The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wher's The Kipper?

+6
lostinwales
LondonTiger
bsando
tigertattie
BigGee
jimbopip
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wher's The Kipper? Empty Wher's The Kipper?

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 13:25

Execeterr Chiefs v Glasgow Warriors or Hail, Hail The Gang's All Here...Where's the Kipper?
   Sandy Park
   23 November sometime mid afternoon ish.

Well, second game in the group and this may well be the decider. Shocked  Certainly it will go a long way to settling the top spot. By my Descartian logic whoever loses out of Sale & La Rochelle is definitely out. Unless they then win the following double header against Chiefs or Glasgow.

Dream scenario; Glasgow win at Execeterr, La Rochelle maintain the French custom of being useless away from home and lose to Sale. They then do the French thing of shrugging their shoulders in disgust and play a second string against Glasgow, thereby gifting us ten points. Glasgow  are four out of four with a home game to come and a victory lap of honour to round things off away to  Sale. NB in this scenario Karen Gillan knocks on my door at 2:00pm on Saturday to say , "I heard you don't have BT sports, Jimbo so I've set up an account for you. May I watch the game with you? Is this skirt too, too, short? It won't distract you will it? By the way Kylie just called to say she will be here by half time....with the pies. heart  heart  heart

Nightmare scenario; Sale get mullered at home to a resurgent La Rock, Execeterr laugh themselves sick as Hoggy runs in a double hat-trick, at lucnchtime on Saturday MrsPip sits me down and gazing into my eyes says, "You know you always wanted to spice things up in the bedroom? Boris is coming round this afternoon to show us his manifesto." vomit  vomit  vomit

Otherwise, there is the tantalising prospect of Glasgow fielding an ex-Chief at 15 and the Devonians fielding an ex-Warrior at 15.

Ickle Jonny may be back from his extended holiday.  Yahoo

I think we'll see

1. Kebble
2. Chuckles
3. Ragnar The Pretty
4. The Return Of The Jonny
5. Cummings
6. Batman
7. Batman's husband
8. Middle Fagerson.
9. Hornito
10. Haircut
11. Ratuuu
12. Smiling Sam
13. Not A Pony I know Grigg played well on Saturday but I believe we need to really take it to them if we want to win.
14 DTH
15. Seymour I would be tempted with MadMata,  hsn't really convinced so far at15.

16 Turner
17 Allan
18. Rae
19 McDonald, but probably Swinson
20. Matt Smith
21. Aldi price
22. Furra line
23. MadMata

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Wher's The Kipper? Empty Exeter Chiefs v Glasgow Warriors 23rd November 2019

Post by BigGee Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 15:36

Exeter Chiefs v Glasgow Warriors
European Champions Cup
Saturday 23rd November
Sandy Park
Exeter

KO 15.15
Live on BT Sport

Well the second round of the champs cup beckons and this time Glasgow are away to Exeter.

Both teams have made a sluggish start to the season, but both looked a bit more on the ball last weekend, Exeter in particular, who dismantled a decent La Rochelle side in their own backyard down on the Atlantic coast. Glasgow for their part, comfortably outplayed Sale at home, without ever really putting them away. Both will be satisfied enough with their first hit outs in theis competition though.

Glasgow played well last time down in Exeter in DR first season, but just let the game get away from them in the end. The power of the Exeter pack was the difference that day and may be again this weekend, as they have hardly gotten any weaker.

There is also the Hogg factor to add to the interest in the match, as SH runs out against his old team for the first time. Talk of winding him up and a few high balls coming his way have already been said (in jest) by some of the Glasgow players, but it remains to be seen if the occasion gets to him in any way.

I think Glasgow potentially need to beef up their pack a bit for this game and we might see something like this:

1. Keeble - good game last week
2. Brown
3. Fagerson Z
4. Cummings
5. Harley
6. Wilson
7. Gibbins
8. Fagerson M
9. Horne G
10. Hastings
11. DTH
12. Johnson
13. Jones - but I imagine he will pick Grigg
14. Tagive
15. Seymour

Subs:

Seuili
Turner
Rae
McDonald
Ashe/Flockhart
Price
Steyn
Horne P

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wher's The Kipper? Empty Re: Wher's The Kipper?

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 16:47

https://www.606v2.com/t69248-wher-s-the-kipper

Beat you to it Gee Very Happy

Even if I mis-spelt "where's" Sad

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 18:24

Yes Jim, indeed you did.

You will have to excuse me for not immediately realising that was a thread about Exeter v Glasgow!

