The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+17
Collapse2005
westisbest
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
raycastleunited
Eyetoldyouso
kwinigolfer
pedro
beninho
dynamark
Davie
JAS
navyblueshorts
McLaren
Diggers
super_realist
21 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 10 Dec 2018, 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Diggers wrote:On another note I’ve been teaching Spanish as part of my job this year, tricky when I don’t speak a word...or didn’t. Been using Duolingo for 3 weeks, still very early but amazing how quickly it helps you pick things up. Also asked the wife for some CD’s for Xmas to listen to on my commute. There is a Spanish guy who works for the premises team so when I feel a bit more confident Ill try some conversational Spanish with him.
Anyway, early but that’s my new year resolution, to follow it through and at least be competent, partly to help with my job and partly because Uve always wanted to learn a language, partly because I really think learning new stuff keeps your brain fresher.
Anyone else have something they really want to learn to do?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here Diggers, but how on earth can a school let someone without the skills in a subject to teach it? I can see how someone could blag teaching something like art, PE, English etc, but not a language. I suppose if it's at Primary Level you could teach counting to ten, asking where the railway station is etc.
I presume it's not secondary school?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Shotrock Fri 15 Feb 2019, 8:36 pm

Oh yes, Kwin. My twang has ways of coming out that even surprises me. Interestingly, when I moved from the Mohawk Valley to Minneapolis (many, many moons ago) a number of people assumed I was from Chicago. My CNY pet peeve of the moment is my fellow family members that don't pronounce the "t" in words like "it". Kind of a guttural back of the throat hard sound of some sort.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 15 Feb 2019, 9:16 pm

So long as they still enjoy baked zeet (not your heritage, I understand that!).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 16 Feb 2019, 7:22 am

Diggers wrote:“The party needs a good Labour man.”

Is that seriously the best you can do? It would seem Labour take that stance given they have never had a female leader.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 16 Feb 2019, 7:32 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:Are John McDonald and Corbyn fighting one another to destroy the Labour Party, more gaffes from McDonald today.

What were his other gaffes or did you just pluralise for effect??

An extra gaffe in a long list of gaffes from Labour. I know people say that you don't vote for the people in charge, but both Corbyn and McDonald seem seriously easy to dislike.

Super you said more Gaffes “today” implying that he’d had more than one a) he hadn’t and b) it’s debateable whether the villain comment taken in the right context should be construed as a gaffe.

For someone who’s been in parliament for over 20 years, he’s increased the size of his majority from 13000 to 18000 that suggests that his constituents think he’s doing a good job.
His previous “IRA” comments were ill advised but again blown out of all proportion, passing comment on the struggles of the disadvantaged isn’t quite the same as rolling tanks into town to crush worker uprisings is it?? Maduro does that and he’s a villain,  Churchill does it and he’s a hero...sometimes it helps to see things from a different perspective rather than rabid blue tinted spectacles.

Of course it's a gaffe. McDonnell, or JD as Diggers calls him could quite easily have said that Churchill had done many good things, but that for him there were a few things that tarnished his reputation for him, but instead brought up the ridiculous example of Tonypandy, for which Churchill wasn't even responsible for sending in troops, and in which not a single person was hurt. It was the Chief Constable who brought in the troops, not Churchill. It's a gaffe because if McDonnell can't see how making such a one sided (and inaccurate) comment about Churchill might make him even more unpopular than he and his party already are then it shows how arrogant and naïve he is.

As for JM's IRA comments, he said that IRA terrorists should be HONOURED. That's a disgrace for any politician. Imagine if he'd said that ISIS, Palestinians, ETA etc should be honoured. If George Galloway has said that then Labour would be all over him, but apparently that's just McDonnell being McDonnell so it's alright.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 16 Feb 2019, 7:36 am

Where do people stand on the idiotic schoolgirl trying to come back to the country she hates? I can guess what a few of the Corbynites on here would do, but how about others?
She doesn't seem to be showing any regret or contrition.
If people in WW2 were charged with treason for joining the British Free Corps of the Wehrmacht, shouldn't she face a similar charge?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 16 Feb 2019, 9:15 am

Isn't it quite simple. She comes back and if found guilty of anything she goes down for it? What would you propose happens to her?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 16 Feb 2019, 9:52 am

If she was radicalised and brainwashed she’s unlikely to be showing contrition. That’s not how it works. I know that’s confusing for people who see things as black or white.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 16 Feb 2019, 10:03 am

super_realist wrote:

Is that seriously the best you can do? It would seem Labour take that stance given they have never had a female leader.

That in no way alters the fact you are clearly sexist, whether consciously or unconsciously. I could find loads of examples, but being “controversial” clearly gives you a boner, so I won’t be doing that.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 16 Feb 2019, 10:36 am

McLaren wrote:Isn't it quite simple. She comes back and if found guilty of anything she goes down for it? What would you propose happens to her?

Yep, I don't see what else to do. She's a British citizen,her child will also be British. Though when born should be removed by local ss.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 16 Feb 2019, 11:07 am

She isn’t a dual passport holder, she clearly should be returned (where she will pose less of a threat if she is a threat) and if there is a crime to answer she should be tried.
The grown up question is, when will the Prevent strategy, which I’ve had to have done dealings with, be reviewed and replaced? It’s just not fit for purpose and is actually divisive in itself.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 16 Feb 2019, 4:18 pm

Our home secretary doesn't appear to understand our own rules you cannot be stateless so she is a Brit with answers to give. Only the fact that the times fella ran into her has created the situation.Mention of around 400 others who have already returned which is a lot of costs to monitor that group.
Anyway Digs for PM (labour of course)

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 16 Feb 2019, 4:42 pm

dynamark wrote:

Could do a lot worse, following in the footsteps of Manny Shinwell, which means he could stay in Parliament until he's about 100.

More important, Digs, our teams are treading water; watched the surrender at Southend today, just never came out to play in the second half. At this rate, we'll meet in the Play-Offs.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 16 Feb 2019, 5:22 pm

Although if Britain is taking away citizenships I'll happily give up my passport for a Swedish or German one, something better anyway.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 16 Feb 2019, 5:53 pm

McLaren wrote:Although if Britain is taking away citizenships I'll happily give up my passport for a Swedish or German one, something better anyway.

Mac,
You could travel to Honduras or Guatemala and then join one of the "caravans" to the US border, say you're a refugee seeking asylum and are hoping to caddie on the golf tours. I'm sure you could get in, you speak the lingo after all.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 16 Feb 2019, 6:46 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
dynamark wrote:

Could do a lot worse, following in the footsteps of Manny Shinwell, which means he could stay in Parliament until he's about 100.

More important, Digs, our teams are treading water; watched the surrender at Southend today, just never came out to play in the second half. At this rate, we'll meet in the Play-Offs.

Yep, daylight is growing! I can’t complain too much about a point when we were 2 - O down but we’ve paid 4 million for a proven League One striker and he keeps missing sitters! Maybe we’ll be meeting at Wembley, Kwini, would be a sell out and a cracking atmosphere.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 16 Feb 2019, 7:06 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
McLaren wrote:Although if Britain is taking away citizenships I'll happily give up my passport for a Swedish or German one, something better anyway.

Mac,
You could travel to Honduras or Guatemala and then join one of the "caravans" to the US border, say you're a refugee seeking asylum and are hoping to caddie on the golf tours. I'm sure you could get in, you speak the lingo after all.

I'll tell the border guards a guy called kwini is willing to let me bunk in his spare room.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 16 Feb 2019, 7:24 pm

In the unlikely event anyone on here reads the Guardian, there is a piece by one of my best mates wife in the magazine section today. She talks about her life as a modern Muslim woman, the ups and downs. It’s worth a read whatever you think about the religion.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun 17 Feb 2019, 8:59 am

Is this online Digs ? Id be interested a lot of our housing tenants were Muslim(when I was working-retired again last week and I'm bored already) I don't think shops round here keep the Guardian. Go into peoples houses and you get a much clearer view of their way of life .

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 17 Feb 2019, 10:02 am

Yep, just search for Guardian weekend magazine, it’s written by Saima Mir.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 Feb 2019, 8:08 am

Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:

That in no way alters the fact you are clearly sexist, whether consciously or unconsciously. I could find loads of examples, but being “controversial” clearly gives you a boner, so I won’t be doing that.

That's nonsense Diggers, I've never said anything remotely sexist on here. Your "faith" that I have cannot be backed up by any direct evidence (as effing usual) You might BELIEVE i'm sexist, but I've never said anything which could ever be construed as such.

As a matter of fact, I think the only time that women have ever been mentioned on this board is in regards to the woeful MP Dianne Abbot, and NOTHING I said about her was in regards to her gender.

As usual, like Mac, and like Beninho, you can't back up a single thing you say.

The laughable claim of "I could find loads of examples" is like a flat earther saying he has "evidence", but "can't be bothered" to dig it out. What a joke.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 Feb 2019, 8:10 am

McLaren wrote:Isn't it quite simple. She comes back and if found guilty of anything she goes down for it? What would you propose happens to her?

Exactly what you say Mac, just a shame we have to pick up the tab for the undoubted security this horrible twerp will require.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 8:58 am

super_realist wrote:Where do people stand on the idiotic schoolgirl trying to come back to the country she hates? I can guess what a few of the Corbynites on here would do, but how about others?
She doesn't seem to be showing any regret or contrition.
If people in WW2 were charged with treason for joining the British Free Corps of the Wehrmacht, shouldn't she face a similar charge?

Bring her back, hire a couple of interrogators from Guantanamo Bay and waterboard her until she spills the beans on the remnants of the organisation she was so besotted by.

I might be economically left but from a crime and punishment perspective you’ll find me somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 18 Feb 2019, 9:13 am

Here’s a thought, children that are groomed online, vulnerable people who are persuaded to go down a path that seems abhorrent to many people, do we refuse them medical,psychological treatment at a later stage in their lives? Because they were so stupid for getting groomed in the first place.
I’m not sure in the logic at play. Everyone accepts children are being radicalised, that dangerous people are seeking them out online, possibly in mosques. That we should stop these bad people and protect the children involved...because they are vulnerable.
I struggle massively with the follow through being that if any of them are radicalised, then we must completely throw these damaged goods under the bus.
I see this in the education system all the time, people have sympathy for a child, they accept the child can become a product of its environment and needs support, then when the child becomes 16 they couldn’t give a toss about the child’s back story and overnight this person simply becomes part of the problem.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 18 Feb 2019, 10:46 am

What diggers said +1.

Jas

I actually think I am pretty right wing when it comes to justice but if that means waterboarding (a technique proven not to work, along with torture in general) a 19 year old new mother who was brainwashed then I have a long way to go to get to right wing justice positions.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 12:11 pm

McLaren wrote:What diggers said +1.

Jas

I actually think I am pretty right wing when it comes to justice but if that means waterboarding (a technique proven not to work, along with torture in general) a 19 year old new mother who was brainwashed then I have a long way to go to get to right wing justice positions.

Contrary to what my previous post may suggest, I do understand where Diggers is coming from in what he’s saying and for the most part I’d go along with it. However in this case, we as a society need to understand the our very way of life is threatened by the people behind this girls brainwashing. At some point in any conflict...it gets ugly and you either have to grab the nettle and follow through fighting fire with fire or appease, try to understand and hope you don’t get your own fire pissed on. The enemy that this girl aligned herself with do not follow conventional rules of warfare. Showing understanding here is more likely to be seen by them as an opportunity. I also don’t think the situation should be played out in the media either, that also gives IS the oxygen of publicity.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 18 Feb 2019, 12:32 pm

Jas

They are a bunch of urchins roaming about the desert in 20 year old pick up trucks. I am not sure we need to be so fearful of them as a threat to the UK that we start torturing victims of child abuse.

