The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+3
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
7 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

<lol>

or for Rick... Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Sat 31 Oct 2020, 1:25 pm

A pity there are no crowds, Wales v Scotland would've been an emotional affair with the departures of JJ Williams and T Esh Connery.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 31 Oct 2020, 2:40 pm

I'm not stirred.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 31 Oct 2020, 3:47 pm

I don't expect you to be stirred, Mr Marx.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Nov 2020, 7:16 am

I am not any of the many celebrity deaths that have occurred in my absence.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 7:58 am

Morning, Rick. How are things?

I'm also still not dead, which opens up the unpleasant possibility that I might be Will Ferrell, Jack Whitehall or Russell Howard.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Nov 2020, 8:00 am

Not bad, Galts, and i am sure that, that can't be true so you are good.

How you doing in The South?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 8:33 am

No complaints. Waitrose was a bit busier than normal yesterday so I think the panic is stirring. I suspect the hummus shelf will be empty by Wednesday and the only bog roll available will be single ply.

A bit annoyed at the gyms closing as it's taken me this long to get near where I was before the first lockdown. I'm considering just becoming fat and unhealthy.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Nov 2020, 8:44 am

I tend to avoid gyms, but during lockdown I have had much more time to go running, which is nice, as i live between a canal and a river, so there are some nice wee running spots.

We were due into tier 3 today but now there is national lockdown coming, we have a couple more days before the stay at home order.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:23 am

I should clarify my gym position (figurative). There's one in our development which is included in the service charge and I feel I have to get my money's worth as the charge would probably be enough to buy a village up north.

Hoping the lockdown drags on a bit as I turn 50 next month and don't really fancy having to endure a party.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:42 am

Galted wrote:I should clarify my gym position (figurative). There's one in our development which is included in the service charge and I feel I have to get my money's worth...
Ponce

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:51 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I should clarify my gym position (figurative).  There's one in our development which is included in the service charge and I feel I have to get my money's worth...
Ponce

You've grown frightfully arrogant since you became an internet renowned film producer who uses £50 notes for lighting cigars and snorting coke out of actresses' minges.  Money matters to some people.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:59 am

We have one in here too, Galts, I have used it about 10 times.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 10:02 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:We have one in here too, Galts, I have used it about 10 times.

I shall have to review my life choices. I wonder what Jeff would do.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 02 Nov 2020, 10:14 am

Got a friend who has just moved back into his inner city boxing gym after having rented it out to a former RL star... who apparently had the walls covered with pictures of himself.

The RL guy is an @rsehole and a bully. I actually told him to f*ck off when he kicked me in the ribs when I was doing push ups and told me to "get my effing donger off the effing floor!" (I am now an official Legend)  He's on TV quite a bit here - especially with Origin to be played on Wednesday night.

My mate has spent the last couple of months removing all the paraphernalia, scrubbing the floors, making it covid compliant*, adding extra amenities. Told him I'd come along on Saturday mornings to start with - 45 minutes of torture... dreading it... but you feel absolutely unbreakable afterwards.

I used to be quite sporty but I've definitely let things slide, especially this year. I'm really looking forward to it. Just got to get over that first hurdle.

* it seems nobody really knows what that means/requires but there are some sketchy guidelines which my friend has followed. He reckons the local council are impressed with the way he has set the "covid safe" standard. Not that anyone has it here...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 10:21 am

Our gym has a mop down once or twice a day. It's ok once you've got used to the disinfectant gathering in your lungs but it's a c*nt the way the rowing machine slides all over the floor, feels like the real thing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 02 Nov 2020, 10:25 am

They had rowing machines in The Sweatbox installed by Mark "Spudd" Carroll... yes two "d"s. Total d!ckhead. Rusty Crowe's bodyguard. Google him.

My mate has removed all of that and got his floor space yield increased. Normally could have 50-60 people but now only about 12-15 according to the new regs.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:01 am

Pal Joey wrote:They had rowing machines in The Sweatbox installed by Mark "Spudd" Carroll... yes two "d"s. Total d!ckhead. Rusty Crowe's bodyguard. Google him.

My mate has removed all of that and got his floor space yield increased. Normally could have 50-60 people but now only about 12-15 according to the new regs.

Does the capacity increase as people lose weight? Or diminish as people bulk up?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:12 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:They had rowing machines in The Sweatbox installed by Mark "Spudd" Carroll... yes two "d"s. Total d!ckhead. Rusty Crowe's bodyguard. Google him.

Does the capacity increase as people lose weight?  Or diminish as people bulk up?

Not sure... probably based on 4 sq. m area/per person, so a fat blob still gets the same amount of space as a skinny rake.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:28 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:i live between a canal and a river

Are you a character from Wind in the Willows or something?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:38 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

An Aussie version of Wind in the Willows would make a great horror film.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:56 am

Yes, ribbit.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 02 Nov 2020, 12:18 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I tend to avoid gyms, but during lockdown I have had much more time to go running, which is nice, as i live between a canal and a river, so there are some nice wee running spots.

We were due into tier 3 today but now there is national lockdown coming, we have a couple more days before the stay at home order.

Interesting you say that, rick.

In view of the forthcoming lockdown, I went to the local swimming baths yesterday. Decided to have a sneaky pee in the deep end. The lifeguard must have noticed. He blew his whistle so loud, I almost fell in.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 02 Nov 2020, 12:25 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:I tend to avoid gyms, but during lockdown I have had much more time to go running, which is nice, as i live between a canal and a river, so there are some nice wee running spots.

Interesting you say that, rick.

In view of the forthcoming lockdown, I went to the local swimming baths yesterday. Decided to have a sneaky pee in the deep end. The lifeguard must have noticed. He blew his whistle so loud, I almost fell in.

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Nov 2020, 12:40 pm

Excellent work, GB.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 03 Nov 2020, 9:54 am

Casting a fist.

Love your deep end pool work, Guildford! Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:02 am

Morning, peej.

How you doing?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:04 am

I'm not amateur sport in the UK.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:07 am

Fine thanks Rick.

Spent most of the day watching US Election news with some Melbourne Cup races in between.

How are you?

G'day Tino!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:26 am

Pal Joey wrote:

G'day Tino!

G'day to you, PJ. Let's not mention anything Bledisloe related. Far too fond of you to bring that up in any detail.

We have some false widow spiders making a nest in one of the outside walls on our house. Got some great video's of one of them spinning a fly round in its web before eating it. I almost felt sorry for the fly. They are not really dangerous unless there is a Daily Mail journalist around in which case my house would be burnt to the ground and the hole filled in with cement to save the nations children.

How is the insect population in your garden?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:37 am

I saw a ladybird yesterday.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:39 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I saw a ladyboy yesterday.

There is no judging in here, Jules. This is a safe place for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:56 am

It was on TV. S/he was one of the contestants on Mastermind

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:57 am

Pal Joey wrote:

G'day Tino!

G'day to you, PJ. Let's not mention anything Bledisloe related. Far too fond of you to bring that up in any detail.

We have some false widow spiders making a nest in one of the outside walls on our house. Got some great video's of one of them spinning a fly round in its web before eating it. I almost felt sorry for the fly. They are not really dangerous unless there is a Daily Mail journalist around in which case my house would be burnt to the ground and the hole filled in with cement to save the nations children.

How is the insect population in your garden?

Ahhh... don't worry about the Bledisloe, mate.
Did you see my immediate post match comment on their performance? That's basically sums up what I think.
I'm at least 49.9% Kiwi you know. Mum was born in Invercargill, did nursing in Dunedin, went to school in Chch. Something to fall back on perhaps?

Insect activity is a little sporadic at the minute. There was some significant ant movement last week but we've got some decent rain of late. Seems to have washed a large part of them away. I saw some birds picking off some insects from cobwebs under some gutters under the walkway today. They are so methodical and relentless going from one area to another. Poor little creatures don't stand a chance.