I have merged the threads!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 18:24

At least our suggested teams were quite close!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 19:08

As far as the mis-spelt title goes... I dropped an E. Wher's The Kipper? 3933776953

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 20 Nov 2019 - 23:59

jimbopip wrote:As far as the mis-spelt title goes... I dropped an E. Wher's The Kipper? 3933776953

Not the only thing you’ve dropped eh jimbo drumroll
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 21 Nov 2019 - 11:32

Can't see past an Exeter win for this one. They've had a stuttering start much like Glasgow though so it could be a close game. However, I think the Glasgow pack isn't as competitive as Chiefs and any scrums or 5m line outs will be tough for Glasgow to defend against. Can only see Glasgow winning if they gain an early lead and utilise territory well.

Hogg to score his debut Chiefs try against his old team?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 10:41

I think I may just disagree with you there bsando. raspberry

This Glasgow pack are gnarlier than most critics think. Kebble and Ragnar are morphing onto good old fashioned "punchy" props. Chuckles has a "competitive" streak to him, especially in the early stages of games where he seems slightly too wound up and always on the verge of a yellow card. Actually, the only member of the pack who errs too much on the nice side is the Archangel Jonny. Oh and Batman, he's far too introverted to mix it with the big boys.

There has been a lot of negativity from Glasgow fans recently but let's look at it this way; currently our third choice centre pairing is Lord Stafford- Not A Pony. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Griggs was the top tackler in Round Two of the Euro's....ever in the history of the tournament, any tournament ever. Or some such.
Seaman never disappoints, he's always all over the opposition.
I have no idea who will play tomorrow....actually if Henry Slade is playing then it'll be the best defender so DR will even now be tossing a coin between Griggtempkin and Seaman. If he tosses with his right hand it'll be Seaman.

Will TS start at 15? He hasn't really played a blinder yet this season. I would consider Rhuaridh J for his tactical kicking: you want to keep the Execeterr pack as deep inside their own half as possible.

By the by....are there any Execeterr fans on these boards? I can't see any signs of them.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 10:46

jimbopip wrote:
By the by....are there any Execeterr fans on these boards? I can't see any signs of them.

Since Asbo's departure no.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 11:14

jimbopip wrote:.... If he tosses with his right hand it'll be Seaman...
Erm

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 12:05

lostinwales wrote:
jimbopip wrote:.... If he tosses with his right hand it'll be Seaman...
Erm

Ayethangewe drumroll  

Apparently it's the same XV as last week except Fozzie in for Batman's Spouse. he Mullet is on the bench and McDonald replaces Swinson.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 12:17

Glasgow Warriors team to play Exeter Chiefs in the Heineken Champions Cup, Saturday 23 November, kick-off 3.15pm, live on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport Ultimate. You can follow the game in the Live Match Centre at glasgowwarriors.org. Glasgow Warriors appearances in brackets:

1. Oli Kebble (38)
2. Fraser Brown (92)
3. Zander Fagerson (84)
4. Rob Harley (218)
5. Scott Cummings (59)
6. Ryan Wilson (C) (156)
7. Chris Fusaro (171)
8. Matt Fagerson (55)

9. George Horne (45)
10. Adam Hastings (35)
11. DTH van der Merwe (118)
12. Sam Johnson (54)
13. Nick Grigg (60)
14. Ratu Tagive (8)
15. Tommy Seymour (134)

Replacements
16. George Turner (36)
17. Alex Allan (97)
18. D’arcy Rae (67)
19. Kiran McDonald (22)
20. Tom Gordon (8)
21. Ali Price (78)
22. Pete Horne (161)
23. Kyle Steyn (16)

Not available due to injury: Andrew Davidson (back), Callum Gibbins (shoulder), Siua Halanukuonuka (calf), Sean Kennedy (foot), Lee Jones (hamstring), Jale Vakaloloma (shoulder).

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 12:20

I guess as Grigg was the highest tackler in the whole competition last weekend, it did not make it easy for DR to drop him for Shuggy. I just really hope he gets a chance to play in a meaningful game at some stage soon. It just seems bonkers not to be using a player like him.

Otherwise happy enough with the team. McDonald adds a bit of bulk to the bench for the later stages of the game and Gordon deserves a chance as well.

Lets see what we can get from the game!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 12:22

and the Chiefs:

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE GLASGOW WARRIORS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Jack Nowell
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Tom O'Flaherty
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Harry Williams
4 Dave Dennis
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds
16 Luke Cowan-Dickie
17 Ben Moon
18 Marcus Street
19 Jannes Kirsten
20 Don Armand
21 Jack Maunder
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Sam Hill

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 12:23

Some new guy at FB, otherwise look pretty weak I'd say!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 12:45

I'm sure the fearsome Exeter pack are quaking in their boots at Fusaro turning out! Wher's The Kipper? 1347041234

Sorry Weegies but I can't see anything but a classic Exeter steamroller job.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 13:02

Jesus Wept

That Glasgow pack is powderpuff.

Where is ickly Jonny? Still on WC leave? Surely not!!! Hes not down as injured.

