The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 2020 Season

+5
Good Golly I'm Olly
dummy_half
GSC
No name Bertie
dyrewolfe
9 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

F1 2020 Season - Page 11 Empty F1 2020 Season

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 07 Feb 2020, 11:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought I'd start this thread since no-one else has yet.

First glimpse of this season's cars as Haas unveil their entry for this year. Not really much difference visually from last season, but then there haven't been any major rule changes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51405017

F1 2020 Season - Page 11 _110799339_haas_car

Have to say I quite like this livery.

Feel free to add more pics as they are released...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

F1 2020 Season - Page 11 Empty Re: F1 2020 Season

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2020, 1:31 pm

Verstappen has had to revert back to older engine and all parts associated with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 16 Aug 2020, 1:50 pm

GSC wrote:Eh it's always been there to an extent, Mercedes/Renault/Honda etc have supplied engines while running teams. It's more enhanced now that we don't have normalised engine performance.

It's never made much of a significant difference to the racing.

I believe it most definitely has.

Maybe not the driver loaning to "sister" teams so much. After all F1 is 90% car and 10% driver.

However cliques (or teams helping / doing business with each other) has always been detrimental to the sport, from creating a culture of over-reliance on the part of the smaller teams, to creating power blocs when negotiating with FOM / FIA over changes to the regs, financial terms etc.

The big teams hold far too much power because of this, given the smaller teams often rely on them for parts and drivers. It has given them licence to dictate terms...often to the detriment of the smaller teams, in terms of competitiveness, but because they are so reliant on the larger teams, they won't speak out, or vote against them.

Not to mention the frequent on-track co-operation e.g. Toro Rosso (historically) letting Red Bull cars past far easier than other teams. Same thing with Ferrari & Mercedes and their partner teams.

And this situation has just got worse with each passing season.

It shouldn't have to be this way, but the sad fact is the smaller teams probably wouldn't survive without the support of the larger ones.

Another part of Ecclestone's legacy of greed - making the sport ever more expensive to participate in - and tactics of playing teams against each other, to get his own way.

Hopefully the budget cap will go some way to addressing this.

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Sun 16 Aug 2020, 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2020, 2:14 pm

Bottas is terrible. I’d imagine Hamilton will hold back now and just try and destroys Max’s tyres. Albon having a mare, unsurprisingly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 16 Aug 2020, 3:14 pm

Real snooze fest this. see if it comes alive
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2020, 3:41 pm

Terrible track, and harder compound the reason

Shame for Perez, excellent drive and without the harsh penalty, would of beaten Stroll.

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 16 Aug 2020, 3:50 pm

Dreadful race for Albon. Got lapped by Verstappen and finished P8. He seems to be going backwards.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

dyrewolfe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 16 Aug 2020, 3:59 pm

I was a supporter of Albon but I think Red Bull have to think seriously about what to do next.

Bottas is falling behind Verstappen in the Championship. And Mercedes have already renewed his contract for next year.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 16 Aug 2020, 4:09 pm

No name Bertie wrote:Dreadful race for Albon.   Got lapped by Verstappen and finished P8.  He seems to be going backwards.

You know things are bad when you're lapped by your team mate.  Shocked

As expected, a pretty boring race...not helped by Bottas having a poor start and losing 2 places straight away. Granted he got past Stroll (eventually) but I can't understand how he got within 1.5 seconds of Verstappen at times, yet never looked like getting close enough to overtake.

Don't think he was helped by Mercedes' strategy. I mean, why put him on soft tyres for anything other than a short sprint? They know the car works better on harder tyres. Sure that contributed to his failure to challenge Max. Then they pit him right at the end for the mediums he should have had, to ensure he got fastest lap...when he already had it! picard

Another good drive by Verstappen, but its a measure of how terrible the race was that he was over 20 seconds behind Lewis. He needs to curb his mouth though. I can't imagine the team will tolerate too much of that, no matter how good he is.

