The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transgender - world Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' policy - Part 2

Go down

Transgender - world Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' policy - Part 2 Empty Transgender - world Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' policy - Part 2

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 27 Feb 2020, 4:05 pm

World Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' transgender policy separate from IOC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51662872

Good news and common sense.

Part 1 was closed down, good to see 606v2 is ahead of the game in raising these points!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Transgender - world Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' policy - Part 2 Empty Re: Transgender - world Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' policy - Part 2

Post by tigertattie on Fri 28 Feb 2020, 1:06 pm

Of course there needs to be a rugby specific policy.

It's a deeply emotive and sensitive subject though so hopegully people can debate it without resorting to insults and poor behavious.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Transgender - world Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' policy - Part 2 Empty Re: Transgender - world Rugby set to introduce 'rugby-specific' policy - Part 2

Post by The Oracle on Sun 01 Mar 2020, 9:13 pm

I’ve always agreed that for player safety, etc. rugby needed to treat this subject differently and introduce its own transgender policy. So I agree with the proposals. However, yesterday I read a good point someone raised (Twitter I think) and it got me thinking. They basically asked what the issue is with a transgender player in the women’s game when in the men’s game you can have someone like Eben Etzebeth playing against someone like Faf De Klerk? The point was that, actually, rugby is perhaps the one sport where we already have huge mismatches in size, strength, power, etc so perhaps it is the one sport where maybe we can integrate transgender players. Not sure I agree, but food for thought.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD on Mon 02 Mar 2020, 11:13 am

Huge mismatches are part of our game that is very true and part of the appear for the larger and smaller players who like the challenge, but there is a reason we have age grade rugby and don't allow U15s to batter U10s on a Sunday morning.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Mon 02 Mar 2020, 12:01 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Huge mismatches are part of our game that is very true and part of the appear for the larger and smaller players who like the challenge, but there is a reason we have age grade rugby and don't allow U15s to batter U10s on a Sunday morning.

Good point, TightHEAD. Good point indeed.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger on Fri 06 Mar 2020, 10:16 am

Though some places (especially NZ) are talking about weight banding age group rugby as there are such disparities in size.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Sat 07 Mar 2020, 10:14 pm

Hmmm. So perhaps the argument goes back to size, and maybe gender is then negated?
The Oracle
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly on Sun 08 Mar 2020, 2:21 pm

The Oracle wrote:Hmmm. So perhaps the argument goes back to size,

Stop always boasting, Oracle. Be serious.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:39 am

The question for me is how much stronger and physical is a male on average vs a female?

Is that not the crux of the issue?

Compare a man that weighs 90kg vs a female that weighs 90kg, the physical strength is where the disparity is, and by how much?

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD on Tue 21 Jul 2020, 9:11 am

Rugby leading the way.........

World Rugby could ban transgender athletes from playing women's rugby because of safety concerns.

It would be the first international sports federation to prohibit transgender women from competing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53476972
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

TightHEAD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders on Fri 24 Jul 2020, 2:03 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
It would be the first international sports federation to prohibit transgender women from competing.[/i]

Actually it wouldn’t. They will as they always have been able to play along with others of the same sex (as opposed to gender).

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan on Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:10 am

There seems to be a pushback in sport against having players/athletes who have gone through male puberty who then choose to identify as a woman because these transgendered athletes are starting dominating woman's sports at younger levels.

In soccer women's international teams are about the same standard as under 16 boys as backed up by results as they are simillar size, but even at that age they are stronger so imagine what a 22 year old would do.  I knew a woman who was on the fringes of the Munster squad and I would have been comfortable stronger and faster and I wouldn't get near any of the rugby schools squad in Munster.

While there are disparities in size happening, having any of the players playing in the any semi-professional  mens level would be head and shoulders above any current women playing rugby.  The reasons are size, strenght, standard of rugby at a young age.

Sports either want a place where female people can play sports against their peers or we don't care about female sport.

I think we will see three forms of rugby, mens, womens and other. Or we just have one form and the best get on.

The other issue is what is transgender in terms of sport as there is alot of ambiguity
1. Identify as the opposite gender to birth but have taken no other actions
2. Taking hormones
3. Undergone surgery.

If a woman was to take testostone because they feel like a man for two years and then go back to being a woman should they be allowed to start straight back into womens sport on the day they choose to go back.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon on Wed 29 Jul 2020, 9:11 am

Men shouldn't play women's rugby, it's really simple.
And you can't change your sex, you are one or the other from birth to death as determined by your bioolgy.

Reality doesn't care about your feelings.

But on the otherhand, watching men put on a wig and dominate the womens game is entertainment in it's own way. It will destroy women's sport, but maybe new women's sporting bodies will be setup that don't conform to the science denying ideology of the radical intersectional left. And we will be better off for it.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD on Wed 29 Jul 2020, 4:15 pm

Exiledinborders wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
It would be the first international sports federation to prohibit transgender women from competing.[/i]

Actually it wouldn’t. They will as they always have been able to play along with others of the same sex (as opposed to gender).

You are wrong.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger on Wed 29 Jul 2020, 4:24 pm

the-goon wrote:Men shouldn't play women's rugby, it's really simple.
And you can't change your sex, you are one or the other from birth to death as determined by your bioolgy.

https://isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex/

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger on Wed 29 Jul 2020, 4:24 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Exiledinborders wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:

You are wrong.

Are there currently rules prohibiting Trans-gender women playing against men?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon on Thu 30 Jul 2020, 4:55 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
the-goon wrote:Men shouldn't play women's rugby, it's really simple.

https://isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex/

Intersex is a general term used for a variety of conditions....

It's the first line, intersex conditions are medical conditions caused by genetic defects. The process of creating a human is messy and complicated, and sometimes nature gets it wrong. Still only 2 genders/sexes.

Doesnt mean these ppl are less worthy, so don't strawman me here.

But this transgender stuff isn't about these ppl, it's about ppl who are healthy men/women FEELING like they are the opposite gender or something made up, and the rest of society have change to accomodate their delusion.

But as I said, I don't really care. This won't affect the men's game, and I don't care about woman's sport. Watching 6"4 men smashing women aside will be quite funny though.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders on Tue 04 Aug 2020, 4:16 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Exiledinborders wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:

You are wrong.
Why?

A transgender woman (i.e. genetically male)
could play men’s ruby as they always could. A transgender man (i.e. genetically female)
could play women’s ruby as they always could.

Whether they wish to is a different matter.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum