The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

+43
LeinsterFan4life
Hazel Sapling
Ozzy3213
chris_501
Maddogflanker
Welshmushroom
Irish Londoner
Cumbrian
maestegmafia
carpet baboon
whocares
Collapse2005
stnick88
bsando
Gooseberry
sensisball
tigertattie
RiscaGame
Sgt_Pooly
bathmad
TightHEAD
lostinwales
No 7&1/2
TheMildlyFranticLlama
yappysnap
Welly
Rugby Fan
Rinsure
bluestonevedder
Bathite
BigGee
formerly known as Sam
mikey_dragon
LondonTiger
propdavid_london
George Carlin
BamBam
Fluxy
WELL-PAST-IT
Margin_Walker
SirBurger
Geordie
king_carlos
47 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 17 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 22 Jul 2019, 12:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not a great position for Saints, captain and international level hooker looks likely so they've resorted to signing what is at best squad filler. Presumably Haywood and Fish will carry the bulk of the playing time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by propdavid_london Fri 27 Mar 2020, 8:56 am

Lozowski is a fringe England player at best (for now). He may well be squandering a chance to play on any upcoming tours (if they ever happen). But, that's his choice.
Is it a loan or a full transfer?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 27 Mar 2020, 9:13 am

Is Lozowski realistically in Eddie Jones's plans? I rate him but Jones has selected Tuilagi, Joseph, Slade and is now looking at Devoto and Dingwall in the centres. Marchant will be back as well.

I don't think it is fair to blame him for deciding that rather than playing for a fringe Champions Cup candidate and not for England in England, he decides to go for more money, better weather, potential for trophies and a new experience at Toulouse.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Mar 2020, 9:16 am

Agreed that Loz is unlikely to be in Eddie's plans, and going to Toulouse makes professional and personal sense.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 27 Mar 2020, 9:41 am

There are players in front of Lozowski too that are more established as Hazel mentions above.

But that being the case - who else is shining in the centres that could be involved in the England set up (eventually).

Devoto and Dingwall are mentioned a lot.
Marchant we all know about, but unavailable at present.

There are the James boys from Sale.
Daly could eventually be played there by England!

Is there anyone else that's pulling up trees that should be involved?

I always thought Trinder at Gloucester was an amazing talent, just so injury prone!
Mark Atkins is another that could do a job.
Sam Hill at Chiefs

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 27 Mar 2020, 10:18 am

Either way it sums it up for Lozowski. Cam Redpath was looking like a prospect before his injury and may come back on the scene. Johnny Williams is in the same boat. Bound to be someone else next year even if Dingwall decides to represents Scotland and someone else decides to go represent Wales (like Tompkins) or Ireland (like Addison).

England does feel like you get 2-3 chances to burst on the scene otherwise you don't get a look in. Lozowski's next shot is probably after Jones is gone which is probably three years away anyway.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 27 Mar 2020, 10:30 am

Not sure how many caps he got - but do feel that he was given a few chances and then that's it!
Perhaps will be the same with Furbank...

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 27 Mar 2020, 10:35 am

With Eddie, we will probably see Nowell starting in the centres!

Mallinder has covered centre - but would rather see him at 15.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 27 Mar 2020, 5:50 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Bringing Jenkins home shouldn't be that much of an issue. He's had a couple of seasons in Japan now to flesh out his bank account and is only 24 so about hitting his prime. He was a Bull before the switch to Japan.

Du Plessis is doing well at Montpellier and I doubt they'd want to see him go. They've released some non French qualified backs to make room for the overseas forwards in their squad. He'll be on good money as well. Grobbler hasn't really kicked on at Gloucester so might consider a move back to SA but he's unlikely to get games for the Boks unless there's a lot of injuries because as you say the depth is ridiculous.

I would agree, he could probably get a few more caps too. Most of the good locks come from Bulls. Matfield and Botha were there. Snyman, De Jager were also there.