The people you need to worry about are the citizens of Iraq and Syria who these yobs have been raping and murdering, not you and your cosy little middle England bungalow lifestyle.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 1:26 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas

They are a bunch of urchins roaming about the desert in 20 year old pick up trucks.  I am not sure we need to be so fearful of them as a threat to the UK that we start torturing victims of child abuse.

The people you need to worry about are the citizens of Iraq and Syria who these yobs have been raping and murdering, not you and your cosy little middle England bungalow lifestyle.

Wtf is a cosy little middle England bungalow lifestyle?? Do you reckon that’s what Chukka and his treacherous little gang of 7 would want to tap into?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 18 Feb 2019, 1:39 pm

Oi I used to have a bungalow in middle england-big one though.
Corbyn any thoughts dead man walking or still on the crusade

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 18 Feb 2019, 1:50 pm

Seven Blairites walk. If it stays at 7, that’s probably a victory for Corbyn. Personally, just see CU as a classic self promoting politician, I suspect Labour leadership will be glad to see him go.
I guess they’ve had the decency to walk, the ECG will stay like a cancer in the Tory party.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 18 Feb 2019, 2:13 pm

The 7 who have resigned were bring talked about for deselction as not labour enough. Now they are being criticized for resigning. I'm a left of centre liberal, not hard left. While I get sone of the thing corbyn says, I still think he would not win an.outright election. In the uk right usually beats left unless left goes to the middle.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 18 Feb 2019, 2:42 pm

JAS wrote:

Wtf is a cosy little middle England bungalow lifestyle?? Do you reckon that’s what Chukka and his treacherous little gang of 7 would want to tap into?

You know the sort of middle class ish English housing scheme where the people are doing ok but they mostly didn't go to uni and watch ITV rather than scandi noir on netflix. With bungalows (obviously) and semi detached houses.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 18 Feb 2019, 2:51 pm

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:

You know the sort of middle class ish English housing scheme where the people are doing ok but they mostly didn't go to uni and watch ITV rather than scandi noir on netflix.  With bungalows (obviously) and semi detached houses.

Let’s face it, Scandi noir is so over trendy and over exposed it’s as likely to be on ITV as Netflix.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 2:56 pm

beninho wrote:The 7 who have resigned were bring talked about for deselction as not labour enough. Now they are being criticized for resigning. I'm a left of centre liberal, not hard left. While I get sone of the thing corbyn says, I still think he would not win an.outright election. In the uk right usually beats left unless left goes to the middle.

I wouldn’t consider myself hard left either although that’s a perception thing. To some people if you even consider that the country should be run in the interest of the many not the few you’re vilified as an anti business snowflake commie.

The way the country is now and the path that it has taken since 1979 to me means that we now need a sharp dose of Socialism to correct the inequalities that have arisen, the social decay that has taken place and the insidious creep of greed that has become the norm. If you then consider who would want to have a real go at addressing that I honestly think Corbyn/McDonnell are much more bought in to that than Chukka and his mates. To be fair to CU, he does have that certain kind of charisma that JC lacks, unfortunately he has no sense of loyalty and perseverance.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:02 pm

To be fair, Dyna, you don’t trust them but are willing to trust your own judgment, which flies in the face of all sensible people economic predictions, and align yourself with the ERG and DUP (complete nutters the lot of them) in supporting a no deal Brexit. Hey ho.
Employment figures are the easiest stat to skew, I’m more interested in employment terms and pay. Not exactly been good news for the economy in the past few weeks. Growth rate predictions plummeting.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:18 pm

Diggers wrote:To be fair, Dyna, you don’t trust them but are willing to trust your own judgment, which flies in the face of all sensible people economic predictions, and align yourself with the ERG and DUP (complete nutters the lot of them) in supporting a no deal Brexit. Hey ho.
Employment figures are the easiest stat to skew, I’m more interested in employment terms and pay. Not exactly been good news for the economy in the past few weeks. Growth rate predictions plummeting.

