The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICC Cricket World Cup - Part 4

+27
eirebilly
It Must Be Love
msp83
sirfredperry
subhranshu.kumar.5
Dolphin Ziggler
Afro
JuliusHMarx
Galted
VTR
Nathaniel Jacobs
compelling and rich
No name Bertie
LondonTiger
lostinwales
jimbohammers
Pal Joey
dummy_half
guildfordbat
alfie
KP_fan
James100
Good Golly I'm Olly
robbo277
JDizzle
Gooseberry
Duty281
31 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

ICC Cricket World Cup - Part 4 - Page 11 Empty ICC Cricket World Cup - Part 4

Post by Duty281 Tue 02 Jul 2019, 9:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yes, England expected to be unchanged. Long boundaries apparently, which will suit England's excellent running ability!

If there were a decent replacement in the wings, I think Rashid's place would be under severe threat. He's got figures of 7/403 from 69 overs in the World Cup so far, which is hardly illuminating stuff.

Last edited by Duty281 on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

ICC Cricket World Cup - Part 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: ICC Cricket World Cup - Part 4

Post by No name Bertie Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:06 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:BBC has hour by hour with % chance of rain. Currently shows it should be cloudy but dry tomorrow for Indias game.

Now showing rain before the start and chance of rain during.

Would be hilarious if the game was rained off and went to a toss of the coin, just to see the rabid conspiracy theories that ensue.
According to the BBC in the event of the game being rained off and a "no result" - the team finishing higher in the table would be declared the victor (ps - I see that robbo277 had previously already mentioned this).

So if all semi-finals were rained off we would have an India vs Australia final.  And if the final was rained off India would be declared the winner.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

ICC Cricket World Cup - Part 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: ICC Cricket World Cup - Part 4

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:19 am

No name Bertie wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:BBC has hour by hour with % chance of rain. Currently shows it should be cloudy but dry tomorrow for Indias game.

Would be hilarious if the game was rained off and went to a toss of the coin, just to see the rabid conspiracy theories that ensue.
According to the BBC in the event of the game being rained off and a "no result" - the team finishing higher in the table would be declared the victor (ps - I see that robbo277 had previously already mentioned this).

So if all semi-finals were rained off we would have an India vs Australia final.  And if the final was rained off India would be declared the winner.

That wouldn't be a bad result really. It would put us all out of our misery I guess. India, after all, have been the best team in this World Cup.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:25 am

No name Bertie wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Booooooooooo.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:36 am

LondonTiger wrote:

Rained  off game would see the higher ranked team go thru
So if there is a washout in their respective games Ind and Aus would go thru...and deservedly so.

The format would have then defaulted to.....all play all and top-2 play in the finals
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:39 am

Its absolutely a fix then...aud chucked their game against SA to make sure India could get through on rain rules.

Deservedly so? Wouldnt that make it that India had got to the final without beating either of the teams who go out?

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:41 am

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/currentwebcams/manchester_united-kingdom_2643123

This shows sun should be out after 9am local time
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:46 am

Aus has declared Handscomb as the replacement for Khawaja batting most likely at 4 and and most likely Smith will bat at 3
Wade has a lot of popular support....but not with the selectors who matter.

Stonis has been declared fit.
While Smith is due for a big one.....Nos 5 &6 i.e Stoinis and Maxwell have been the significantly weaker links with the bat.

Last edited by KP_fan on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:47 am

KP_fan wrote:https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/currentwebcams/manchester_united-kingdom_2643123

This shows sun should be out after 9am local time

Yeah... and covered by a thick grey blanket of cloud no doubt.

I have to put on woollens to watch these matches. Summer is a joke oop there in the norf.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:48 am

Yeah forecasts only have a very small chance of rain through the hours that matter. The pitch might be a bit moist after being covered but there should be a full days play available.

Tomorrow's forecast for edgbaston has a chance of some early rain but should be able to complete a game if they get through their overs at a decent rate.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:53 am

KP_fan wrote:Aus has declared Handscomb as the replacement for Khawaja batting most likely at 4 and and most likely Smith will bat at 3

While Smith is due for a big one.....Nos 5 &6 i.e Stoinis and Maxwell have been the significantly weaker links with the bat.

I heard Maxwell has already been dropped. Unless they are playing mind games it's not hard to understand why... averaging 22.
Pity... I thought they might have given him one more try. But there's no use flogging a dead horse, right?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 10 Jul 2019, 8:19 am

Pal Joey wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Aus has declared Handscomb as the replacement for Khawaja batting most likely at 4 and and most likely Smith will bat at 3

I heard Maxwell has already been dropped. Unless they are playing mind games it's not hard to understand why... averaging 22.
Pity... I thought they might have given him one more try. But there's no use flogging a dead horse, right?

Handscomb over Wade seems a bit of a strange decision to me, unless they know of course Wade will play in place of Maxwell. Would be a risk that though surely, with Stoinis carrying an injury asking him to get through 10 overs as a 5th bowler? I read he is managing two side strains at the moment...not sure how you do that! Very Happy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 8:43 am

He's a tough Greek marble colossus. That's how! Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:00 am

Thinks hes Andre Russell

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:10 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Handscomb over Wade seems a bit of a strange decision to me, unless they know of course Wade will play in place of Maxwell. Would be a risk that though surely, with Stoinis carrying an injury asking him to get through 10 overs as a 5th bowler? I read he is managing two side strains at the moment...not sure how you do that! Very Happy

English fans present their wishes & desires ... about ill-fated possibilities of their opponents( with thinly veiled glee) as if these were facts / confirmed news
But its not just fans...this syndrome extends right thru English commentators with Artherton being the lead almost salivating at the prospect of misfortune of opponent, Isa Guha trying to be a chip of Artherton's block, Hussian and Aggers a bit more dignified& veiled....Botham most crassly overt.
( He almost leapt and danced in the commentary box when Zaheer broke his hamstring in first session of T1 on the 2013-14 tour)

btw Wade bowls medium pace and has done some bowling recently in FC games and picked 8 wickets also recently.
Smith started his career as a Leggie who could bat ...and in this tournament has exhibited skill to bowl leg and off spin in same over...and Finch has already picked a wicket with his part-time bowling in the world cup
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:16 am

No name Bertie wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

If the final gets rained off, the trophy is shared.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:19 am

You forgot David Lloyd, KP_f. The worst of the lot.

As Thommo said: That pr1ck owes me so much money because if I hadn't hit him in the balls, nobody would know who the fOOk he was."

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:22 am

Duty281 wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

If the final gets rained off, the trophy is shared.

Ahhh great... so 5 and a half, 2 and a half, then?

Or half, 2 and a half.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:29 am

KP_fan wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

English fans present their wishes & desires ... about ill-fated possibilities of their opponents( with thinly veiled glee)  as if these were facts / confirmed news
But its not just fans...this syndrome extends right thru English commentators with Artherton being the lead almost salivating at the prospect of misfortune of opponent, Isa Guha trying to be a chip of Artherton's block, Hussian and Aggers a bit more dignified& veiled....Botham most crassly overt.
( He almost leapt and danced in the commentary box when Zaheer broke his hamstring in first session of T1 on the 2013-14 tour)

btw Wade bowls medium pace and has done  some bowling recently in FC games and picked 8 wickets also recently.
Smith started his career as a Leggie who could bat ...and in this tournament has exhibited skill to bowl leg and off spin in same over...and Finch has already picked a wicket with his part-time bowling in the world cup

what on earth are you on about
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:30 am

Blimey KPF is really down on anyone associated with English cricket today. Who's the next target? The woman flipping burgers behind the stand at Edgbaston?

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:36 am

Pal Joey wrote:You forgot David Lloyd, KP_f. The worst of the lot.

As Thommo said: That pr1ck owes me so much money because if I hadn't hit him in the balls, nobody would know who the fOOk he was."

I like Bumble.

Despite KPF's inane ramblings the English commentators tend to be much less partisan than other countries.

Back to who "deserves" to win the tournament. The answer is no one yet. So far in the phony war of the qualifying even the mighty India will not be happy with some of their performances. Add in that they had the chance to knock England out and they choked it would be fateful if that costs them the tournament. England did well to win two knockout games in a row, but we're dreadful in their biggest match to date. Australia thrashed England yet never tried to overhaul India. That each side so far has 1 win and 1 defeat in the head to head matches is appropriate.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:38 am

I can tell you now, there’s no less partisan a pundit than an Aussie. They’re outrageous. PJ may be the calmest you’d ever meet, though I’d love to see him with a Toohey’s in hand during State of Origin!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:46 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I can tell you now, there’s no less partisan a pundit than an Aussie. They’re outrageous. PJ may be the calmest you’d ever meet, though I’d love to see him with a Toohey’s in hand during State of Origin!

You might be waiting a long time, Dolphin.... Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXynfJZhHiw

Matthew Wade bowling and as fast as Plunkett and Bhuvi and Woakes bowl in their second spells
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:52 am

KP_fan wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

English fans present their wishes & desires ... about ill-fated possibilities of their opponents( with thinly veiled glee)  as if these were facts / confirmed news

btw Wade bowls medium pace and has done  some bowling recently in FC games and picked 8 wickets also recently.

Well we had better move those stands over if we are going to face some of that lethally effective leg spin at Edgbaston again. 
regardless of the injuries, which are also biting England (Rashid and Archer ideally wouldnt have played the last couple of rounds)

There may be some glee about Australians getting hurt, might be down to incidents like Warner "wanting to break peoples arms" and Simon Jones being spat on and sworn at for suffering a potentially career ending injury.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:02 am

That's horrible about Simon Jones. Never heard that one before. Maybe they thought he was Welsh and were doing you a favour?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:12 am

KP_fan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXynfJZhHiw

Matthew Wade bowling and as fast as Plunkett and Bhuvi and Woakes bowl in their second spells

Talk it up all you like but he's never bowled in a proper limited overs game in his life. You cant honestly say that hes an adequate replacement for Stoinis with the ball and that Aus wouldn't be taking a risk going into a game with only 4 proper bowlers. Itd be like England sans Stokes relying on Root as their 6th option, not game ending but far from comfortable. 

