The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread

+28
profitius
Dollar Bill
demosthenes
Anglobraveheart
Pot Hale
king_carlos
TJ
Hazel Sapling
Tattie Scones RRN
Tramptastic
bsando
cakeordeath
George Carlin
BigGee
funnyExiledScot
mikey_dragon
Mad for Chelsea
reallybored
TheMildlyFranticLlama
NeilyBroon
EWT Spoons
nickj
Brendan
jimbopip
RDW
Kingshu
tigertattie
32 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

banter - Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread - Page 3 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread

Post by BigGee Mon 09 Sep 2019, 5:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well a new season is probably time to start off a new thread.

2 weeks to the start of the season and both sides with one more pre season game to go. A lot of unknowns this season again, due to the number of players away with Scotland and other countries for the WC.

For Glasgow, can they continue their general excellence that took them on a fantastic end of season run to the Pro 14 Final, where they just fell short. It might be their last campaign under Dave Rennie, so can they go one better?

Edinburgh also have questions to ask, the main one being whether they can ever pass the ball past the FH and how soon before their wingers are likely to go blue from hypothermia? On a more positive note though, they may finally be playing in Mini Murrayfield by autumn 2020. So only one more year to bear playing in the library!

Good luck to both teams for the coming season, though Edinburgh are more likely to need it than Glasgow!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

banter - Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread

Post by tigertattie Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:22 pm

George Carlin wrote:I did notice on my app this morning that Glasgow got spanked in their first two games of the season. Has anyone been watching? What are the issues?

Usual reason for Glasgow being spanked, your pack is powderpuff.

In all honesty though, with a lot of players being away it seems to have upset the dynamics of your team. Matt Fagerson for example was pretty woeful last week even tothe extent that the pundits were scorning that he was being considered by some to bein the WC squad and that his performance that night shows exactly why is isnt in the sqaud.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

banter - Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread

Post by cakeordeath Fri 11 Oct 2019, 8:36 pm

The sound on my TV must not be working properly I am sure I can hear what sounds like booing at the RDS

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 16 Oct 2019, 2:39 pm

Oomph! It's quite a nice change to be looking on the Club section again after such a frustrating World Cup.

Edinburgh seem to be managing okay (despite the Leinster game) without their international players. Sure it'll be welcome relief to have them back soon though. Will all the Scottish international players be back for the fixtures in a few weeks time?

From what I've seen glimpses of, Groom seems to be doing well and it's great to have Carmichael back, Marfo still not playing.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 16 Oct 2019, 3:27 pm

I'm not sure what the patter is for returning players.

Some will likely need a rest if they playmed most of the WC games. Some could go right back in. But rememebr the returnees will have missed the club pre-season so they may need a few weeks training to get onto the same page as thier clubmates again.

I'll now return to watching the Pro 14 with more interest than the "World Cup" which in my humble opinion is now totally devalued with not all games being played, NZ hiding from Italy, England getting a free pass, Wales getting the easiest group to get out of, Ireland getting to the QF despite not even managing to beat japan, Scotland not being there Run

The histoty books will show (potentially)

2003 winners - England
2009 winners - SA
2011 winners - NZ
2015 winners - NZ
2019 winners - NZ*

*Denotes a devalued competition as not all games were played and no SH team that got to the QF had to face Scotland
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Thu 17 Oct 2019, 8:31 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how Edinburgh get on. With Scott and Bennett playing well in the first few games it'll be good to see how they crack on with their 1st choice forwards in the side.

I hope Bradbury gets more game time at 8 with him and Mata rotating more this season, Bradbury was immense when he got going at the world cup.

Glasgow have looked shaky and *sigh* Huw Jones was dropped for GRIGG. AGAIN.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 17 Oct 2019, 4:36 pm

DTH has announced his international retirement. Guessing Glasgow may well be his last club as well.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 19 Oct 2019, 1:54 pm

Interestingly one of the Scottish blogs, Thistle I think, tweeted just after Rory best swansong this afternoon, that they had heard Frazer Brown going to Ulster to replace him.

Not clear if they meant immediately or at the end of the season?

Not quite as wacky an idea as it seems maybe. Brown is 30 and probably looking for a decent final contract, especially with his injury and concussion issues. He could easily be one of the internationals who might call it a day now.

Glasgow have 4 decent hooker options now, including Brown and the Scottish Scouser, Mathews is also showing a bit of promise.

