The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
Plunky
Davie
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
Shotrock
George1507
I'm never wrong
superflyweight
JAS
westisbest
beninho
Soul Requiem
kwinigolfer
dynamark
navyblueshorts
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
22 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:46 am

First topic message reminder :

dynamark wrote:Kobe beef isn't that a real thing.Not familiar with the gent but Basketball is a great spectator sport in that there is a score every few seconds and always a result .
Lowry has done very  well to say the least in view of the stick he gets.Good lad

Do you think so? It's certainly a great sport to play, but it's pretty boring to watch. 75% of the game is irrelevant. It only becomes slightly interesting in the last quarter when the match is won and lost. I thinks that's the problem with American sport. They concentrate so much on there being frequent scoring, that it becomes routine and lacks excitement when they do score.
I prefer moments of brilliance in sports rather than just constant routine points.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:03 pm

21 year old from High Wycombe with no underlying health issues has died. It really brings home that even the young and fit could die.

Anyone else thinking, that basically, this in this country, life will be very different for a very long time?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:04 pm

I murdered a maccers on monday before they closed!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:07 pm

super_realist wrote:Didn't most of them go to the wall?
Think a number did Super. I think there was a chain that went under. Oddbins?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:08 pm

Lads not sure there are a lot of what we would call off licences left thanks to Blair you can buy drink anytime any place anywhere.Most essentially convenience stores.
Its pretty safe if you think about it they leave the shop door open you just pick up what you need the counter staff scan it with gloves and mask on you pay contactless and head home.If you do take care life could be reasonably normal.We have lads going out on emergemcy repairs in folks houses and basically stay apart and them clean down after in the house and surgical wipes for the guy working on his own before he gets in the van.Planet Is still turning once a day.Im thinking most on here are the older generation and this is time will not get back.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:08 pm

beninho wrote:I murdered a maccers on monday before they closed!
I did a Sub before they closed.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:15 pm

beninho wrote:21 year old from High Wycombe with no underlying health issues has died. It really brings home that even the young and fit could die.

Anyone else thinking, that basically, this in this country, life will be very different for a very long time?

Nothing to say she was fit. Could have been quite weak and feeble. Not everyone who is young is by default fit, could easily have had poor nutrition, could have grown up a vegan or something else which inhibited her body from being as strong as it should be, could have had a cold or flu on top, could be susceptible to respiratory illness. Got to be careful not to get carried away.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:16 pm

Saw a queue of about 60 cars waiting in the drive thru on the day they shut. Losers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:18 pm

Doesn't subway have a strange smell ?
More outlets than any of the others Im told.I went for an interview about 12 years ago at Dominos Milton Keynes who held the master franchise for UK)project manager) and they were very conservative we can only open in certain demographic areas etc but just look now - a pizza cost around 75p in materials the rest is gravy.Similar thing with Paddy Power maybe 15 years back my director (who couldnt be bothered)asked me to go to a meeting in London wit some irish blokes who were looking for a shopfitter to carry out a programme of opening bookies shops.I went back talking 90 shops a year and my lot didn't fancy getting involved-bad decision.
Bit off topic I know-- I have more if you enjoy.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:23 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:21 year old from High Wycombe with no underlying health issues has died. It really brings home that even the young and fit could die.

Nothing to say she was fit. Could have been quite weak and feeble. Not everyone who is young is by default fit, could easily have had poor nutrition, could have grown up a vegan or something else which inhibited her body from being as strong as it should be, could have had a cold or flu on top, could be susceptible to respiratory illness. Got to be careful not to get carried away.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/11244181/wife-coronavirus-dad-intensive-care-begs-stay-home/amp/

3 more fit and healthy, all in hospital. The old it doesn't impact healthy young people is being shown to be rubbish.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:26 pm

super_realist wrote:

Saw a queue of about 60 cars waiting in the drive thru on the day they shut. Losers.

Losers? Why.

They’re queuing for something they like, before it closes, who knows how long for.

F all wrong with that in my book.

Wish I’d done the same.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:44 pm

westisbest wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Losers? Why.

They’re queuing for something they like, before it closes, who knows how long for.

Wish I’d done the same.

What sort of deadbeat queues for one of the worst forms of "food" available? What sort of loser can't got a few months without a McDonald's?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:45 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/11244181/wife-coronavirus-dad-intensive-care-begs-stay-home/amp/

3 more fit and healthy, all in hospital.  The old it doesn't impact healthy young people is being shown to be rubbish.

I love that you'd never trust The Sun as a source if someone presented it to you, but it's alright for you to use it. Besides, they aren't dead are they? Nothing to suggest that that they won't make a full recovery.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:45 pm

We all have to remember that the population of the world should all be like super realist. If you are not you are a deadbeat.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:46 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

3 more fit and healthy, all in hospital.  The old it doesn't impact healthy young people is being shown to be rubbish.

