The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+3
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
7 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

<lol>

or for Rick... Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 07 Oct 2020, 7:52 am

Might as well jump. Fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 07 Oct 2020, 7:54 am

Give me a sicond and I'll follow you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 Oct 2020, 8:36 am

Tird. I can see clearly now.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Oct 2020, 9:11 am

Morning.

I'm not Eddie Van Halen or Johnny Nash but people whose opinion I respect have said that I could be the love child of Eddie and Johnny.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 08 Oct 2020, 8:01 am

Fantathtic, Thurthday fitht.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Oct 2020, 8:11 am

Thicond

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 08 Oct 2020, 8:15 am

Third.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Oct 2020, 9:53 am

Thit on here today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Thit on here today.

Not on the tennis board though, Jules.

You boys all getting a little jazzed up with each other. I like it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:17 pm

Is it getting fruity over there?

New balls, winning to love, mixed doubles with the swingers next door?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:21 pm

superflyweight wrote:Is it getting fruity over there?  

New balls, winning to love, mixed doubles with the swingers next door?  

It is all kicking off. Your alias old mate Craig is there causing all sorts of mayhem.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:32 pm

Has King Edward I invaded the French Open again?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:37 pm

superflyweight wrote:Has King Edward I invaded the French Open again?  

No but Novak Djokovic stopped his favourite player Andy Murray (who the f*ck has a favourite tennis player? Does he have a tennis shirt with Murray on the back?) from winning more majors.

Once Craig has sorted out independence, he is going after Serbia.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:09 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:who the f*ck has a favourite tennis player?

C'mon Tim!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:10 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Has King Edward I invaded the French Open again?  

No but Novak Djokovic stopped his favourite player Andy Murray (who the f*ck has a favourite tennis player? Does he have a tennis shirt with Murray on the back?) from winning more majors.

Once Craig has sorted out independence, he is going after Serbia.

There was a period in the late 90's where I spent a lot of time alone with pictures of Anna Kournikova.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:13 pm

superflyweight wrote:

There was a period in the late 90's where I spent a lot of time alone with pictures of Anna Kournikova.  

Frightening how similar you and I are. Although I would argue that she wasn't really a tennis player.

Gabriela Sabbatini - now there was a tennis player.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:17 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Frightening how similar you and I are. Although I would argue that she wasn't really a tennis player.

Sabbatini did cause a stirring in the loins before I knew what a stirring in my loins was - a feeling only replicated at that age come conker season.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:25 pm

Never much into Anna or Gabby. More Chris Evert and Carling Bassett.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:31 pm

Is Carling Bassett any relation to Bertie?

Takes all sorts.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:  

Takes all sorts.  

Well played.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Never much into Anna or Gabby. More Chris Evans and Will Carling.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 08 Oct 2020, 5:51 pm

I was almost ill I was so healthily obsessed with her.  Elite level alongside Ryder and Pfeiffer.

She's still f*cking fit as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 Oct 2020, 8:22 am

Martina Hingis was fi(s)t

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:01 am

Controversial.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:09 am

Galted wrote:Controversial.

Agreed. I am deeply fond of rICk but just sometimes, he makes it very difficult to like him.

Hingis was not fit. Or fist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:14 am

Each to their own, chaps.

Morning, both, what does the weekend hold? We can't be trusted in The North so i expect everyone here to be rushing out to get p155ed in the boozers before they shut down, thus exacerbating the problem.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:16 am

Going to be mental down here as always. Might give the flat a bit of a clean, take jr for a walk in the park, do a bit of shopping... you never can tell with me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:17 am

Crazy C**t

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:21 am

I've been meaning to head to the motherland for a while, riCK but the Chinese disease keeps putting me off.

Still got some building work going on so might wander round nodding my head, pretending I understand what they are talking about like Alan Partridge.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:34 am

I suspected there would be a run on booze at the supermarkets after the Scottish government basically brought in prohibition for the next three weeks so went to the Sainsburys on Wednesday night and bought a boatload. Will be going back to buy food and stuff there later tonight and fully expect to see a post apocalyptic Beer, Wines and Spirits aisle.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:36 am

superflyweight wrote:I suspected there would be a run on booze at the supermarkets after the Scottish government basically brought in prohibition for the next three weeks so went to the Sainsburys on Wednesday night and bought a boatload.  Will be going back to buy food and stuff there later tonight and fully expect to see a post apocalyptic Beer, Wines and Spirits aisle.  

What's your drink of choice these days, fly?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:40 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've been meaning to head to the motherland for a while, riCK but the Chinese disease keeps putting me off.

Still got some building work going on so might wander round nodding my head, pretending I understand what they are talking about like Alan Partridge.

Get yourself back, Tino, good to get back to the roots once in a while to reaffirm why you got out of there in the first place.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:45 am

For home drinking I quite like a number of the various Brewdog beers - the Dead Pony Club is very drinkable and it's only 3.5% so you can drink it all day with minimal impact on your general ability to function (a "driving beer" my dad would call it).  Tend to drink Guinness in the pub but it's not the same at home.  

Other than that, I do enjoy Pinot Noir but Mrs Superfly doesn't let me drink it too often and she also refuses to learn how to make a decent Old Fashioned.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:48 am

Asahi for beer, Patron for shorts, Port for gout.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:52 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've been meaning to head to the motherland for a while, riCK but the Chinese disease keeps putting me off.

Get yourself back, Tino, good to get back to the roots once in a while to reaffirm why you got out of there in the first place.

I tip into balance next year, RiCk. I will have been down here for 22 years having left as a 22 year old. I think I can hold onto my Northern badge for 2021 but from early 2022 I will officially become a soft southern c*nt.

I may well die again so please remember me fondly.

Although at least I can join in with Galted when he talks about hummus and flatbread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:57 am

#prayforTino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Oct 2020, 10:59 am

superflyweight wrote:For home drinking I quite like a number of the various Brewdog beers - the Dead Pony Club is very drinkable and it's only 3.5% so you can drink it all day with minimal impact on your general ability to function (a "driving beer" my dad would call it).  Tend to drink Guinness in the pub but it's not the same at home.  

Other than that, I do enjoy Pinot Noir but Mrs Superfly doesn't let me drink it too often and she also refuses to learn how to make a decent Old Fashioned.

Yeah, I like the Brewdog beers. And I love an Old Fashioned but haven't had a decent one since I left the City. Visiting some turbo w*nky bar was only made palatable by the quality of Old Fashioned on offer.

Never buy cheap Pinto Noir. It is a low yield, early ripening grape so all the premium fruit gets taken early in the season and hence, comes with a premium. The late ripening grapes go into the cheaper bottles but much lower quality of wine.

You're welcome.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:03 am

Good knowledge.

The Brewdog Elvis Juice is great but very dangerous given it's percentage. Was in New York last year with my mates and we went to a bar that had some kind of melon IPA that was like drinking fruit juice. Realised three pints in that it was over 8% - everything after that is a bit hazy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:11 am

superflyweight wrote:Good knowledge.  

I do own a very small part of a mates wine importing business so know more than I should do given my rough palate that can barely distinguish between wine and Vimto. Just enough to filter the sh*te from the value for money in the supermarket. Also get more than enough excess stock from the business so it's actually rare that I go out and buy wine.

Although I think I may well be going back to the Asda soon as the business is dying on its arse over recent months given the difficulties getting freight around the world.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:27 am

I tip into balance next year, RiCk. I will have been down here for 22 years having left as a 22 year old. I think I can hold onto my Northern badge for 2021 but from early 2022 I will officially become a soft southern c*nt.

Although at least I can join in with Galted when he talks about hummus and flatbread.

I now drink Abbot and Hobgoblin in moderation.  Would this be acceptable up north (ignoring the moderation bit) or would it mark me out as a child-molesting southern jessy who needs a good f*cking hob-nailed shoeing?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:31 am

Galted wrote:

I now drink Abbot and Hobgoblin in moderation.  Would this be acceptable up north (ignoring the moderation bit) or would it mark me out as a child-molesting southern jessy who needs a good f*cking hob-nailed shoeing?

I think that would pass as acceptable up north, G-Unit.

Especially if you combined it with sh*tting your undies and/or pissing in the kitchen sink.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:32 am

It's the "moderation" that might cause you problems up here in Scotland.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:35 am

That news has massively improved my Friday.

Bit difficult p*ssing in the kitchen sink as Galtova never bothers washing any dishes and I'm wary of touching my knob on the cheese grater, but I did used to do that when I lived in Birmingham so seems the further north you go the more feral you become.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:38 am

superflyweight wrote:It's the "moderation" that might cause you problems up here in Scotland.  

I tried the Rose Street challenge about twenty years ago but didn't get past the second pub.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 Oct 2020, 12:51 pm

Galted wrote:That news has massively improved my Friday.

Bit difficult p*ssing in the kitchen sink as Galtova never bothers washing any dishes and I'm wary of touching my knob on the cheese grater, but I did used to do that when I lived in Birmingham so seems the further north you go the more feral you become.

You used to touch your knob on the cheese grater when you lived in Birmingham? Accidentally or on purpose?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Oct 2020, 12:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You used to touch your knob on the cheese grater when you lived in Birmingham? Accidentally or on purpose?

and with our without the cheese grater's consent?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Oct 2020, 12:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Whenever I needed willy flakes in my hummus and goji berry compote.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 12 Oct 2020, 8:55 am

Slightly flaky foot fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 12 Oct 2020, 10:44 am

Sicond, wotcha Peej, how go the Antipodes?

We are on lockdown eve, where you wake up and see whether Boris has been, exciting times, though the Bin Dippers are already getting locked down for quite some time, which is nice.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 12 Oct 2020, 11:47 am

Hi Ricko,

I was watching the news before... I'm quite shocked. Seems like the first rumblings before an avalanche. I hope it doesn't spiral out of control again. Bin Dippers... lol.

It's quite good here. The odd case here or there but life is practically like normal. Not so down in Mexico. It's like a different country. Feel sorry for the poor blighters in Melbourne who have been locked down for nearly 100 days now. Worse than Wuhan.

There's a war of words between State premiers mostly about freedom of travel, tourism (NSW v both QLD and WA) but because there is an election in 19 days time in Qld (they'll open the borders up again properly the day after... unless you're the PM, sports person or movie star - they have no restrictions) there's a fair bit of politics being played out by some socially inept and extremely shallow, cruel, nasty, selfish and paranoid 'leaders'. Makes one cringe.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next