The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

+7
Be_the_ball
GPB
I'm never wrong
beninho
super_realist
Plunky
McLaren
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:39 pm

I used to listen to The Cut, Fried Egg golf and the McKeller golf podcasts. But the cut from the bbc has been cancelled and I feel like there is room for more golf podcasts in my life.

I sometimes listened to golf unfiltered podcast but not every week.


Anyway, just add recommendations below and I will check them out
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Plunky Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Really?? Mr. P and I love listening to the cut. Has it definitely been cancelled ? Any reason why ?

Plunky

Posts : 496
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 63
Location : Cape Cod

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Plunky

Yes, apparently the bbc cancelled it because it wasn't listened to by the under 25's.

Andrew Cotter is starting a new podcast with Eddie Pepperell.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Plunky Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks -- we'll look out for that one. I though Andrew cotter and the bbc bloke made a good team but Andrew was the one who carried it for the most part. I liked the fact that they talked about all the tours, not just PGA and ET. It's because of them that we always wanted Bronson Burgoon and Nate Lashley to do well. I don't think I know any under 25's that have the attention span to listen to a podcast, they're all into tweeting/ instagram etc.

Plunky

Posts : 496
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 63
Location : Cape Cod

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Plunky wrote:Thanks -- we'll look out for that one.  I though Andrew cotter and the bbc bloke made a good team but Andrew was the one who carried it for the most part.  I liked the fact that they talked about all the tours,  not just PGA and ET.  It's because of them that we always wanted Bronson Burgoon and Nate Lashley to do well.  I don't think I know any under 25's that have the attention span to listen to a podcast, they're all into tweeting/ instagram etc.  

Of course under 25's wouldnt listen. They're too busy deplatforming people and being woke.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by beninho Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:56 pm

I only listen to No laying up. I enjoy it.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by I'm never wrong Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Plunky - I can only find it Here and they describe it as a pilot episode.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Mygolfspy is occasionally worth a listen.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Plunky Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:34 pm

Thanks -- I enjoyed that. There's something about Andrew Cotter's voice that I find very appealing !

Plunky

Posts : 496
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 63
Location : Cape Cod

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by GPB Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Can you share some links

Several American Podcasts

No Laying Up (weekly recap of tournaments, plus some interviews)

https://player.fm/series/no-laying-up-golf-podcast

Perfect Number (Mostly a NERD podcast, discusses fantasy golf)

http://perfectnumberpodcast.libsyn.com/

Shotgun Start: Unsanitized golf takes, often silly, (3 days/wk)

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cDovL3Nob3RndW5zdGFydC5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw&ved=0CAAQ4aUDahcKEwjYhdbn6JXoAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ&hl=en

Golf Historians Podcast: Golf History

https://talkingolf.fireside.fm/episodes





GPB

Posts : 7283
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Be_the_ball Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:28 pm

Hope everyone's keeping well.  Very Happy  OK

Good interview with Lee on this weeks Mckeller podcast with Lawrence and Huggy.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/54S8Eq1zG336DrG8T9a4Lm?si=83DbPHTSQICvyNAHO8y4og

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1329
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:51 pm

be the ball

Did you listen to Harrington on McKeller last week? It was less an interview and more a lecture from Paddy. Pretty interesting though.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Be_the_ball Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:48 am

Yeah Mac, I got a good laugh out of it, very refreshing and open conversation, Lee too. Hilarious both still have the hump about amateur committee decision making Laugh

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1329
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Be_the_ball Fri May 15, 2020 7:55 pm

McKellar podcast, very good this week, Rory. last week very good also Pete Cowan, great coach.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1329
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by I'm never wrong Fri May 15, 2020 8:38 pm

Not really related to golf, but has anyone else seen those videos by Andrew Cotter about his dogs? Made me smile.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Plunky Fri May 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Loved them, although the third wasn't as funny as the first two. Also enjoyed some of the comments that were posted on utube along the lines of " you're really good, have you thought about sports presenting as a career ? ". But the dogs were the real stars.

Plunky

Posts : 496
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 63
Location : Cape Cod

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Be_the_ball Fri May 15, 2020 9:42 pm

Rory made some remarks about Trump. He gave an hour and a half interview, spoke about Trump for about 2 minutes and that's the story. I hope he doesn't get roasted for it.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1329
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by kwinigolfer Fri May 15, 2020 9:54 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:Rory made some remarks about Trump. He gave an hour and a half interview, spoke about Trump for about 2 minutes and that's the story. I hope he doesn't get roasted for it.