Might the Warriors accept letting him go and clear some payroll and let Turner, Stewart and the new Fijian take the reins?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 19 Oct 2019, 8:13 pm

I wonder if there is any truth in this: the Red Hand Gang must have someone lined up, but Chuckles' injury record wouldn't mark him out as a long term replacement. Jonny Matthis looks like a good squad player in the making. As for Dolokoto... After our previous Fijiweegie wizards he's more Slytherin than Griffindor. Malfoy to Niko's Harry.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 19 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm

Thistle podcast latter tweeted that they thought it was for next season, not this one.

Would probably make more sense.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 20 Oct 2019, 1:53 am

Aussie media reporting that Dave Rennie will replace Michael Cheika

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 20 Oct 2019, 9:03 pm

RDW wrote:Aussie media reporting that Dave Rennie will replace Michael Cheika

Got to be the smart money choice!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Oct 2019, 8:09 am

BigGee wrote:
RDW wrote:Aussie media reporting that Dave Rennie will replace Michael Cheika

Got to be the smart money choice!
They've been reporting that since January in the Sydney Morning Herald. Scott Johnson has been lining this up for ages and Rennie will take Matt Taylor with him. Rennie has said that he will see out his contract for this season, but Dodson does like money so a buy-out of Rennie's contract is definitely possible if the Wallabies are willing to throw the money at it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 21 Oct 2019, 8:27 am

No massive need for them to buy him out, he will be available by the summer anyway. He would knly miss a few games.

It might depend on how Glasgow's season goes though, of it does not improve then everyone might be happy to end things early

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:04 am

BigGee wrote:No massive need for them to buy him out, he will be available by the summer anyway. He would knly miss a few games.

It might depend on how Glasgow's season goes though, of it does not improve then everyone might be happy to end things early

Who goes to Glasgow then to replace rennie?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:37 am

tigertattie wrote:
BigGee wrote:No massive need for them to buy him out, he will be available by the summer anyway. He would knly miss a few games.

I think GC and I could manage it on a job-share basis.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 21 Oct 2019, 12:07 pm

Glasgow can take Duncan Hodge as head coach and Edinburgh can take jason O'Halloran. Sounds fair.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Oct 2019, 12:56 pm

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

To be fair Jimbo, you'd probably make a better fist of it than some of the Muppets that the SRU may look at bringing in.

I can see you giving the team homework like reading 6 chapters of war and peace by friday. Thank god Shrek has not come back!!!

GC can sue any opposition who dont let you win.

He can also sue players who dont read enough of Jimbo's literature homework

Mind you, GC might also sue jimbo becuase, well, GC is a dodgey ambulance chasing shyster.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Oct 2019, 1:03 pm

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

I already have our attack coach lined up, Jim:
banter - Glasgow and Edinburgh banter thread no. 23 - New season, new thread - Page 3 Uncle_12
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Oct 2019, 1:16 pm

Compounding the errors Georgie; we need a defence coach with balls of steel. Let's ask Flounder if Ursula is available. After all she and Batman are sympatico. steam

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Oct 2019, 3:22 pm

jimbopip wrote:Compounding the errors Georgie; we need a defence coach with balls of steel. Let's ask Flounder if Ursula is available. After all she and Batman are sympatico. steam

Ursula laughing

jimbo is heading towards a ban

For a defence coach, may I suggest Peter Wright? Surely he would get the boys on the same page! Even if that page is leaving the commentary box to give the touch judge a piece of your mind!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 23 Oct 2019, 9:26 am

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 23 Oct 2019, 9:31 am

In other news, Glasgow in the form of John Dalziel, pushing back quite strongly to the idea that Dave Rennie to Australia is a done deal. Says he could well stay at Glasgow for years to come.

Hard to know what to make of that as he risks making himself a bit of an idiot of the news comes out in the next few weeks that he signs for them!

Maybe he does fancy the Scotland job a bit more and is waiting to see how Toonie gets on in the next 6N before making up his mind!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 23 Oct 2019, 10:59 am

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 24 Oct 2019, 3:33 pm

Ozzy press now saying that Rennie is all but confirmed as the new wallabies coach.

John Dalziel May be looking stupid sooner rather than later.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 24 Oct 2019, 3:43 pm

Well it seems to be the worst kept secret in rugby!

The speculation seems to have moved on to who will take over from him!

In other news, Hoggy gets straight back in the saddle and starts for Exeter tomorrow night.

No holiday for him!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 24 Oct 2019, 4:03 pm

Glad to see Hoggy getting up and running straight away. I still think he needs game time he’s been steadily better but still a long way off his best at the moment. 

I was very surprised by that article and Dalziel’s comments, seemed totally against everything that had been said in press (including Rennies own words). Saying that, Australian media are awful and wouldn’t be surprised if they were jumping the gun early.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:43 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50180574

Looks like the SRU have accepted the inevitable and the search is on for Rennie's successor.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:48 am

Interesting that wilson is on shortlist. Looks to me like a lateral move to get him out of the Scotland camp without having to buy out his contract. My money's on that happening tbh. He may do well at glasgow imo.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Fri 25 Oct 2019, 5:19 pm

I think if Rennie is off now, and it seems likely, I don't think it reflects too well on him. If he had his eye on international coaching after the World Cup is when jobs tend to come up, he would have known that when he signed on at Glasgow. His time at Glasgow will be very much so in the "what might have been" category. It has never quite happened. He has done well to keep them up at the top at a time when a lot of the stars from the team that won the Pro12 and finally broke out of the group stages in Europe have got on a bit or moved on. The stars of that team were Nakarawa, Strauss, Russell, Van Der Merwe, Seymour and Hogg. The first four moved on before or during his tenure. Seymour hasn't quite been the same since 2017 and Hogg's been almost permanently injured or away with Scotland. Then you can factor in Dunbar's loss of form, Bennett's injury and departure and a few of the other squad guys moving on. So in some respects they've not quite kicked on as they should however it's equally true that he's not had bad players either and not having won anything or really kicked on in Europe means Glasgow have really stayed still and no more. If he takes Matt Taylor with him and Wilson move across then it provides a real opportunity for Scotland to refresh. It will be interesting to see how much control over appointments Townsend gets, if it's real Toonie appointments we can expect to see him stay in post for the foreseeable, if it's not then it might suggest he's on thin ice.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 25 Oct 2019, 5:22 pm

Danny Wilson has done hee haw as Scotland forwards coach so he might as well move to Glasgow where no one will notice the difference!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 25 Oct 2019, 5:58 pm

123456789. wrote:I think if Rennie is off now, and it seems likely, I don't think it reflects too well on him. If he had his eye on international coaching after the World Cup is when jobs tend to come up, he would have known that when he signed on at Glasgow. His time at Glasgow will be very much so in the "what might have been" category. It has never quite happened. He has done well to keep them up at the top at a time when a lot of the stars from the team that won the Pro12 and finally broke out of the group stages in Europe have got on a bit or moved on. The stars of that team were Nakarawa, Strauss, Russell, Van Der Merwe, Seymour and Hogg. The first four moved on before or during his tenure. Seymour hasn't quite been the same since 2017 and Hogg's been almost permanently injured or away with Scotland. Then you can factor in Dunbar's loss of form, Bennett's injury and departure and a few of the other squad guys moving on. So in some respects they've not quite kicked on as they should however it's equally true that he's not had bad players either and not having won anything or really kicked on in Europe means Glasgow have really stayed still and no more. If he takes Matt Taylor with him and Wilson move across then it provides a real opportunity for Scotland to refresh. It will be interesting to see how much control over appointments Townsend gets, if it's real Toonie appointments we can expect to see him stay in post for the foreseeable, if it's not then it might suggest he's on thin ice.

Think that is a bit harsh to be honest. I think three years was all we were ever going to get out of him, he would have been off to wales last year if they had made rhe right choice, I don't think he ever hid his ambitions to be an international coach.

We have certainly not done badly on his watch, qualifying for Europe and runners up in the league (and running them very close). In truth we are probably punching above our weight achieving stuff like that, when you compare the resources the Leinsters and Saracens possess. Perhaps his biggest contribution may be seen down the line as the talented youngsters he has brought through come into their prime.

Maybe make more of a judgement on that at the end of this season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 26 Oct 2019, 12:03 am

https://www.theoffsideline.com/dave-rennie-contract

DR breaks his silence. Says he will see out his contract with Glasgow. He did that with the Chiefs to be fair, arriving late for his first season here, no reason to assume he won't do the same, or why the SRU would want him to go before then.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:35 pm

BigGee wrote:https://www.theoffsideline.com/dave-rennie-contract

DR breaks his silence. Says he will see out his contract with Glasgow. He did that with the Chiefs to be fair, arriving late for his first season here, no reason to assume he won't do the same, or why the SRU would want him to go before then.

Dunno. Cowboy Dave May decide to get out of dodge after today’s result. Mutual consent. He moves onto Oz, Glasgow get a coach to bring them on.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:42 pm

Yes something does nor seem right at Glasgow atm

We were winning games comfortably during internstional windows last year, it is not that we are losing them just now, but how we are losing them.

