The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit

+32
Fernando
dyrewolfe
MrInvisible
TwisT
superflyweight
BamBam
TRUSSMAN66
Trebs
alfie
Tattie Scones RRN
Steffan
Afro
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
maestegmafia
Samo
Shifty
Pal Joey
aucklandlaurie
CaledonianCraig
SecretFly
It Must Be Love
Pr4wn
No name Bertie
Soul Requiem
navyblueshorts
lostinwales
Galted
rodders
Luckless Pedestrian
JuliusHMarx
36 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Brexit - Page 17 Empty Brexit

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Tea anyone?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Brexit - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit

Post by Samo Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Now is the time for Labour and the Lib Dems to pit aside their pettiness and come to an agreement over who should be temporary PM after a VonC. If Johnson refuses an extension I cant see where else to go.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 pm

dont think boris is allowed to without parliament saying so.

Hence the petulant child act.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Samo wrote:Now is the time for Labour and the Lib Dems to pit aside their pettiness and come to an agreement over who should be temporary PM after a VonC. If Johnson refuses an extension I cant see where else to go.

Yes but if they go with Corbyn they'll be very lucky to get over the line and then we'll be left with another minority government lead by a leader hated by much of the population. He won't be able to build a cabinet out of yes men, and will find it hard to get any kind of legislation through. Still better than Johnson and the morons, but its going to be a very tough gig and one that Corbyn would not survive.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:52 pm

A "Labour + SNP + ..." coalition government could only be achieved with Labour agreeing to an IndyRef2 for Scotland.  This will almost certainly lead to an independent Scotland as i doubt Jeremy Corbyn could persuade Scotland to stick with "England" and Westminster.  So that scenario in my opinion would certainly lead to an Independent Scotland.  

However it is not clear to me Jeremy Corbyn would allow such an opportunity to arise - so I am not sure Jeremy Corbyn would ever ally Labour to the SNP in forming a coalition government.

For me as I see things at the moment, the future for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and NI is looking less than rosy.

Brexit is the type of thing that should only be considered from a position of strength rather than a position of weakness.  And secondly it needs to be a long muti-phased withdrawal - with the first phase being transitioning to a full customs union with the EU (but with no "voting rights"). This is of course, just my opinion.

Last edited by No name Bertie on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:55 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Samo wrote:Now is the time for Labour and the Lib Dems to pit aside their pettiness and come to an agreement over who should be temporary PM after a VonC. If Johnson refuses an extension I cant see where else to go.

Yes but if they go with Corbyn they'll be very lucky to get over the line and then we'll be left with another minority government lead by a leader hated by much of the population. He won't be able to build a cabinet out of yes men, and will find it hard to get any kind of legislation through. Still better than Johnson and the morons, but its going to be a very tough gig and one that Corbyn would not survive.

Didn't they win the Mercury Music Prize one year?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:44 pm

No name Bertie wrote: so I am not sure Jeremy Corbyn would ever ally Labour to the SNP in forming a coalition government.

It is amazing how people's principles change though when faced with only one opportunity of power. Look at the Lib Dems
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm

Afro wrote:
No name Bertie wrote: so I am not sure Jeremy Corbyn would ever ally Labour to the SNP in forming a coalition government.

It is amazing how people's principles change though when faced with only one opportunity of power. Look at the Lib Dems

Obviously a glaring and good point but for me still a little evasive. I'd suggest replacing 'change' with 'disintegrate'. Principles don't really exist in politics - opportunism always kicks the schidt out of them eventually.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:40 pm

Norman Smith wrote:And there are those in government who are deeply wary of a winter election. Why? Bluntly, because it is so blooming cold.

No-one is going to thank him if they have to tramp off to the polling station in the bleak midwinter. There's a fear that older voters would be the most likely not to turn up - yet those may be the ones who were keenest to back Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50153910

Interesting!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Older voters are more likely to have a postal vote, so won’t need to worry about traipsing down to a polling station on a given winter’s day.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:14 pm

They are also less likely to be working/more likely to be retired, so have all day to make there way to the polling station, whereas those working will have to get there before/after work, when is likely to be dark and at its most "wintery"
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Duty281 wrote:Older voters are more likely to have a postal vote, so won’t need to worry about traipsing down to a polling station on a given winter’s day.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen 'traipsing' written down Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Laugh

This really is Monty Python stuff. The folks afraid of an election don't want one coz it's cold out in the winter.

It's cold out in the winter when the shops are full of Christmas shoppers too...men, women, kids, grannies who whittle sticks for a living.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:36 am

Yep. Ridiculous. If it's come to the point where it really does make a difference what the weather is re. when to call an election, this country is FUBAR beyond salvaging. Utterly pathetic. I'm not sure we deserve to be able to vote; we certainly don't deserve to criticise an outcome of any vote that we don't like, Brexit included.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:02 am

Was pretty funny hearing that Labour MP say that him and his wife took longer to deliberate what sofa to get than Parliament was being given to debate this Agreement.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:50 am

A friend at work has placed a bet on Brexit not being sorted by this time next year. He was pushed to confirm he meant the withdrawal agreement not being implemented or leaving without a deal or staying in. The limbo we are in now.

His reasoning is that there will be a VONC, with a coalition government forming. Labour will have the majority in that and will push for a re-negotiation that EU will turn noses up at. This forces them to call a 2nd referendum, which Remain wins but narrowly. There will then be court cases to say this result is void as the first referendum should have been carried out and is just as much the "will of the people" as the first one was. This draws out the whole process into 2021.

Whereas I think this is pretty absurd, a) we have seen enough already to think anything is possible and b) if it does happen and he makes some money out of it then it will be the happiest outcome I have felt around the whole subject!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 am

TwisT wrote:A friend at work has placed a bet on Brexit not being sorted by this time next year. He was pushed to confirm he meant the withdrawal agreement not being implemented or leaving without a deal or staying in. The limbo we are in now.

His reasoning is that there will be a VONC, with a coalition government forming. Labour will have the majority in that and will push for a re-negotiation that EU will turn noses up at. This forces them to call a 2nd referendum, which Remain wins but narrowly. There will then be court cases to say this result is void as the first referendum should have been carried out and is just as much the "will of the people" as the first one was. This draws out the whole process into 2021.

Whereas I think this is pretty absurd, a) we have seen enough already to think anything is possible and b) if it does happen and he makes some money out of it then it will be the happiest outcome I have felt around the whole subject!

Referendums are advisory so that will never happen.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:47 am

TwisT wrote:A friend at work has placed a bet on Brexit not being sorted by this time next year. He was pushed to confirm he meant the withdrawal agreement not being implemented or leaving without a deal or staying in. The limbo we are in now.

What I think is sad is that it seems to me "the people" are not really much the wiser about the functioning of the EC/EU, how entangled the UK is within the EU, the difficulty of disentangling the UK from the EU, the time it takes to create new trade and other agreements with international partners, precisely what the UK is giving up, precisely what the advantages are of leaving the EU, the degree of flexibility the UK had with regard to adopting EU policies (other countries tend to find ways of avoiding certain things they don't like about EU regulations) and so on.

It is so complex that not even the experts that devote their full time to the EU understand fully the ins and outs of all the issues - with some things resolvable only through the courts.  [Ps: and it also depends on exactly what leaving deal is agreed to - and nobody knows what precisely that is].

So I don't blame "the people" for this lack of understanding but I do blame the media in the way they are reporting on it - especially the BBC who are guaranteed the license money and other benefits for the purposing of informing and explaining such matters to the public.  And I do blame our political system.

In general "the people" will focus on simplified issues (that may be misleading) and place a lot of emphasis on what politicians they can "trust".

Last edited by No name Bertie on Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:49 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

No they're not always.
The 2011 alternative vote referendum result was compulsory rather than advisory.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:56 am

Hero wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

No they're not always.
The 2011 alternative vote referendum result was compulsory rather than advisory.