Important to note that during this La Niña cycle it is not nearly as hot as this time last year. It's barely breaking 30 degrees C... more like 20-23. There are more clouds and generally overcast conditions with only short breaks of intense sunshine which gets clouded over again quite quickly. Much more peasant for sleeping at night - at least until the inevitable humidity ratchets up... steadily getting worse as we move into mid summer. More like Vietnam than Egypt (very hot and dry El Niño) in other words at the moment.

I can hear lots of crickets chirping outside this evening. No large spiders seen thus far... or at least since I found that juvenile huntsman inside the door frame a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's still under the house doing its job with the silverfish, etc.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Nov 2020, 12:53 pm

It is pretty crazy seeing the businesses boarding themselves up ahead of any potential result tomorrow in the US.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Nov 2020, 1:35 pm

In other exciting news, split due up on the Trump thread.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 03 Nov 2020, 2:03 pm

Tempted to do it because Duty wouldn't be abe to read it unless he unblocks me.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Nov 2020, 2:10 pm

That seems like a no brainer...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Nov 2020, 2:55 pm

superflyweight wrote:Tempted to do it because Duty wouldn't be abe to read it unless he unblocks me.  

Has he genuinely blocked you? Why did he do that? What did I miss.

I know you think I am Duty but I'm really not so can't unblock you.

In other news, does anyone want to say a few words to mark the passing of Galted? He deserves more than silence.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Nov 2020, 3:09 pm

I suppose if he is John Sessions we could do it in the Limerick thread, Whose Line is it Anyway?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 03 Nov 2020, 3:36 pm

superflyweight wrote:Tempted to do it because Duty wouldn't be abe to read it unless he unblocks me.  

Has he genuinely blocked you? Why did he do that? What did I miss.

I know you think I am Duty but I'm really not so can't unblock you.

In other news, does anyone want to say a few words to mark the passing of Galted? He deserves more than silence.

Can't remember the specifics but it was likely one of the many times that I took the p1ss out of him because he claimed to have learned all he needed to know about the lack of democracy in the EU from his A Level Legal Studies course. He threw a strop and said he was going to "foe" me - it's not a phrase that you hear all that often in Scotland in the heat of an argument and it took me a while to figure out what it meant.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 Nov 2020, 4:15 pm

I'm alive again.  Thought I'd die and visit Tino but, sod's law, turned out that he's visiting the living so that was a waste of a journey into the underworld.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Nov 2020, 7:53 am

Crikey, it is close in the US which is just plain odd.

Morning, Fist.

Glad you are alive, Galts.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Nov 2020, 9:16 am

Sicond.

Odd indeed - but not surprising. Always interesting to see that the Republicans seem more confident when it's like this. I don't pay close enough attention to the election to ever be able to call it, but going by most of the developmentally stunted right wing commentators (including Duty) - it all seems over bar the shouting.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Nov 2020, 9:32 am

I don't pay too much attention either to be fair, and social media is just basically a sh1t 4 Yorkshire-men sketch currently.

How goes the North?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Nov 2020, 9:40 am

Cold and mostly shut down. We've been in this state for a while now and it doesn't really make a huge difference to my life as long as the schools and nurseries remain open.

The major positive is that Mrs Superfly's family can't come into the house.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Nov 2020, 9:56 am

Similar here to be honest, I am quite looking forward to having a valid excuse not to open my house up at Christmas.

The only downside here, is that because we are both spending lots of time in the house, we (read Mrs D) keeps seeing stuff to do in the house, and it is getting annoying.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Nov 2020, 10:02 am

Morning riCK, Fly.

Am I allowed on here or is it lawyers only this morning?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Nov 2020, 10:04 am

Good morning, Tino, you are always welcome.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Nov 2020, 10:15 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Good morning, Tino, you are always welcome.

Grand. How is the cut and thrust world of corporate law, rICk?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Nov 2020, 10:20 am

Full of f**ing idiots, mainly procurement guys who think they know contractual intricacies, because they have managed to get in some improved KPI's and a couple of quid off at the detriment of an exit clause... Ace.

How goes the cur and thrust of dress modelling and amateur anthropology?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next