That Glasgow back row is particularly weak. Poor old Scot Cummings will need to do a power of work in ball carrying. He cant even rely on Mr steady Ginger Tackle Monster to do any carrying.

Glasgow to be blown off the park, Exeterrrrrrrrrr (boom boom heeee hoooo haaaaaaa Chief ) to win by 12+
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 14:18

FFS Huw Jones will be playing U13's girls netball by the time Cowboy Dave finally moves on! What an utterly ludicrous situation.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 14:40

Jones could do with a loan move to the Cheethas to be honest!

Utter waste of a rugby player at Glasgow. Its not as if Nigg Grigg is the next Sonny Bill Williams keeping him out of the team is it!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 14:52

There is something very odd about the Jones situation.

To be fair, Grigg played well last week and could hardly be dropped, but he probably should not have been playing in the first place.

Jones has done ok with his limited chances this season, just don't know what to make of it.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 16:18

A South African friend who follows their Super Rugby sides religiously reckons that Jones should be used on the wing to play him back into form. He's an excellent finisher from close range given his pace and power so there could be some logic in it.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 16:28

Unfortunately the problem seems to be that Rennie does not seem interested in playing him back into form!

No one seems to know why that is?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 16:52

H Jones is rapidly turning into a waste of Glasgow resources. His salary could have brought in a proper back-rower such as Newcastle's Graham or even allowed Glasgow to chase after Nakarawa if Naka has truly left Racing.

Simmonds and M Fagerson are similar talents, but the flankers are a real problem. What is happening with Ashe? It feels like we are aiming to make the breakdown a mess which is a risky option. We run the risk of being overpowered.

Weirdly the front five is going to be a good match-up. If we believe that Kebble and Z Fagerson are good, international level props, this should be a good contest. Cummings is meant to be an up and comer internationally and Harley is solid. Dennis and Hill are fringe international types. Brown is better than Yeandle.

I think it will be closer than folk are making out. Exeter are home favourites and should be good enough to win this, but I would give Glasgow a 1 in 4 chance of pulling this out.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 17:03

BigGee wrote:Unfortunately the problem seems to be that Rennie does not seem interested in playing him back into form!

No one seems to know why that is?
It will be interesting to see if Toonie picks him anyway, particularly when he's under a lot of pressure as a coach.

Hutchinson, Bennett and Jones is a lot of talent to leave out if you need results to keep your job!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 18:16

Hazel Sapling wrote:H Jones is rapidly turning into a waste of Glasgow resources. His salary could have brought in a proper back-rower such as Newcastle's Graham or even allowed Glasgow to chase after Nakarawa if Naka has truly left Racing.

Simmonds and M Fagerson are similar talents, but the flankers are a real problem. What is happening with Ashe? It feels like we are aiming to make the breakdown a mess which is a risky option. We run the risk of being overpowered.

Weirdly the front five is going to be a good match-up. If we believe that Kebble and Z Fagerson are good, international level props, this should be a good contest. Cummings is meant to be an up and comer internationally and Harley is solid. Dennis and Hill are fringe international types. Brown is better than Yeandle.

I think it will be closer than folk are making out. Exeter are home favourites and should be good enough to win this, but I would give Glasgow a 1 in 4 chance of pulling this out.

Hazel, Glasgow have a weight advantage in the front row and also the better players.
Cummings is now fulfilling his early potential and is probably the form Scottish lock right now. Last time we visited Sandy Park their second row with the dyed blond hair gave Ickle Jonny a right hander.. I wonder what'll happen if he does the same with Rob Harley.
Our back row is smaller and lighter and I think think we may struggle at the breakdown.
They have the advantage in the back three..dammit.
Our half backs are better.
Too close for me to call.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 22 Nov 2019 - 18:18

Not sure where this chat of Glasgow's pack being better is coming from - Exeter might not have the household names but as a unit they're one of the best packs in Europe. That's literally how they've built the foundations of their success over the years!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 10:20

RDW wrote:Not sure where this chat of Glasgow's pack being better is coming from - Exeter might not have the household names but as a unit they're one of the best packs in Europe. That's literally how they've built the foundations of their success over the years!

Flounder, I've looked through the post and I haven't found any chat about Glasgow's pack being better Erm
I do think that our front row is better; two Scottish internationals and a big Saffer lump who will probably be capped as soon as he is SQ. Whereas, Hepburn-Yeandle- Williams don't have too many caps between them. I don't think it's disrespectful to say that Glasgow have the better front row.
As an 8 their pack is the archetypal English Premiership pack; big, well-drilled, very effective at set piece, deadly at driving mauls and pick and goes from five metres out ( so penalties which get kicked to the corner will really hurt us).
Their back row is bigger than ours and if it is a tight slugfest they will grind us down, pick and drive all day, win penalties at the breakdown, kick to the corner, score from five yards out. That's what they did last time we were there.
If we play smarter than them; Haircut dictates where the game is played, Batman and Fozzie get to the breakdown first and get over the ball, if the Giant Red crayon can stop them at the gainline and IF we get the ref on our side then we can win.
I do this Jonny Hill bullied Ickle Jonny , slightly, last time. It'll be interesting to see how nasty our front five manage to be today.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 15:21

Loving the regional bbc commentary.

