 Aug 2021, 3:29 pm

Hello McCorkle!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 10 Sep 2021, 9:04 am

What a game to start the season. Thrilling stuff.

Pr4wn

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Sep 2021, 9:46 am

Fantastic game - Cowboys looked better than I expected
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 11 Sep 2021, 3:47 pm

Tom Brady is just so annoying isn't he... You just knew the Cowboys were never going to win the game because Tom Brady's gonna Tom Brady!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 12 Sep 2021, 4:06 am

You have no idea how weird it feels, as a Buccaneers fan, to almost know for sure that your team is going to win when you're down 2 with 90 seconds left.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 Sep 2021, 7:36 am

The kind of calm reassurance Patriots had for years knowing they'd get a gamechanging call if they needed it
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 14 Sep 2021, 4:57 am

Absolutely mad end to the game. Wow.

What a treat of a first week.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Oct 2021, 10:43 am

Wish the Pats would stop losing the turnover battle by like 2-4 every week
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 04 Oct 2021, 11:10 am

I know a QB who would help with that.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Oct 2021, 5:44 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I know a QB who would help with that.

I know his improved his pliability but I don’t think TB12 can play running back
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 05 Oct 2021, 1:22 am

He did out-rush the entire Patriots team.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 05 Oct 2021, 6:49 pm

Pr4wn wrote:He did out-rush the entire Patriots team.

Technically I out-rushed the entire Patriots team... on less carries too.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 12 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

Who do you think is happier about this Gruden resignation; Urban Meyer or the Raiders' accountants?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Oct 2021, 8:00 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Who do you think is happier about this Gruden resignation; Urban Meyer or the Raiders' accountants?

Dan Snyder’s legal team
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Nov 2021, 11:43 am

8 weeks into the season...how we feeling about our respect teams folks?

AFC seems pretty wide open, albeit looking at the schedule it really is there for Buffalo to secure the #1 seed.
NFC had 4/5 top sides, and the rest are just playing out the string to lose to them in the playoffs.

Pats wise - think those early season losses are going to come back and really bite them, as they're coming into a bit of form now at 4-4. Defence is having a good year, a top 10 unit (albeit nowhere near top of the league, cos we traded away our DPOY cornerback for a bag of peanuts for no reason... Rolling Eyes mad ) and the offence when it isn't kicking itself in the nuts is doing ok. Mac Jones has exceeded my expectations so far, he's been pretty assured and while supported by the system/scheme a fair bit, is able to make reads/diagnose blitzes etc very impressively for a rookie. Excited to see how he develops next offseason, as think he could do with getting into an NFL weight offseason programme to remove the dad bod and improve his arm strength a touch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 03 Nov 2021, 12:02 pm

Very mixed on the Bucs this year. Offense has been fine, Brady still looks superb, though we could really do with getting Gronk back to full strength ASAP.

Run D has been scary good but pass D has been scary bad. Our secondary is paper thin and the discipline has been sorely lacking when compared to last season.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Wed 03 Nov 2021, 12:36 pm

Kinda hard to sum up atm given the events that have transpired off the field. Its only the Raiders who could somehow have their head coach being outed as a racist, misogynistic, homophobic scumbag overshadowed by something even worse

Feel like we've put ourselves in a good position on the field but don't see how sustainable that is with the circus that is the Raiders organisation off the field

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 03 Nov 2021, 3:28 pm

oof more bad news for the Saints...Michael Thomas out for the year! Starting to get bad vibes about his injury long term now. That offense is basically down to Alvin Kamara rest of the season unless someone can step up.

Also Henry Ruggs...(shakes head).

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:08 pm

Well, when it comes to summing up my feelings on the season:

I'M A DOLPHINS FAN Sad

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 03 Nov 2021, 6:26 pm

I too am a dolphins fan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 03 Nov 2021, 7:39 pm

I was worried as a Packers fan after week 1, but have progressively become happier ever since (particularly because the Superbowl is not in Aaron Rodgers' kryptonite state of Florida)

However, after today's news I might be worried for a whole different reason... getting to see what life with Rodgers might be like... Not sure I will Love it Cool

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Thu 04 Nov 2021, 2:05 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:I was worried as a Packers fan after week 1, but have progressively become happier ever since (particularly because the Superbowl is not in Aaron Rodgers' kryptonite state of Florida)

However, after today's news I might be worried for a whole different reason... getting to see what life with Rodgers might be like... Not sure I will Love it Cool

Yeah, Week 1 blow out was alarming, but to then win 7 on the bounce is v pleasing. Surprisingly the D looks decent.

Be nice to get some key players on the field (Baktari, Z. Smith, Jaire A). Here's hoping Jordan Love holds the fort ok

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 19 Nov 2021, 8:02 am

Seriously when was the last time we had a good Thursday Night game? Seems like every game has been awful for a while now.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Nov 2021, 9:20 am

It's really never going to be a great product on Thursdays unfortunately - no time to practice between games, barely enough time to properly physically recover from the Sunday game beforehand.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum