The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+3
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
7 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

<lol>

or for Rick... Laugh
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51724
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down


Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 20 Aug 2020, 8:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Truly tird.
The lesser super seems permanently unhappy with life.

Read that as the lesser 'fly to start with. I wonder whatever became of him.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu 20 Aug 2020, 8:31 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:G'day Galted. Surely sicond.

The "empathy" bit above was a reference to some posts on the golf thread between the lesser super and Jules. Was going to mention that I studied Psychology, Art History and played clarinet at the Opera House (a long time ago) but I've still been able to go forward in life and "pay the bills".

How's it going? Saw some fog on the Thames on the news the other day. It looked like a steamy and somewhat balmy summer's morning there.

Haven't ventured outside yet, but the sun's reflecting off the flats opposite and I haven't bothered with a shirt yet so a decent day's in the offing.

Playing clarinet at the opera house is a particularly impressive and surprising string to your bow.  Were you part of the orchestra or did security have to move you along?

It was one of the first school concerts there and I was only about 10 years old. They also made a record of the whole performance which I have here.
Also sang in the choir... somewhere up the back hidden from view. At least I was an alto and not a soprano. Balls hadn't quite dropped yet.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51724
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2020, 8:42 am

Morning chums.

I have never played an instrument in an opera hall, never played a round of golf, never even completed my university course and never been bitten in the balls by a dog. But my buttocks are not sore and I'm currently wearing one of Galted's shirts so life is ok.

I also know a lot about arthropods.

Forth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu 20 Aug 2020, 8:48 am

Concert Hall, Tino.

I saw some tiny spiderlings outside today... not sure what they'll grow up to be. However, I reckon there's a 50% chance they will be redbacks.

The one I mentioned seeing in the corner of the garage a few months back hasn't been sighted since. Not sure if they just curl up and die or simply find a more protected place when the temperature drops over winter. Probably the latter, yeah?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51724
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 20 Aug 2020, 8:57 am

Morning all. Busy on here today. Just need Rick, Guildford and Dolphin for a modern day CC full house.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2020, 9:12 am

Pal Joey wrote:

The one I mentioned seeing in the corner of the garage a few months back hasn't been sighted since. Not sure if they just curl up and die or simply find a more protected place when the temperature drops over winter. Probably the latter, yeah?

I think most of them go into some sort of hibernation in the winter. They slow their metabolism down and wait for warmer days till they can come out and bite you through your sandals.

I heard something interesting the other day - Mexico and Brazil have more venomous snake species than you good folk in Oz have. You have more of the ultra venomous ones (including the top 3) by a mile but Meheco and Brazil have a bigger number.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 20 Aug 2020, 10:02 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Truly tird.
The lesser super seems permanently unhappy with life.

He's got the demeanour of a c*nty butler.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2020, 10:09 am

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Truly tird.
The lesser super seems permanently unhappy with life.

He's got the demeanour of a c*nty butler.  

He is a caricature of himself. He is just too perpetually angry to realise.

He reminds me a bit of Truss. I think we know that Truss/Super_Insecure are a little less wealthy, a little less successful and a little less extreme in real life but we tolerate it as it is their persona on here.

But well played with c*nty butler. I will be using that in future. I particularly liked your description of him a few weeks back as a slightly offended Victorian lady. Lovely stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 20 Aug 2020, 10:31 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Truly tird.
The lesser super seems permanently unhappy with life.

He's got the demeanour of a c*nty butler.  

He is a caricature of himself. He is just too perpetually angry to realise.

He reminds me a bit of Truss. I think we know that Truss/Super_Insecure are a little less wealthy, a little less successful and a little less extreme in real life but we tolerate it as it is their persona on here.

But well played with c*nty butler. I will be using that in future. I particularly liked your description of him a few weeks back as a slightly offended Victorian lady. Lovely stuff.

Truss does it with a lot more style and elan (which is saying something given the size of his thighs) and also a decent bit of humour at times.

I do miss some of the lunatics that used to be on here. Am fairly sure that Spring was an alias, but it was very funny. Also just remembered Jolly Green Giant or whatever his name was and the time he said he woudln't be posting for a while because he got sacked for accidently sleeping with his boss's wife.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2020, 10:49 am

superflyweight wrote:
I do miss some of the lunatics that used to be on here.  Am fairly sure that Spring was an alias, but it was very funny.  Also just remembered Jolly Green Giant or whatever his name was and the time he said he woudln't be posting for a while because he got sacked for accidently sleeping with his boss's wife.  

L*l out loud. I remember that as well. And one of the other boxing board posters who owned a plumbing company and had to sack someone he caught having a w*nk in the back of the van. L*l.

Ill Gia is a big miss. He was really amusing. I think he was on a sex tourism trip teaching English in China and used to get paranoid about them watching what he posted. He was a seriously funny guy.

The best alias was Manos being Winchester. Manos was hugely knowledgeable but quite possibly the most boring poster of all time. Then he turns up with Winchester and spammed the board with various wind ups. Great days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Thu 20 Aug 2020, 11:12 am

Morning folks - performing at THE Opera House, eh Joey, that's darned impressive. I first wondered if it was the name of a local bar or coffee shop - sincerest apologies.

guildfordbat

Posts : 14982
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 20 Aug 2020, 11:15 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
I do miss some of the lunatics that used to be on here.  Am fairly sure that Spring was an alias, but it was very funny.  Also just remembered Jolly Green Giant or whatever his name was and the time he said he woudln't be posting for a while because he got sacked for accidently sleeping with his boss's wife.  

L*l out loud. I remember that as well. And one of the other boxing board posters who owned a plumbing company and had to sack someone he caught having a w*nk in the back of the van. L*l.

Ill Gia is a big miss. He was really amusing. I think he was on a sex tourism trip teaching English in China and used to get paranoid about them watching what he posted. He was a seriously funny guy.

The best alias was Manos being Winchester. Manos was hugely knowledgeable but quite possibly the most boring poster of all time. Then he turns up with Winchester and spammed the board with various wind ups. Great days.

That was as weird as all hell. He came across like an accountant or actuary and was genuinely dull and then goes and has an insane alias. I suspect that they'll find a collection of little shoes and the skin of dead children when the neighbours start complaining about the smell coming from his flat.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 20 Aug 2020, 11:16 am

guildfordbat wrote:Morning folks - performing at THE Opera House, eh Joey, that's darned impressive. I first wondered if it was the name of a local bar or coffee shop - sincerest apologies.

It's what he calls his bedroom. Hey ladies, fancy playing the bassoon in the Opera House?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu 20 Aug 2020, 12:25 pm

superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Morning folks - performing at THE Opera House, eh Joey, that's darned impressive. I first wondered if it was the name of a local bar or coffee shop - sincerest apologies.

It's what he calls his bedroom.  Hey ladies, fancy playing the bassoon in the Opera House?  

Yes, it's a spectacular view from my bedroom. The Green Room leading up to it has a poor choice of carpet though. But that's showbiz!

Guildford, one the kids back then is now living in the UK and has played at a few of The Proms. He always lets everyone know about it too. He plays one of those big stringed instruments Kate Bush used to dance with. Not nearly as sexy though with his little bald patch and specs reflecting in the ceiling lights of the Royal Albert Hall.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51724
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 20 Aug 2020, 1:46 pm

I did a bit of internet stalking of one of the cellists in the London Philharmonic. I could never get over the fact that she's a Kiwi so it never developed into a full-blown restraining order type of stalking.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Thu 20 Aug 2020, 1:46 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Morning folks - performing at THE Opera House, eh Joey, that's darned impressive. I first wondered if it was the name of a local bar or coffee shop - sincerest apologies.

It's what he calls his bedroom.  Hey ladies, fancy playing the bassoon in the Opera House?  

Yes, it's a spectacular view from my bedroom. The Green Room leading up to it has a poor choice of carpet though. But that's showbiz!

Guildford, one the kids back then is now living in the UK and has played at a few of The Proms. He always lets everyone know about it too. He plays one of those big stringed instruments Kate Bush used to dance with. Not nearly as sexy though with his little bald patch and specs reflecting in the ceiling lights of the Royal Albert Hall.

Ahhh Kate Bush, eh Joey. I was at college when she first broke through. Now you and the guys here seem to like your quotes. I will never forget a student pal being utterly obsessed and memorably saying that to see her, he ''would wade through a sea of snot''.

guildfordbat

Posts : 14982
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2020, 2:16 pm

Galted wrote:I did a bit of internet stalking of one of the cellists in the London Philharmonic.  I could never get over the fact that she's a Kiwi so it never developed into a full-blown restraining order type of stalking.

I play cricket with a lad who went to school with Alison Balsom, the world famous trumpeter and current wife of Sam Mendes.

I don't know her myself but would certainly wade through a sea of snot to get to her. Smoking hot.

Top that, Gayted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Aug 2020, 3:03 pm

There will be a slight delay while we all google the 'world famous' Alison Balsom.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Aug 2020, 3:15 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Truly tird.
The lesser super seems permanently unhappy with life.

Read that as the lesser 'fly to start with.  I wonder whatever became of him.

Either this forum, or the pandemic, or life itself became to much for him. Sad.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2020, 3:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:There will be a slight delay while we all google the 'world famous' Alison Balsom.

When you mix in the classical music circles like me, Jules, she is world famous.

But don't let me stop you googling her. Google images would be my advice.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Aug 2020, 3:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:There will be a slight delay while we all google the 'world famous' Alison Balsom.

When you mix in the classical music circles like me, Jules, she is world famous.

I much prefer jazz.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 20 Aug 2020, 5:28 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:There will be a slight delay while we all google the 'world famous' Alison Balsom.

When you mix in the classical music circles like me, Jules, she is world famous.

But don't let me stop you googling her. Google images would be my advice.