I pray that the boy at some point comes out with “ive got a brand new combine harvester”
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 15:29

Jones who? Great try grigg. Came from Hogg trying to force things.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 15:51

Exeter pack beginning to exert more control in ths scrums and mauls and score a classic Exeter try from short distance.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:07

Watching this match in Italy on our tablet

Pretty good half from Glasgow13-10 up currently

The longer we stay in this game the better and Hoggy has hardly had a touch!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:07

Good half from Glasgow! Need to try and keep Exeter out their half and they could definitely win this.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:08

Unfortunately for Jones and all the fans who want him in the team (myself included)

Grigg is playing very well

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:16

For all the conspiracy theories maybe Rennie just thinks Grigg is the better player and has been training better...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:22

Worst possible start for Glasgow - fannying around from the restart! Just get rid of it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:24

Seriously Glasgow - in your 22 just get rid of it!!

If Cheifs score here that could be game over from two brainfarts from Glasgow/

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:28

Wasn’t it Grigg who fell off a tackle that lead to Slade’s try?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:32

RDW wrote:Good half from Glasgow! Need to try and keep Exeter out their half and they could definitely win this.

So Glasgow have basically done the opposite of this.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:34

Big blow to Glasgow losing another winger.

Horne to 10 and Hastings to 15 with Seymour moving to wing?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:36

Inevitable Exeter score again from close range. Glasgow just have't been able to get out their half. 89% territory for Exeter this half.

Could be a long 25 minutes!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:39

Good sensible reffing - other refs would have given a yellow

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:45

Game over. Glasgow have been blown away this half.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:49

Reminiscent of last seasons games with Sarries. Glasgow have shown promise but then made some dumb decisions and ultimately been bullied out of things.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:59

Aye Sad
I was listening on BBC Scotland and the second half was just a car crash; one where the driver aimed at the brick wall and shouted, "fasten you seat belts, lads, It's going to be a bumpy ride."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 17:20

Peter Wright wrote: Your last experience of the game is positive. From that point of view,it’s good. But there’s been little in this second half that’s been worthwhile. About every facet of the second half has been really poor.

Mark Fagerson was tipped to go to the World Cup and disappointed he never went and hasn’t kicked on and showed them they were wrong. Scott Cummings has lacked a bit of consistency. Adam Hastings hasn’t even been average this second half, he’s just been really poor.

Tom English wrote: Really disappointing from Glasgow after a hugely encouraging first half. They had a lead and were looking good, but they’ve had a nightmarish, mistake-ridden second half.

They completely went away from what they were doing in the first 40, the very things that put them in front and the things that were frustrating Exeter. Suddenly, they started throwing 50-50 passes and stopped looking after the ball.

From leading at the break, they allowed Exeter to get a five-pointer while taking zero points themselves. They were poor in the second half last week against Sale and managed to get away with it. Not this time.

Jeez, fairly stinging comments being thrown at the Weegies. Only caught the second half myself and it was certainly a bit of a mess

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 17:23

Well I did say Exeter by 12+

Glasgow just don’t have the pack to compete with the big boys for 80 mins
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 17:24

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
Peter Wright wrote: Your last experience of the game is positive. From that point of view,it’s good. But there’s been little in this second half that’s been worthwhile. About every facet of the second half has been really poor.

Mark Fagerson was tipped to go to the World Cup and disappointed he never went and hasn’t kicked on and showed them they were wrong. Scott Cummings has lacked a bit of consistency. Adam Hastings hasn’t even been average this second half, he’s just been really poor.

Tom English wrote: Really disappointing from Glasgow after a hugely encouraging first half. They had a lead and were looking good, but they’ve had a nightmarish, mistake-ridden second half.

They completely went away from what they were doing in the first 40, the very things that put them in front and the things that were frustrating Exeter. Suddenly, they started throwing 50-50 passes and stopped looking after the ball.

From leading at the break, they allowed Exeter to get a five-pointer while taking zero points themselves. They were poor in the second half last week against Sale and managed to get away with it. Not this time.

Jeez, fairly stinging comments being thrown at the Weegies. Only caught the second half myself and it was certainly a bit of a mess

Headscratch

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 17:26

This is the BBC we’re talking about flounder, can’t expect things like getting players names right

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 18:19

Why are Glasgow never learning from their mistakes? Always so loose and mistake ridden in the second half. Not a surprising result though on paper. Disappointing to see Hastings getting so much criticism by pundits.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next