The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Davie
Shotrock
incontinentia
JuliusHMarx
westisbest
super_realist
superflyweight
navyblueshorts
I'm never wrong
JAS
dynamark
pedro
Soul Requiem
beninho
McLaren
19 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Navy

And what super has also missed is that the statues and TV shows are not really the main focus of the protests. They are easy news bites to bring up but the meat of the protesters argument is about equality for black people.

I also don't think super is correct that just because you support BLM you don't also worry about atrocities committed in other spheres of life. It is just that currently the focus is on racism towards black people.

As much as he hates America, Super would really fit into their libertarian ways.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:05 pm

McLaren wrote:Ana de Armas is also in the new blade runner, another movie I thought was pretty good.

The visuals in that film are stunning and certainly added to the original.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by incontinentia Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 pm

Brazil's Bolsonaro has the covid now. Feels like poetic justice when folk like him and Boris fall victim to their own hubris. Douche bags.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:50 am

McLaren wrote:Ana de Armas is also in the new blade runner, another movie I thought was pretty good.

Possibly the most boring film I've ever watched 30 minutes of and given up.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:05 am

super_realist wrote:

What do you enjoy?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:21 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

What do you enjoy?

I like the original Blade Runner but the second one (what I saw) was way too slow.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:09 am

Had an hour in the local last evening.If you had sat down and written out a list of all the likely punters every single one was in there all the local characters/drinkers and it was really very pleasant everyone very respectful and chatting away . Booking only though and about one third capacity

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:48 am

I still think it was a big mistake to open the pubs for the first time on a Saturday. I went late afternoon for a beer and my usually quiet local was full of strangers who obviously couldn't get in their usual watering hole of choice. Felt quite uncomfortable as these (younger) strangers got very drunk and disregarded all the guidelines. Since Saturday it has kind of returned to normal (or as normal as things can be these days) - quiet, respectful and actually very enjoyable

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Davie wrote:I still think it was a big mistake to open the pubs for the first time on a Saturday. I went late afternoon for a beer and my usually quiet local was full of strangers who obviously couldn't get in their usual watering hole of choice. Felt quite uncomfortable as these (younger) strangers got very drunk and disregarded all the guidelines. Since Saturday it has kind of returned to normal (or as normal as things can be these days) - quiet, respectful and actually very enjoyable

I don't think the opening day would have made much difference, if you open on a Tuesday you may have a few quiet days to start with but then the Friday and Saturday are going to be ridiculously busy. There's a phased opening across two weeks where I am with different pubs opening up on different days.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:27 pm

I for one will be delighted if we stick to this more continental style in the pubs and bars not great for the trade but I don't mind paying a little more for really good service .Why did we ever need to open ridiculous long hours(Tony Blair?)
Had a haircut earlier today so see how much weight ive lost!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:11 pm

Paddy Harrington on Tv this morning with his huge dog called Wilson.He could have got a Staffordshire terrier and then he could have named it Wilson Staff -ill get my coat .

dynamark

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:17 pm

dynamark wrote:Paddy Harrington on Tv this morning with  his huge dog called Wilson.He could have got a Staffordshire terrier and then he could have named it Wilson Staff -ill get my coat .

Has the trend of Staffie dogs passed yet? They're almost always associated with truly scummy people i. e the sort of person who drives a Corsa and wears a grey trackie.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm

super_realist wrote:
dynamark wrote:Paddy Harrington on Tv this morning with  his huge dog called Wilson.He could have got a Staffordshire terrier and then he could have named it Wilson Staff -ill get my coat .

Has the trend of Staffie dogs passed yet? They're almost always associated with truly scummy people i. e the sort of person who drives a Corsa and wears a grey trackie.

I had a Staff.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I had a Staff.

Ugly dogs.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I had a Staff.

You must be scummy then soul Wink

Corsa drivers to.

Jesus wept Laugh

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Love that you agree with the grey trackie though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:03 pm

westisbest wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I had a Staff.

Corsa drivers to.

Jesus wept Laugh

I've always defined myself by the dogs i've had Westi.

I also drove a Corsa when I was younger too Yahoo

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:33 pm

super_realist wrote:

Do you have a top 5 favourite movies list?

Mine would probably be something like...

The Matrix
Gladiator
Apocalypto
LA Confidential
Dumb and Dumber
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Mmm.
Tricky question.
The Ipcress File
Back to the Future
The Great Escape
Where Eagles Dare
Guns of Navarone

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I had a Staff.

Corsa drivers to.

Jesus wept Laugh

I did my driving lessons in a corsa. Thought it was a decent car.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:00 pm

westisbest wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I had a Staff.

Corsa drivers to.

Jesus wept Laugh

I did my driving lessons in a corsa. Thought it was a decent car.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

I drive a Honda Type R now so wondering what Super thinks of that; i'm guessing he considers it the height of crass chav behaviour.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Yes, that's a pretty chavvy car.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 am

super_realist wrote:Yes, that's a pretty chavvy car.
I seem to remember you used to drive an M5 super? Pretty sweet motor that. Although if I won the lotto I'd love a GT-R (a car for fancy chavs).
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:30 am

incontinentia wrote:
I seem to remember you used to drive an M5 super? Pretty sweet motor that. Although if I won the lotto I'd love a GT-R (a car for fancy chavs).

What makes you think that? I've never had an M5, nor really ever wanted one.
I have had BMW's but not an M5.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:32 am

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

Oh I thought you posted some time ago that you had one, my mistake.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:37 am

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

That makes sense.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:39 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

That makes sense.

