The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020/21 Premier League Thread: VAR Check Complete - No Cough

+22
DP
wadey101
hampo17
Afro
wheelchair1991
Luke
Lowlandbrit
formerly known as Sam
x12x
compelling and rich
dummy_half
lfc91
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Atila
JDizzle
Beer
westisbest
daraghj82
Soul Requiem
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
26 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

2020/21 Premier League Thread: VAR Check Complete - No Cough - Page 10 Empty 2020/21 Premier League Thread: VAR Check Complete - No Cough

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 04 Aug 2020, 10:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

We have our 20 as Fulham take the playoff spot and we welcome back West Brom, Fulham and, most importantly to the nation (apparently) Leeds.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Thread: VAR Check Complete - No Cough - Page 10 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Thread: VAR Check Complete - No Cough

Post by GSC Tue 20 Apr 2021, 8:31 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:I'd dock all six teams points to ensure they miss out on European football next season. They have all brought the game into disrepute.

Ok but how do we punish arsenal
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Thread: VAR Check Complete - No Cough - Page 10 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Thread: VAR Check Complete - No Cough

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Apr 2021, 8:33 pm

Would be hilarious if Perez had to leave Madrid only a day after his embarrassing interview about 'saving football'.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 20 Apr 2021, 9:26 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:I'd dock all six teams points to ensure they miss out on European football next season. They have all brought the game into disrepute.
I don't think that will happen if they all back down without this going any further. After all, they wouldn't have actually done anything except make business related plans without following through on them, hardly a crime.

The disrepute angle is broad though, so I'm probably wrong.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 20 Apr 2021, 9:32 pm

I don't think there's any chance they're walking away clean
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 20 Apr 2021, 9:53 pm

GSC wrote:I don't think there's any chance they're walking away clean
We will see. There's a lot of rhetoric coming from the fans, but how much of it will stick?

Docking points could be a punishment, but it's not going to effect Arsenal or Spurs that much. Kicking teams out of Europe for a year basically means less interest in it when they're not there and the TV companies wouldn't like that.

Last edited by Atila on Tue 20 Apr 2021, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 20 Apr 2021, 9:55 pm

Some pundits acting as though City and Chelsea have done something marvellous by jumping off a sinking ship.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Apr 2021, 11:07 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56823501

Confirmed now that all six PL clubs have pulled out of the ESL.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 21 Apr 2021, 12:49 pm

GSC wrote:

On top of the points deduction, a one year ban from Europe if and when they next qualify.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 21 Apr 2021, 1:11 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
GSC wrote:

On top of the points deduction, a one year ban from Europe if and when they next qualify.

Or just rig it so that when they do qualify they have to play Bayern Munich every year.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Apr 2021, 5:39 pm

Looks to me like most of these teams are still going to win this, just UEFA are too.

Closed door Champions League has got a step closer, no one is being punished and they have given the fans a quick "win" so they feel they're still heard.

We should be pushing for more. Punishments should be big. Pat Nevin was on the radio talking about points deductions damaging the spirit of friendship as a group of clubs. As the Milan fans would say, they are PIGS (their statement well worth a read).

If they dont get punished, I hope clubs sue the Premier League.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 21 Apr 2021, 6:06 pm

As Big Sam has said, without continuing to follow through on this the same thing will arise time and again and with each passing attempt, chances of it succeeding will increase.

I'm not on the side of docking clubs points or banning them from competition; I think your truly only hurting those people,players, managers & most importantly fans, who have just pushed hard to ensure this doesn't go ahead.

Those who need to punished are solely the ones who snuck around behind closed doors and exchanged late night calls to try and force this through without consulting anyone it would have affected. Hefty, and I mean extremley hefty fines should be handed out to every owner/chairman/president who was on board in attempting to get this pushed through. It wouldn't be difficult to find some law/ruling in the foundations of the game which they brought into disrepute.

It would be difficult to get them out of the clubs; couldn't remove them by law and whilst protests would sit uncomfortably for some, most live a rather sheltered life and i'd imagine would barely even realise (I mean how many even turn up to games regularly).

The only way FA, UEFA, FIFA etc ensure this kind of thing is never attempted again is to make all football clubs hand over a percentage of voting rights to fans. Its a hugely successful model in Germany (lest we forget that Bayern & Dortmund steered well clear of this) and it would mean that even if owners decided they wanted to explore this avenue then fans would be partial to all plans, would be involved in all talks & can have a say....heck it may well be that those who love and follow the game properly even have some bright ideas as to how to create tournaments which excite whilst ensuring the longevity of football and fairness across all pyramids.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Apr 2021, 9:24 pm

I'm entirely against the "don't punish the clubs, it hurts the fans" nonsense. That just isn't how it works, and it lets these owners off.

Your club does something wrong, your club is punished. Do Sheffield United fans 'deserve' to be relegated? They're being punished for the actions of their players.

You do just fines, however big, and it doesnt work. Either they take it from club running operations or it's slapping the mega wealthy on the risk. You have to do something that sticks. Interesting the leniency we want to give these big teams. There were clubs and casual fans desperate for West Ham to be docked points for admitting to the crimes of a past owner.

The fans need to see it's serious as much as the owners do. And make it a scary proposition to do again. At least 10 points. At the end of the day, it doesn't punish the fans. The chairmen will be blamed for it all, and for any financial problems. Pat Nevin talked about a spirit of friendship, but being a little cuck b!tch isn't healthy friendship. They threatened the financial health of every club in this country during a pandemic, they should feel fire.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

GSC and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 21 Apr 2021, 9:30 pm

Wonder how bury fans feel about the concept of not punishing the club for the actions of the owner
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 21 Apr 2021, 9:40 pm

It's a nonsensical argument. The fans of the six clubs made a conscious choice to support and condone money grabbing.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:48 pm

When anyone goes through an experience like this, the important thing is that we all learn something and the main people involved come out of it with a real effort to not repeat the mistakes of the past.

Wonder how Sr. Perez is getting on with that?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:52 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm entirely against the "don't punish the clubs, it hurts the fans" nonsense. That just isn't how it works, and it lets these owners off.

Your club does something wrong, your club is punished. Do Sheffield United fans 'deserve' to be relegated? They're being punished for the actions of their players.

You do just fines, however big, and it doesnt work. Either they take it from club running operations or it's slapping the mega wealthy on the risk. You have to do something that sticks. Interesting the leniency we want to give these big teams. There were clubs and casual fans desperate for West Ham to be docked points for admitting to the crimes of a past owner.

The fans need to see it's serious as much as the owners do. And make it a scary proposition to do again. At least 10 points. At the end of the day, it doesn't punish the fans. The chairmen will be blamed for it all, and for any financial problems. Pat Nevin talked about a spirit of friendship, but being a little cuck b!tch isn't healthy friendship. They threatened the financial health of every club in this country during a pandemic, they should feel fire.

I wonder would you have held that opinion had West Ham been docked points for the Tevez/Javier saga and subsequently relegated?

Also the argument regards Sheff Utd isn't even in the same ball park....thats an issue of team performance.

Those who are saying 'punish the clubs'...had it been your club who signed up to this would you still be leading with that thought process? Especially if said club hovering outside the relegation places and the docked points put you into the Championship next year? I highly doubt it.

All you do by punishing the club is kick the ball down the road for later on; the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool etc...you really think the owners wont just sell up and move on...cash stuffed in their pockets on the way out while the clubs possibly suffer long after.

Whether its a points deduction, hefty personal fine or a ban from playing in Europe; lets be realistic the owners are essentially being let off in all those scenerios...at least if its a personal fine (i.e. courts can ensure that payment comes from the person not the clubs coffers) they will feel it a tad. But as I said in my intial post this absolutely needs to be done alongside wrestling control from those said people...you do that by starting to put in place legislation that moves ownership back towards the fans (similiar to the 50% + 1 German Rule) ...and that would stop not just this but would also give the fans of clubs like Bury a chance to effect who takes over part of the club and how the club is run.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Atila likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Apr 2021, 11:47 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm entirely against the "don't punish the clubs, it hurts the fans" nonsense. That just isn't how it works, and it lets these owners off.