I guess we will have to see how things go once the international players return, but there is definitely an odd dynamic in Scotstoun atm!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:38 pm

Hogg Watch!

Skimmed through his debut Chiefs game against Bath, it was a forwards dominated game with lots of scrums, hits, lineouts and kicking on a wet night in Bath.

Hogg made a handful of good breaks, one of which was before the Chiefs only try on the night. Cuthbert made a brilliant break and had Hogg further back on his right. Had Cuthbert decided to go that way that would have almost certainly ended in a debut try for Hogg as no defenders would have been able to get across on that side of the pitch. Unfortunately Cuthbert chose the wrong way and got tackled right at the corner flag but very hard for Cuthbert to have known the right side of the pitch was the better option.

Hogg Kicked two long kicks out on the full and knocked a ball on (it was very wet though so lot's of knock ons anyway).

Overall, looked good with ball in hand attacking but he still needs to improve his tactical kicking from hand. Far too often for Glasgow and Scotland his kicking hasn't been quite right in the past year. Chiefs will hopefully be a great opportunity for him to tighten this area of his game up a bit. Tactical kicking is more important in the Premiership where set piece is often crucial.

All in all not a bad debut in difficult conditions away to a physical Bath side.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:43 pm

BigGee wrote:Yes something does nor seem right at Glasgow atm

We were winning games comfortably during internstional windows last year, it is not that we are losing them just now, but how we are losing them.

I guess we will have to see how things go once the international players return, but there is definitely an odd dynamic in Scotstoun atm!

Last season Glasgow lost 5 games overall. Now already 3 losses 4 games into the season is a bad omen I say, regardless of who is missing.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:45 pm

bsando wrote:Hogg Watch!

Skimmed through his debut Chiefs game against Bath, it was a forwards dominated game with lots of scrums, hits, lineouts and kicking on a wet night in Bath.

Hogg made a handful of good breaks, one of which was before the Chiefs only try on the night. Cuthbert made a brilliant break and had Hogg further back on his right. Had Cuthbert decided to go that way that would have almost certainly ended in a debut try for Hogg as no defenders would have been able to get across on that side of the pitch. Unfortunately Cuthbert chose the wrong way and got tackled right at the corner flag but very hard for Cuthbert to have known the right side of the pitch was the better option.

Hogg Kicked two long kicks out on the full and knocked a ball on (it was very wet though so lot's of knock ons anyway).

Overall, looked good with ball in hand attacking but he still needs to improve his tactical kicking from hand. Far too often for Glasgow and Scotland his kicking hasn't been quite right in the past year. Chiefs will hopefully be a great opportunity for him to tighten this area of his game up a bit. Tactical kicking is more important in the Premiership where set piece is often crucial.

All in all not a bad debut in difficult conditions away to a physical Bath side.

Good summary bsando.

I actually think his kicking has become outstanding in the last few years, which is a good thing as it's coincided with his attacking game going downhill!

His kicking game in the Samoa game in particular was world class.

He does need to trim down a little - he's looking too bulky. Not sure life in the premiership will help that though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 27 Oct 2019, 6:06 pm

John Barclay was on Premier Live tonight, their new post weekend magazine proram where they get live questions tweeted in from the public.

Big Jim and Hugo Monye were there as well, so it was quite an enjoyable knockabout banterish program.

There were some pretty tricky questions which JB obviously pleaded the 5th amendment, but he did say he is not planning on retiring from international rugby and he is in 2 minds about a coaching career once he retires.

Big Jim was a bit more open to being controversial, saying that Scotland have not progressed under Toonie the way that they did under BVC, despite the fact that BVC did not rate nor like him. he brought a harder edge to Scottish rugby. He also said that he thought that the game has moved on and we just don't have some of these super physical athletic players that other nations, England in particular seem to be producing.

JB also said that he did not think there was enough money in Scottish rugby for a third pro team, which probably makes sense.

JB always comes across well in these things and if he does not fancy coaching, surely a media career beckons for him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Oct 2019, 9:50 am

JB did some punditry wprk for the Beeb while he was on his long term injury and seemed to do a job. Well spoken (easy for non scots viewers to understand) and he isnt one eyed like Andy Nicol.

In other news, any other Edinburgh fans worried that the SRU are going to buckle to weegie pressure and send half of our team down the M8 to try turn the tide?

The Weeg facebook page is awash with warriors fans saying glasgow have been completely shafted by the SRU. Claims of no funding, no players, no coaches.

Glasgow - Played 4 lost 3
Edinburgh - Played 4 won 3

Its like a mirror image
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:01 am

RDW wrote:
bsando wrote:Hogg Watch!

Good summary bsando.

I actually think his kicking has become outstanding in the last few years, which is a good thing as it's coincided with his attacking game going downhill!

His kicking game in the Samoa game in particular was world class.

He does need to trim down a little - he's looking too bulky. Not sure life in the premiership will help that though.

Thanks RDW, yes I agree his kicking has definitely improved from his earlier days. He used to love torpedoing it down field but now that ones saved for more appropriate moments and he kicks with a lot more accuracy. I think theres a slight lack of consistency though and more often than not in bigger games. These are such minute complaints of a world class player though.

I feel like Hogg is always talking about trimming down but keeps adding weight haha.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:04 am

tigertattie wrote:JB did some punditry wprk for the Beeb while he was on his long term injury and seemed to do a job. Well spoken (easy for non scots viewers to understand) and he isnt one eyed like Andy Nicol.

In other news, any other Edinburgh fans worried that the SRU are going to buckle to weegie pressure and send half of our team down the M8 to try turn the tide?

The Weeg facebook page is awash with warriors fans saying glasgow have been completely shafted by the SRU. Claims of no funding, no players, no coaches.

Its like a mirror image

The 1872 cup is going to be extra easy this year Wink

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:15 am

bsando wrote:
tigertattie wrote:JB did some punditry wprk for the Beeb while he was on his long term injury and seemed to do a job. Well spoken (easy for non scots viewers to understand) and he isnt one eyed like Andy Nicol.

Its like a mirror image

The 1872 cup is going to be extra easy this year Wink

Hard to call

When Edinburgh were terrible and Glasgow were competent, Edinburgh won this fixture. Now the roles are reversed, could Glasgow get the win here?

Or worse, because of the complaining from the weeg that they are being mistreated by the SRU, maybe the high heid yins well tell Edinburgh to let Glasgow win just to give them some crumbs!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:22 am

Its like a mirror image

I've seen a lot of that too - they have very short term memories given Dodson has publicly stated they focussed on Glasgow for years to Edinburgh's determent.

Also, don't think they can really complain on coaches when they've been given a double Super Rugby winning coach to replace Townsend!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Oct 2019, 12:34 pm

RDW wrote:

Its like a mirror image

I've seen a lot of that too - they have very short term memories given Dodson has publicly stated they focussed on Glasgow for years to Edinburgh's determent.

Also, don't think they can really complain on coaches when they've been given a double Super Rugby winning coach to replace Townsend!

I know this, you know this, even Jimbo may know this, but the rest of the great unwashed are starting to get very very vocal about the rebalancing or "Glasgow shafting" as they call it.

Edinburgh were shafted for years but we just quietly tutted away and maybe the occasional polite letter was sent in. Glasgow are going full metal jacket with the shouting from the rooftops and next they'll be wanting to meet Dodson "aff the bus". As the SNP have shown, sometimes its not about numbers or the logic behind an arguemnt, but who can shout it the loudest.

I really can see some players being shunted to Glasgow. Players like Dell (behind shoemann), Bradbury (behind Mata) and Ritchie (behind Watson). Though with Watson injured, Ritchie may be saved the embarrasment of having to move over to the league's most powderpuff back row.

We did offer a prisoner exchange last year with Wee Horne getting bugger all game time behind Aldi (over)Price(d). Now Edinburgh have a decent 9 and with Wee Geroge now jsut needing to fight off Frisby for the starting berth with the overpriced one being injured, that deal is off!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Oct 2019, 12:37 pm

Dell has moved to London irish

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Oct 2019, 12:44 pm

RDW wrote:Dell has moved to London irish

Listen here, there's absolutely no good in picking apart my rantings with simple facts which I've clearly forgotten about.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:18 pm

tigertattie wrote:Or worse, because of the complaining from the weeg that they are being mistreated by the SRU, maybe the high heid yins well tell Edinburgh to let Glasgow win just to give them some crumbs!!!

Where can I buy tickets to be in the room when some wally from the SRU tries to tell Cockers this??

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Oct 2019, 5:15 pm

Glasgow are actually running a player of the month this month laughing

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Oct 2019, 7:26 pm

RDW wrote:Glasgow are actually running a player of the month this month laughing

Odds on that Stuart hogg wins

Or Alan Dell
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Oct 2019, 7:28 pm

tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:Glasgow are actually running a player of the month this month laughing

Odds on that Stuart hogg wins

Or Alan Dell

Why's Al Kellock not getting a game these days!!

(Carrying on the theme of stupid things you'll hear on Scottish rugby social media pages)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next