The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle Falcons - Premiership 2021 - 2022

+14
BigGee
Welly
TightHEAD
No 7&1/2
tigertattie
mikey_dragon
RiscaGame
king_carlos
Hazel Sapling
lostinwales
formerly known as Sam
LondonTiger
Sgt_Pooly
GeordieFalcon
18 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Newcastle Falcons - Premiership 2021 - 2022 - Page 7 Empty Newcastle Falcons - Premiership 2021 - 2022

Post by GeordieFalcon Thu 23 Jul 2020, 3:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manager: Dean Richards
Head Coach: Dave Walder
Forwards Coach: Micky Ward
Defence Coach: Nick Easter
Attack Coach: Dave Walder
Lineout Coach: Scott Macleod
Skills Coach: Mark Laycock

Current Squad:
Forwards
Props:
TH - Logo Mulipola, Mark Tampin, Richard Palframan, Connor Kenny
Oscar Caudle  TH(Senior Academy & Tynedale)

LH - Adam Brocklebank, Trevor Davison, Kyle Cooper
Conrad Cade (Senior Academy), Phil Brantingham (Senior Academy), Mark Dormer (Senior Academy)

Hookers: George McGuigan, Jamie Blamire, Charlie Maddison, Robbie Smith
Ollie Fletcher (Senior Academy)

Second Rows: Sean Robinson, Marco Fuser, Greg Peterson, Will Montgomery, George Merrick, Matthew Dalton

Back Row:
6&7's: Mark Wilson, Will Welch, Gary Graham, Connor Collett, Carl Fearns, Rob Farrar, Josh Basham   
Freddie Lockwood (Senior Academy), Marcus Tiffen (Senior Academy), Guy Pepper (Senior Academy)

8: Philip van der Walt, Calum Chick, Tom Marshall

Backs
SH's: Louis Schreuder, Micky Young, Sam Stuart, Cameron Nordi Kelemeti,
James Blackett (Senior Academy)

Fh's: Joel Hodgson, Brett Connon, Will Haydon Wood
Louie Johnson (Senior Academy)[/i]

Centres:
12's: Luther Burrell, George Wacokecoke, Pete Lucock,  
13's: Matias Orlandi, Max Wright (On loan From Bath) 
Chidera Obonna (Senior Academy), Zach Kerr (Senior Academy), Ewan Greenlaw (Senior Academy)

Wing: Adam Radwan, Mateo Carreras, Ben Stevenson (and Centre), Nathan Earle, Ollie Lindsay Hague (Short term Contract)
Morgan Passman (Senior Academy), Matty Ward (Senior Academy),

FB's: Mike Brown, Tom Penny, Alex Tait,
Iwan Stephens (Senior Academy)

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Wed 29 Sep 2021, 1:49 pm; edited 47 times in total

GeordieFalcon

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - Premiership 2021 - 2022 - Page 7 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - Premiership 2021 - 2022

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 07 Oct 2021, 11:43 pm

I'm out that way....I'll have a word. Happy with that GF?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - Premiership 2021 - 2022 - Page 7 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - Premiership 2021 - 2022

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 08 Oct 2021, 8:08 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Well Let's hope the new Toon owners have a few spare millions and pop them up the road to KP....

Tigers tried that with the Thai owners of the football club. They didn't go for it, not enough promotion within rugby on the global scale I suspect. I'd wait to see what type of owners Newcastle Utd get, whether it's the Leicester City and Man City type that actually want to invest in the area and community or whether it's the Man Utd and Chelsea types who are interested in wealth development or having a show thing.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 08 Oct 2021, 8:20 am

Strong supporter of good owners, and happy when they put money in (within the rules Mr Wray) but that takeover of Newcastle is pretty disgusting. Not even going down the jokey Boro schtick, you shouldn't be able to be owners if your human rights are that bad.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 08 Oct 2021, 9:43 am

Was waiting for your input 7.5...do you deplore the other owners of the Premier league clubs?

Sam, they've said they'll be Investing In the city and area/ region. Sporting and non sporting.

Just a shame the parasite council we have here will try to take what they can aswell.

GeordieFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 08 Oct 2021, 10:00 am

The ones that kill and chop up journalists; yes. Don't get me wrong there are moral questions for anyone with billions in the bank but there are degrees of evil!

I can fully understand some fans love for it as well; I think that's the point of the investment. The so called 'sports washing' of dubious regimes. And it's a good plan, it will work for a lot.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 08 Oct 2021, 1:13 pm

So your happy with Russian mafia and others owning clubs then?

There's lots to be said about that journalist (and his proven links to Osama Bin Laden) and many other things in Saudi and the Middle East.
I'm not qualified to know the deep ins and outs and politics....over there...

Are we so morally right over here in the UK and the west!!? No way are we!!

Plus most people are missing the point.  The majority of Newcastle fans couldn't have cared less who was coming In.. the huge celebrations are for the fact Ashley has gone....an utter parasite himself. He certainly has no morals!

The fact that the new owner is incredibly wealthy is a bonus.

GeordieFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 08 Oct 2021, 1:28 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Sam, they've said they'll be Investing In the city and area/ region. Sporting and non sporting.

I'd wait to see what actually comes through, Leicester had some owners who promised much before the Thai family. Mind you if they have any class you won't hear most of it. When Vichai passed the extent of his charity work came out when everyone started telling their stories of knowing him. I mean there's obvious stuff from the club but when it turned out he'd given so much with no fanfare or PR it made us all love him a bit more. 

Newcastle as a sporting city is ripe for the right investor. Big fan base, do right by the people and they'll love you forever.

formerly known as Sam

GeordieFalcon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 08 Oct 2021, 2:19 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:So your happy with Russian mafia and others owning clubs then?

There's lots to be said about that journalist (and his proven links to Osama Bin Laden) and many other things in Saudi and the Middle East.

Plus most people are missing the point.  The majority of Newcastle fans couldn't have cared less who was coming In.. the huge celebrations are for the fact Ashley has gone....an utter parasite himself. He certainly has no morals!

Yeah I get that some possibly quite probably the majority of Newcastle fans will be pleased. And there will be a few who think it's dodgy. And I do expect a lot of money to be spent on the area by them, as that's the point of buying the club ie to make themselves look good.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 08 Oct 2021, 6:21 pm

Most countries have some kind of shady underbelly, UK included.

Saudi tends to get targeted from the West due the obvious religious differences, but honestly, they're not better and not much worse. You don't hear many complaining when we're selling arms to them, we have made billions and billions from trade deals with SA.

I find the minority moral outcries a bit bizarre tbh....I imagine most are either jealous or ill informed. I'm not a Toon fan but I wish them good luck, they have a great fan base.

Sgt_Pooly

GeordieFalcon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 08 Oct 2021, 6:58 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Most countries have some kind of shady underbelly, UK included.

Saudi tends to get targeted from the West due the obvious religious differences, but honestly, they're not better and not much worse. You don't hear many complaining when we're selling arms to them, we have made billions and billions from trade deals with SA.

I find the minority moral outcries a bit bizarre tbh....I imagine most are either jealous or ill informed. I'm not a Toon fan but I wish them good luck, they have a great fan base.

The Saudi government have a pretty poor reputation. As you say the UK government, particularly in recent years has taken a nose dive towards corruption. The media like to pretend to take the high line because of the freedoms that can be quickly be removed over in Saudi but as has been noted we sell them weapons and are practically a Banana Republic ourselves though as half the media are owned by Tory donors the so called free press is not quite so, the low life culture secretary has already threatened to pull shows from state funded television if they are anti-government. We are ridiculed by Europe and so really shouldn't be throwing too many stones quite frankly. Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him... (Joking for those easily offended)

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 08 Oct 2021, 7:25 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:So your happy with Russian mafia and others owning clubs then?

Yeah I get that some possibly quite probably the majority of Newcastle fans will be pleased. And there will be a few who think it's dodgy. And I do expect a lot of money to be spent on the area by them, as that's the point of buying the club ie to make themselves look good.

Well after years of shambolic management by the Morally Corrupt Ashley...I'm sure the fan's will thoroughly enjoy it....

GeordieFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 08 Oct 2021, 8:06 pm

They'll be fine if they don't get chummy with the most wanted man in the world 😉

GeordieFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieFalcon Thu 28 Oct 2021, 2:05 pm

Newcastle Falcons team to face Southern Knights (Melrose RFC, Friday 7.30pm) on our bye weekend

Lots of the kids getting a run out...

15 Alex Tait (captain),
14 Ollie Lindsay-Hague,
13 George Wacokecoke,
12 Max Wright,
11 Iwan Stephens,
10 Will Haydon-Wood,
9 Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti;

1 Logovi'i Mulipola,
2 Robbie Smith,
3 Mark Tampin,
4 Will Montgomery,
20 George Merrick,
6 Josh Basham,
7 Connor Collett,
8 Gary Graham.

Replacements: Charlie Smith, 16 Mark Dormer, 17 Kyle Cooper, 18 Phil Brantingham, 19 Freddie Lockwood, 5 Matthew Dalton, 21 James Blackett, 22 Louie Johnson, 23 Zach Kerr, 14 Chidera Obonna.

GeordieFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 28 Oct 2021, 3:14 pm

Is there any reason for Dalton being listed as 5 in the subs and Merrick starting as 20?

It might be a simple typo but I'm just asking as I've seen a couple Scottish club team sheets over the season do the same thing so was curious!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieFalcon Thu 28 Oct 2021, 3:20 pm

Dont think so KC, dont tend to take much notice of the nubmers in these games. More an opportunity to see how our youngsters get on. And theres quite a few in this game who i suspect being falcons and some internationals over the next few years +...

That Dalton is an Irish lad (22), from Ulster who went to the US for a season or 2. Hes a big unit. but very athletic. He's listed as a bacfk 5 forward but i suspect he'll predominantly be a lock or a 6. Be interested to see how he goes...and i think the Irish set up might be aswell....if Dean can work his magic...

GeordieFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum