The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: The Players: Notes from the Ballwasher

+16
TM2K
Plunky
BlueCoverman
ralphjohn69
navyblueshorts
JAS
robopz
pedro
I'm never wrong
Davie
GPB
Shotrock
McLaren
super_realist
beninho
kwinigolfer
20 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

PGA Tour: The Players: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 20 Empty PGA Tour: The Players: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 12 Mar - 5:17

First topic message reminder :

1).Well done to Tyrrell Hatton, great win at Bay Hill which continued the run of non-American winners - Day, Leishman, McIlroy, Molinari, Hatton.
This was also an Open Championship qualifier and Keith Mitchell (for the second year running), Danny Lee and Dahmen get to battle the traffic at Royal St.George's in July.

2).For the second week running, the course set-up seemed to make scoring unnecessarily tricky given the prevailing weather conditions. A war of attrition, but not necessarily the most attractive golf for the TV viewer to enjoy.
Hopefully the set-up at TPC Sawgrass will enable the world's best to play their shots.

3).Scott Piercy made news for all the wrong reasons last week and now Tour Commish Monahan has expressed disappointment "in the lack of judgment used" and "that it has been addressed with Scott directly". Good thing Monahan didn't say "he knows better" because Piercy clearly doesn't. But his sponsors do, thankfully, tho' any Tour punishment will be kept unpublished - unless he starts missing tournaments, from which we might draw our own conclusions.
Personally, I'd like to have seen his "invitation" to Bay Hill revoked, but no such disapproval reported from the API.

4).Interesting graph from princedrac's twitter account this week showing the top ten owgr points-getters at The Players:
Four Americans: Woods, DLIII, Furyk, Couples
Three Aussies: Elk, Scott, Shark
Nick Price
Sergio & Langer
A good week, of which there haven't been many recently, will see Garcia can jump from 2nd to 1st, ahead of Tiger.

5).That's reflective of an international honours board with eight of the last twelve winners being "overseas" players.
And first-timers at TPC have a tough time too - after Jerry Pate won on the course's debut in 1982, only Hal Sutton and Craig Perks have won trophy on their first trip. Leading "rookie" last year was Eddie Pepperell who stormed home in 3rd place - but he's busy trying to figure out how you get dq'd three times in less than 2 years.

6).This week looks like the exact halfway point of the pre-Play-Off PGA Tour season, the 23rd event out of a total of 46. About 50 pros have already won enough FedEx Points to assure them a tee-time at the Northern Trust, Round 1 of the FedEx Cup Play-Offs.
Not many are Europeans: McIlroy, Hatton, Rahm, Hovland.

7).And only Fleetwood among other Europeans is comfortably placed, for now.
Those who have struggled this season so far, but are exempt at least through next year, include McDowell (79th), Casey (93rd), Lowry (140th), Molinari (168th), Donald (assuming he takes another earnings exemption - 172nd), Garcia (179th), Willett (181st), Stenson (197th), Wallace (202nd), Rose (205th),
While this lot, all not yet exempt for 2020/21 have it all to do: Straka (82nd), Norlander (84th), Knox (90th), Fitzpatrick (100th), Noren (107th), Rafa C-B (120th), Poulter (128th), Cappelen (130th), Laird (158th), Ventura (175th), Power (201st), Bjerregard (224th), Lewis (227th), plus 3 or 4 others on more tenuous status.

8).But one or two American "faces" are also struggling, with these three less than half-way to a Play-Off goal about 400 pts:
110th: Spieth
111th: D.Johnson
213th: Koepka

9).The Florida "Swing" has a musical chairs of dates next year, starting with Bay Hill, then The Players, followed by "Honda". No word yet on how Valspar fits in, but hopefully retains its fourth slot in Florida.

10).Finally, the Top 64 in the owgr's after The Players will qualify for the WGC-MatchPlay in Austin in a fortnight's time.

Any Valspar Notes will be added here next week.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Players: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 20 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Players: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by pedro Wed 24 Jun - 9:55

McLaren wrote:
GPB wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Murmurings of a second positive test on tour

Confirmed.

Cam Champ.

Who deserved it more than him?
Sergio?

pedro

McLaren likes this post

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Players: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 20 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Players: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by pedro Wed 24 Jun - 10:06

McLaren wrote:
GPB wrote:

Confirmed.

Cam Champ.

Tbh I think Bubba is quite deserving the way he wastes his “prayers”.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/bubba-watson-some-playing-partners-can-be-two-shot-penalty

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Wed 24 Jun - 11:18

pedro wrote:I can give Sergio the benefit of the doubt. Plus English is his second language. Doesn’t help much being married to a Texan in this respect. (Sorry robo)
It's OK... I'm tri-lingual myself... English, Spanish & Texian...  Very Happy

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 24 Jun - 11:37

Hey - You could interpret peabrain's actions in the bunkers in so many ways. Or his deliberate damaging of the greens. Or his "fried chicken" comment. That stuff is trivial ... Rolling Eyes

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 24 Jun - 19:55

incontinentia wrote:

Navy, can you really watch footage of Sergio's behaviour and call it trivial? And that video doesnt even contain his deliberate destruction of the greens at last years saudi arabia open.
Not really. I mean I can't really say that his behaviour is trivial. He's clearly got an issue - maybe he should take a break? It's a shame as I've always like him as a golfer.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 24 Jun - 19:57

pedro wrote:
McLaren wrote:
GPB wrote:

Confirmed.

Cam Champ.

Sergio?
Rolling Eyes
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 24 Jun - 20:05

Shotrock wrote:Hey - You could interpret peabrain's actions in the bunkers in so many ways. Or his deliberate damaging of the greens. Or his "fried chicken" comment. That stuff is trivial ... Rolling Eyes
I have to ask. How does it feel to be at one with Super_Realist with the unnecessary and childish desire to use an insulting nickname by default, when a simple surname would do? How about we refer to all those golfers we have a personal distaste for by using a dumb, insulting nickname? I'm sure we all have our personal dislikes. What great threads these would be then.

To be clear, too many of Garcia's actions warrant being called out as stupid. Personally, I wonder if he's got some personal issues, but that wouldn't necessarily excuse it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 24 Jun - 21:07

Navy/inco

That video doesn't even include throwing his club at his caddie at last years open.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 25 Jun - 0:26

G-Macs caddie Ken Comboy tests positive back home in Florida... Which means GMAC chose to WD despite a negative test on Monday..

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/06/23/graeme-mcdowell-withdraws-from-travelers-after-caddie-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 25 Jun - 0:29

Navy... Agree on the childish derogatory nicknames...

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 25 Jun - 2:03

Koepka's caddie tests positive for Covid - and he has withdrawn from the Travellers
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 25 Jun - 2:47

McLaren wrote:Navy/inco

That video doesn't even include throwing his club at his caddie at last years open.
I don't care, Mac. I know where you stand and how you think everything is black or white. Let's leave it now, shall we?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 25 Jun - 4:00

Now Koepka's caddie, Ricky Elliot has tested CV19+. Koepka has WDed.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Thu 25 Jun - 17:05

If New York State still has the quarantine it has just imposed in place in September, a number of players will have to find somewhere else to stay after the Tour Championship rather than going to their Florida homes if they want to play in the US Open...if it is still at Winged Foot, that is.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 26 Jun - 7:48

If things don't change in New York, USGA will probably move the US Open.

Most likely Oakmont, but I would rather see Pinehurst.

Its prime Hurricane Season in the Atlantic in September. which could impact any event on the East Coast.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 26 Jun - 8:29

GPB wrote:If things don't change in New York, USGA will probably move the US Open.

Most likely Oakmont, but I would rather see Pinehurst.

Its prime Hurricane Season in the Atlantic in September. which could impact any event on the East Coast.

I'm betting NY would issue a waiver for the US Open. Especially if all the players are pretested.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 27 Jun - 3:06

And a third player is CV19+.

