The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 First Class Average

2 posters

Go down

Top 10 First Class Average Empty Top 10 First Class Average

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 23 Feb 2019, 7:11 am

Top 10 First Class Average Whatsa11

Of the top 10 best average, Vijay Merchant is on the 2nd Spot after the mighty Sir Don. I was pleased to see 5 Indians on the list of 10. The big names from 80s till now are missing.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Top 10 First Class Average Empty Re: Top 10 First Class Average

Post by KP_fan Sun 24 Feb 2019, 9:12 am

I think the test averages are included in FC averages and hence rahane and Pujara have dropped out of that list....their FC averages might stil be 60+

The likes of Ajay Sharma, sugewkar, bhave , Bhaskar Pillai, Raman Lamba are all from 1980s

1-Indian FC pitches were graveyard 1980s where neither seamers nor spinners had any assistance
2-Zonal structure meant one or two top team in the zone played a lot of minnows and fattened their averages

Hazare is deserving though......he is always the opening partner of gavasakr in my all time best Indian XI
test match average of 48 in 1940s and 100 in each inning against a fearsome aussie attack in Adelaide
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sun 24 Feb 2019, 10:00 am

Yeah, Hazare was one of the fantastic opener World cricket ever had. He had to play in lack of facilities and still he braved all the oppositions. India still lacks a better opener inspite of being rank 1 side. I hope Prithve shaw becomes the Achilles we are searching for.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down