The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WrestleMania to feature first-ever women's main event

+8
GSC
Beer
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
pauline
Samo
Fernando
12 posters

Go down

WrestleMania to feature first-ever women's main event Empty WrestleMania to feature first-ever women's main event

Post by Fernando Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:08 am

For the first time in WWE history, a women’s match will be the main event of WrestleMania as the Raw Women’s Championship Match featuring Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch will take place on Sunday, April 7, in front of a capacity crowd at MetLife Stadium and streaming live on WWE Network around the world.

Ronda Rousey is the current Raw Women’s Champion, Olympic medalist, the first female UFC Champion and the first woman to be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame. She is also an actress and New York Times bestselling author. Charlotte Flair is a seven-time Champion in WWE, a former Division 1 volleyball player, philanthropist and author. She is the daughter of two-time WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair. Becky Lynch is the 2019 Women's Royal Rumble winner, a two-time SmackDown Women's Champion and was named Wrestler of the Year by both Sports Illustrated and CBS Sports in 2018. She was also the first woman ever to top ESPN’s WWE Power Rankings.

At WrestleMania 32 in 2016, WWE re-branded the Divas Division the Women’s Division and unveiled a new Women’s Championship title. Since that time, the women’s evolution has placed a greater spotlight on WWE’s female Superstars, including more prominent storylines and deeper character development that showcases their athleticism, charisma and star power.

Last October, WWE held it’s first-ever all-women’s pay-per-view event, Evolution, in front of a sold-crowd and millions more watching on WWE Network.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WrestleMania to feature first-ever women's main event Empty Re: WrestleMania to feature first-ever women's main event

Post by Samo Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:18 am

Its 100% the correct decision based on the women involved. Watch WWE Frak it up now and have Charlotte win.

Samo

Back to top Go down

WrestleMania to feature first-ever women's main event Empty Re: WrestleMania to feature first-ever women's main event

Post by Fernando Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:19 am

Samo wrote:Its 100% the correct decision based on the women involved.  Watch WWE Frak it up now and have Charlotte win.

AJ vs Shinsuke was portrayed a main event last year and went on 3rd last. So don't be surprised if it doesn't close the show...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline Mon 25 Mar 2019, 2:01 pm

A sad day for wrestling Seth should be main event win title then get attacked by a jealous Roman reigns

pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Mar 2019, 7:25 pm

It's probably the right move given the build up it's received but I wanted Mania to end with Seth slaying The Beast with The Shield closing Mania, can't say I'm overwhelmed although in fairness not many things overwhelm me in wrestling; I think this was probably sold to Ronda last year though, sign up and we'll give you next years main event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 25 Mar 2019, 8:55 pm

Would have been a really hot main event before they made the story a bit messy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 25 Mar 2019, 8:56 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:It's probably the right move given the build up it's received but I wanted Mania to end with Seth slaying The Beast with The Shield closing Mania, can't say I'm overwhelmed although in fairness not many things overwhelm me in wrestling; I think this was probably sold to Ronda last year though, sign up and we'll give you next years main event

I thought you were dead

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 26 Mar 2019, 6:39 am

pauline wrote:A sad day for wrestling Seth should be main event win title then get attacked by a jealous Roman reigns

I don't share the main event sentiment, but i agree on your logic with Roman.

Right decision by the bosses, but they will screw it up, you can just sense it.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Mar 2019, 7:34 am

Seems like a no brainer given the issues with booking the mens main event while half the participants turn up once a month
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 27 Mar 2019, 4:14 am

SmackDown Spoilers:

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Mar 2019, 5:54 am

Samo wrote:
SmackDown Spoilers:

Spoiler:

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 01 Apr 2019, 7:56 pm

pauline wrote:A sad day for wrestling Seth should be main event win title then get attacked by a jealous Roman reigns

Surely a shield embrace? Given Dean is sacking it off the next day?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 02 Apr 2019, 5:26 am

I've seen the event details

Raw Womans championship - Winner: Randy Orten after he delivers an RKO from outta nowhere to Rousey

Universal Championship - Winner: Dave Batista - Batista, having arrived at the arena all pumped up, runs out to the ring early. He's used the special disspaearing reappearing ink from Who Framed Roger Rabbit and what Triple H has actually signed is for Batista to be in this match. Just as Rollins is about to win, Batista rocks up and suplexes Rollins onto Lesner then picks up the win.

WWE Championship - Winner: Kofi - Kofi wins after baiting Rowan into running into Bryan. Kofi runs around the ring with a delicious mashmallow and Rowan chases after him. Bryan gets clattered but the ref doest rule theres been any reason for a DQ. As Rowan wonders what he's done, Kofi gives the ref the mashmallow and counts the 1,2,3

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre: Draw - The match, after 14.5 mins ends when Reigns pulls out a single malt and offers Drew a dram to settle their differences. Both men head to the pub.

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton - Winner AJ Styles. Styles wins this match and is then surprised when he is handed the Woman's championship which Orten won earlier.

Triple H vs. Batista (No Holds Barred; Triple H's career on the line) - No contest. The match is called off as a newly crowned Universal chamipion Batista walks into the ring, HHH similing away as dave reveals he's wearing an Evolution t-shirt and we find out the two of them have planned this to get the belt off of lesner.

Its all true I tell you.

I'm sure theres' still a part of the world where it's April 1st!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 02 Apr 2019, 5:35 am

tigertattie wrote:
AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton - Winner AJ Styles. Styles wins this match and is then surprised when he is handed the Woman's championship which Orten won earlier.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 02 Apr 2019, 10:21 am

WWE confirm its Winner Take All. Still unclear if this means unification or the winner carries and defends both belts ALA Seth Rollins when he was WWE and US Champion.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:19 am

Samo wrote:WWE confirm its Winner Take All.  Still unclear if this means unification or the winner carries and defends both belts ALA Seth Rollins when he was WWE and US Champion.

I recon will carry both and one will be dropped on the post raw or smackdown to a debuting Shayna Blaszer.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:27 am

I think it'll be both titles held (by Becky), the ability to appear on both Raw and SD after Mania, until losing the SD one (lets be honest) and being solely on Raw.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:29 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Samo wrote:WWE confirm its Winner Take All.  Still unclear if this means unification or the winner carries and defends both belts ALA Seth Rollins when he was WWE and US Champion.

I recon will carry both and one will be dropped on the post raw or smackdown to a debuting Shayna Blaszer.

This would be cool, but I think Baszler has to bully her way into a title shot rather than just get it on debut

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:48 am

This changes everything for me. I thought it was nailed on for Lynch to win, but I honestly wouldn't put it past them to have Flair win

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:54 am

gazzyD wrote:

This changes everything for me. I thought it was nailed on for Lynch to win, but I honestly wouldn't put it past them to have Flair win

Pretty sure their original plan was always Chalotte vs Ronda with Charlotte going over, however after they had that match at Survivor Series they obviously had to change something. I wouldnt be at all surprised if Charlotte does win (because that was their plan) however you just need to look at how over Becky is right now - I believe she's up to third in Merch sales, might be wrong - so it would be wise to go with what the people want.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 02 Apr 2019, 4:54 pm

The arrest segment in general is comedy gold.

If you showed me that without context I'd honestly think it was supposed to be a skit
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 04 Apr 2019, 2:54 pm

I mean they don’t put freinds in the police car together, let aknown 2 people who wanna beat the heck out of each other.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Apr 2019, 2:58 pm

Then Ronda gets behind the wheel
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 04 Apr 2019, 10:36 pm

They certainly don’t then drive them from the station to their place of work with the sirens on after assault, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

Starting to believe this was a McMahon setup

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline Sat 06 Apr 2019, 9:34 pm

It's gonna be the worst main event in wrestlemania history

pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down