Breaking news is that you can now add Honda to that list. That’ll be 3.5k jobs in this area directly and goodness knows how many indirectly. I do find it really difficult trying to square Govt ministers stories that we’ve arrived at some kind of UK jobs utopia and announcement after announcement about closures and job losses. Something just doesn’t add up!!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:20 pm

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:

You know the sort of middle class ish English housing scheme where the people are doing ok but they mostly didn't go to uni and watch ITV rather than scandi noir on netflix.  With bungalows (obviously) and semi detached houses.

No I don’t, I look forward to being enlightened by examples of what you think you mean.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:28 pm

If you want to get all boring and serious about it then I guess I probably mean this.

C1 (lower middle class) - Supervisory or clerical and junior managerial, administrative or professional

with a bit of this

C2 (skilled working class) - Skilled manual workers

Who happen to live in estates built in the last 30 years or so that contain predominantly semi detached houses with 2-3 bedrooms, or bungalows.

From NRS social grades of demographic classification.  FFS, when did people on here get so tedious?

Who knew the English lower middle classes were a sacred cow on here.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:37 pm

Be an interesting stat to know what percentage of people who live in a bungalow voted Brexit. 70%? Higher? Surrounded by them in my little South Coast (Tory) seaside town.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:45 pm

Diggers wrote:Be an interesting stat to know what percentage of people who live in a bungalow voted Brexit. 70%? Higher? Surrounded by them in my little South Coast (Tory) seaside town.

Don't diggers. Black people, Jews, women, all standard targets on here. But Bungalow owners!

But yeh, at least 70%.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:48 pm

One of life’s great conundrums, is a bungalow with a loft conversion still a bungalow?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 4:03 pm

McLaren wrote:If you want to get all boring and serious about it then I guess I probably mean this.

C1 (lower middle class) - Supervisory or clerical and junior managerial, administrative or professional

with a bit of this

C2 (skilled working class) - Skilled manual workers

Who happen to live in estates built in the last 30 years or so that contain predominantly semi detached houses with 2-3 bedrooms, or bungalows.

From NRS social grades of demographic classification.  FFS, when did people on here get so tedious?

Who knew the English lower middle classes were a sacred cow on here.
Ok...
1. I don’t go in for all that middle class, lower middle class, working class demographic b0110cks.  That’s the elite’s way of dividing us. There’s the elites and there’s the masses, the masses encompass all those Bs &  Cs
2. I’m not English
3. I don’t live in a bungalow (anymore)

Getting back to the original point, do you think ISIS would distinguish between those groups if planning an attack or do you think those groups when subdivided view the ISIS threat any differently??

Oh nearly forgot....and the elites... they’re the ones that facilitate arms sales to ISIS and help them with their banking and investment activities!!

Last edited by JAS on Mon 18 Feb 2019, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a bit)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 18 Feb 2019, 4:08 pm

Interesting. My detective skills inform me that two people on here, who though not present but formerly were bungalow dwellers, voted Brexit. I’ve a new demographic, the Bungalow Brexiteers!

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 18 Feb 2019, 4:17 pm

Diggers wrote:Interesting. My detective skills inform me that two people on here, who though not present but formerly were bungalow dwellers, voted Brexit. I’ve a new demographic, the Bungalow Brexiteers!

At the time of the Brexit vote I did actually live in a semi detached bungalow....with a loft space conversion. On a small point of trivia when it was still a non loft converted bungalow it was owned by none other than the parents of Melinda Messenger. So...Melinda Messenger grew up in what would eventually be my dining room.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 18 Feb 2019, 9:38 pm

Look guys I only built a bungalow because I couldnt get permission for a house.Please note I built my own property rather than expecting someone to hand me one.
I wouldn't trust a Corbyn government didn't like Blair with a passion but he was very much centre left which is why he got in .I'm still thinking the electorate would not go with a very left situation al la JC and JM whatever the obvious faults of the Conservatives.My take is to work hard for yourself and family and the politics will not make much difference.Dont rely on others in particular politicians who want to change the world.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 Feb 2019, 7:55 am

McLaren wrote:What diggers said +1.

Jas

Do you think she was brainwashed completely, or do you think she was partly responsible for it? She's obviously incredibly thick judging by her interviews, but I don't believe that she was radicalised completely. I think she is at least partly responsible. Some of her quotes have been inexcusable and anyone with even two braincells who was seeking sympathy would at least have the brains to think of something more measured. Her life in the UK will be a misery for her because of how she has acted in this situation.

Hopefully she'll get chucked in jail for a long time and her brat taken away from her.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 Feb 2019, 7:57 am

McLaren wrote:Jas

They are a bunch of urchins roaming about the desert in 20 year old pick up trucks.  I am not sure we need to be so fearful of them as a threat to the UK that we start torturing victims of child abuse.

How does a bungalow lifestyle differ from a peasant tenement lifestyle on 25k Mac?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 Feb 2019, 8:02 am

beninho wrote:The 7 who have resigned were bring talked about for deselction as not labour enough. Now they are being criticized for resigning. I'm a left of centre liberal, not hard left. While I get sone of the thing corbyn says, I still think he would not win an.outright election. In the uk right usually beats left unless left goes to the middle.
/
So why don't they then? For all I dislike Corbyn, he's not a stupid man. He must know that his awful Socialist stance has no chance of getting into power. Hopefully more of these MP's will jump the sinking wreck of  HMS Corbyn and keel haul the idiot. Corbyn has to take responsibility for the state the country is in, because at the very least, he's responsible for not providing a suitable alternative government that is electable.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 Feb 2019, 8:07 am

JAS wrote:
Diggers wrote:To be fair, Dyna, you don’t trust them but are willing to trust your own judgment, which flies in the face of all sensible people economic predictions, and align yourself with the ERG and DUP (complete nutters the lot of them) in supporting a no deal Brexit. Hey ho.

Breaking news is that you can now add Honda to that list. That’ll be 3.5k jobs in this area directly and goodness knows how many indirectly. I do find it really difficult trying to square Govt ministers stories that we’ve arrived at some kind of UK jobs utopia and announcement after announcement about closures and job losses. Something just doesn’t add up!!!

Shame about the jobs, but I don't think the Honda Civic will be missed. One of the ugliest cars ever made.

By the way, the Honda boss has said this is not a Brexit related decision.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 19 Feb 2019, 8:24 am

dynamark wrote:
I'm still thinking the electorate would not go with a very left situation al la JC and JM whatever the obvious faults of the Conservatives.My take is to work hard for yourself and family and the politics will not make much difference.Dont rely on others in particular politicians who want to change the world.  

Yep, pretty much the predominant view Dyna although there is no concrete evidence that a strong left of center Govt would be as horrifically untrustworthy as people fear. The closest the country ever came to a real Socialist Government was the Attlee Govt that rebuilt the country after the war and created the NHS. “How dare they be so radical as govern for the many and not the few, we must make sure that never happens again” said the politics professors at Eton and the like....probably.

A big glee problem for Labour though and at least Blair recognised it and tried to address it is those of us who do work hard for ourselves and expect to live in a meritocracy struggle with the perception that Labour are more interested in protecting the lazy and feckless than rewarding hard workers.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 Feb 2019, 8:40 am

JAS wrote:
dynamark wrote:
I'm still thinking the electorate would not go with a very left situation al la JC and JM whatever the obvious faults of the Conservatives.My take is to work hard for yourself and family and the politics will not make much difference.Dont rely on others in particular politicians who want to change the world.  

Yep, pretty much the predominant view Dyna although there is no concrete evidence that a strong left of center Govt would be as horrifically untrustworthy as people fear. The closest the country ever came to a real Socialist Government was the Attlee Govt that rebuilt the country after the war and created the NHS. “How dare they be so radical as govern for the many and not the few, we must make sure that never happens again” said the politics professors at Eton and the like....probably.

A big glee problem for Labour though and at least Blair recognised it and tried to address it is those of us who do work hard for ourselves and expect to live in a meritocracy struggle with the perception that Labour are more interested  in protecting the lazy and feckless than rewarding hard workers.

Labour have changed their position. Now they are the party for the many, not the Jew.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next