Functional cars for a golfer who does a lot of miles.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

That makes sense.
So I'm not the only one who's found BMW drivers to be the biggest c*nts on the road?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 am

incontinentia wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

That makes sense.
So I'm not the only one who's found BMW drivers to be the biggest c*nts on the road?

In my experience its the Vauxhall drivers that are the absolute worst.
Chavs in Corsa's
Chav's who have become parents in Astra's
Sales reps in Insignia's.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:55 am

incontinentia wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

That makes sense.

BMW, Audi and Merc drivers are the absolute worse, I noticed it more years ago when driving a Focus.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:11 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

That makes sense.

BMW, Audi and Merc drivers are the absolute worse, I noticed it more years ago when driving a Focus.

Oi...I've got an Audi A5, traded in my civic type-r (another one of Super's favourites :-p) a couple of years ago, don't know whether it was the car change or me just getting older but I'm a much more relaxed and patient driver these days.

What was all the Staff bashing earlier as well?, my daughter has 2, lovely dogs they are too although I wouldn't want to pick a fist fight with them!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:14 am

Jas, it wasn't so much the breed of Staffie that I was having a go at, but their aggressive looks do seem to be a particular favourite among the untermensch.
If you see one of the underclass with a dog, there's a high chance it will be a Staffie.

Huskies are also a favourite of that type of person too, which is a shame because they are usually the most idle people too and those dogs need miles of exercise. Not just 300 yards to the shop to get some cigs.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:20 am

super_realist wrote:Jas, it wasn't so much the breed of Staffie that I was having a go at, but their aggressive looks do seem to be a particular favourite among the untermensch.
If you see one of the underclass with a dog, there's a high chance it will be a Staffie.

To be fair they do unfortunately seem to be quite popular "dealer's" dogs. They also tend to be prioritised by dog fight organisers, stolen and put into fights so yes quite a variety of untermenchen

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:21 am

I'd love to have a dog but simply couldn't bring myself to pick up what comes out of the exit pipe. Repulsive.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:26 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

That makes sense.

Audi is high on my list too, but BMW drivers are a special breed of d!ckhead.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:40 am

JAS wrote:

Oi...I've got an Audi A5, traded in my civic type-r (another one of Super's favourites :-p) a couple of years ago, don't know whether it was the car change or me just getting older but I'm a much more relaxed and patient driver these days.

What was all the Staff bashing earlier as well?, my daughter has 2, lovely dogs they are too although I wouldn't want to pick a fist fight with them!!

You might just about get away with an A5; A3, A4 and TT drivers are fairly bad. I'm a lot more chilled out driving now than I used to, think it's an age thing.

I really want to know what Super thinks of Rottweilers?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:45 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

You might just about get away with an A5; A3, A4 and TT drivers are fairly bad. I'm a lot more chilled out driving now than I used to, think it's an age thing.

Horrible dogs. No idea why anyone wants to own something which looks like that. I know everyone is different, but I can't really appreciate what anyone sees in breeds like that.

I got bitten by a Staffie once when I was out running and I kicked the living daylights out of it. Vile dogs and usually even more vile owners.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:51 am

My Rotty is a big softy but it is fun to see people walk on the other side of the road to avoid him, he barks on cue so makes it even more fun.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:52 am

super_realist wrote:I'd love to have a dog but simply couldn't bring myself to pick up what comes out of the exit pipe. Repulsive.

Same stuff that comes out of your mouth though Wink

Joke.

Lot of work having a dog. That’s part of it.
I like dogs, more so than cats, don’t think I could ever have one.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:56 am

Soul Requiem wrote:My Rotty is a big softy but it is fun to see people walk on the other side of the road to avoid him, he barks on cue so makes it even more fun.

Good guard dogs.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

I got bitten by a Staffie once when I was out running and I kicked the living daylights out of it.
Not cool, you shouldnt kick dogs
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Why not? It bit me.
I'm glad that I did given that the owner didn't care. Pretty sure he did when he got back from his walk though......

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:36 pm

How bad was the bite?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:41 pm

super_realist wrote:Why not? It bit me.
I'm glad that I did given that the owner didn't care. Pretty sure he did when he got back from his walk though......
Ok to kick if in self defence but it sounds like you were exacting revenge.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:44 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:Why not? It bit me.
Ok to kick if in self defence but it sounds like you were exacting revenge.

To be fair I did only kick it once, but it was an almighty kick, thoroughly deserved.
My revenge was reserved for the owner.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:44 pm

westisbest wrote:How bad was the bite?

More, where the bite was. I'll leave that to your imagination.

(tap in joke for mac in there)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:09 pm

super_realist wrote:

In the bagpipes?! Owwchh laughing
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:19 pm

super_realist wrote:

So you've been left with a Harry Potter scar?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:12 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

I got bitten by a Staffie once when I was out running and I kicked the living daylights out of it.

Ay up here we go...Dog-gate II, :-p Anybody remember the original??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:12 pm

JAS wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

Ay up here we go...Dog-gate II, :-p Anybody remember the original??
No but I am familiar with it. Sometimes online banter can get out of hand. Speaking of which, kwini still hasn't returned, I wonder if he's gone for good.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:14 pm

Presume westi had a westie.Im my experience they are all big softies until they are hanging on to your ankle
then the owner says 'hes never done that before'.I thought at the start of lockdown dog owners felt like they were entitled to go out several times a day because they had a dog.
Cars it has to be a Peugeot 106 for chavs but the reason was insurance for those who even bothered .That and the corsa was the only motor they could get insured for.After a very diverse range I am now down in the dumps with a nice economic Fiesta.Very tempted to jump in with an old Boxster or similar just for a bit of fun.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next