The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
Plunky
Davie
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
Shotrock
George1507
I'm never wrong
superflyweight
JAS
westisbest
beninho
Soul Requiem
kwinigolfer
dynamark
navyblueshorts
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
22 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:46 am

First topic message reminder :

dynamark wrote:Kobe beef isn't that a real thing.Not familiar with the gent but Basketball is a great spectator sport in that there is a score every few seconds and always a result .
Lowry has done very  well to say the least in view of the stick he gets.Good lad

Do you think so? It's certainly a great sport to play, but it's pretty boring to watch. 75% of the game is irrelevant. It only becomes slightly interesting in the last quarter when the match is won and lost. I thinks that's the problem with American sport. They concentrate so much on there being frequent scoring, that it becomes routine and lacks excitement when they do score.
I prefer moments of brilliance in sports rather than just constant routine points.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 10:02 am

beninho wrote:https://www.livescience.com/amp/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html#click=https://t.co/FcjQHSfsmA

I found this interesting. I posted it to a it's just flu guy on twitter, he didn't respond.

Seems like it didn't say much other than the death rate is higher and varies according to location and age. Not what I'd call a Slam dunk.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:12 am

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Don't worry, it's just the flu..still say the idiots.

For the vast majority of people it is. If it was Ebola then the hysteria could be justified.
Forgot you were a qualified virologist, as well as everything else. Probably best to listen to what those people suggest should be done, don't you think?

That's what virologists and epidemioogists are saying in that for most people it is just flu like symptoms.
These people should not be freaking out and buying gallons of hand-wash, bales of toilet rolls, crates of tinned goods or shipping containers of bread.
You should probably keep quiet on this subject, as it's clearly not a forté. Perhaps you could expand your awareness to others, instead of thinking that there's no problem as you, yourself, might only get a few mild symptoms? Never mind...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:16 am

I didnt say there's no problem Navy, I said that for the majority of people this is not something which is going to cause many health problems, hence the hysteria is uncalled for. That's echoed by health experts. Try reading what I wrote for once instead of doing a GPB and going on a tirade.

Clue, the key phrase is "for the majority"

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:18 am

It seems the authorities have stopped posting stats showing respective ages and medical conditions of victims - they must have this data, any business would have and would strategise accordingly.
This is not to say we're all getting into a tizzwozz unnecessarily, but is political correctness getting in the way of targeting the most appropriate demographics?
I dunno, but what a mess of confusion we have as things stand.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:28 am

kwinigolfer wrote:It seems the authorities have stopped posting stats showing respective ages and medical conditions of victims - they must have this data, any business would have and would strategise accordingly.
This is not to say we're all getting into a tizzwozz unnecessarily, but is political correctness getting in the way of targeting the most appropriate demographics?

Indeed, but would doing things like creating maps of worst affected areas help or just cause panic among the stupid?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:54 am

super_realist wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:It seems the authorities have stopped posting stats showing respective ages and medical conditions of victims - they must have this data, any business would have and would strategise accordingly.

Indeed, but would doing things like creating maps of worst affected areas help or just cause panic among the stupid?

There could at least be more specific instructions/restrictions, legally enforced if necessary, of movement by demographics of high risk - and I'm getting to be in the sweet (age-wise) spot, except (surprise) no underlying health issues.
Panic "among the stupid" and not-so-stupid is already in full swing here - I would have thought that more focused, perhaps less politically correct, attention to the issue would benefit everyone.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 13 Mar 2020, 12:33 pm

We have a ton of people in that sweet spot (age-wise) on Cape Cod as it's a very popular retirement destination.  The Guv declared a state of emergency in Massachusetts early this week due to a dramatic increase in number of those affected with the virus (thanks to an international seminar in Boston).  For the most part there's been no panic here although hand sanitizer has been almost impossible to find for the last couple of weeks.  It was only when the county declared an end to gatherings of more than 15 people that supermarket shelves suddenly emptied. I think it's a "don't know what they'll ban next,  but I sure don't want to go hungry" kind  of reaction.   I don't believe it's a government enforced ban on all meetings.  But the senior centres, libraries, community centres etc have cancelled a lot of activities.  Local churches followed that lead and are mostly continuing with services but cancelling all non-essential programs.  There's going to be a lot of bored seniors around now -- I just hope they don't all head  for the golf courses.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 12:37 pm

Plunky wrote:We have a ton of people in that sweet spot (age-wise) on Cape Cod as it's a very popular retirement destination.  The Guv declared a state of emergency in Massachusetts early this week due to a dramatic increase in number of those affected with the virus (thanks to an international seminar in Boston).  For the most part there's been no panic here although hand sanitizer has been almost impossible to find for the last couple of weeks.  It was only when the county declared an end to gatherings of more than 15 people that supermarket shelves suddenly emptied. I think it's a "don't know what they'll ban next,  but I sure don't want to go hungry" kind  of reaction.   I don't believe it's a government enforced ban on all meetings.  But the senior centres, libraries, community centres etc have cancelled a lot of activities.  Local churches followed that lead and are mostly continuing with services but cancelling all non-essential programs.   There's going to be a lot of bored seniors around now -- I just hope they don't all head  for the golf courses.

They've cancelled everything then? Churches don't do anything which is  essential.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:11 pm

Crazy as it seems to you Super , there are plenty of people around here who go to church regularly.   On Sunday they will most likely sing/pray together and plan outreach activities which don't involve 15 or more people.  This would include visiting/feeding the house-bound, doing shifts at the local food bank, running the thrift shop etc all of which they would consider essential.  They will have cancelled non-essential things like bible studies, special Lenten church gatherings, Saint Patrick's day party etc.   Later in the year they will provide free thanksgiving dinners and Christmas dinners to anyone in need.  And they will do this without preaching at or judging anyone.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:18 pm

What I mean is that they do nothing essential which can't be done without it. Those things you mention are not dependent on there being a church in the town.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:29 pm

super_realist wrote:I didnt say there's no problem Navy, I said that for the majority of people this is not something which is going to cause many health problems, hence the hysteria is uncalled for. That's echoed by health experts. Try reading what I wrote for once instead of doing a GPB and going on a tirade.

Yes, sir, Mr. Virologist, sir! Listen very carefully - it's not just about you.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:33 pm

Plunky wrote:Crazy as it seems to you Super , there are plenty of people around here who go to church regularly.   On Sunday they will most likely sing/pray together and plan outreach activities which don't involve 15 or more people.  This would include visiting/feeding the house-bound, doing shifts at the local food bank, running the thrift shop etc all of which they would consider essential.  They will have cancelled non-essential things like bible studies, special Lenten church gatherings, Saint Patrick's day party etc.   Later in the year they will provide free thanksgiving dinners and Christmas dinners to anyone in need.  And they will do this without preaching at or judging anyone.
Oh dear... (not aimed at you, Plunky)

All this visiting/feeding/helping etc is almost certainly going to delay the end of this issue and will likely kill a few more. Brutal, but probably true.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:41 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:I didnt say there's no problem Navy, I said that for the majority of people this is not something which is going to cause many health problems, hence the hysteria is uncalled for. That's echoed by health experts. Try reading what I wrote for once instead of doing a GPB and going on a tirade.

Again Mr Illiterate, I didn't say it was just about me, I didn't even imply it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:55 pm

Realist, is part of the carry on as usual brigade. That's what he said. Carry on regardless, let the old folk die, and give people an illness, which no one knows what impact it may have in the future. I read something about it leaving long scaring.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:57 pm

beninho wrote:Realist, is part of the carry on as usual brigade. That's what he said. Carry on regardless, let the old folk die, and give people an illness, which no one knows what impact it may have in the future. I read something about it leaving long scaring.

Have you read anything reputable about it or just internet hearsay?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:57 pm

beninho wrote:Realist, is part of the carry on as usual brigade. That's what he said. Carry on regardless, let the old folk die, and give people an illness, which no one knows what impact it may have in the future. I read something about it leaving long scaring.

Jesus, not you too. I said FOR THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE that the effects would be minor and THEREFORE THE HYSTERIA AND PANIC BUYING IS NOT NECESSARY.

Is that clear enough?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 13 Mar 2020, 2:04 pm

But, you also said carry on as usual. Is that still your view. Yep the panic buying is crazy. Problem is, we do not know what the effects will be, to say they would be minor is guess work. But, you must be the expert.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 13 Mar 2020, 2:14 pm

I'm taking the view let me get it soon and get it over with.It will go through the population over the next couple of years no choice at all -all our experts are trying to do is delay it and spread it out.Stuff happens not very often nowadays but it happens.Sooner folk accept it as inevitable the better .
Old folk don't die-old people with usually serious underlying conditions die a bit sooner than they would naturally. I'm not saying its the flu because it isn't its new but it isn't going to go away.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 2:17 pm

beninho wrote:But, you also said carry on as usual. Is that still your view. Yep the panic buying is crazy. Problem is, we do not know what the effects will be, to say they would be minor is guess work. But, you must be the expert.