She's not bad, but the trumpet is a gimicky instrument whereas the cello is an orchestral cornerstone.  I wonder whether playing a wind instrument affects the ability of a woman (or man) to perform a blowjob.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Aug 2020, 5:37 pm

Gymnasts can blow their own trumpet.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 20 Aug 2020, 5:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Gymnasts can blow their own trumpet.

There's no need to be vulgar, especially when Tino and I are having a typically delightful conversation about the orchestra.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Aug 2020, 5:56 pm

Apologies Galted. Did I say trumpet? I meant flute.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 20 Aug 2020, 6:00 pm

Good thing you apologised, there was a danger of the thread erupting into violins.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Aug 2020, 6:15 pm

Cellout, dude

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 20 Aug 2020, 6:45 pm

Stop harping on about instruments.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu 20 Aug 2020, 11:15 pm

This conversation is going round in triangles.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51724
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:27 am

Friday fist. Yay Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 3559488474

All this chat about orchestral instruments is the pits.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:31 am

Sicond. Breakfast at timpani's.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:33 am

Tird. You two could conduct yourselves with a bit more decorum this early.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:40 am

superflyweight wrote:Yay

 

Bender.

I'm bringing a stop to this instrument pun session. And that is accordion to the rules of the CC.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:09 am

You've just gong too far with your heavy-handed authoritarianism.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:11 am

Didn't realise it was a violation. Cor you anglais are sensitive about the rules!
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51724
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:16 am

We need to orchestrate some sort of response before we lose all our rights.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:39 am

We need some cymbal of authority round here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 21 Aug 2020, 10:10 am

Yeah, but might be time for you to pass on the baton.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 21 Aug 2020, 10:39 am

I agree with super, it might be time for Tino to bach off a bit.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Aug 2020, 10:55 am

I am (literally) bringing an end to this.

What are people up to this weekend? These are my predictions (only based on members here today)

Galted - striding purposely round Laaandon pushing a pram whilst garnering numerous admiring glances for his sturdy and practical footwear.
Superfly - ambling down Princes Street herding his children whilst Mrs Fly pops into Next for a bit of shopping. Superfly will be saying (in his head) "not a f*cking chance, love. Get yourself out of that shop and take the bairns home whilst I go for a pint of heavy". What he really says is "No dear, those trousers don't make you look fat. Let me carry the bags for you".
PJ - Excavating a hole in his garden whilst drinking from a can of Fosters and eating a barramundi burger. He will then fill the hole in for sh*ts and giggles. Possibly burying the neighbors dead dog in there.
Jules - Most likely spending it in his spectacular smoking jacket whist a young Filipino fans him with a banana leaf before painting his muse "like one of those French girls" that Leonardo DiCaprio is so good at painting.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 21 Aug 2020, 10:58 am

F*cking uncanny.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 21 Aug 2020, 11:06 am

Bonus points for reference to "a pint of Heavy". The classic pint for the Scottish drinking connoisseur.

What you up to Tina? Helping Mrs Windows with her dress-making or have you something less effeminate in mind?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 21 Aug 2020, 11:11 am

superflyweight wrote:Bonus points for reference to "a pint of Heavy".  The classic pint for the Scottish drinking connoisseur.

What you up to Tina?  Helping Mrs Windows with her dress-making or have you something less effeminate in mind?  

On the subject of "Heavy", my dad's mate who used to take a remarkably relaxed attitude to drink driving (he once said that it was only a recommendation) used to claim that if driving that he could either drink 3 pints of 80 shilling or 4 pints of 60 shilling because either way it added up to 240.


superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7635
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Aug 2020, 11:14 am

superflyweight wrote:

What you up to Tina?  Helping Mrs Windows with her dress-making or have you something less effeminate in mind?  

Playing cricket so equally as effeminate.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 21 Aug 2020, 1:22 pm

Weekend update: Galtova's off picking mushrooms with the other Russian gash (or so she claims) so I may be able to forego a walk with a bit of luck.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Aug 2020, 1:53 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We need some cymbal of authority round here.

I once got hit on the head with a cymbal. Had quite a severe percussion.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri 21 Aug 2020, 2:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We need some cymbal of authority round here.

I once got hit on the head with a cymbal. Had quite a severe percussion.

Could you C# afterwards?


Quite close, Tino.
Except for the Fosters, barramundi burger and a hole for the neighbour's dog. The hole needs to be for three neighbour's dogs.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51724
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Aug 2020, 2:21 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We need some cymbal of authority round here.

I once got hit on the head with a cymbal. Had quite a severe percussion.

Could you C# afterwards?

We should definitely end the puns on that note.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20628
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 21 Aug 2020, 2:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We need some cymbal of authority round here.

I once got hit on the head with a cymbal. Had quite a severe percussion.

Could you C# afterwards?

We should definitely end the puns on that note.

I can't handel any more.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13694
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Aug 2020, 2:58 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We need some cymbal of authority round here.

I once got hit on the head with a cymbal. Had quite a severe percussion.

Could you C# afterwards?

We should definitely end the puns on that note.

I can't handel any more.

There is a lot of chopin and changing on this thread today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19308
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum