The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+4
James100
Afro
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Go down

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 15 Sep 2019, 2:14 pm

Surrey have named a squad of 13 for the upcoming trip to Essex in our penultimate Specsavers County Championship match of the season, starting on Monday 16th September.
With Sam Curran and Club captain Rory Burns involved in the fifth Ashes Test at The Kia Oval this week, Ben Foakes will again lead the team. Jason Roy is also unavailable for selection while Dean Elgar has returned to South Africa for personal reasons.  Erm
Seamers Tom Curran, Gus Atkinson and Matt Dunn will miss the remainder of the season through injury and Jade Dernbach has joined the Jamaican Tallawahs for the ongoing Caribbean Premier League. Liam Plunkett has recovered from his thumb injury and takes his place in the squad.  Shocked
There is no place in the squad for Gareth Batty or Stuart Meaker.
FULL SQUAD
Ben Foakes (c)
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Will Jacks
Conor McKerr
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Liam Plunkett
Ollie Pope
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
Strange news about Elgar wonder if we will ever see him in a surrey shirt again.
Patel will have to come in for Elgar as for the two to miss out maybe Jacks and Plunkett though Borthwick and McKerr can have no complaints if they miss out.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Sun 15 Sep 2019, 5:09 pm

Hi JimBob - glad your eyes are on the important match! Wink

I would like to know why Roy is unavailable - guessing all part of the ECB's masterplan! Shocked As for Elgar , yeah, you're right - he's had a poor season and I doubt we'll see him again. Maybe a replacement from closer to home and just across the river. Whistle

I think Plunkett will edge McKerr out of the eleven - big name presumably on big money usually gets the nod over the younger guy.

One out of Patel, Jacks and Borthwick to also be on drinks duty. Hard to call - I'll go with you and say Jacks.

With Essex desperate for the win to maintain their Championship challenge and us just having been stuffed by Hants, I don't fancy our chances at all.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 15 Sep 2019, 8:02 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Hi JimBob - glad your eyes are on the important match! Wink

I would like to know why Roy is unavailable - guessing all part of the ECB's masterplan! Shocked As for Elgar , yeah, you're right - he's had a poor season and I doubt we'll see him again. Maybe a replacement from closer to home and just across the river. Whistle

I think Plunkett will edge McKerr out of the eleven - big name presumably on big money usually gets the nod over the younger guy.

One out of Patel, Jacks and Borthwick to also be on drinks duty. Hard to call - I'll go with you and say Jacks.

With Essex desperate for the win to maintain their Championship challenge and us just having been stuffed by Hants, I don't fancy our chances at all.
not another of the famous #itk Guildford Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 15 Sep 2019, 8:33 pm

Not really, JimBob. Just that Malan's name is being bandied about - we'll see .... Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 16 Sep 2019, 10:47 am

This week I am a Surrey fan, so come on boys. Lets have a bit of last years form, even if only for a week.....
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Mon 16 Sep 2019, 11:36 am

Good call on Plunkett edging out McKerr, Guildford. Patel misses out too, so presumably Jacks opens with Stoneman Shocked

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:09 pm

James100 wrote:Good call on Plunkett edging out McKerr, Guildford. Patel misses out too, so presumably Jacks opens with Stoneman Shocked
should be Bortwick, james

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:10 pm

Surrey win the toss and for some bizarre reason they choose to bat picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:15 pm

Yep Borthwick it is

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:16 pm

Cheers jimbob
Why did we contest the toss in these conditions? Unless Foakes knows something we don't!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:18 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Cheers jimbob
Why did we contest the toss in these conditions? Unless Foakes knows something we don't!
no idea looks perfect bowling conditions

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:29 pm

20 off the first 3 overs Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm

Borthwick in particular has gone off like a train
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 2:43 pm

Afro wrote:Borthwick in particular has gone off like a train
T20 frustration Afro Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 4:20 pm

88 for 2 at tea

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 4:47 pm

Pope out 1st ball after tea Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 5:39 pm

off for bad light

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB Mon 16 Sep 2019, 7:38 pm

Is the thought to avoid having to bat against harmer in a fourth innings? In my Chelmsford exile from the oval I have watched him and Jamie Porter rip through teams batting last.

RJB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 16 Sep 2019, 9:43 pm

RJB wrote:Is the thought to avoid having to bat against harmer in a fourth innings? In my Chelmsford exile from the oval I have watched him and Jamie Porter rip through teams batting last.
welcome to the forum RJB Hug

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 17 Sep 2019, 11:15 am

jimbobgooner wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Hi JimBob - glad your eyes are on the important match! Wink

not another of the famous #itk Guildford Laugh

The man is in the know Jimbob!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 17 Sep 2019, 11:47 am

174ao.....that went well

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 17 Sep 2019, 2:40 pm

thegooch7 wrote:174ao.....that went well
just seen the wkts only Foakes can feel hard done by, the rest some awful shots.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 17 Sep 2019, 3:38 pm

that decision by foakes was as daft as tim paine Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 17 Sep 2019, 3:39 pm

Essex 121 for 3 at tea
that's another defeat confirmed OK
just one more painful game to go

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 17 Sep 2019, 3:44 pm

Afro wrote:This week I am a Surrey fan, so come on boys. Lets have a bit of last years form, even if only for a week.....
Sorry afro the surrey boys didn't get the memo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 18 Sep 2019, 10:48 am

Sorry but Plunkett must be one of the worse signings the club has ever made.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 18 Sep 2019, 10:58 am

jimbobgooner wrote:Sorry but Plunkett must be one of the worse signings the club has ever made.

Pretty sure we all said that when you guys signed him on a 3 year contract.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 18 Sep 2019, 11:09 am

jimbobgooner wrote:
Afro wrote:This week I am a Surrey fan, so come on boys. Lets have a bit of last years form, even if only for a week.....

Not looking good for us at Hants either. Think we will be going into the final game needing to win, whilst Essex will only need a draw
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 18 Sep 2019, 11:14 am

Sorry, Afro - no favours for you from Surrey as our lot get worse and worse.

100 now up for Tendo - such a streetwise and canny player who often saves his best for us.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Harmer roll through us second dig and take Essex to an innings win.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 18 Sep 2019, 11:14 am

Afro wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:

Not looking good for us at Hants either. Think we will be going into the final game needing to win, whilst Essex will only need a draw

They'll have to make sure the covers don't blow off the pitch this year then... Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 18 Sep 2019, 11:15 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Afro wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:

They'll have to make sure the covers don't blow off the pitch this year then... Whistle

Think you need a new joke book
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 18 Sep 2019, 11:58 am

Hurrah, Plunkett's bowling....could do with a laugh

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 18 Sep 2019, 12:01 pm

Essex all out for 395. Celebrating purely because they didn't quite get the last bonus point!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 18 Sep 2019, 12:07 pm

Plunkett tried his best to get them to 400 though Afro

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 18 Sep 2019, 12:55 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:Sorry but Plunkett must be one of the worse signings the club has ever made.

Pretty sure we all said that when you guys signed him on a 3 year contract.

Bl**dy heck! I had forgotten it was a 3 year deal.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 18 Sep 2019, 2:46 pm

Looks like Surrey players have got to be somewhere else tomorrow, tenfer Harmer coming up

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 18 Sep 2019, 3:51 pm

so embarrassing this isn't even a good Essex bowling attack mad mad mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 18 Sep 2019, 4:07 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Looks like Surrey players have got to be somewhere else tomorrow, tenfer Harmer coming up
almost right Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 18 Sep 2019, 4:08 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Harmer roll through us second dig and take Essex to an innings win.
notworthy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 18 Sep 2019, 5:29 pm

Essex did need a 4th bowler after all

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 18 Sep 2019, 6:01 pm

7 wkts in the end
another embarrassing performance/defeat mad mad mad furious furious furious

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 18 Sep 2019, 6:24 pm

Just one more to go jimbob....against the mighty, already relegated Notts

thegooch7

Back to top Go down