The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Dolphin Ziggler
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
seanmichaels
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Galted
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Apr 2020, 7:21 am

First topic message reminder :

This site has stopped rendering properly on my laptop, odd.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Jul 2020, 9:44 am

Tird.

Having to interview two University aged girls for traineeships this morning via video calls. Will keep the screen firmly fixed on my upper half so I don't have to hide my erection.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:02 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm not going to get my fist in because you bunch of c*nts will just let me michaels the entire day.

An angry fist, don't think we've had that since Shah was radicalising us first thing in the morning.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:06 am

I find Tino's lack of faith disturbing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:52 am

Sorry, I'm back. I was being video interviewed by a Scotsman who was trying to hide his erection.

The backyard work is progressing nicely thanks, PJ. We are extending Mrs Windows workshop (no euphemism) so we can really corner the market in Home Counties dress making. Gotta think big, champ.

They are not here today though so no chance of me getting a bumming from my topless friend.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jul 2020, 11:33 am

Do you have any comment to make on Super's accusation that Brokeback Mountain led to your old man knocking one out?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jul 2020, 2:04 pm

Galted wrote:Do you have any comment to make on Super's accusation that Brokeback Mountain led to your old man knocking one out?

I was going to put l*l out loud in response but I think I gave him a l*l a few days back so didn't want to inflate his already out of control ego.

Dad isn't normally the sort to hide his opinions. He once called my brother a fat c*nt (accurate, to be fair) in front of his wife and some friends. So I like to think if he was going for a jostle, he would have announced it as he got up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jul 2020, 2:54 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Do you have any comment to make on Super's accusation that Brokeback Mountain led to your old man knocking one out?

I was going to put l*l out loud in response but I think I gave him a l*l a few days back so didn't want to inflate his already out of control ego.

Dad isn't normally the sort to hide his opinions. He once called my brother a fat c*nt (accurate, to be fair) in front of his wife and some friends. So I like to think if he was going for a jostle, he would have announced it as he got up.

L*l out loud, few things are funnier than someone on the wrong side of 50 not being arsed to hide their opinions.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jul 2020, 2:55 pm

Galted wrote:

L*l out loud, few things are funnier than someone on the wrong side of 50 not being arsed to hide their opinions.

You c*nt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jul 2020, 3:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

You c*nt.

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Jul 2020, 3:47 pm

Galted wrote:

That's much more preferable than people on the wrong side of 50 developing a love for conspiracy theories. My father-in-law revealed himself to be a "moon-truther" recently. I went ballistic to the point that Mrs Superfly said that it's maybe best that I don't go along on the next visit to the in-laws. I also told him that he was starting to look like Mr Pastry and he didn't take that as well as I'd hoped.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jul 2020, 4:19 pm

The shadows are all wrong.
And his moustache was clearly glued on!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Jul 2020, 4:22 pm

L*l out loud.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jul 2020, 4:31 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:The shadows are all wrong.

Agreed. Cliff Richards is a complete c*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jul 2020, 4:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:The shadows are all wrong.

Agreed. Cliff Richards is a complete c*nt.

Which reminds me, I'm absolutely Hank Marvin.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 29 Jul 2020, 5:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

That's much more preferable than people on the wrong side of 50 developing a love for conspiracy theories.  My father-in-law revealed himself to be a "moon-truther" recently.  I went ballistic to the point that Mrs Superfly said that it's maybe best that I don't go along on the next visit to the in-laws.  I also told him that he was starting to look like Mr Pastry and he didn't take that as well as I'd hoped.  

You guys know your Mr Pastry then? Impressive.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:04 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

That's much more preferable than people on the wrong side of 50 developing a love for conspiracy theories.  My father-in-law revealed himself to be a "moon-truther" recently.  I went ballistic to the point that Mrs Superfly said that it's maybe best that I don't go along on the next visit to the in-laws.  I also told him that he was starting to look like Mr Pastry and he didn't take that as well as I'd hoped.  

We're real renaissance men around these parts. Experts on everything from Mr Pastry to the Miss Marple films starring Margaret Rutherford.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:13 am

superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

We're real renaissance men around these parts.  Experts on everything from Mr Pastry to the Miss Marple films starring Margaret Rutherford.  

This thread is more of a gold mine than I realised. Those films also featuring Margaret Rutherford's husband - haven't cheated and used the interweb , Stringer Davis, that right?

I did cheat earlier though and looked up Richard Hearne on imdb. It was news to me that he was lined up to replace Jon Pertwee as Doctor Who but lost the gig when he insisted on playing the part in Mr Pastry style.

Till the morrow. Should be a batting day.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jul 2020, 7:56 am

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

We're real renaissance men around these parts.  Experts on everything from Mr Pastry to the Miss Marple films starring Margaret Rutherford.  