Jesus christ, you are at it again. I said the virus has a minimal effect on an infected person who has no underlying health problems. You can read their testimony yourself if you like. I just read one on the BBC website this morning. He said it was not pleasant, but he's had worse flu.

Should we carry on as usual? It's certainly an option open to us because it has a direct bearing on how long it goes on for. Should we take that option? We'll, that's a different question.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 13 Mar 2020, 2:46 pm

I'm getting worried about my holiday to Antigua in May!!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 2:48 pm

beninho wrote:I'm getting worried about my holiday to Antigua in May!!

I've already had a trip to Berlin cancelled. I'm sure if the infection rates begin to drop off that fewer things will get cancelled the longer we go on.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 13 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:But, you also said carry on as usual. Is that still your view. Yep the panic buying is crazy. Problem is, we do not know what the effects will be, to say they would be minor is guess work. But, you must be the expert.

Jesus christ, you are at it again. I said the virus has a minimal effect on an infected person who has no underlying health problems. You can read their testimony yourself if you like. I just read one on the BBC website this morning. He said it was not pleasant, but he's had worse flu.

Should we carry on as usual? It's certainly an option open to us because it has a direct bearing on how long it goes on for. Should we take that option? We'll, that's a different question.

Don’t quite think it’s as simple as that unless you segregate those on who it will have little effect totally from those at higher risk. Also even then it’s not straightforward, there HAVE been deaths among the “should have minimal adverse effect” category. Now ok that’s not to say those victims might have had an undiagnosed underlying problem but it nevertheless indicates that you can’t simply rationalise the problem away and carry on as normal.

The profile of the pandemic is changing day by day and try as they might to understand all aspects of it authorities just don’t. The U.K. govt seem to be acting predominately on the advice of scientific analysis of a lot of data. That’s fine, they have a strategy and there are sticking to it and the opposition parties are trying to present a general appearance of cooperation and consensus. Where I think things are falling down is that they are too data focussed and not cognisant enough of social interaction. I also think we all have a responsibility to try and understand what’s going on and take a responsible common sense approach to keep ourselves safe.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 13 Mar 2020, 3:31 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Plunky wrote:Crazy as it seems to you Super , there are plenty of people around here who go to church regularly.   On Sunday they will most likely sing/pray together and plan outreach activities which don't involve 15 or more people.  This would include visiting/feeding the house-bound, doing shifts at the local food bank, running the thrift shop etc all of which they would consider essential.  They will have cancelled non-essential things like bible studies, special Lenten church gatherings, Saint Patrick's day party etc.   Later in the year they will provide free thanksgiving dinners and Christmas dinners to anyone in need.  And they will do this without preaching at or judging anyone.
Oh dear... (not aimed at you, Plunky)

All this visiting/feeding/helping etc is almost certainly going to delay the end of this issue and will likely kill a few more. Brutal, but probably true.

I'm quite sure it won't be business as usual for the volunteers. They are more likely to telephone the vulnerable to see if they need anything, leave groceries on the doorstep etc.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 13 Mar 2020, 3:58 pm

super_realist wrote:What I mean is that they do nothing essential which can't be done without it. Those things you mention are not dependent on there being a church in the town.

That's correct in theory but what tends to happen is that a local church sees a need in the community and does something about it. When superstorm Sandy hit the NY area a few years ago there were a couple of large FEMA centres (government-run) set up on Long Island to provide food and warmth for those who had no power in their homes. There was a snowstorm one night and nobody showed up the next day to open up the shelters. Local churches, many of which were already providing hot lunches, took in anyone and everyone. You simply can't rely on the government to protect the vulnerable and although there may be many individuals willing to help, somebody has to set up the programs, organize volunteers etc, and the churches do that for free. The fact that they also regularly remind their congregations to look out for those less fortunate than themselves doesn't hurt either.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 4:01 pm

Plunky wrote:
super_realist wrote:What I mean is that they do nothing essential which can't be done without it. Those things you mention are not dependent on there being a church in the town.

That's correct in theory but what tends to happen is that a local church sees a need in the community and does something about it.  When superstorm Sandy hit the  NY area a few years ago there were a couple of large FEMA centres (government-run) set up on Long Island to provide food and warmth for those who had no power in their homes.   There was a snowstorm one night and nobody showed up the next day to open up the shelters.  Local churches, many of which were already providing hot lunches,  took in anyone and everyone.   You simply can't rely on the government to protect the vulnerable and although there may be many individuals willing to help, somebody has to set up the programs, organize volunteers etc, and the churches do that for free.  The fact that they also regularly remind their congregations to look out for those less fortunate than themselves doesn't hurt either.  

Given that they live a life on the public dole  and pay no taxes whilst banking millions it's probably fair they put something back. Small effort given what they get for nothing and don't even have to open their books to see whether they actually do anything for society.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:19 pm

The churches around here were built and paid for by people who wanted a church in their community. They are sustained by donations from parishioners and by their own fundraising efforts. Most fundraising events give half to charity and half goes towards keeping the church going financially. They certainly do not bank millions.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:26 pm

Plunky Hi I think maybe in our differing countries the story re welfare differs as it does with healthcare .
I'm no fan of the church in general I happen to think all religion is fairy tales(that's being polite) but if it is a community help situation then well done from that angle

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:32 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Whatever. The WHO, PHE, CDC etc all say this is significant, but you know better. You don't understand virology or epidemiology, but just carry on; whatever floats your boat. I have neither the time nor the inclination to demonstrate the shortcomings of what you're saying - your attitude reeks the same as those that refuse vaccination because they're 'alright Jack', forgetting or not giving a scheisse about the fact there's others can't be vaccinated.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:38 pm

Plunky wrote:The churches around here were built and paid for by people who wanted a church in their community.   They are sustained by donations from parishioners and by their own fundraising efforts.   Most fundraising events give half to charity and half goes towards keeping the church going financially.  They certainly do not bank millions.    
Give it up, Plunky. S_R is of the atheist zealot persuasion (as am I; not the zealot bit) and, therefore, thinks nothing good comes of religion (unlike me). It's good that there are people who'll help others, wherever such motivation comes from.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:46 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:

Have you read anything reputable about it or just internet hearsay?
Fibrosis is not uncommon as a long-term effect of acute, and serious, lung inflammation. Not great, but a very quick JFGI gives:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2235847-coronavirus-what-are-the-worst-symptoms-and-how-deadly-is-covid-19/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/02/200228142018.htm
https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/10.1148/radiol.2020200527
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:53 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Plunky wrote:The churches around here were built and paid for by people who wanted a church in their community.   They are sustained by donations from parishioners and by their own fundraising efforts.   Most fundraising events give half to charity and half goes towards keeping the church going financially.  They certainly do not bank millions.    
Give it up, Plunky. S_R is of the atheist zealot persuasion (as am I; not the zealot bit) and, therefore, thinks nothing good comes of religion (unlike me). It's good that there are people who'll help others, wherever such motivation comes from.

I have said that nothing good comes out of religion that can't be done without it, therefore churches are not necessary.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:55 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Whatever. The WHO, PHE, CDC etc all say this is significant, but you know better. You don't understand virology or epidemiology, but just carry on; whatever floats your boat. I have neither the time nor the inclination to demonstrate the shortcomings of what you're saying - your attitude reeks the same as those that refuse vaccination because they're 'alright Jack', forgetting or not giving a scheisse about the fact there's others can't be vaccinated.

For phucks sake. All I have said is that for the majority of people, this virus is not a significant health risk. That's precisely what all these experts you say I think I know better than are saying.
Stop being so dishonest and stop trying to misrepresent my position.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 13 Mar 2020, 6:16 pm

But what is your position. Is it just a lot of people will be fine, but we need to stop gatherings to stop the spread being to fast, it puts to big a strain on the NHS?

Or is it, business as usual like you previously said?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 13 Mar 2020, 6:17 pm

And religion debates, again. Come on everyone, we know we have a religious but job in the group who will jump on everything. Let's not get involved.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 13 Mar 2020, 6:30 pm

Am I the only person here who suspects that Super was once jilted by a plump woman who subsequently became a nun ?!