Du Plessis probably earns more money in France, it seems like he's been there his whole career now. Only the promise of caps would probably send him home. Grobler is a good club player. I think he is the one most likely not to return to SA for that reason. Also because he was caught using and spent two years out of the game before joining Munster, then Glaws, he might be frowned upon in SA; not for using but for getting caught laughing. Grobler could stay in the NH and qualify for someone else on residency. England might chuck a handful of caps his way if he became intent on doing that, I imagine his international career would be a short one if he ever did have one though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 27 Mar 2020, 6:46 pm

Grobbler had a year at Racing before Munster. He's 28 now and isn't it not 5 year residency? Not that he's good enough to get near the England team anyway. Ed Slater and Mostert are the two best locks at Glaws and Slater can't get a call up (injury meant he missed the boat sadly).

If he had a Welsh granny he might get a few caps. Will Rowlands got capped so the depth can't be there across the Severn Bridge.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 27 Mar 2020, 6:57 pm

I thought it was 3 years, did it change to 5 years recently or will it next season? Probably not but he could provide a stop gap at some point should it be required, he's a big bloke. But yeah if he was EQ he'd probably still be behind 6 locks anyway.

If he did have a Welsh granny we'd know by now. It's a shame Jason Howell Jenkins got capped by SA, definitely a Welsh parent and/or grandparents there. I think Rowlands could turn out to be pretty good btw.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 27 Mar 2020, 7:27 pm

It changed up to 5 years a while a go but I don't think it comes in force until December this year.

Rowlands is a big lump but at 28 is he likely to improve? I'm surprised Wales bothered he's not a certain selection for Wasps who tended to go for Gaskell and his lineout work pre bad injury back in November. If Rowlands was five years younger then I could see why they'd be interested. He's really a stop gap player.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 28 Mar 2020, 1:25 pm

Oh I see, guess the 2 years out of the game really done it for Grobler. But if he is out of contract I would love to have him at Dragons... Would prefer Du Plessis or Botha obviously, but doubt we can afford them. Has Botha been injured after rarely featuring for LI?

I don't know, Rowlands could be a late developer? He got this far already coming from the championship. I wish he was given more of a shot because playing with our first team more could have helped bring him on. I think he's likely a target signing for the East Wales regions. Same with John and Rees-Zammit, both of them needed a go.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 28 Mar 2020, 3:19 pm

John's a reliable tighthead who will do a job in the set piece. Won't set the world alight but does the jobs you need your tighthead to do. There's always value in one of those even if the current trend is for your front row to try and carry like the backrow. He isn't one of those but I can understand why Wales with some young tightheads who are unreliable at the set piece are looking at him he could be a handy option whilst the young guys develop. Rees-Zammit is just rapid and it's tough to defend against pace, whether he wants to leave Gloucester is another question entirely.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Mar 2020, 3:58 pm

John is very big and strong, and if he's good at the set piece then is exactly what we need. Carre is definitely our best LH despite his lack of game time; he's a big lump and does what all the other world's best LH's do, the days of fat guys in the front-row look over. I don't think RZ will leave Gloucester until the end of his current contract but he definitely looks the business. John and Rowlands are up next season and this season as far as I know. It looks like we finally have a few good lock forwards in the U20s so now is the time to bring in some 2nd row expertise.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 29 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm

Carre does look like he'll be a star for Wales. Shame it looks like he won't spend longer at Sarries because that could have been good for him. Working with Mako and Koch in training would have been a good learning experience. Playing in the Championship if he does stay will do him no harm at all as all of England's props used recently Sinckler, Cole, Genge, Mako, Marler, Williams and Stuart have all played for or been loaned to Championship sides as part of their development. Cole actually said it was one of the main reasons he went on to break into the Tigers side overtaking first Julian White and then Martin Castrogiovanni in the process. Of course the muppets running the RFU don't consider that the Championship producing England players but that's a rant for another thread.

John will do a stable job for Wales and should help Carre have a platform to do his stuff in the loose. A little like Marler does for Sinckler or Cole does for Genge and did for Mako.