The less said about Albon the better. You can't blame the car when you finish a lap down on your team mate.

Great result for Racing Point...suppose they should make the most of it while they can.

Nice to see Sainz do well at his home race. Even pleased to see Vettel in the points (second driver after Hamilton to 3,000 career points). Could have been a double points finish if Leclerc's car hadn't broken down.

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Sun 16 Aug 2020, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 16 Aug 2020, 4:19 pm

No name Bertie wrote:I was a supporter of Albon but I think Red Bull have to think seriously about what to do next.

Bottas is falling behind Verstappen in the Championship.  And Mercedes have already renewed his contract for next year.

Well he still picks up useful points, while not being a threat to Lewis. Good combination, if you think about it. They can afford to not have 1-2 finishes when Lewis is so dominant and while their nearest challengers are struggling with their cars and also have driver issues.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Sun 16 Aug 2020, 4:19 pm

in Albon's (partial) defence, the team absolutely screwed the strategy - early stop onto hard tyres in traffic when surely the intention was to go to the end, and a second stop onto mediums about the same time as everyone else, again putting him in traffic. OK, had he qualified further up he's have had an easier time generally, but RB certainly did little to maximiase his points haul today

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2020, 4:24 pm

Vettel isn’t finished just yet that much is certain. Two races when he’s stuck to his own thing he’s finished p6 and p7. The car seems to have good tyre management but terrible is many other areas - power most obviously

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 16 Aug 2020, 4:24 pm

dummy_half wrote:in Albon's (partial) defence, the team absolutely screwed the strategy - early stop onto hard tyres in traffic when surely the intention was to go to the end, and a second stop onto mediums about the same time as everyone else, again putting him in traffic. OK, had he qualified further up he's have had an easier time generally, but RB certainly did little to maximiase his points haul today

That is the one mitigating factor.

IIRC he was the first person to stop (around lap 18) and I thought it was weird putting him on hard tyres. For one thing the RB is pretty easy on tyres and for another, Alex has shown he can drive through the pack in other races. With mediums or even softs, I think he could have finished a couple of places higher.

Though he'd still have been a long way behind Max.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Aug 2020, 6:09 pm

Lance Stroll bossing it again, is it?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2020, 6:45 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Lance Stroll bossing it again, is it?

Basically Hulkenberg out-qualified Stroll and had him in his pocket, before RP pitted him late on. Perez steps away for Silverstone, and comes back to out-qualify Stroll, and had it not been for a harsh penalty, Perez beats Stroll today with a one stop.

Not doing a bad job is Lance, but his teammates pretty much have him covered, if they have no issues in their own races.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 16 Aug 2020, 7:39 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
GSC wrote:Eh it's always been there to an extent, Mercedes/Renault/Honda etc have supplied engines while running teams. It's more enhanced now that we don't have normalised engine performance.

It's never made much of a significant difference to the racing.

I believe it most definitely has.

Maybe not the driver loaning to "sister" teams so much. After all F1 is 90% car and 10% driver.

However cliques (or teams helping / doing business with each other) has always been detrimental to the sport, from creating a culture of over-reliance on the part of the smaller teams, to creating power blocs when negotiating with FOM / FIA over changes to the regs, financial terms etc.

The big teams hold far too much power because of this, given the smaller teams often rely on them for parts and drivers. It has given them licence to dictate terms...often to the detriment of the smaller teams, in terms of competitiveness, but because they are so reliant on the larger teams, they won't speak out, or vote against them.

Not to mention the frequent on-track co-operation e.g. Toro Rosso (historically) letting Red Bull cars past far easier than other teams. Same thing with Ferrari & Mercedes and their partner teams.

And this situation has just got worse with each passing season.

It shouldn't have to be this way, but the sad fact is the smaller teams probably wouldn't survive without the support of the larger ones.

Another part of Ecclestone's legacy of greed - making the sport ever more expensive to participate in - and tactics of playing teams against each other, to get his own way.

Hopefully the budget cap will go some way to addressing this.

I agree. And that is basically what I was trying to get at.

Sure Renault/Mercedes/Ferrari/Honda have always been engine suppliers but it used to be just that - supplying an engine. Now it goes deeper than that.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 16 Aug 2020, 8:44 pm

Better hope the FIA can/are willing to enforce it then, because it only becomes a bigger issue in a system where you put an upper limit on resources
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 17 Aug 2020, 9:56 am

GSC wrote:Better hope the FIA can/are willing to enforce it then, because it only becomes a bigger issue in a system where you put an upper limit on resources

Well thats the million dollar question. To be honest I am sceptical about the FIA having any hope of enforcing a budget cap. They tried this quite a few years ago and gave up, once the teams started getting very creative with their accounting.

In theory a budget cap ought to be a good thing. Forcing the works teams to operate on a budget not much larger than the smaller teams. Means they shouldn't be able to simply out-R&D and test other teams to get better performance.

This should put the smaller teams under less pressure to simply buy components and make in-house development more viable.

Lets face it - this parts-sharing / buying shenanigans has done nothing to make F1 more competitive, has it? All it does is help the smaller teams save some money. RP had to buy a whole car to make a jump up the grid!
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 17 Aug 2020, 12:45 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
GSC wrote:Better hope the FIA can/are willing to enforce it then, because it only becomes a bigger issue in a system where you put an upper limit on resources

Well thats the million dollar question. To be honest I am sceptical about the FIA having any hope of enforcing a budget cap. They tried this quite a few years ago and gave up, once the teams started getting very creative with their accounting.

In theory a budget cap ought to be a good thing. Forcing the works teams to operate on a budget not much larger than the smaller teams. Means they shouldn't be able to simply out-R&D and test other teams to get better performance.

This should put the smaller teams under less pressure to simply buy components and make in-house development more viable.

Lets face it - this parts-sharing / buying shenanigans has done nothing to make F1 more competitive, has it? All it does is help the smaller teams save some money. RP had to buy a whole car to make a jump up the grid!

Agreed.

Another problem, I feel, is that there are fewer motor manufacturers involved in F1 now so the big manufacturers such as Mercedes and Ferrari hold a monopoly. I keep harking back to this but I recall when you had a wide spread of manufacturers involved in F1 such as Ford, Ferrari, Renault, Honda, Lamborghini and BMW with around fourteen teams where they never had these cliques.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

dyrewolfe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Aug 2020, 7:40 pm

McLaren and Ferrari have signed the new Concord agreement for 2021-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Aug 2020, 10:38 pm

And Williams
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2020, 7:56 am

Sergio Perez’s sponsors are considering offering more money for Perez to retain his seat - which seems impossible as Vettel’s deal is complete. Stroll Sr will pay Vettel $15m per season plus undisclosed bonuses.

I don’t see the logic of the Mexicans pay say $20m just to stay with Aston Martin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2020, 10:19 am

Jeff Navarro wrote:McLaren and Ferrari have signed the new Concord agreement for 2021-25

All 10 have signed

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 19 Aug 2020, 10:26 am

Well if a team like McLaren are happy with the new Concorde Agreement, I guess it must a step in the right direction.

McLaren Sign Concorde Agreement

No actual details, but Zak Brown seems to think it represents a much fairer deal for all the teams.

As for Vettel, apparently he is set to sign his deal with RP / Aston Martin during the Belgian GP weekend.

Vettel to sign with Aston Martin at Belgian GP

Until then I suppose the team can change their minds and accept increased sponsorship to retain Perez (can't see Stroll Sr letting his son lose his seat).

Interesting conundrum. Obviously Seb is still a capable driver, but is he really that much better than Perez at this stage of his career? Also a 3 year contract at a reported €15 million a year? Shocked

I know the team aren't exactly short of money but thats a hell of an investment in a driver who is in the twilight of their career.

Also, if the team aren't at least as competitive as they are now when the new regs kick in, I wouldn't bank on Seb seeing out his contract.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 19 Aug 2020, 10:30 am

To be honest Perez hasn't really shone this year in a car that's been good enough to compete for podiums.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2020, 10:58 am

I think it shows the level of Perez and Vettel tbh - one is currently paying $15m to buy a seat whereas the other is being offered $15m to drive for the team. Vettel’s contract has break clauses on both sides. So if in the unlikely situation Stroll Jr batters Vettel - Stroll Sr can sack Vettel payment free

Perez is an honest driver but he missed his opportunity when he was a non event at McLaren. He’ll probably try to buy a seat at Haas.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 19 Aug 2020, 11:20 am

I think you can question whether Vettel is suited to the mid field but he would have gotten better results from this car than Perez has so far. Perez should be aiming for 4th most races behind the Mercs and Max
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2020, 12:11 pm

Bit harsh. Perez has finished 6th/6th/7th so far this season. He also basically finished 4th at Barcelona, without penalty. I doubt Vettel would be doing drastically better than that, especially given his own driving performance over the past 18 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Aug 2020, 12:17 pm

GSC wrote:I think you can question whether Vettel is suited to the mid field but he would have gotten better results from this car than Perez has so far. Perez should be aiming for 4th most races behind the Mercs and Max

Two best results for Racing Point this season, and leading driver in the championship for them...Lance Stroll. heart Imagine if he was any good eh! Whistle censored
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2020, 12:35 pm

In Austria, Perez was basically nailed on for fourth, before Albon hit his front wing on the last lap. Stroll benefitted. In Barcelona, Perez basically finished fourth, before a harsh penalty demoted him. Stroll benefitted. Hulk easily has Stroll in his pocket in Silverstone, before RP made Hulk pit and demoted him. Stroll benefitted. Bit of a theme. Hungary is really the only race whereby Stroll impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 19 Aug 2020, 12:43 pm

He's still not really outperforming the car. I know Vettel is now Pastor Maldonado based on a couple of years in an uncompetitive car and a team that stopped supporting him but history suggests he can do better.

And if not, again, it's not as if Perez is pulling up trees
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 19 Aug 2020, 2:19 pm

I would definitely put Perez in the upper half of current GP drivers, possibly about 6th or 7th best - I'm not convinced that Vettel 2020 is an upgrade on that purely as a driver. (although a fully in form SV would certainly be an improvement) Obviously PR plays a part - saying to the F1 world that we can afford to pay a former multiple world champ is a lot more positive than taking $20 million of Mexican sponsorship money (and to be fair RP's ability to pull in sponsors is likely to improve with the Vettel signing).

I think Perez was unlucky in getting promoted to McLaren a year or two too early - iirc, he also missed a couple of races that season after a big crash at Monaco. He's generally done a much better than competent job for Force India / Racing Point.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 20 Aug 2020, 4:33 pm

GSC wrote:I think you can question whether Vettel is suited to the mid field but he would have gotten better results from this car than Perez has so far. Perez should be aiming for 4th most races behind the Mercs and Max

Really? When he has been miles behind Leclerc in the Ferrari, more often than not?

Why would he fare any better in a Pink Merc? Perez has been there or thereabouts in the races he's competed in so far (two 6th places, a 7th and a 5th). I certainly don't think Vettel would have got significantly better results, had he been driving. Remember this is a guy who built his success on the back of controlling races from the front. He's not so hot when he's got a few cars in front of him.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:29 am

Williams F1 has been acquired by dorilton capital

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 21 Aug 2020, 10:53 am

Happy that Williams' future in the sport has been secured...for the immediate future, at least.

I just hope Dorilton know what they're getting into and that this isn't just a short-term gamble. 2022 represents a great chance to resurrect their former glories - or at least get back on track to that kind of success.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 21 Aug 2020, 7:34 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

Really? When he has been miles behind Leclerc in the Ferrari, more often than not?