I wonder would you have held that opinion had West Ham been docked points for the Tevez/Javier saga and subsequently relegated?

Also the argument regards Sheff Utd isn't even in the same ball park....thats an issue of team performance.

Those who are saying 'punish the clubs'...had it been your club who signed up to this would you still be leading with that thought process? Especially if said club hovering outside the relegation places and the docked points put you into the Championship next year? I highly doubt it.

All you do by punishing the club is kick the ball down the road for later on; the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool etc...you really think the owners wont just sell up and move on...cash stuffed in their pockets on the way out while the clubs possibly suffer long after.

Whether its a points deduction, hefty personal fine or a ban from playing in Europe; lets be realistic the owners are essentially being let off in all those scenerios...at least if its a personal fine (i.e. courts can ensure that payment comes from the person not the clubs coffers) they will feel it a tad. But as I said in my intial post this absolutely needs to be done alongside wrestling control from those said people...you do that by starting to put in place legislation that moves ownership back towards the fans (similiar to the 50% + 1 German Rule) ...and that would stop not just this but would also give the fans of clubs like Bury a chance to effect who takes over part of the club and how the club is run.

I don't see how threatening the finances of these clubs isn't an on the field issue.

FWIW, I never thought we should have been docked points, especially as we acted far better than these teams. Ours also wasn't part of a power game or a deceitful plan, we threatened nobody and we certainly bring the game into nearly this disrepute.

On the issue of do I think this because I'm not a fan of those clubs, I personally feel these fans should want that. But if you want to make it personal, how much worse is this than cancelling a game because of a spate of flu on top of existing injuries for a squad?

I don't know what you think happens if they fine the club because that's a punishment to the club. They won't - I'm not sure they legally could - direct fines specifically to owners. The owners broke the rules for City and their UEFA dispute, I don't think they were ordered to pay from pocket.

The legislation idea is lovely, but it's not something that can happen in any sort of short term. The points hurt in many ways and do damage beyond money, protect the integrity of the competition and also help them a hell of a lot in legal precedent. Equally, it punishes the clubs in a way that the other clubs - not just in the league, but primarily - see as material. Like fining Pogba £50k wouldn't do anything, neither does this. Players are suspended, punished for their actions in a way that affects club (not responsible), supporters (not responsible), this is how competition works.

I see no real reason not to punish them this way. If the owners sell...good? They'd lose revenue, but only if their performance had been below a standard to still secure them European football. And it punishes them in a way they care about, most importantly. No titles, lower league positions: you're hitting them in the ways they care about because reputation, standing and success are impacted. What punishment is that to the fans? They will still get to watch them play in the league, the cups, friendlies, on TV and at grounds. But they may have less success with transfers, lose European football or play in lesser competitions.

Welcoming them back with open arms encourages the same behaviour and sends the message to the Premier League, the Football League and beyond that the rich are the priority. What these clubs did was an attack on competition, but such favouritism isn't much better.

Sheffield Wednesday got 12 (down to 6) for irregular finances around the sale of their ground. Looks like it's gonna relegate them. Guess it's who you know and what you've got £££

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 22 Apr 2021, 8:12 am

They've tried two different schemes within the last year to carve themselves a bigger slice at the detriment of everyone else. Fining them doesn't act as a deterrent in any way, you think City's owners would even notice?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 22 Apr 2021, 9:14 am

GSC wrote:They've tried two different schemes within the last year to carve themselves a bigger slice at the detriment of everyone else. Fining them doesn't act as a deterrent in any way, you think City's owners would even notice?

Fully agree.

The tolerance of such shameful greed is disappointing and fines are pointless just like they are for racial abuse. This was an attempted coup by six teams trying to line their own inflated pockets. Why should fans outside of the six be forgotten, do they not matter?

If points deductions and bans have an adverse impact on the Champions League then so be it. Sporting success should be earned not bought.

Soul Requiem

GSC and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 22 Apr 2021, 9:25 am

Totally agree with Dolph/GSC/Soul on this - they have to be properly punished, it's also hilarious that some in the media are now speaking out saying "you're punishing the fans" with these punishments...when there was no such energy over the last decade and a half for numerous football league clubs who got docked points/went into administration/went bust at the behest of their owners being tw*ts.
You think it was fair for Bury fans that their crap owner sold the club to an asset stripper who ended an over 100 year history? Or Pompey/Notts County/Wigan fans that they were "sold" to people who barely existed and had no money, despite passing relevant tests from the authorities?

Unfortunately as we all well know, they'll be no punishment or major change. UEFA will give them a bigger slice of CL money, the PL will give them a slap on the wrist at most, and this will rear it's head in another format in 3/4 years when the owners fancy trying it again. Depressing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 22 Apr 2021, 1:38 pm

Apparently the comedy isn't over as Woodward tries to make out he resigned because he opposed the esl
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 22 Apr 2021, 2:43 pm

Football in this country, and abroad, is lined with examples of punishments that aren’t “fair” on fans. Realistically, every punishment is.

I feel more comfortable with points deductions, but maybe being suspended from European competition is best. It takes away what they want most but allows the league placings to be settled on competition terms.

But I don’t see how it becomes a useful punishment or a replicable one. It’s a harsher punishment for City than Arsenal, and it also doesn’t do anything to help the majority of clubs.

Points deductions are replicable, fair across each team and will have a material benefit. Leicester and West Ham would benefit from both, but at least with points deductions there is a chance that these clubs could perform well enough to cancel it out. It would also be tangible for every club in the league. 10 points would cost each offender millions in placement money and other clubs would earn more for likely finishing higher.

Granted, I think doing both would be fair. Or points and a fine, and those fines combined as a rescue package to lower league clubs. They need to suffer on the pitch too, finances aren’t enough.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 22 Apr 2021, 2:54 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:

My club if you can still call them that are involved and it's why i'm even more apoplectic with rage. I expected better from Manchester United, I expected better from Liverpool and Arsenal too in truth.

It would be truly horrendous for any of the three aforementioned clubs if they were sold wouldn't it? The money it would take to takeover any of them would ensure that they wouldn't be suffering long term, we're not talking breadline clubs here. City or Chelsea could possibly end up in trouble but is again highly unlikely.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 22 Apr 2021, 6:20 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Looks to me like most of these teams are still going to win this, just UEFA are too.

Closed door Champions League has got a step closer, no one is being punished and they have given the fans a quick "win" so they feel they're still heard.

We should be pushing for more.
The main reason this got blocked was UEFA/FIFA being angry about getting cut out of the deal, unfortunately it's hard to see where the leverage to push on is going to come from when they're not. They'll probably just end up docking the clubs ranking points or something as a punishment.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 22 Apr 2021, 6:29 pm

Here's the thing with the "deduct points, fine the club, ban them from Europe argument". The owners could quite happily sell these clubs tomorrow if that happens, have they been punished then? Or have they just gone, "well nice try, but it's not our issue".

I'm all for punishment, I think what they did is disgusting and I've already said on here I doubt I'll pay much attention to the premier league in great detail for the foreseeable, but if you're going to punish people for this then you punish the people involved, not the fans.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:08 pm

When has that principle ever applied to any punishment in football?

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:11 pm

It hasn't sadly, I don't agree with deducting points when clubs enter administration either. A club enters administration due to a owners poor management, he then gets removed and the club get deducted points. The fans are the ones who suffer long term in that deal, but the league don't care. Wigan is a perfect example, allow a sale to go through that never should have passed the fit and proper persons test, everyone can see it's dodgy, even Rick Parry admitted something had been missed by the panel, yet still deducted them points.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:12 pm

When clubs up and down the country get slapped with points deductions, or even kicked out of the FL due to having dodgy/unfit owners everyone accepts it.

When it's 6 of the bigger clubs decide to join a new league to serve their own financial interests suddenly it's unfair to levy punishments on the clubs.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:13 pm

GSC wrote:When clubs up and down the country get slapped with points deductions, or even kicked out of the FL due to having dodgy/unfit owners everyone accepts it.

When it's 6 of the bigger clubs decide to join a new league to serve their own financial interests suddenly it's unfair to levy punishments on the clubs.

Either you didn't read my points where I clearly say I'm against it dude, or chose to ignore it.

Points deductions do not, and never have, punished owners. Anybody who thinks they do has got their buried right up their arse.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:20 pm

hampo17 wrote:Here's the thing with the "deduct points, fine the club, ban them from Europe argument". The owners could quite happily sell these clubs tomorrow if that happens, have they been punished then? Or have they just gone, "well nice try, but it's not our issue".

I'm all for punishment, I think what they did is disgusting and I've already said on here I doubt I'll pay much attention to the premier league in great detail for the foreseeable, but if you're going to punish people for this then you punish the people involved, not the fans.

What about the fans of the other 86 clubs in the football league?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:20 pm

You did post it while I was typing mine Wink

The question then is what is an effective deterrent. Fines are completely meaningless, the PL has no authority to levy the kind of fines that are actually meaningful to the Glazers, to Kroenke, City's owners etc.

Ideally forcing them to give up their controlling stake in each club would work but I doubt the PL can enforce that either. So I would still fallback that points deductions are the only effective form of deterrent that is both enforceable and likely to act as any form of deterrent. If some clubs miss out on European football, all the better if it helps force sales
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:28 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
hampo17 wrote:Here's the thing with the "deduct points, fine the club, ban them from Europe argument". The owners could quite happily sell these clubs tomorrow if that happens, have they been punished then? Or have they just gone, "well nice try, but it's not our issue".

What about the fans of the other 86 clubs?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:29 pm

Atila wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

The fans of the six seem to matter oh so much but the fans of every other team are ignored. You know the teams that are routinely trampled on by those same six teams.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:34 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
Atila wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

The fans of the six seem to matter oh so much but the fans of every other team are ignored. You know the teams that are routinely trampled on by those same six teams.

I'll point you to where it says I am not interested in the Premier League, and will continue to support my local club as I have done for the last 27 years so aiming a big six jibe at me is pointless.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Apr 2021, 2:57 pm

[quote="hampo17"]Here's the thing with the "deduct points, fine the club, ban them from Europe argument". The owners could quite happily sell these clubs tomorrow if that happens, have they been punished then? Or have they just gone, "well nice try, but it's not our issue".

I'm all for punishment, I think what they did is disgusting and I've already said on here I doubt I'll pay much attention to the premier league in great detail for the foreseeable, but if you're going to punish people for this then you punish the people involved, not the fans./quote]

Sorry mate, this is ridiculous. That would be a perfect punishment. They don't have to sell, but might feel they want to. So a punishment pushes them to sell something they obviously want. And in that way, it also rewards the fans - not stuck with these owners who care so little about them.

It's such nonsense, I'm sorry. It's complete nonsense to say you dont "punish the fans." Every club that has ever been punished is punishing their fans. Administration gets a points deduction. Clubs get points deducted for going bankrupt, so that's a super help to fans who are seeing their club die. But 6 clubs make moves that would have undoubtedly forced more clubs to the wall and we "dont punish the fans."

We've had the Tevez fiasco trump card thrown at me. That was a case where the club was fined, which by the logic of a few on here means the fans were not punished. But a club with huge debt was forced to pay Sheffield United millions of pounds. We couldn't buy players, we accrued more and more interest on loans to pay, we jumped to a "cheap" ground. But at least it was just money (and remember that the people who broke the rules were long gone so didn't pay it) so the fans weren't punished.

And as for fans of those 6 clubs not deserving to be punished. There are 14 Premier League clubs who deal with the priority those clubs get, 72 football league clubs who are probably all worried about going to the wall whilst Liverpool sell a Coutinho for over £100m. Whilst rich clubs negotiate for legacy placings in the Champions League so that the ridiculous money they get from it cannot be taken just because they didnt qualify.

I think the rest of us think the top 6 can f*ck off a little bit with the "poor me, poor us, the fans are important" sh*t that hasn't mattered a jot whilst they became businesses that have football players.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

GSC and Soul Requiem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 23 Apr 2021, 3:02 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
I think the rest of us think the top 6 can f*ck off a little bit with the "poor me, poor us, the fans are important" sh*t that hasn't mattered a jot whilst they became businesses that have football players.  

In one
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Apr 2021, 5:45 pm

Sorry if that sounds a bit of an attack at you, Hampo, I've had a horror few days and these clubs have made me angry Very Happy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 24 Apr 2021, 9:54 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Sorry if that sounds a bit of an attack at you, Hampo, I've had a horror few days and these clubs have made me angry Very Happy

I have been left with PTSD and needing counselling as a result of this post. You shall be hearing from my solicitor. Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 24 Apr 2021, 9:17 pm

Can you ask him to sue the referees in this country whilst you chat?!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 01 May 2021, 7:23 am

Just saw that saints sending off. Crazy.
Clearly wins the ball. Caught him afterwards, but was going to as his leg was trailing.
Agree with Redknapp, that is poor now. You can’t even touch someone without them going down, anywhere on the pitch.
Don’t want to see career threatening tackles, but you blow on a footballer and they hit the deck. Not good to see.
I will include Jack and co in this, (sadly).

The game has really gone down hill.
And then there is VAR

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 01 May 2021, 7:34 am

On another note, hopefully the social media boycott makes a difference.

Do I think it will. Sadly not, maybe if/when action is taken.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 02 May 2021, 5:05 pm

It's effective but it's also kinda made me forget sporting events are actually happening.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 May 2021, 4:50 pm

‘All owners will have to sign up to the new rule "committing them to the core principles" of the league with breaches punished by "significant" sanctions.’

That’ll be their punishment. That’s it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 May 2021, 9:38 pm

Leicester 2-4 Toon

What a performance. ASM/Wilson/Willock have run riot tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 08 May 2021, 7:43 am

Great result for the Toon. Pleased for Bruce. He gets a bad wrap.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 May 2021, 8:02 pm

Manchester City have won a third Premier League title in four years after closest challengers Manchester United were beaten by Leicester City.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 14 May 2021, 7:57 am

At what point are the league going to take some element of action against Manchester United? After breaking in to the stadium last time and stopping the teams getting to the ground, they tried to do the same last night but messed up and fell for Liverpools decoy bus, however they stopped it and slashed it's tyres meaning that once again they would of stopped the team getting to the ground.

Protesting is fine, doing stupid stuff like this really isn't.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 14 May 2021, 9:29 am

I agree, when are they going to remove the Glazers
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 14 May 2021, 9:43 am

hampo17 wrote:At what point are the league going to take some element of action against Manchester United? After breaking in to the stadium last time and stopping the teams getting to the ground, they tried to do the same last night but messed up and fell for Liverpools decoy bus, however they stopped it and slashed it's tyres meaning that once again they would of stopped the team getting to the ground.

And?

This was bound to happen and the owners of all six teams are to blame rather than a few angry fans.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 14 May 2021, 9:47 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
hampo17 wrote:At what point are the league going to take some element of action against Manchester United? After breaking in to the stadium last time and stopping the teams getting to the ground, they tried to do the same last night but messed up and fell for Liverpools decoy bus, however they stopped it and slashed it's tyres meaning that once again they would of stopped the team getting to the ground.

And?

This was bound to happen and the owners of all six teams are to blame rather than a few angry fans.

Has this happened at Arsenal? Liverpool? Chelsea? Spurs? or Man City?

No.

This again, didn't happen at the Leicester game did it. Sorry mate, but when the club are so inept that they can't stop fans breaking in to the ground before a game, and clubs have to put decoy buses on just to get to the ground, this is a situation the fans need to be punished for. I felt the same way when Liverpools fan attacked Citys team bus, if fans can't be controlled then punish them.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next