I wouldn't be surprised is RZ doesn't sign a rolling contract ala Francis and stay at Gloucester for quite a few years yet. If Wales had capped him that might have helped tempt him home. Then again they managed to tempt Costelow home by just including him in some senior training sessions.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 30 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm

Rumours Carl Fearns is thinking about coming back to the UK. Saints are supposedly interested. He's France qualified so there's no reason he needs to leave Lyon unless it's family or finance related. A few Prem squads would like his physicality available.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 31 Mar 2020, 9:17 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Rumours Carl Fearns is thinking about coming back to the UK. Saints are supposedly interested. He's France qualified so there's no reason he needs to leave Lyon unless it's family or finance related. A few Prem squads would like his physicality available.

I thought he was tied to England due to Under 20s and Saxons caps?

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Tue 31 Mar 2020, 10:48 am

We could do with a big lump, apart from Ratuniyarawa, all our locks and back row are of the athletic type. It would be good to have a choice from Harrison, Wood, Ludlam, Gibson and Fearns. Gibson seems very injury prone these days so quality cover would be good.

My memory of Fears is that he does not do lineouts, so a big bulky option to go with Naiyaravoro off the top would be welcome, Saints don't really have any other crash ball options in their backline
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 31 Mar 2020, 10:57 am

Didn't Saints put out a back 3 before the shut down (Naiyaravoro, tuala, Mallinder) who were heavier and taller than the selected back row.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Mar 2020, 11:02 am

SirBurger wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Rumours Carl Fearns is thinking about coming back to the UK. Saints are supposedly interested. He's France qualified so there's no reason he needs to leave Lyon unless it's family or finance related. A few Prem squads would like his physicality available.

I thought he was tied to England due to Under 20s and Saxons caps?

England age grade won't tie him in but Saxons might. Ah no you're right he was tied by the Saxons games but offered to switch allegiance via 7s.

https://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/20504613/carl-fearns-targets-france-call-criticism-england-eddie-jones

That might be the reason he is heading home then if he's not French qualified. He's been pretty scathing about the Prem clubs previously and very much in favour of life over there.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/carl-fearns-in-france-you-are-treated-like-a-person-not-a-piece-of-meat-2wl3n29dr

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12:27 pm

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/the-incredible-list-of-talented-players-whose-top-14-contracts-are-expiring-at-the-end-of-the-season/626279

Some more of the talent heading out of contract across the channel.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 31 Mar 2020, 4:20 pm

Well id quite like Savea as a replacement for Goneva / Sinoti

And Mayeb Abendanon would be a useful mentor for young Hodge...if we can keep hold of him

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Mar 2020, 4:53 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Well id quite like Savea as a replacement for Goneva / Sinoti

And Mayeb Abendanon would be a useful mentor for young Hodge...if we can keep hold of him

Really? There's some props on that list that must be higher priority and the term marquee should be used with desperation in order to try and get Mamuka Gorgodze in for a season, he can go into the row when required and Falcons pack could do with the brutality.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 31 Mar 2020, 6:15 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/the-incredible-list-of-talented-players-whose-top-14-contracts-are-expiring-at-the-end-of-the-season/626279

I seen that last night. There’s certainly a few props on the list who would make decent club players for a few teams. I imagine guys like Savea will be heading to Japan, and that Georgian lock will be staying in France.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 31 Mar 2020, 6:44 pm

A lot of them will be getting released due to changing quotas for non FQP players in the Top 14 matchday squads.

Konstantin Mikautadze is an absolute monster in the row. I love for him to join Mamukashvili in coming to Tigers.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Mar 2020, 6:45 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/the-incredible-list-of-talented-players-whose-top-14-contracts-are-expiring-at-the-end-of-the-season/626279

I seen that last night. There’s certainly a few props on the list who would make decent club players for a few teams. I imagine guys like Savea will be heading to Japan, and that Georgian lock will be staying in France.

I agree most of the Kiwis will head to Japan. Closer to home and still good money. Someone like Slade who's had concussion issues would benefit from a shorter season.

The Georgian lock being Gorgodza? He can play lock/flanker/8 and is an absolute monster. He is 35 though so if there are limitations on non-French qualified players I can see clubs wanting to invest in younger more long term options. If love to see him in the Prem as he's the kind of player that would be a fan favourite a month into the season. Doesn't speak English though.

Some of those props will go for good money. If they need to leave France there will be a lot of offers.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Mar 2020, 6:47 pm

king_carlos wrote:A lot of them will be getting released due to changing quotas for non FQP players in the Top 14 matchday squads.

Konstantin Mikautadze is an absolute monster in the row. I love for him to join Mamukashvili in coming to Tigers.

Get a Georgian section at Tigers, he can join Mamukashvilli and bring Gorgodze with him. Would finish our summer forwards shopping nicely.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 31 Mar 2020, 7:04 pm

I was referring to Konstantine Mikautadze of Montpellier. I don't think Gorgodze is good value because of his age.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Mar 2020, 7:37 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I was referring to Konstantine Mikautadze of Montpellier. I don't think Gorgodze is good value because of his age.

Sorry I did guess that after Carlos's post. I'd missed him when I scanned the link.

Depends what wages Gorgodze is demanding. If he wants top cash then no not value for money. If he's happy with squad level pay in the right environment then he could be a great option to have. Versatile, explosive and experienced is just what you want off the bench or as first team cover.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 01 Apr 2020, 5:36 am

Don't France have this rule were you get your last salary for the next X amount of years when you stop playing? If so, it might be the last stop for some of these older players.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 01 Apr 2020, 8:56 am

LondonTiger wrote:Didn't Saints put out a back 3 before the shut down (Naiyaravoro, tuala, Mallinder) who were heavier and taller than the selected back row.

They did, but only through injury, Tuala is a 15 who can play wing, but he is probably not first choice 15 any more and is behind Collins on the wing, a very useful bench player though.

Saints do have a very small backrow though, Wood is probably the heaviest and he is just over 17st, Harrison and Ludlam and Eadie are all below 16.5 stone, Wood is about 6'5" but the others are all below 6'3".

Tuala is only 6'2" but the other two are both 6'5" and weigh neigh on 2 stone a man more if you take out Wood, Naiyaravoro is a beast, close to 21 stone.

I had forgotten that Prince Harry was back, yes he would give that extra option on the crash ball, especially with his offloading ability.

You still can't beet a old grizzly forward upwards of 18 stone being in the line, taking it in and grinding that last yard or two which sucks in more defenders, before a quick release to Naiyaravoro who does the same thing, before it does wide. Very difficult to defend against.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 01 Apr 2020, 11:46 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Well id quite like Savea as a replacement for Goneva / Sinoti

Really? There's some props on that list that must be higher priority and the term marquee should be used with desperation in order to try and get Mamuka Gorgodze in for a season, he can go into the row when required and Falcons pack could do with the brutality.

NAh we have Phil de walt at 8 now..hes a real class act.
Ive constantly stated that front 5 should be our priority if we are using big money...but Savea would be useful...if he can have the impact Goneva did!

I wouldnt take Gorgodze. We have a wealth of back rowers. Its locks we need and props. Id rather we found some younger brutal locks to bring in. There must be a monstrous big South African lock somewhere there who we can bring in. Wont happen though.
Robinson and that big USA lock Peterson have actually been very impressive this season...but how they go in the prem as a duo is a wait and see.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 01 Apr 2020, 12:52 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

Ive constantly stated that front 5 should be our priority if we are using big money...but Savea would be useful...if he can have the impact Goneva did!

I wouldnt take Gorgodze. We have a wealth of back rowers. Its locks we need and props. Id rather we found some younger brutal locks to bring in. There must be a monstrous big South African lock somewhere there who we can bring in. Wont happen though.
Robinson and that big USA lock Peterson have actually been very impressive this season...but how they go in the prem as a duo is a wait and see.

I'd take Gorgodze at lock in a heartbeat over either of those two. I don't know if Peterson has improved since he went to Falcons but he was at best mediocre at Tigers. He's one where Championship may be his level. If the French stop stealing all the big Book second rows you might be able to get hold of one for next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 01 Apr 2020, 1:22 pm

Speaking of Saints, is Biggar actually on 700,000 per year? It would make him one of the highest paid in world rugby...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 01 Apr 2020, 1:41 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Speaking of Saints, is Biggar actually on 700,000 per year? It would make him one of the highest paid in world rugby...

Rumours were £500-600k when he signed but there's normally a bit of agent inflation in there. He'll be one of the marquee players certainly. They desperately needed an international level flyhalf so were willing to spend big.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 01 Apr 2020, 1:48 pm

As I follow lower tier international rugby a lot I repeat this like a broken record but I'd love to see more players from tier 2 nations and below in the Prem. In the forwards for instance:

Beka Gorgadze - One of the best back rows in the world in my opinion
Konstantin Mikautadze - As said above he is a monster at second row
Manuel Liendekar - Uruguay lock who is fantastic in the line-out
Tijiuee Uanivi - Namibian lock/blindside who is very consistent
German Kessler - Uruguay hooker who lit up the World Cup

From that ultimaterugby article listing Top 14 players coming out of contract Karlen Asieshvili and Vasil Kakovin are strong Georgian looseheads who have slipped out of international contention due to competition. Kakovin had exposure against lower tier sides in the last RWC cycle but struggled to break into the full strength Georgia squad. Asieshvili is a fantastic loosehead has been competing with Mikeil Nariashvili for the later half of his career. Guram Gogichashvili as well now. Between Nariashvili and Gogichashvili Georgia may well have the best two loosehead scrummagers in the world in a couple of years, brilliant props.

In the half backs Vasil Lobzhanidze and Tedo Abzhandadze (both Georgia and Brive currently) along with Juan Manuel Cat and Santiago Arata (both Uruguay) are exciting talents.

These players tend to end up in France but I'd love to see more of them in the Prem. Just look at the impact that Jacques Burger had at Sarries.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 01 Apr 2020, 2:41 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

I'd take Gorgodze at lock in a heartbeat over either of those two. I don't know if Peterson has improved since he went to Falcons but he was at best mediocre at Tigers. He's one where Championship may be his level. If the French stop stealing all the big Book second rows you might be able to get hold of one for next season.

Sean Robinson is our one quality prem proved lock, who im more than happy with. He's a athletic lineout lock, who has an exceptional defensive record, consistantly hitting high tackle rates.

As i said, Peterson has played well and is a huge guy, but who knows what he can do in the prem. Glasgow fans said he always performed well for them. We shall simply have to wait and see. Dean and Wells have a habit of getting the best out of their locks.

But my issue is that the others in the squad, arent of the required level and if Peterson isnt going to be the powerhouse we need...then we need to sign a beast or two.

The front row is another issue.
The hookers are exceptionally good.

But the props....
Jon Welsh hasnt played for about a season and a half...he must be released.
Mulipola tipped to be off to Japan
Rodney Ah You, is actually a very impressive tight head, a destructive beast both in the scrum and carrying...but is injury prone. Which is a real shame.
Tampin has been barely seen on the pitch.

Lockwood, Davison, etc are all squad players at best.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 01 Apr 2020, 3:17 pm

Don't the kolpak rules limit the Uruguayan players signing? Might be similar for Georgia as well as they aren't a member of the EU.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 01 Apr 2020, 4:37 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Don't the kolpak rules limit the Uruguayan players signing? Might be similar for Georgia as well as they aren't a member of the EU.

They'd count as 'foreign players' by my understanding. Prem teams are allowed two of which on the field at any one time. Those spots usually go to Australians and New Zealanders at current given that Pacific Islanders, Saffas and EU citizens don't fall under that umbrella due to Bosman/Kolpak rulings and Contonou agreement.

There are still other examples beyond those rulings such as James Horwill who has a British passport. Non-EU and non-Kolpak players who are married to an EU national are also exempt for instance. Tolu Latu has played for Australia but I believe has a Tongan passport as he was born there. Lote Tuquiri held a Fijian passport. (I accept this is currently an area of uncertainty with Brexit ongoing!)

I honestly think that with how much less lower tier players tend to cost that sides could get more value for money using those two foreign spots on these players. It'd also free up cash to invest in EQP options just missing out on the EPS.

The two foreign players on the pitch at a time can be planned around as well. Tigers currently have TPN (Tongan heritage but no idea if he holds a passport), Gigena, Lavanini and Taufua (Samoan heritage but again unsure if he holds a passport) who fall into that bracket I believe. A lock such as Mikautadze (purely hypothetical) would rotate with Lavanini. Given neither lead the lineout they wouldn't realistically be picked together.

Alemanno is an excellent player but one area that concerns me a touch is that our second row would fill both foreign spots in one go. If Taufua doesn't have a Samoan passport then we couldn't select him or Shalva Mamukashvili alongside our first choice lock pairing.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 01 Apr 2020, 6:04 pm

You don't need a passport just to be able to claim citizenship. I remember Mauger being signed because he could claim French citizenship through a Haitian mother or grandmother. As such I suspect Taufua is covered. I remember the club being delighted when Ayerza chose to marry his Spanish girlfriend.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 01 Apr 2020, 6:57 pm

Did anyone else see "Ruck's" headline today, O Farrell going back to Wigan on loan for a year to see if he could play in the Rugby League World Cup.

I then remembered the date Doh
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 9:10 am

Laugh Laugh

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 02 Apr 2020, 11:08 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Laugh Laugh

They are still running the story today, instalment 3
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 11:28 am

Really? Is that legit then?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 02 Apr 2020, 11:37 am

I cannot believe it, he would miss out on all England RU games and you never know, EJ might just find someone that can work at 12 better than him.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 11:50 am

Well thats what i thought of first...it would force EJ to actually find a 12.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 02 Apr 2020, 1:17 pm

Really? Ford/Manu/Slade or Ford/Devoto/Manu. Sorted. Either way he'd go back to the Ford/Farrell combo later. I actually thought Slade going to 15 was a happy accident and gave us the best balance I've seen in a long time.

Farrell in league would be interesting. If he made it work it would be quite the story and really develop a but of legacy for him because he's already been to two world cups and on two Lions tours.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 3:29 pm

A poor mans Sonny Bill?

To be honest i dont see it...think its all an april fools lingering about...

But i would like to see Devoto get a run out at some stage....if we ever get back to normality.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 08 Apr 2020, 4:30 pm

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/jamie-george-names-the-scary-type-of-athletes-coming-through-at-saracens/

Jamie George interview name checking big Joel Kpoku. That seems to suggest he's staying at Sarries rather than moving to Saints.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 08 Apr 2020, 5:26 pm

king_carlos wrote:https://www.rugbypass.com/news/jamie-george-names-the-scary-type-of-athletes-coming-through-at-saracens/

Jamie George interview name checking big Joel Kpoku. That seems to suggest he's staying at Sarries rather than moving to Saints.

Certainly looks like Kpoku is staying and is going to be a mainstay in the second row for next season. Itoje if he stays will come in and out of the team. His brother is in the academy as well and they've got Hunter-Hill coming through as well. That'll do for the Championship.

Continued rumours that May is leaving Tigers. Apparently he's not happy with the idea of a pay cut. If he can get what he's been on at Tigers elsewhere on a long term deal then good luck to him. He's now 30 so it could be his last big contract. Steward, Browning and Law have all signed new deals. Hopefully Joe Browning gets over his injuries and can make his debut next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next