For the most part they’re also only advisory if there is new legislation that needs to be passed. Seeing as a vote for Remain means nothing would change that decision is automatically implemented so technically its binding.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am

No name Bertie wrote:

What I think is sad is that it seems to me "the people" are not really much the wiser about the functioning of the EC/EU, how entangled the UK is within the EU, the difficulty of disentangling the UK from the EU, the time it takes to create new trade and other agreements with international partners, precisely what the UK is giving up, precisely what the advantages are of leaving the EU, the degree of flexibility the UK had with regard to adopting EU policies (other countries tend to find ways of avoiding certain things they don't like about EU regulations) and so on.

It is so complex that not even the experts that devote their full time to the EU understand fully the ins and outs of all the issues - with some things resolvable only through the courts.  [Ps: and it also depends on exactly what leaving deal is agreed to - and nobody knows what precisely that is].

So I don't blame "the people" for this lack of understanding but I do blame the media in the way they are reporting on it - especially the BBC who are guaranteed the license money and other benefits for the purposing of informing and explaining such matters to the public.  And I do blame our political system.

In general "the people" will focus on simplified issues (that may be misleading) and place a lot of emphasis on what politicians they can "trust".

I agree with a lot of this. The BBC seems far too quick to run vox-pop pieces from around the country, which not only don't help inform the viewer on what is a very complicated business, but almost encourage the viewer not to even try to understand it, by giving the impression that no one else understands it either. It also encourages the view that parliament and MPs are remote and different from the man (or woman) in the street, which is very unhelpful, unless you're seeking to capitalise on such a mindset.

The BBC falls down here, too: Kuenssberg will say that MPs oppose this or that, but won't go on to explain why they oppose it, and what the specific objections are. It's all too general. And into the space left by that vital information, the government can insert whatever invented reason plays best with its target audience.

What's especially depressing is seeing the same people who exploited the public's ignorance of the EU and our relationship with it now seeking to exploit the public's ignorance of how our own country works - parliament, the courts, et cetera.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Duty281 wrote:Older voters are more likely to have a postal vote, so won’t need to worry about traipsing down to a polling station on a given winter’s day.

I don't think the Tories are worried about traipsing..

More worried about relying on the Royal Mail in December during the Christmas rush when they have five times more mail than any other time of year...

Certainly Corbyn should go for a date as close to Christmas as possible..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:54 pm

If there is anything I can say about voting in my little English village, the old buggers take it as a great day. Going up there, chatting away, they enjoy it more than a wake.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:01 am

When exactly is this Extension going to be Requested and Granted and Accepted?

I assume this double letter from Boris Johnson one without his signature and one with his signature - with words to the effect 'I have been forced to apply for an extension but please don't accept my extension request - let's just allow the Oct 31 deadline to pass and allow the no-deal default to occur' (Or maybe I am wrong on that interpretation).

Anyway I am keen to know if and when there is going to be an extension to the Oct. 31 deadline. Thanks.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:23 am

'EU ambassadors are meeting to discuss what length of Brexit delay to offer the UK, as MPs consider Boris Johnson's call for an early election.

'BBC Europe correspondent Kevin Connolly said the EU had hoped the decision on the length of delay would be made on Friday, though it was possible it could be moved until early next week - potentially with an emergency summit - to allow events at Westminster to unfold.

'A stand-off could emerge, he added, where the EU wants to wait to see how Parliament reacts to the election proposal, while MPs want to first see what sort of extension will be offered.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50175914

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:30 pm

The whole process has become a farce.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 pm

No name Bertie wrote:The whole process has become a farce.

'Become'? You're an optimistic glass-half-full chap, ain't you,

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Claudius..."I will die in a ditch if we are not out on Oct 31 !!!"

Hope he isn't going to disappoint us..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:10 pm

He also said 'no ifs or buts'. There are several of those now.

I've said before, the man has learnt nothing from Theresa May's experience. Don't make promises you don't have the power to make.

On the subject of the proposed general election, Sebastian Payne - no remainer - was on Sky News this morning saying that all the models he's looked at point to another hung parliament. It's more a question of which seats will change hands.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:55 pm

I seem to recall the BBC mocking David Cameron for the "new deal" he got with the EU prior to the start of the 2016 EU Referendum Campaign.

Then during the 2016 EU Referendum Campaign the BBC seemed to take sides with the Remain Campaign in what became known as project fear.

Since the result of the EU Referendum Campaign - it seems the BBC have continued to run stories in support of remaining / second referendum in a continuation of what some consider to be project fear.

And yet they mock the Conservatives for not implementing Brexit and so effectively not delivering on their promises (which some say is equivalent to lieing).

It is as if the BBC don't really care and are only interested in sensationalist storymaking, discrediting others, and laying blame.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:00 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote: saying that all the models he's looked at point to another hung parliament.

Better looking models needed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Or a well hung parliament.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Or a well hung parliament.

Now you're watching the right movie.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:19 pm

A genuine question: what do people make of the government proclaiming that we have a 'zombie parliament' that's 'blocking Brexit', when just this week it has voted in favour of both the Queen's speech and a second reading of the Withdrawal Agreement Bill? How exactly is the government not getting its way here?

Boris Johnson's team seems to me to be more interested in tomorrow's headlines than anything else. There doesn't seem to be that much long-term thinking, not least in considering how leave supporters may feel on learning that passing the Withdrawal Agreement doesn't 'get Brexit done' at all.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:44 pm

I'd assume the majority of actual Leave voters have long since left the parliament and the government to its Alice in Wonderland dalliances, with Bercow as the Mad Hatter at his Tea Party of course.

I think the Leave voters plan to make itknown what they think when they get an Election.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:08 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:A genuine question: what do people make of the government proclaiming that we have a 'zombie parliament' that's 'blocking Brexit', when just this week it has voted in favour of both the Queen's speech and a second reading of the Withdrawal Agreement Bill? How exactly is the government not getting its way here?

Boris Johnson's team seems to me to be more interested in tomorrow's headlines than anything else. There doesn't seem to be that much long-term thinking, not least in considering how leave supporters may feel on learning that passing the Withdrawal Agreement doesn't 'get Brexit done' at all.

The Johnson pitch of let’s have an election or I won’t let you debate my deal to leave certainly doesn’t make any sense. So he is saying if we don’t have an election he will accept we aren’t leaving? Dead in a ditch and all that.

Just the many in the long line of contradictions. Right next to suspending parliament is nothing to do with Brexit, we need to have a Queens Speech to get our radical domestic agenda done to now if you don’t vote for an election we are going on strike.

Classic Dom.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:A genuine question: what do people make of the government proclaiming that we have a 'zombie parliament' ...
Personally it means nothing to me - it is just politics. I am only really interested at this moment in time in avoiding Brexit if it is possible (my personal choice & reasoning) and not being taken unawares that somehow Britain has been defaulted out of the EU.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:On the subject of the proposed general election, Sebastian Payne - no remainer - was on Sky News this morning saying that all the models he's looked at point to another hung parliament. It's more a question of which seats will change hands.

Indeed, if the U.K. doesn’t leave on October 31st and we have a GE in December/January then the Tories current lead will evaporate, as they will lose a lot of support to the Brexit Party.

Could end up with a situation where a December/January GE leaves the four biggest parties all getting between 20-30% of the vote. If that happened, it could be the death blow to FPTP, with a hung parliament having been delivered on three out of the last four elections.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:10 pm

Dont think the Brexit Company Ltd. will get enough seats to be a major factor. I think we’re looking at a Lab-LD-SNP coalition on the proviso that Labour let the SNP have another referendum.

Problem is a GE still wont solve the Brexit issue.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:15 am

Well Samo if the latter happened with Labour and SNP coalition (will leave Lib Dems out as they wouldnt join such a coalition) it would tell us definitely that people do not want a Boris Brexit. Labour are pushing for a softer Brexit with referendum on it thereafter with a sort of customs union involved. If the EU knew Labour's softer Brexit intention then they would definitely re-open negotiations.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 am

Deadline “flex”tended to 31st Jan, but we have the ability to leave sooner should the WA make it through Parliament. A General Election now looks certain, only question is when.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am

Samo wrote:Deadline “flex”tended to 31st Jan, but we have the ability to leave sooner should the WA make it through Parliament. A General Election now looks certain, only question is when.

It is all a great mess really.

The Tories want a General Election with all polls showing they will increase their seat count and perhaps get a majority allowing them to push through whatever bills they want with regards to Brexit.

Labour do not want a General Election until No Deal is off the table and most polls suggest they could lose more seats than they'd gain.

The Lib Dems want a General Election but on terms including No Deal coming off the table and agreeing to a People's Referendum (well a GE would be as good as that anyway).

The SNP also want No Deal taking off the table but are keen for a General Election as all polls suggest they will gain between 10 to 15 seats in Scotland which they will show as a mandate for Indy Ref2.

As I see it an early December election makes sense for several reasons. It will allow voters to voice their opinion on the Brexit situation so would be a sort of People's Referendum. If the Tories do increase their seat count to a point of majority then surely the people have spoken and the Deal on the table will then get passed. If Labour get enough seats and parliament is hung then they can form a coalition government and would have time to put their own plans in to the EU for their own deal. I am certain the EU would be all ears given that Labour prefer a softer Brexit. A General Election would seem the most logical way to break the deadlock at Westminster.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:12 pm

No Deal off the table is a bizarre position. No Deal is always going to be on the table unless you revoke article 50. And if that is what they want, just come out and say (the Libs did say they would if they win a majority, lol, to be fair).

Not sure whether an extension to January 31st makes a GE more or less likely? They will have to crack on with voting for one, otherwise time will slip away and we’ll be in the same situation we are now where the non-Tories won’t vote for one as it is too close to the deadline and risks slipping out with no deal.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 pm

I am going to celebrate the Brexit extension to 31 Jan 2020. I was worried that Britain would default out of the EU Oct 31 2019.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

The problem with a GE is that although it will be dominated by Brexit, it will be fought over many other issues.

There is no satisfactory route forward. I believe a confirmatory referendum would be one of the least unsatisfactory routes but the Conservatives really don't want it as they'd probably lose, and Labour are reluctant, apparently because of some kind of combo of JC being a Brexit (with a deal) supporter and not wanting to scare Brexiteers away.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:49 pm

GE in December looks odds on now..

Latest seat betting..

Con 317-325
Lab 202-210
Lib 45 - 50.....

Tories vacillating between a minority and majority...

Not sure 317 would be enough for Johnson to sustain now the DUP are hostile...(Minority Govt with these bunch of ultra right wing planks wouldn't last long)..Lib Dems could go in with them again but they can right off the Election after that so I'm not sure that will ride..

Hard to see how Labour's Brexit positioning gets them a chip in the game....Poorly handled...

Not sure what I see happening.......Hopefully a ton of tactical voting..

Corbyn is crap but I will be darned if I want a mysogynistic...racist....bigot winning another Election...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:GE in December looks odds on now..

Latest seat betting..

Con 317-325
Lab 202-210
Lib  45 - 50.....

Tories vacillating between a minority and majority...

Not sure 317 would be enough for Johnson to sustain now the DUP are hostile...(Minority Govt with these bunch of ultra right wing planks wouldn't last long)..Lib Dems could go in with them again but they can right off the Election after that so I'm not sure that will ride..

Hard to see how Labour's Brexit positioning gets them a chip in the game....Poorly handled...

Not sure what I see happening.......Hopefully a ton of tactical voting..

Corbyn is crap but I will be darned if I want a mysogynistic...racist....bigot winning another Election...

I suppose the hope for you Trussman is that Corbyn can whip up the support like he did last time once the campaigning starts and can boost things so that the Tories fall short of a majority s I see no way any other party will want to form a coalition with them.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 pm

I'm more interested in stopping the Tories winning a majority than seeing Corbyn in Downing Street....

Rather it was Starmer.....Thornberry etc...But we are where we are..

BUT I prefer Corbyn to Johnson.....Odious creature.

Certainly hope People go with the Party most likely to beat the Tories in their district.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:15 pm

The Tories slide down the polls, and the Brexit Party’s incline, is set to begin.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm

I do think Labour would make inroads into those numbers quoted above when campaigning began. Everything is Brexit at the moment and they have no position, once Corbyn can get on to austerity and public services... that is where they are stronger.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:43 pm

You're right Corbyn is an odious creature.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next