He just said what every normal person should be thinking/saying, so hope others stand up and support Rors if anyone has a go.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 26475
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Be_the_ball Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:Rory made some remarks about Trump. He gave an hour and a half interview, spoke about Trump for about 2 minutes and that's the story. I hope he doesn't get roasted for it.


He just said what every normal person should be thinking/saying, so hope others stand up and support Rors if anyone has a go.

True Kwini, we'll see...

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1329
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Fri May 15, 2020 10:23 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:Rory made some remarks about Trump. He gave an hour and a half interview, spoke about Trump for about 2 minutes and that's the story. I hope he doesn't get roasted for it.


He just said what every normal person should be thinking/saying, so hope others stand up and support Rors if anyone has a go.

And the thing is in the last few years Rory has become one of the most interesting people in sport. In this podcast he was particularly insightful.

I think him playing with trump was inexcusable but he even managed to give as good a response as possible to that criticism.

It was interesting listening to how he is getting into course architecture as well. He raved about seminole.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by GPB Sun May 17, 2020 3:23 am

I can't understand why any player's politics would make a difference to anyone.


GPB

Posts : 7283
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by beninho Sun May 17, 2020 7:57 am

GPB wrote:I can't understand why any player's politics would make a difference to anyone.


Because its hard to root for someone if you hold polar opposite views. Its probably why players keep things to themselves.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Sun May 17, 2020 10:49 am

Jordan apparently said "republicans also wear sneakers".


Plus is it politics or just stating the obvious to point out Trump being a arse hole?


McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Sun May 17, 2020 3:11 pm

beninho wrote:
GPB wrote:I can't understand why any player's politics would make a difference to anyone.


Because its hard to root for someone if you hold polar opposite views. Its probably why players keep things to themselves.

Are you friends with people who hold opposing political views to you?

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by beninho Sun May 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Obviously. But I'm not friends with any high profile professional golfers.

Think, its pretty clear, we all make judgements on who we do or don't like by what they say or do based on our views of their views.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Sun May 17, 2020 4:51 pm

beninho wrote:Obviously. But I'm not friends with any high profile professional golfers.

Think, its pretty clear, we all make judgements on who we do or don't like by what they say or do based on our views of their views.

Indeed, i'd just prefer them to keep quiet, there's nothing worse than a musician or sportsperson trying to use their fame as a platform to espouse their views, especially as most of them are flat out embarrassing, cringeworthy and massively hypocritical.
Sportspeople aren't the worst offenders though, actors tend to be the worst.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Be_the_ball Sun May 17, 2020 7:23 pm

GPB wrote:I can't understand why any player's politics would make a difference to anyone.


True, well said. OK

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1329
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by kwinigolfer Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:
GPB wrote:I can't understand why any player's politics would make a difference to anyone.


True, well said. OK


Surely it's not a matter of politics with Drumpf, it's more a question of what he thinks is in his best interest, sod everyone else.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 26475
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:17 am

I listen to No Laying Up and David Feherty's podcast.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:52 am

No laying up is great. I recently listened to a very interesting interview with Peter Kostis speaking about why he and Gary McCord were let go from CBS. Its on spotify, or if you dont have spotify you can listen here:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/no-laying-up-podcast/e/67440356?autoplay=true
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Good interview with Stuart Appleby this week on No Laying Up.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am

incontinentia wrote:No laying up is great. I recently listened to a very interesting interview with Peter Kostis speaking about why he and Gary McCord were let go from CBS. Its on spotify, or if you dont have spotify you can listen here:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/no-laying-up-podcast/e/67440356?autoplay=true
Part 2 of the Kostis interview aired recently. Shame this is no longer a golf discussion forum as there are many interesting discussion points in both interviews.

https://podbay.fm/podcast/880837011/e/1594780380
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:45 am

Steve Williams is the subject of a new podcast called "Chasing Majors" by an Australian golf journalist. He'll be giving the skinny on what it was like to caddy for Woods for 12 years and all the anecdotes and tidbits that entails. I'm so excited about this!!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:28 am

Wow. Hopefully the crappy way Tiger has treated him means he might be willing to spill the beans.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:05 am

McLaren wrote:Wow. Hopefully the crappy way Tiger has treated him means he might be willing to spill the beans.
I dont think he'll give away anything too scandalous, its all very respectful so far.

Hughes Norton was on NLU recently talking about his time managing Woods and Norman, pretty interesting.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:35 pm

inco

Yeh I listened to the Norton podcast. He didn't hold back on his thoughts about Norman.



Would love to know what is up with Tiger totally cutting people out of his life. Many important figures in his history have just been discarded. Norton, Butch, Haney, his first Lawyer, first love, Stevie, and no doubt many more.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:57 pm

McLaren wrote:
Would love to know what is up with Tiger totally cutting people out of his life. Many important figures in his history have just been discarded. Norton, Butch, Haney, his first Lawyer, first love, Stevie, and no doubt many more.
I was wondering the very same thing. Its such a curious personality trait. Steve Williams was best man at Tiger's weddings ffs, and even he gets ghosted.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by dynamark Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:13 pm

Whats a pod cast is it something to do with fishing or peas ?
Very good read Winning the open the caddies story by Norman Dabell each chapter a different year.We had bbc ian carter as speaker at one of the LRGU dinners and he was quite good but very keen on promoting his book which took the edge off a bit

dynamark

Posts : 1996
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:21 pm

dynamark wrote:Whats a pod cast is it something to  do with fishing or peas ?
Very good read Winning the open the caddies story by Norman Dabell each chapter a different year.We had bbc ian carter as speaker at one of the LRGU dinners and he was quite good but very keen on promoting his book which took the edge off a bit
A podcast is a broadcast that was originally intended to be downloaded onto your i-pod.

Whats a read, something to do with putting?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by ralphjohn69 Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:32 pm

Podcast is basically a fancy name for recorded radio.

ralphjohn69

Posts : 248
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 43
Location : Uphall, West Lothian, Scotland

TM2K likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:05 pm

incontinentia wrote:
McLaren wrote:
Would love to know what is up with Tiger totally cutting people out of his life. Many important figures in his history have just been discarded. Norton, Butch, Haney, his first Lawyer, first love, Stevie, and no doubt many more.
I was wondering the very same thing. Its such a curious personality trait. Steve Williams was best man at Tiger's weddings ffs, and even he gets ghosted.

Botox Woods is like Mickelson, barely a brain cell in either of their heads.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:33 am

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
McLaren wrote:
Would love to know what is up with Tiger totally cutting people out of his life. Many important figures in his history have just been discarded. Norton, Butch, Haney, his first Lawyer, first love, Stevie, and no doubt many more.
I was wondering the very same thing. Its such a curious personality trait. Steve Williams was best man at Tiger's weddings ffs, and even he gets ghosted.

Botox Woods is like Mickelson, barely a brain cell in either of their heads.
You can't genuinely believe that? Woods always struck me as highly intelligent
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:39 am

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
McLaren wrote:
Would love to know what is up with Tiger totally cutting people out of his life. Many important figures in his history have just been discarded. Norton, Butch, Haney, his first Lawyer, first love, Stevie, and no doubt many more.
I was wondering the very same thing. Its such a curious personality trait. Steve Williams was best man at Tiger's weddings ffs, and even he gets ghosted.

Botox Woods is like Mickelson, barely a brain cell in either of their heads.
You can't genuinely believe that? Woods always struck me as highly intelligent

You have to be joking? He's an absolute man child like Prince Andrew.
You'd have to be monumentally stupid to think he could get away with all those affairs and for it not to come out and have you ever seen him interviewed?  He's too stupid to drive properly and hes too stupid to train in a way which doesnt prevent injury.
Hes totally incapable of any independent thought or spontaneity. Unless its a stage managed interview he's completely lost. Compare him to someone genuinely articulte and bright like Justin Rose, its night and day. To be fair though Woods is one among a sea of dreary and fairly stupid golfers.

He's also a massive narcissist. He really is like an adolescent in half a mans body.

There might be some intelligence in there, but its well hidden because hes never had to think for himself at any point in his life.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by dynamark Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:15 am

I have heard of podcasts of course but didnt really understand where the name came from.All I need now is an I phone !

dynamark

Posts : 1996
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:51 am

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
McLaren wrote:
Would love to know what is up with Tiger totally cutting people out of his life. Many important figures in his history have just been discarded. Norton, Butch, Haney, his first Lawyer, first love, Stevie, and no doubt many more.
I was wondering the very same thing. Its such a curious personality trait. Steve Williams was best man at Tiger's weddings ffs, and even he gets ghosted.