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 13 Mar 2020, 6:35 pm

I honestly think he was kiddy fiddled by a catholic priest in ireland

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 13 Mar 2020, 7:03 pm

We are not ruled by doctors/scientists, but politicians. Just like the punishment should fit the crime, politicians should keep calm and not risk driving the country into recession. I say isolate the elderly / those with underlying health issues and accept deaths similar to what a regular flu claims every year, plus minus. Vaccines will then come along.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 14 Mar 2020, 12:40 am

beninho wrote:I honestly think he was kiddy fiddled by a catholic priest in ireland  

Given how bitter he is I don't think he has been bestowed even that attention.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 14 Mar 2020, 7:57 am

https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518371651649538?s=19

This probably does seem to be government policy. Pretty risky, and obviously not bojo idea.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 14 Mar 2020, 8:51 am

Well said Pedro . Business wise this could get very messy with long lasting consequences .
Anything based on public consumption is going to have immediate and serious problems.
Will be interesting to see how employers react when cases start to turn up in their premises.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sat 14 Mar 2020, 10:56 am

kwinigolfer wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:Look after yourselves folks OK

Especially you, with your Toiaseach having been hobnobbing with the contaminated Drumpf . . . . . . . . .

Who wil Drumpf blame if he tests positive?
The media??
Or:
The Dems????

Haha, he's the least of our worries Kwini! ~60k people coming back from Cheltenham is the bigger concern Shocked
But listen there is good advice out there as long as people follow sensible precautions it will help control the spread.
Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Images10

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 15 Mar 2020, 10:56 am

Looks like my seniors group at the club will have drastically reduced numbers for a few weeks. Story HERE

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:06 am

Anyone ever see the film Soylent Green starring Charlton Heston.This could be the time .
Seen both the offspring this weekend and son is convinced his job fitting out gyms will not be affected -it will ,daughter works mainly at the golf club who were planning a big new clubhouse extension -which will be delayed .This will hurt all sorts of business and staff

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:54 am

I'm never wrong wrote:Looks like my seniors group at the club will have drastically reduced numbers for a few weeks. Story HERE

If they did that here it would put Trump, Bernie & Biden, McConnell & Pelosi, (me too) under house arrest - get the country moving again at-a-stroke.

Meanwhile Drumpf, how's the decision to eliminate the NSC's Directorate for global health, security and bio-defence working out for you?
Probably the reason why you're ten times more likely to be tested in GB & Canada than in the good ole usa. MAGA. If there's anyone left.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 15 Mar 2020, 7:50 pm

Who knows, come November maybe Buttigieg will be back in the race.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:00 am

beninho wrote:But what is your position. Is it just a lot of people will be fine, but we need to stop gatherings to stop the spread being to fast, it puts to big a strain on the NHS?

Or is it, business as usual like you previously said?

First of all, when I originally suggested that "Business as usual" is an option, it is. Everything is an option as how you behave in such a crisis has a direct result on how long such a pandemic lasts for and the number of people it impacts. Secondly, when I said it was pre hysteria eruption, obviously things have now changed, however what has not changed is the fact that for the vast majority of people the effects of the virus on them is and will be minor. That's a scientific fact, but one that certain people don't seem to be able to accept.

There is some shocking news reporting going on too. Of the 200 scientists who are being critical of the UK response, only one of them is a Virologist. The term "scientist" is far too broad to be used in reports and bandied around with far too much authority and simply citing "scientists" doesn't actually mean they know anything about it. You could be a "food scientist" or a "soil scientist", Christ, even I'm a Scientist by definition as I'm sure many of you are, but no paper should be quoting "scientists" without citing what they are scientists in.

On the sport front, I think it's a case of pausing the current season and completing it at a later date, that might well mean next season is a write off, but seems the fairest way to let clear leaders like Liverpool, Celtic, Dundee United etc their leagues and relegate clubs that don't deserve to be in their leagues. Next season might well just be a Home or Away fixture with no cups.
Hilariously, this could play havoc with the R&A determined to have St. Andrews for the 150th Open with some sort of round number significance, when in all likelihood it will be the 149th.
Very easy getting tee times right now, no tourists around so do your local decent course some trade and I'm sure you'll get some great deals. Golf courses are probably one of the safest places to be right now, with only the pin being a possible source of the virus.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:09 am

beninho wrote:I honestly think he was kiddy fiddled by a catholic priest in ireland  

Such things are funny are they?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:42 am

If football season cannot resume with fans by June, od scrap the season and restart in 0September.

I'm starting to worry what the world will look like after this. I do hope it's not as bad as public health england said about at 300k deaths.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:45 am

I'm hoping the warmer weather kills it off pretty quickly.

I bet that odious little twerp Greta is loving the lack of air travel.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:59 am

super_realist wrote:
I bet that odious little twerp Greta is loving the lack of air travel.
I'm sure her totalitarian possy are loving the prospects of what's playing out these days.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next