The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying

+5
guildfordbat
Samo
JuliusHMarx
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
9 posters

Go down

What is the hobby you find most annoying? (Pick Two and make the sentence plural in your mind)

The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap4%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap4%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap3%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap6%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap1%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap6%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap3%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 4 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap16%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 11 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap7%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_lcap1%The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 67

Poll closed

The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Empty The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue May 12, 2020 4:13 pm

We're into the home stretch now, and the rounds are obviously getting weirder. It is no coincidence that the culture is lessening as a new participant enters the field, one of the most revered veterans of CC history. That's right, he's back: Tina is here!

For this round, I asked you to submit the hobby you find most annoying. Vote for the two you agree with most.

Some of the picks over the next few rounds, with the reasons attached, are superb. Top notch CC'ing, really returning the competition to its early glories. See if you can guess who picked what. 

A really cultural round leaves Luke as the main beneficiary, his pick of The Raven taking eight points, Risca close behind with seven points for Dylan Thomas' classic. It leaves the standings as follows:
Dolphin Ziggler 22
Guildford 16
King Carlos 16
Beer 15
Risca 15
Luke 15
JDizzle 15
Crimey 12
Dagless 8
Samo 8
Well 7
PJ 7
Jimbo 7
Tiger 7
Jules 7
Galted 6
Superfly 6
Soul 6
Alfie 5
Tina *NEW ENTRY*

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Empty Re: The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying

Post by Galted Tue May 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Went for cycling and golf.

Wouldn't mind cycling so much if it involved people with sniper rifles on rooftops.

The golfing entry was magnificent, very Tinoesque. I particularly enjoyed the inability to resist mentioning an obscure species of invertebrate. I shall be quite furious if it was a clever bit of trickery by Julius to snaffle my vote.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying Empty Re: The Covid 19 Culture Cup - Round Six - The hobby you find most annoying

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 12, 2020 7:22 pm

I don't need your vote Galted. I spit on your vote. 7-6!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Went for making TikToks, because I've heard of them but can't be @rsed to find out what they are, and wine-tasting, which just edged out boasting about craft beer in the "I'm a kn0b" stakes.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 12, 2020 8:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I don't need your vote Galted. I spit on your vote. 7-6!

Now that I've sussed out where you're going with your first serve the second set should be a doddle.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue May 12, 2020 8:22 pm

Do tattoos count as a hobby?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue May 12, 2020 10:09 pm

Samo wrote:Do tattoos count as a hobby?

Hi Samo - somewhat declaring my hand but yes, I thought so. Some people seem to collect them nowadays the way that others collected stamps and train numbers when I were a lad.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 12, 2020 10:52 pm

I only collect other people's tattoos.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed May 13, 2020 7:58 am

You'd be the first serial killer to have the butler do it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 13, 2020 9:32 am

I voted for the sourdough entry. That was a thing of beauty. Anyone that ends a sentence with 'Mouth Feel' deserves a vote. I make them correct as well, you may as well eat plasticine.

I also voted for Cosplay but misread the entry and thought it said Coldplay.

I have no idea what Cosplay is but too late now. Whoever picked that can thank me later.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed May 13, 2020 10:08 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I voted for the sourdough entry. That was a thing of beauty. Anyone that ends a sentence with 'Mouth Feel' deserves a vote. I make them correct as well, you may as well eat plasticine.

I have no idea what Cosplay is but too late now. Whoever picked that can thank me later.

I was put off by the phrase "textural eater". Filth.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 13, 2020 10:12 am

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I voted for the sourdough entry. That was a thing of beauty. Anyone that ends a sentence with 'Mouth Feel' deserves a vote. I make them correct as well, you may as well eat plasticine.

I was put off by the phrase "textural eater".  Filth.  

Yes, utter filth. And very arousing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed May 13, 2020 11:35 am

Sourdough/bread making - its good if you do it right, becomes a religion if you do it all the time (and its a completely different thing from shop bought bread - you can't go back.)

There is a tendency with home made bread that people think they'll go all wholemeal because they think it is somehow more healthy and then end up baking bricks.

I'll now get off my high horse and leave you lot to it.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed May 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Jesus wept. What to choose?

Many up there do actually beat some of my suggestions. I think I'm rapidly becoming a grumpy old man!

Sourdough bakers - Tossers!
Swingers - Heathens!
Tattoos - Belong on aging naval officers only!
Craft Beers - Marketeers Lemmings!
Knitting - Meh, no issue here. Only seen old ladies doing it.
Wine tasting - Pompous ersewipes!
Strava - Boasting wanks!
Tiktokkers - Immature Imbecilic fools!
Gym - Vain pisspots
Skiing - Upperclass wannbees!
Wife Feng Shui (sp?) - buy her a Wii
Social media influencers - Scourge on society
Cyclists - Spandex wearing clowns!
Golfers - Need to find a more engaging wife!
Lego - Grow up!

Baking though. Who put that as annoying? Weirdo! I bet you 10 of Jimbo's finest pounds (sterling, not weightage) that everyone here would gladly consume any form of homemade confectionary!!!

off to lie down now. My anger levels have peaked just reading about some the "Hobbies" than mankind get up to these days!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 13, 2020 1:58 pm

tigertattie wrote:

Strava - Boasting wanks!
Gym - Vain pisspots

I am using both of these in regular conversation from now on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed May 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Most of my wanks are for boasting

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed May 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Most of my wanks are for boasting

Are the others just performed because of a grim sense of duty?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed May 13, 2020 3:57 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Most of my wanks are for boasting

Are the others just performed because of a grim sense of duty?

I’ve really gotten into prison art. Browns and off-whites.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down