Full stop though Aus have been hugely reliant on Starc for wickets. I cant see that changing for this game, especially given how much they've struggled against left armers.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:15 am

The tension is building nicely for these matches. I bet the players are really calm though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:19 am

Gooseberry wrote:
KP_fan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXynfJZhHiw

Talk it up all you like but he's never bowled in a proper limited overs game in his life. You cant honestly say that hes an adequate replacement for Stoinis with the ball and that Aus wouldn't be taking a risk going into a game with only 4 proper bowlers.

Look's like you forgot that the discussion was about Wade's likely to replace Maxwell
(and not Stoinis who has been declared fit & so Aussies know what they are doing , especially knowing that M.Marsh was also available.)
So like Maxwell Wade can also chip in with 3 to 4 overs if needed as the 6th bowler, given that Aussies already have Smith and Finch also as 6th bowlers
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:23 am

Let's see if NZ can get above 240. They need every run they can get quite desperately. Just 23 balls left in this innings, a very odd situation for the batsmen!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:46 am

Jadeja takes 2 in 2 balls to dismiss the two set batsman. Runs out Taylor and then catches Latham off Kumar's bowling.

232-7 with 7 balls to go. 250 a stretch. 240 has to be the minimum target from here.

Make that 232-8 with one Bumrah over to go. Santner on strike and he'll have to take him on. A couple of boundaries gives them 240. If he gets out first ball, at least he's had a go.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:54 am

239. A solid effort from where they were positioned at the start this morning, but unlikely to be enough overall.

It's going to come down to what damage Boult and, to a lesser extent, Ferguson can do in their opening spells. Can they expose India's soft middle and lower order early enough?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:01 am

So 7 off that last over including the leg bye and no boundary. 239-8 after 50.

New Zealand aren't defending this without wickets in the powerplay. They need wickets to create some indecision. If Pant comes out at 60-3, does he try to play the situation and build an innings or play his natural game? Let the occasion play on their minds too.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:03 am

India on the money again this morning and Jadeja with flashes of brilliance ion the field....in 2 games he has saved 41 runs said a stat on TV

NZ need wickets and Ind needs not to lose more than 1 in first 10 and no more than 2 in 20...they they will be through without any stutters
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:03 am

I'll be astonished if Wade bowls ...even if he plays. Maxwell and Smith are options . As is Finch though I think that's unlikely.

Wait and see who plays . Handscomb seems inked in . Fair enough as he was unlucky to miss the squad...the same theory that has Denly as England's most likely reserve I guess.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:09 am

Brilliant line and length from Henry, Rohit gone! They've got Kohli to the crease early against a moving new ball.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:10 am

Jadeja is a wonderful fielder clap

One of the reasons I've been surprised he hasn't played more in this WC. He'd always be in my team. Probably saved India ten or more runs this morning by his wickets...
NZ did quite well I think to get to 239. Outside chance to defend it.

Just got a bit better as Henry snares Rohit and India are 4/1 in the second ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:15 am

Oh my word, Boult's got the big'un. 5/2, India in big, big trouble.

Review, but surely it was plumb? Only umpire's call, actually. Never mind. Nightmare start for the Indians.

Last edited by Duty281 on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:16 am

Rohit got a life against both England and Bangladesh on the way to tons. Offers another early chance here and Latham takes it this time.

If Boult gets Kohli here now as well it will send shock waves through this India line-up. They're still good enough to do it, but they'll start to feel the pressure.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:16 am

Kohli chokes again!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:16 am

Kohli gone !

Too early to say NZ favorites ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:17 am

Well done NZ...they have a perfect start and plucked out the two most accomplished batters
Game on.....Ind has to show character if they want to be world champions
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:19 am

Another!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:20 am

alfie wrote:Kohli gone !

Too early to say NZ favorites ?

Narrow favourites, I'd say, mainly because India have a lack of batting depth. 10 and 11 for India are genuine tailenders. 8 and 9 have hardly done any batting recently. Pandya at 7 is very hit and miss as to whether he bats successfully.

And 3 down! Strong favourites. Wow.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:20 am

India is choking
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:23 am

Maybe it wasn’t New Zealand that were lucky the last one was rained off

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:24 am

Well, all the talk was about Boult and Ferguson, but Henry's bowling has been sensational.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:24 am

Kohli in three world cup semi finals - 9, 1, 1.

Just a bilateral ODI and flat track bully Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:24 am

India 2/1, Duty. You’d be a brave man

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:28 am

India has taken too much pressure...they need to counter attack a bit
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:30 am

India 5-3 off 4. When NZ had their huddle and talked about the importance of bowling well first up, I don't think any of them would have realistically expected this.

They've got two hitters in now to do a rebuilding job. Big test for these batsmen. Kartik hasn't hit an ODI 50 for 2 years and Pant hasn't hit one in his (albeit short) career.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next