This thread is more of a gold mine than I realised. Those films also featuring Margaret Rutherford's husband - haven't cheated and used the interweb , Stringer Davis, that right?

I did cheat earlier though and looked up Richard Hearne on imdb. It was news to me that he was lined up to replace Jon Pertwee as Doctor Who but lost the gig when he insisted on playing the part in Mr Pastry style.

I've watched Barton Fink several times.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 8:40 am

Galted wrote:

I've watched Silence of the Lambs more than several times. But haven't watched Barton Fink yet.

Is rICk dead by the way? He has died a few times recently.

I'm going away for a week tomorrow so hopefully he returns and one dead northerner can be replaced with another and this place will carry on as it was.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:23 am

Galted wrote:

I've watched Silence of the Lambs more than several times. But haven't watched Barton Fink yet.

I'm going away for a week tomorrow so hopefully he returns and one dead northerner can be replaced with another and this place will carry on as it was.

I think he works down the quarry several days a week and is unavailable for fisting and not being recently deceased famous people.

I've also watched Silence of the Lambs a few times as it's a film I quite like.  In fact, it was involved in an amazing revelation I had last night.  Have recently been rewatching The Wire and made the connection between Barney in Silence of the Lambs and Burrell in The Wire which is hugely fascinating for people who've seen The Wire and SOTL but haven't yet made that connection.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:27 am

Galted wrote:

I haven't seen Barton Fink. Would probably like it but am in two minds about Coen Brothers' films. Fargo was 100 not out before lunch but The Ladykillers was a gross act of vandalism that needs more forgiveness than I have in me.

Assuming it doesn't break house rules in asking - where you off to, Tino? Mrs Bat currently perusing the interweb for some mini getaway. Anyway, have a good one.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:29 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I think he works down the quarry several days a week and is unavailable for fisting and not being recently deceased famous people.

I've also watched Silence of the Lambs a few times as it's a film I quite like.  In fact, it was involved in an amazing revelation I had last night.  Have recently been rewatching The Wire and made the connection between Barney in Silence of the Lambs and Burrell in The Wire which is hugely fascinating for people who've seen The Wire and SOTL but haven't yet made that connection.

I haven't seen The Wire but found that relatively interesting anyway.

Some more people should join in today, Galted. They are missing out on some fantastic stuff. It is rare to find 2 raconteurs of such quality on one thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:33 am

guildfordbat wrote:

Assuming it doesn't break house rules in asking - where you off to, Tino? Mrs Bat currently perusing the interweb for some mini getaway. Anyway, have a good one.

Just heading off to the Peak District for a week, GB. Lovely part of the world.

We were supposed to be going to Canada at Easter to see the in-laws but this pesky virus put paid to that so need to get away somewhere and stop staring at the same walls.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:51 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I haven't seen The Wire but found that relatively interesting anyway.

Some more people should join in today, Galted. They are missing out on some fantastic stuff. It is rare to find 2 raconteurs of such quality on one thread.

This is probably one of the finest conversations currently being conducted over the internet.

I was meant to be in Houston to see the in-laws over two weeks around Independence Day but the virus put paid to that.

Guildford's brief summary of the Coens was very accurate. Barton Fink would certainly take its place at the table alongside Fargo.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:57 am

I was meant to be in Minneapolis for a seminar in late May but the unrest there put paid to that.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:59 am

Galted wrote:

I was meant to be in Houston to see the in-laws over two weeks around Independence Day but the virus put paid to that.

Did you have a problem?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:01 am

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

It was Stringer Davis.  I've an unhealthy love for Murder She Said which for keen Miss Marple lovers not only has Rutherford on top form, but also features Joan Hickson (who of course would later play Miss Marple herself) as a cleaning lady.

I'm also off on holiday from tomorrow for a week.  I caught wind that Tina would be moving north and have taken the precaution of retreating further into Scotland, lest we should break club rules and meet in person.

Last edited by superflyweight on Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:01 am

Pal Joey wrote:I was meant to be in Minneapolis for a seminar in late May but the unrest there put paid to that.

PJ, in a non-stalker fashion, may I ask what you do for a living?

In my mind, all Aussies are either builders, bar-men, surfers or footie players. And they all wear vests with DM boots.

Yet you seem a different breed of Aussie to my vaguely racist and clearly lazy stereotype.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:11 am

Pal Joey wrote:I was meant to be in Minneapolis for a seminar in late May but the unrest there put paid to that.

In my mind, all Aussies are either builders, bar-men, surfers or footie players. And they all wear vests with DM boots.

Yet you seem a different breed of Aussie to my vaguely racist and clearly lazy stereotype.

SLW

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:12 am

Nice stereotyping, Tino!  Laugh  clap
You do need to think beyond that particular box. Although I do work with builders, drink occasionally, can surf and did play footy.

I'm an Architect... the seminar was (going to be) on "Safe Neighbourhoods: and the Role of Social Media in the Digital Age."

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:15 am

superflyweight wrote:

SLW

l*l out loud. The ghost of Coxy lives on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:18 am

Time for a water break.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:22 am

Galted wrote:

Did you have a problem?

Very good. We have an able replacement for when we've decided on a home for Julius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:24 am

guildfordbat wrote:Time for a water break.

Good prep for tomorrow, Guildford.... keep those fluids up. It's going to be mid 30s I see on the weather app. Is it quite warm now?

Cool here this evening but it will be even cooler tomorrow night. 4 degrees C... which is about as cold as it gets here on the plains.
A pleasant 20 during the day however. 21 on Saturday. I can almost feel spring... just around the corner.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:30 am

Pal Joey wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Time for a water break.

Good prep for tomorrow, Guildford.... keep those fluids up. It's going to be mid 30s I see on the weather app. Is it quite warm now?

Cool here this evening but it will be even cooler tomorrow night. 4 degrees C... which is about as cold as it gets here on the plains.
A pleasant 20 during the day however. 21 on Saturday. I can almost feel spring... just around the corner.

Definitely getting that way here , Joey. Making sure I'm at the non-striker's end now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:34 am

Pal Joey wrote:

You do need to think beyond that particular box. Although I do work with builders, drink occasionally, can surf and did play footy.

I'm an Architect... the seminar was (going to be) on "Safe Neighbourhoods: and the Role of Social Media in the Digital Age."

Nice. A proper job!

We've got it all covered on here. Architects, lawyers, film makers, small business owners dress makers assistants and Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:37 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Nice. A proper job!

We've got it all covered on here. Architects, lawyers, film makers, small business owners dress makers assistants and Galted.

You sound like Galtova.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:20 am

Morning, all, flying visit from me as in meetings all day, good times.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:36 am

In other news, if we can't Tino a fist, the lazy f**k, he may be able to get a thread split, which is up (relatively) soon.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:40 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:In other news, if we can't Tino a fist, the lazy f**k, he may be able to get a thread split, which is up (relatively) soon.

Glad you're not letting death get in the way of work, RIcK.

I remember the days of people battling to get the thread split and then Jeff, when he got his shiny blue badge, just used to delete posts until he found one he liked.

I miss Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:41 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:In other news, if we can't Tino a fist, the lazy f**k, he may be able to get a thread split, which is up (relatively) soon.

I remember the days of people battling to get the thread split and then Jeff, when he got his shiny blue badge, just used to delete posts until he found one he liked.

I miss Jeff.

If you are on tw*tter you can't miss him.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:42 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Don’t let him fool you, Tino, they’re all tradies who love Bunnings. Except my girlfriend’s uncle, who is also an architect from Sydney...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:46 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Except my girlfriend

You were doing so well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:47 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:

I miss Jeff.

If you are on tw*tter you can't miss him.

I don't miss the tw*atter Jeff. I miss the CC Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:49 am

You were doing so well.

She goes to a different country, you wouldn’t know her

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

You were doing so well.

When are you coming back, Dolph? It's been how long now... 6 months or so? Must be very tough on you. Keep positive, mate.

We were doing so well with the virus for a while but during the last month it seems to have spun out of control. Feels like we're teetering on the edge here with a few emerging hot spots but Melbourne is definitely in a worse state... excusing the pun. It won't take much for it to get much worse here I feel.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:17 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

You were doing so well.

When are you coming back, Dolph? It's been how long now... 6 months or so? Must be very tough on you. Keep positive, mate.

We were doing so well with the virus for a while but during the last month it seems to have spun out of control. Feels like we're teetering on the edge here with a few emerging hot spots but Melbourne is definitely in a worse state... excusing the pun. It won't take much for it to get much worse here I feel.

I left end of Feb and currently have no idea still on when I’ll return. It’s very odd, but modern technology eases things (I don’t mean that in quite such a Michaels way.)

NSW seems reasonably fine, although that missus I mentioned says Campbelltown isn’t doing great because people don’t care.

And if you ever bump into a John Gamble (I think) in your Sydney architecture circles, don’t tell him about this place. He’d lose respect for both of us and I’m already on thin ice on account of being thick.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:19 pm

I'm not John Gamble, if that helps.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:23 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not John Gamble, if that helps.

I should be so lucky.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:24 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not John Gamble, if that helps.

I should be so lucky.

I'd wager that.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next