Botox Woods is like Mickelson, barely a brain cell in either of their heads.
You can't genuinely believe that? Woods always struck me as highly intelligent

You have to be joking? He's an absolute man child like Prince Andrew.
You'd have to be monumentally stupid to think he could get away with all those affairs and for it not to come out and have you ever seen him interviewed?  He's too stupid to drive properly and hes too stupid  to train in a way which doesnt prevent injury.
Hes totally incapable of any independent thought or spontaneity. Unless its a stage managed interview he's completely lost. Compare him to someone genuinely articulte and bright like Justin Rose, its night and day. To be fair though Woods is one among a sea of dreary and fairly stupid golfers.

He's also a massive narcissist. He really is like an adolescent in half a mans body.

There might be some intelligence in there, but its well hidden because hes never had to think for himself at any point in his life.
He was sex-addicted, his risky behaviour in regard to the affairs was driven by that addiction. Many intelligent people are alcoholics, its not much different. Many intelligent people smoke, which is a pretty stupid thing to do given the known effects.

Woods hates the media ever since he was hung out to dry in his early days as a pro, I think it speaks to his intelligence that he has learned the lesson never to give them any ammunition. He's responsible for many very funny comments, mostly in private but they have been reported by fellow pros and colleagues. Mickelson is far more deserving of criticism in this regard, recent evidence just adds to the list of dumb things he has done/said through the years.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:58 am

Many funny comments? Like what? Ive scarecely heard a more humourless, sullen, miserable and wooden "personality" than Woods.

As for sex addiction, now that is funny.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by McLaren Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:28 am

Super

It is well reported that Tiger was very bright as a child and performed well academically in college. I agree that his behavior has been self destructive but that is rarely an intelligence issue. As inco points out there are other players you could level being an idiot at.

Also surprised you picked Rose as an example of an intelligent player. I have always thought he seemed a bit simple.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by incontinentia Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:29 am

super_realist wrote:Many funny comments? Like what? Ive scarecely heard a more humourless, sullen, miserable and wooden "personality" than Woods.

As for sex addiction, now that is funny.
Once when Woods had been told that Tom Kite designed the greens at a certain course, T was heard to quip "Was that before or after he got his eyes fixed?"

You may have heard the Ryder Cup story where Woods and Zach Johnson were sharing a room. Woods, knowing Johnson was a devout Christian and family man, naughtily played a pornographic film on the TV as Zach was unpacking his suitcase. Woods acted deadpan, and Zach pretended not to notice as he unpacked over the loud moans and groans. A magnificent prank, perfectly executed.

This is just a small sample of Woods' comedic prowess.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by super_realist Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:31 am

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:Many funny comments? Like what? Ive scarecely heard a more humourless, sullen, miserable and wooden "personality" than Woods.

As for sex addiction, now that is funny.
Once when Woods had been told that Tom Kite designed the greens at a certain course, T was heard to quip "Was that before or after he got his eyes fixed?"

You may have heard the Ryder Cup story where Woods and Zach Johnson were sharing a room. Woods, knowing Johnson was a devout Christian and family man, naughtily played a pornographic film on the TV as Zach was unpacking his suitcase. Woods acted deadpan, and Zach pretended not to notice as he unpacked over the loud moans and groans. A magnificent prank, perfectly executed.

This is just a small sample of Woods' comedic prowess.
American comedy is a low bar

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Plunky Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:49 pm

…and on the subject of golf podcasts, we enjoy “the thing about golf”.  Each podcast (usually about 45 mins or so) is an interview with someone who’s involved in golf, not necessarily a top player. John Huggan and an Australian whose name I’ve forgotten do the interviews ( one or the other). There’s a ton to choose from — off the top of my head we listened to Laura Davies, Adam Scott’s dad, Renton laidlaw, Robby macintyre, Marc leishman, Carrie Webb. Well worth a try.

Plunky

Posts : 496
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 63
Location : Cape Cod

Back to top Go down

What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to? Empty Re: What Golf Podcasts do you Listen to?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum