The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX/GLOUCESTERSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

+4
jimbohammers
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Go down

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX/GLOUCESTERSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST Empty SURREY VS MIDDLESEX/GLOUCESTERSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 07 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm

T20 captain Jade Dernbach has recovered from a back injury to be named in Surrey’s squad for Thursday’s Vitality Blast trip to Lord’s to face Middlesex.
Of the 14 that travelled to Taunton for last Friday’s defeat to Somerset, only Jamie Smith drops out. The 19-year-old has a back injury.  Headscratch
Having missed out on selection for the first Ashes Test, Sam Curran has been released by England for both Thursday and Friday’s Kia Oval match with Gloucestershire.  Very Happy
Rory Burns & Jason Roy have not been made available for selection by the ECB.  mad  furious
Gus Atkinson (back), Matt Dunn (hip) and Liam Plunkett (thumb) are injured while Morne Morkel continues to be rested. The squad for Friday will be announced after Thursday’s London Derby.
The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
FULL SQUAD
Jade Dernbach (captain)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Aaron Finch
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Mark Stoneman
Imran Tahir
Can only see Jade for Smith as the only change for this one though I'm sure Rikki will be keeping a close eye on Patel.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX/GLOUCESTERSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS MIDDLESEX/GLOUCESTERSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Wed 07 Aug 2019, 8:28 pm

JimBob -  clap clap for your dedication.

I'll trust you on the team, mate. You understand this shambles a lot better than me!
As you say, this embarrassment can be seen live on Sky.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX/GLOUCESTERSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS MIDDLESEX/GLOUCESTERSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 08 Aug 2019, 4:19 pm

guildfordbat wrote:JimBob -  clap clap for your dedication.

I'll trust you on the team, mate. You understand this shambles a lot better than me!
As you say, this embarrassment can be seen live on Sky.
thank you Guildford OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:47 pm

team as predicted

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:48 pm

Surrey win the toss and bowl

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 08 Aug 2019, 6:39 pm

sad times for Rikki shot to pieces Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Aug 2019, 7:11 pm

Good job we pack our side with bowling isn’t it...going really well that...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Aug 2019, 7:19 pm

Tahir was good again I see
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Aug 2019, 8:51 pm

Good job we demoted Foakes so far down the order, really good decision that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 08 Aug 2019, 8:57 pm

Was just about to ask.. Why is Foakes batting at 8? Tom Curran at 4?!

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:00 pm

117-2 off 11.2 overs to 139-7 off 16.2 overs is impressively bad even by Surrey standards
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:01 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Was just about to ask.. Why is Foakes batting at 8? Tom Curran at 4?!

Absolutely no idea Jimbo - the t20 side has been an utter shambles this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:17 pm

Fortunately we don’t have Sky Sports so didn’t get to see the shambles that was....hard really to thInk of anything positive to say...except I don’t think we are bottom are we?

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:30 pm

another day another defeat Rolling Eyes
as the other have said no point playing Foakes if you don't bat him at 5 warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:57 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:another day another defeat Rolling Eyes
as the other have said no point playing Foakes cricket if you don't bat him at 5 're Surrey warning

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:58 pm

Can we just get rid of Tahir now, why pay this clown to bowl 4 joke overs every game, any one else can bowl that crap without having to pay extra for the 'privilege'

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 08 Aug 2019, 10:14 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Tahir was good again I see
good 1st over Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 09 Aug 2019, 9:05 am

Had the misfortune to go to the game - very annoying the way we therw it away, but then again if you go into a game with 3 or 4 batsmen you wil lstruggle to score runs.
The bowling was generally awful - Dernbach bowled himself for his 4 full overs despite going for 48 runs and his captaincy is awful - why keep giving people one over at a time and why only give Sam 2 overs? Get rid of him! Cannot understand why we signed Tahir - why not play Virdi? Why is either Clark/e playing as neither add anything to the bowling (except the opposition total) and neither can bat? Why is Foakes coming in so low (although his keeping was a bit untidy yesterday so does he still have a knock?)?

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 09 Aug 2019, 2:49 pm

same squad for Gloucestershire
Patel will probably come in for Clarke though I doubt the result will be any different

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 09 Aug 2019, 2:51 pm

Gooseberry wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:another day another defeat Rolling Eyes
as the other have said no point playing Foakes cricket if you don't bat him at 5 're Surrey warning
oh yeah

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Fri 09 Aug 2019, 9:50 pm

The Surrey circus is still in town, completely thrashed with 8 wickets still in hand

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 10 Aug 2019, 11:54 pm

thegooch7 wrote: The Surrey circus is still in town, completely thrashed with 8 wickets still in hand
bit harsh gooch felt duckwoth lewis screwed us over on this one

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down