I love that you'd never trust The Sun as a source if someone presented it to you, but it's alright for you to use it.

So you dont believe those people are generally fit and in hospital due to covid ?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:47 pm

beninho wrote:We all have to remember that the population of the world should all be like super realist. If you are not you are a deadbeat.

Would you wait in a queue of sixty cars to get a McDonald's? Have you got nothing better to do?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:49 pm

Well, The Sun is claiming they are fit and healthy and we don't know if they are as "fit and healthy" as they claim. Who knows what their definition of that is. To them could be someone who plays 5 a side once a week, or someone who goes to the gym once or twice.
I'm sure that this will affect a tiny amount of "young, fit and healthy" people will have bad reactions, but it's not worth causing hysteria over it is it?

I'm sure they do have Covid, but it's still true that most younger people are going to make a fine recovery.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 25 Mar 2020, 5:06 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:We all have to remember that the population of the world should all be like super realist. If you are not you are a deadbeat.

Would you wait in a queue of sixty cars to get a McDonald's? Have you got nothing better to do?

I may not wait for 60 cars, but I might que up for something I like, if I wasn’t going to be able to have it for some months.
Of course is not the greatest food. But all in moderation.

So are they deadbeats because they were queuing for something they like that you don’t?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 25 Mar 2020, 5:15 pm

I don't mind the odd one, but if I never got to eat one again it wouldn't bother me.
You can make your own burger which is vastly superior to what they make.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 25 Mar 2020, 6:59 pm

super_realist wrote:

It is a bit tragic to think some people are so desperate for a crappy take away burger that they would queue for it in times when we are meant to be curtailing such behavior. In a car or not it was a sad act.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 25 Mar 2020, 7:31 pm

In my work I have seen folk who only eat take away /convenience and never cook a meal.Very sadly that is what some folk do.
Again this may change behaviours over a medium term but I doubt the smokers/drinkers/overeaters will take notice for very long. Who would be a GP having to bite your tongue at many who roll in every week.
Id love to see us all modify our attitude to health and public services in general.More self reliance and responsibility.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Mar 2020, 7:48 am

It would be nice if that was the case Dyna, but the UK public is generally too fat already, too lazy and too stupid to be capable of making a joint effort to do anything about it.
As soon as all these take aways etc all open up again they'll be back on it.  Tragic, but most likely true.

I don't see there being any harm in a GP telling people that they are too fat and they need to do something about it or their lives are going to be considerably shorter and that their selfish actions are a strain on the NHS in numerous direct and indirect ways.
If you had cancer they wouldn't sugar coat what you are facing, why do people try to make the term "fat" or "obese" be more acceptable by replacing it with more cosy and "less offensive" words like overweight?

The British population is by and large an absolute disgrace.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:01 am

Anyway, we can get a mute for any posts by realist that include the term fat, obese or religion?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:05 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

It is a bit tragic to think some people are so desperate for a crappy take away burger that they would queue for it in times when we are meant to be curtailing such behavior. In a car or not it was a sad act.

Explicitly told to stay at home so they take the opportunity to queue for fast food, are people so lacking in basic culinary skills that they resort to this?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:08 am

beninho wrote:Anyway, we can get a mute for any posts by realist that include the term fat, obese or religion?

Get stuffed Ben. Get on with your "essential" work and leave the board alone if you don't want to comment.

Take a moment to think how much better off the NHS would be if the UK didn't have such a chronic Diabetes Type 2 issue which is almost entirely preventable. It's a completely valid point to raise in the current environment.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:28 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Anyway, we can get a mute for any posts by realist that include the term fat, obese or religion?

Get stuffed Ben. Get on with your "essential" work and leave the board alone if you don't want to comment.

Take a moment to think how much better off the NHS would be if the UK didn't have such a chronic Diabetes Type 2 issue which is almost entirely preventable. It's a completely valid point to raise in the current environment.

Charming response.

1- why the need to put "essential"? Is that some sort of dig at my job? I get its something you have no knowledge of, but it doesn't mean it's not essential, not just during the pandemic.

2- No one has ever doubted, some people could be healthier. But the constant repetitive mentioning of fat people, borders on weird obsession. It's not that you have shown a love of the nhs in the past. So, it must just be you are obsessed. It's very strange.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:32 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/nhs-staff-warned-to-hide-id-after-spate-of-targeted-muggings?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3EnUezNXlyK8PQjyMmkOi3BbVux6JZP604OX7n3zP4e_NnJsYCDR1ivKI#Echobox=1585163846

Some people.

Also reports the other day about ambulances being vandalised in Kent. Just makes you shake your head.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:39 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Charming response.

1- why the need to put "essential"? Is that some sort of dig at my job?  I get its something you have no knowledge of, but it doesn't mean it's not essential, not just during the pandemic.

2- No one has ever doubted, some people could be healthier. But the constant repetitive mentioning of fat people, borders on weird obsession. It's not that you have shown a love of the nhs in the past. So, it must just be you are obsessed. It's very strange.

I put it in quotation marks because you seem to be on here rather a lot for a job you deem essential.
Why do I mention fat people? Well initially I had mentioned a bunch of losers waiting outside McDonalds in a long queue to get their burger fix before they shut down and that evolved with input from others into whether this crisis would lead to Britain taking better care of itself in future. I suggested that it almost certainly would not. Not sure why you have a problem with that. If you don't want to get involved in the discussion, then simply ignore it and get on with your work. No one is forcing you to read my posts or respond.
You have no idea what my views on the NHS are, so leave that out of it too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:55 am

McLaren wrote:Doubt it would be widespread in the UK. And as super said it would probably end up at the gmc if you were caught prescribing for yourself, friends or family.

Also there are currently no drugs for Covid. The Chinese have authorised some other anti viral medications to be repurposed but as yet nothing that has been through clinical trials. If it gets serious the symptoms are being treated rather than ridding you of covid virus. So what these doctors are hoarding is unclear.
See that orange 'futures' are trading high today - bit like 'Trading Places' - because people want to buy 'healthy' stuff as if that'll help w/ this pandemic picard.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:56 am

super_realist wrote:Don't think so Jas. Trump's made dozens of gaffes and the Americans are too stupid to notice and the opposition, as in the UK is completely hopeless
Yes, but this virus doesn't give a scheisse about Trump. It can't be bullied, served w/ a NDA, sued etc etc. And dead people are hard facts it's difficult to refute.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:57 am

I'm never wrong wrote:What do you think about the Government allowing off licences to open Super?  I know some people would deem them "necessary" but I only drink occasionally and wouldn't miss them if they were shut.
They do sell other things...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:57 am

westisbest wrote:I could eat a McDonald’s now
Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:59 am

That she or family were aware of...be interesting if they do a PM. Still, guess that's one from a lot - always a risk to younger people, just less than 70+ etc.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 9:01 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

No-one ever said it didn't hit the young. They're just less likely to exhibit severe symptoms. Still, if it takes the popularisation of these cases to make people grow up, so much the better.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 9:01 am

super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Losers? Why.

Wish I’d done the same.

What sort of deadbeat queues for one of the worst forms of "food" available? What sort of loser can't got a few months without a McDonald's?
picard
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Mar 2020, 9:03 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Explicitly told to stay at home so they take the opportunity to queue for fast food, are people so lacking in basic culinary skills that they resort to this?
Yes.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 26 Mar 2020, 9:05 am

"PM lifts 30 minute hair appointment restrictions" Breaking News here.

Probably doesn't affect me. I'm in and out in under 20 minutes usually. I think it's best if I go a little 1970s (up top) for a few more weeks.
Ah.. the memories of days when everything seemed more free and fair. The way I'm going I'll probably be a hippy in month or so though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 26 Mar 2020, 9:20 am

navyblueshorts wrote:

That she or family were aware of...be interesting if they do a PM. Still, guess that's one from a lot - always a risk to younger people, just less than 70+ etc.

Internet rumour at this stage, but apparently she had an eating disorder. Not sure where this came from.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Mar 2020, 9:32 am

She did look pretty thin! But, I still think it's a wake up call to people anywhere up to 40, that people are suffering of not dieing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 26 Mar 2020, 9:35 am

Probably the internet Mac !
Anyway its the weekend tomorrow - days off ,football,golf,nice meal - ah perhaps not this week.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Mar 2020, 6:45 pm

Who will defend the government on the EU scheme to purchase ventilator.

First announcement that we are not in eu so not involved
6 hours later
We did not get the email, must have been a communication mix up.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 26 Mar 2020, 7:19 pm

beninho wrote:Who will defend the government on the EU scheme to purchase ventilator.

First announcement that we are not in eu so not involved
6 hours later
We did not get the email, must have been a communication mix up.

Sounds like the rookies in Scotland: We've got all the personal protective equipment we need, but "the system got clogged up with huge orders that didn't get processed because the orders couldn't be fulfilled", and so on with more bureaucratic clap-trap.

Probably from the same think tank as the Johnson acolyte who said anything fewer than 20,000 deaths in GB & NI would be considered a success.

And National Public Radio are reporting that unions in the Western US have uncovered (close to a 100M I think) millions of protective masks at two distributors that have just been gathering dust (hopefully not) in a warehouse.

Yet you never see a Logistics or Supply Chain professional at government press hoo hahs, there or here. Yet a good part of this is just managing the Logistics.
Bunch of amateurs.

Best solution would be to feed Pangolins into closed door cabinet meetings in Washington & Whitehall and lock the doors for three months. Problem solved.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=69521

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20