Why would he fare any better in a Pink Merc? Perez has been there or thereabouts in the races he's competed in so far (two 6th places, a 7th and a 5th). I certainly don't think Vettel would have got significantly better results, had he been driving. Remember this is a guy who built his success on the back of controlling races from the front. He's not so hot when he's got a few cars in front of him.

I would argue the same is true of most drivers at the front of the grid though. Flashy overtakes are great but the best drivers don't overtake that often.

To me Perez has the opportunity this year to stamp his ticket as one of the best drivers on the grid in a car that's really the 3rd best on the grid, and with Albon nowhere in the RB.

And the results are kinda just there. He's not over delivering like Max, LeClerc or Norris did early season. Especially if we accept Stroll isn't much of a benchmark and beating him means little (but being out qualified on a technical circuit like Hungary does).

Sebs proven he can outperform the car when it's not a dog and the team is interested in supporting him. And if it proves he's a faded force you have a break clause and go get a fresher talent.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:09 pm

Sebastian Vettel will be confirmed as Aston Martin’s marquee signing at next weekends Belgian GP. Deal has been ratified as the compensation package for Perez has been agreed. The deal was brokered by Toto Wolff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2020, 7:52 am

Jeff Navarro wrote:Williams F1 has been acquired by dorilton capital

I’d imagine further down the road, they will sell the naming rights to a manufacturer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2020, 7:57 am

Jeff Navarro wrote:Sebastian Vettel will be confirmed as Aston Martin’s marquee signing at next weekends Belgian GP. Deal has been ratified as the compensation package for Perez has been agreed. The deal was brokered by Toto Wolff.

Always been in the camp, that this is a desperate move, he doesn’t really want, but the money is too good to turn down. He’s essentially driving for Force India, under an Aston Martin badge. Not surprised there is break clauses in the contract.

As for Perez, I think he will get over it. It’s not like it’s a top team he’s departing. Still good opportunities around in F1, or in another formula, probably in America.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 22 Aug 2020, 10:54 am

GSC wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

I would argue the same is true of most drivers at the front of the grid though. Flashy overtakes are great but the best drivers don't overtake that often.

To me Perez has the opportunity this year to stamp his ticket as one of the best drivers on the grid in a car that's really the 3rd best on the grid, and with Albon nowhere in the RB.

And the results are kinda just there. He's not over delivering like Max, LeClerc or Norris did early season. Especially if we accept Stroll isn't much of a benchmark and beating him means little (but being out qualified on a technical circuit like Hungary does).

Sebs proven he can outperform the car when it's not a dog and the team is interested in supporting him. And if it proves he's a faded force you have a break clause and go get a fresher talent.

Again - Seb has shown repeatedly he can't do wheel-to-wheel racing...unlike Hamilton, Leclerc, Verstappen and others. Even Albon had that one race where he came through the pack for a decent points finish. F1's car and track design regs don't exactly encourage overtaking and the best drivers tend to be at or near the front anyway...so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Put Seb in a Mercedes and I expect he'd be doing a good impersonation of Bottas. The best drivers can make up for mistakes or poor qualifying sessions and still finish on the podium (or at least in the top 5).

The whole concept of out-performing a car is precisely what Verstappen and Leclerc are doing right now (or what Alonso did at McLaren). Taking cars that aren't great and producing good results with them. Vettel did that once in recent memory, that season where he was a genuine title contender (2017 was it?)

But (repeating myself yet again) he did his best work when he was able to control races from the front.

At Aston, he's going to have maybe the 3rd best car on the grid (or joint 3rd / 4th if Ferrari get their act together). Basically, he's still going to be fighting in the lead pack, which is going to mean a lot of wheel to wheel racing. If his record is anything to go by, he's going to come off second best more often than not.

At the risk of contradicting myself, I think he'll do a decent enough job at Aston that they'll want to keep him (provided he doesn't make too many unforced errors). I will be genuinely interested to see how he fares against Stroll. I think the biggest questions can only be answered once we see the pecking order in 2022 and we know how competitive the team is...and what the driver market looks like then.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 22 Aug 2020, 11:07 am

Just John wrote:
Jeff Navarro wrote:Sebastian Vettel will be confirmed as Aston Martin’s marquee signing at next weekends Belgian GP. Deal has been ratified as the compensation package for Perez has been agreed. The deal was brokered by Toto Wolff.

Always been in the camp, that this is a desperate move, he doesn’t really want, but the money is too good to turn down. He’s essentially driving for Force India, under an Aston Martin badge. Not surprised there is break clauses in the contract.

As for Perez, I think he will get over it. It’s not like it’s a top team he’s departing. Still good opportunities around in F1, or in another formula, probably in America.

I'm hoping Perez can get a seat somewhere like Haas or Alfa. He's better than the drivers they currently have (bet they'd also love his sponsorship money). Same with Hulkenberg.

Just John wrote:
I’d imagine further down the road, they will sell the naming rights to a manufacturer

Couple of questions with this. First, since they are owned by a capital investment firm, why would they need to do this? Second...which manufacturer? Williams have their own facilities - its not like they need to outsource work. Also despite their recent lack of success, the Williams brand is still very well-known and has value due to their history in the sport. They are still one of the most successful teams in F1.

Dorilton confirmed they are quite happy with the team's "world class facilities" at Grove and there are no plans to relocate.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2020, 11:23 am

Just John wrote:

Not sure Vettel’s real motivation is money - there was offers from Indycar offering him ridiculous money. And at the conclusion of his time at Maranello he will have received $220-240m - In addition to the $50m he earned at Red Bull. So if he walked away I doubt he’d be searched down the back of the couch for the loose change.

This deal was brokered by Wolff as the intermediary so someone should ask him why he’s so eager for Vettel to remain.

Vettel would’ve received that estimated $45m for in one season in indycar if the reports are to be believed.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 22 Aug 2020, 11:59 am

I would worry for the long-term future of Williams now.

Williams-privately owned always had F1 as their sole goal and reason for being and were totally committed to the sport and striving to be the best they could be plus have a history of success. Now owned by a finance company that is all gone. The new owners don't have F1 in their DNA and I'd question whether they even had an active interest in the sport before buying Williams. You feel that a year or two of slumming it at the back of the grid and they'll get bored and worried about spending cash on a lost cause and look to offload the team sharpish.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2020, 1:31 pm

The most realistic hopes for Williams would be if the VW group reignited the F1 aspirations. This could be possible if the factory Ducati team won the MotoGP title. Then they can use that momentum to open a factory F1 team with the Williams lineage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2020, 9:36 am

Just John wrote:As for Perez, I think he will get over it. It’s not like it’s a top team he’s departing. Still good opportunities around in F1, or in another formula, probably in America.

Only needs to look at Takuma Sato, now a 2x Indy 500 winner. There is life outside of F1, if he does indeed leave.

Alonso probably should of just stayed in bed. No Indy bid until at least, 2023.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 24 Aug 2020, 5:11 pm

Perez is good enough and has the funds to not have to join the likes of Max Chilton and Marcus Ericsson you suspect
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2020, 12:49 pm

Final four races confirmed

Turkey - Nov 15th
Bahrain - Nov 29th & Dec 6th
Abu Dhabi - Dec 13th

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 25 Aug 2020, 3:19 pm

Not gonna lie, the 17 race schedule they've improvised is more interesting than the one they started with.

Like to see some circuits rotate yearly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2020, 6:18 pm

Don’t see why we have to have two Bahrain GPs especially as the second one will be on some sort of oval circuit.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 25 Aug 2020, 7:21 pm

17 races > 16 I guess.

Which circuit are they using? I know they used the longer layout in 2010 which replaces the hairpin at T3 to T5 with a longer section of corners
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 25 Aug 2020, 7:24 pm

If it's the short layout then you have a 90 degree corner just after T2 that comes onto the 2nd drs straight
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next