Denny McCarthy has WDed after shooting 67 yesterday

https://twitter.com/RyanLavnerGC/status/1276539756453789697

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 27 Jun - 19:53

Is kwini gone for good?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sun 28 Jun - 8:16

I'm guessing he maybe.

Sad ... his knowledge was/is incredible.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 28 Jun - 9:00

Kwini, if you're watching...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 28 Jun - 9:04

Some round there by DJ, lowest of his career Yikes
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 28 Jun - 10:25

incontinentia wrote:Kwini, if you're watching...

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 28 Jun - 10:27

In all seriousness, I really hope to see kwini back here soon. I know I have been missing him a lot.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 28 Jun - 17:18

incontinentia wrote:Some round there by DJ, lowest of his career Yikes
He knows his three times table anyway....

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 28 Jun - 22:03

McLaren wrote:In all seriousness, I really hope to see kwini back here soon. I know I have been missing him a lot.

Where's he gone? Can't blame him if he fancied a break.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 28 Jun - 23:48

kwinigolfer wrote:
GPB wrote:hmm, no Thanks GPB for the link to the media guide.

And FWIW, Like Lowry, Herman and Champ have won on the PGATour within the last year.

At least they didn't do the USGA thing and pair Lowry with Colt Knost and Kevin Stadler.

Got a tip for you Kwini.  Soak those Knickers in Soapy water.  They will be easier to unknot.
Forwhatever it's worth, you never make a post without me concluding that you must be a total cucking funt.

Goodbye

I think this is the post whereby Kwini left this board.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 29 Jun - 0:20

I'm never wrong wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:
GPB wrote:hmm, no Thanks GPB for the link to the media guide.

And FWIW, Like Lowry, Herman and Champ have won on the PGATour within the last year.

At least they didn't do the USGA thing and pair Lowry with Colt Knost and Kevin Stadler.

Got a tip for you Kwini.  Soak those Knickers in Soapy water.  They will be easier to unknot.
Forwhatever it's worth, you never make a post without me concluding that you must be a total cucking funt.

Goodbye

I think this is the post whereby Kwini left this board.

To be fair, I do find GPB rather odious in a flag waving USA USA USA braggard type of way.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 29 Jun - 4:21

I wish Kwini was back here and posting. I like him. If it helps, I'm sorry my comments offended him. I have been offended by pejorative comments here (like the previous post) by I just consider the source and their personality.

But IMO, his repeated complaints about Lowry not getting into a featured group was just finding something to whine about. Like it or not, Shane Lowry is not as popular in the USA as he is in Europe. And the Tour is going to put popular players in featured groups. And Lowry does not help himself by showing IMO a modicum of contempt for the PGATour by playing the absolute minimum requirements and doing very little, if anything, to promote the Tour.

FWIW, It is perfectly unobjectionable for Lowry to do what he is doing. Its within the rules and bylaws. But why should the Tour go out of their way to promote him. A certain amount of Quid Pro Quo.

Lowry is not getting Dew Sweeper or late afternoon Tee times. He is in the Top Tier of tee times, and getting paired with other players in the Top Tier. He just happens to be on the other side of the draw.

Who knows, maybe Shane doesn't want the limelight. Not all players do. There are a lot of distractions when you are in the featured groups.

PGATour Golf was "Back on the Tee" and complaints who was not in the featured group was just finding something to whine about.

So Kwini, if you are reading this. Come back. I'm sorry I offended you with my knickers comment.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 29 Jun - 4:36

Re; Flag Waving and the USA.

Apparently you haven't been reading all my posts. (Maybe you were reading the messenger, rather than the message)

There is a lot of USA Golf that I do not like.

I can't stand the USGA. I think they are bunch of elitist snobs they make decisions IMO, that are not in the best interest of game.

Lots of American Players that I do not like. Tiger Woods, Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Webb Simpson, Kevin Na, JB Holmes.

It just that I find many criticisms about these players (and others) posted here as superficial. They sound like the stereo-typical "Mean Girl at the Mall". Juvenile and Sophomoric.

"Hot " Take Comments like

Nine Chins
Spindly Legs
Fatprick

There are plenty of more legitimate complaints that you can make about players other than their appearance. Obviously these players are not the perfect human specimens that 606v.2 bloggers are.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 29 Jun - 5:04

Is it worth a mod reaching out to kwini? It really would be sad if we lost him.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 29 Jun - 5:27

I thought Kwini had thicker skin than that. Maybe something else

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Mon 29 Jun - 7:33

Well, it is a board of opinions. And the number of times someone's opinion changed mine? About zero. And I suspect that's as frequently as my opinion has changed someone else's.

That said, some opinions are backed by data. To that, I tip my hat to GPB, Robo and Kwin. Generally, their posts are data rich.

And the Shane Lowry snubbing? Sorry, I don't see it.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 29 Jun - 8:38

Davie wrote:I thought Kwini had thicker skin than that. Maybe something else

Whatever it was it maybe wouldn't hurt for a mod to reach out and let him know we are worried about his absence.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 29 Jun - 16:49

McLaren wrote:Is it worth a mod reaching out to kwini? It really would be sad if we lost him.

For goodness sake Mac, we are not babies. If he wants to take a break for a while then let him.
It's just an Internet forum, he's not being bullied or having his "mental health" unduly ruined by a few comments.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 30 Jun - 0:20

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Is it worth a mod reaching out to kwini? It really would be sad if we lost him.

For goodness sake Mac, we are not babies. If he wants to take a break for a while then let him.
It's just an Internet forum, he's not being bullied or having his "mental health" unduly ruined by a few comments.

Seems like no time at all since you had your wee sabbatical, I hope with Kwini it’s much the same, just taking a wee break from it. There’s a good mix of different people on this forum but Kwini not being here however would leave a huge hole. As well as being very knowledgeable, he can debate in a balanced way as well. Looking at everybody that posts I’d say, for me, he’s the most respected poster on the boards.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 30 Jun - 0:32

Good win for Dustin Johnson last night, despite not really playing that well in the final round.
An unfortunate meltdown from Brendon Todd helped, especially around the green at 12...where he played it like I would. Streelman played ok, just didn't get enough putts to drop. DeChambeau feels close to winning, but is really struggling to take advantage of this distance off the tee with his approach shots.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 30 Jun - 3:49

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Good win for Dustin Johnson last night, despite not really playing that well in the final round.
An unfortunate meltdown from Brendon Todd helped, especially around the green at 12...where he played it like I would. Streelman played ok, just didn't get enough putts to drop. DeChambeau feels close to winning, but is really struggling to take advantage of this distance off the tee with his approach shots.

Do you reckon De Chambeau's bulking will affect his longevity in the game? Tiger's extreme workout regimen certainly didn't help his body. Seems like a Mickelson approach may be better in this regard.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 30 Jun - 3:55

incontinentia wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Good win for Dustin Johnson last night, despite not really playing that well in the final round.

Do you reckon De Chambeau's bulking will affect his longevity in the game? Tiger's extreme workout regimen certainly didn't help his body. Seems like a Mickelson approach may be better in this regard.

I think Botox Woods problem was that his workouts were done with little understanding of how it would affect him as conditioning in golf was practically unheard of at the time.

Clearly he made errors in the type of and intensity of exercises resulting in a ruined back and he also looks like he did no work on his puny legs so he had all that power going through two tooth picks. Not surprising he had problems.

I would imagine Duschambeau might have done a bit more research given his fondness for science, although it does look like he has simply been on the chocolate biscuit diet. I think it's his brain which holds Duschambeau back.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 30 Jun - 4:26

Super

Stop with your nonsense about Tigers legs. His legs are ripped.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 30 Jun - 4:28

McLaren wrote:Super

Stop with your nonsense about Tigers legs. His legs are ripped.

Laugh Laugh Sure Mac, Even Mcilroy took the pi$$ out of him for his scrawny pins.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 30 Jun - 5:16

His calves have always been very small

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=70049
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20