The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+13
Davie
pedro
BlueCoverman
Pal Joey
super_realist
westisbest
incontinentia
beninho
JuliusHMarx
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
17 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The far left is often dependent on where an individual themselves is on the political spectrum, for example Owen Jones may be seen as far left to someone who is centre right but to a centrist will be seen as merely left wing, personally have him down as part of the hard left.

I have him as left wing. Though is hard left not the same as far left because I dont have him as far left. I get tge views based on your own spectrum though. Which is why I hare labour supporters calling Starmer and others right wing.  Left of centre is not right wing.

I would say that hard left is within the standard left wing myself, thinking of someone like Tony Benn being hard left as opposed to Ed Milliband who was soft left, will say however that is possibly closer to far left than it is the centre.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5580
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:11 am

McLaren wrote:Super

Have you seen the extinction rebellion pr woman has seen the light and defected to the daily mail?

I heard one of them on radio today who has given up on the doomsday cult and their lies and has changed her view to support nuclear. She was very polite but the undertone was that she thought it was an incredibly childish organisation who didn't really know what it was talking about. Which sounds about right

By the way. Did you know that the Daily Mail editor is now a lefty remainer and not Paul Dacre, probably not. .


Last edited by super_realist on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:14 am

McLaren wrote:It is a pretty sad show. Wonder if he uses terms like "holocaust" or "untermensch" around his nieces?

Mac, my nieces are too young to understand those words.
I bet though you think nothing of travelling in a VW, Ford or BMW though who have as much connection with the Nazis as those words.
By the way I used the word holocaust simply to wind you up, hence why I out an *next to it.


Last edited by super_realist on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:19 am

McLaren wrote:Super

As always you miss the details of the point, there are some things which make a person a right off but those are fairly specific.

What? Why would you write off anyone if they are capable of making good points? That's why the left are so annoying because they do what you do and write a while person off because they don't agree with some of the things they say despite the rest of what they say being perfectly fine.

I imagine that you don't even know what Douglas Murray says that you disagree with, he's just persona non grata among the left, so you feel that you have to be seen to dislike him. For example I'm sure that you would agree with his views on Islam. (cue Mac hastily googling to find something from Murray that he might dislike)

What is a right off by the way? Is that the opposite to right on?

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 11 Sep 2020, 8:04 am

beninho wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54099894

I doubt the complaints have come from the intolerant left.

Weirdos being outraged after being told to.

Or just people wishing to watch a talent show without such content.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5580
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 11 Sep 2020, 8:11 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54099894

I doubt the complaints have come from the intolerant left.

Weirdos being outraged after being told to.

Or just people wishing to watch a talent show without such content.

But, surely, tge people who felt so offended by black people when watching the show on Saturday woukd have complained. Why the massive surge between Tuesday and Thursday? You think that all these people though days after watching it that they were disgusted by black people dancing?

I'll stick with Weirdos. I've seen it, I struggle to see what anyone could find offensive ot worthy of complaint.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 11 Sep 2020, 8:22 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54099894

I doubt the complaints have come from the intolerant left.

Weirdos being outraged after being told to.

Or just people wishing to watch a talent show without such content.

But, surely, tge people who felt so offended by black people when watching the show on Saturday woukd have complained. Why the massive surge between Tuesday and Thursday? You think that all these people though days after watching it that they were disgusted by black people dancing?

I'll stick with Weirdos. I've seen it, I struggle to see what anyone could find offensive ot worthy of complaint.

Pathetic.

Like I said it's a talent show, people sometimes want to switch off without having a message shoved down their throats.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5580
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 11 Sep 2020, 8:39 am

It's good to hear that super hasn't written off Owen Jones.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21139
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Fri 11 Sep 2020, 8:40 am

McLaren wrote:You really need to lay off the Douglas Murray and Jordan Petterson stuff. It is warping your mind.

I take it you never listen openly to people you think you disagree with? I listen to Peterson (1 t by the way) quite a bit, don't agree with everything he says but hearing a different perspective always helps inform whether it reinforces or challenges your beliefs and assumptions.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 11 Sep 2020, 8:41 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54099894

I doubt the complaints have come from the intolerant left.

Weirdos being outraged after being told to.

Or just people wishing to watch a talent show without such content.

But, surely, tge people who felt so offended by black people when watching the show on Saturday woukd have complained. Why the massive surge between Tuesday and Thursday? You think that all these people though days after watching it that they were disgusted by black people dancing?

I'll stick with Weirdos. I've seen it, I struggle to see what anyone could find offensive ot worthy of complaint.

Pathetic.

Like I said it's a talent show, people sometimes want to switch off without having a message shoved down their throats.

Exactly - just switch off or watch something else. Otherwise watch and appreciate the superb dancing talent of Diversity.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21139
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 11 Sep 2020, 9:26 am

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
McLaren wrote:Jas

Your idea about the left seems about 50 years out of date. We have moved on a bit from just worrying about men down tit pit getting a good wage.

Maybe you and other older labour voters can't cope with the modern left being about LGBTQ rights,equality for women, BLM etc, but the Greens who I affiliate with can.

If the "untermensch" don't like equality, fine by me. They can vote tory and screw themselves over just like the idiot poor who vote republican in the USA.

#liberaleliteandproud

Is "untermensch" an approptiate word to be using?

Pipe down, its just a word and hardly offensive. We all know we have an element of scum in this country. What would you prefer they were called? Economically challenged?
I have to believe you're wumming with this.

Let me be clear: stop using the term, please. You know damned well it has additional connotations. Just stick with 'scum' if you really want to stereotype etc.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:48 am

Super/Jas

If someone believes something like the moon landings are fake or that the new world order controls the world, or they use words like the N word or F word, I am not going to waste my time making sure that is their only lapse in rational thinking. It is easier to just to ignore whatever they have to say. I don't see how this is a left vs right issue. It is about whether someone seems like they are capable of rational thought and how much time I am willing to invest to find out if they do. I doubt my method will prevent me from learning from any of the great minds.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Fri 11 Sep 2020, 1:32 pm

McLaren wrote:Super/Jas

If someone believes something like the moon landings are fake or that the new world order controls the world, or they use words like the N word or F word, I am not going to waste my time making sure that is their only lapse in rational thinking. It is easier to just to ignore whatever they have to say.  I don't see how this is a left vs right issue. It is about whether someone seems like they are capable of rational thought and how much time I am willing to invest to find out if they do.  I doubt my method will prevent me from learning from any of the great minds.

On that basis does that mean we should stop investing time listening to you then?

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 11 Sep 2020, 2:43 pm

I am not aware that I am following any conspiracy theories or spouting racist language.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 11 Sep 2020, 5:01 pm

I wonder why wealthy property and office owner Alan Sugar thinks peopke should be going into offices?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 11 Sep 2020, 5:04 pm

McLaren wrote:I am not aware that I am following any conspiracy theories or spouting racist language.
No, but some of what you spout is nonsense OK. Come on, you're failing to accept that someone could have anything worth saying, just because of one thing they might have said that offends your liberal values. That's an absurd position to take.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 11 Sep 2020, 5:09 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:I am not aware that I am following any conspiracy theories or spouting racist language.
No, but some of what you spout is nonsense OK. Come on, you're failing to accept that someone could have anything worth saying, just because of one thing they might have said that offends your liberal values. That's an absurd position to take.

If someone was pure homophobic or racist, why would you even want to give soneone to time of day? Someone who denies the holocaust, may have a valid point on something else, but the first hurdle is to high to even give a fick about anything else. If soneone is so stupid to have certain views why bother with their other ones?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:11 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:I am not aware that I am following any conspiracy theories or spouting racist language.
No, but some of what you spout is nonsense :OK:. Come on, you're failing to accept that someone could have anything worth saying, just because of one thing they might have said that offends your liberal values. That's an absurd position to take.

Give me one example of nonsense that I have spouted?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:15 pm

Boris not happy with the withdrawal agreement. He will be apoplectic when he finds out who signed it off and campaigned a general election on it.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Mon 14 Sep 2020, 8:18 pm

Went to a driving range earlier.
First time I’ve hit a golf ball in about 20 years.
Striking the ball well

Enjoyed it.
May even take up golf again.

Although probably hate it after a couple of rounds after I’ve lost a shed load of balls. Wink

westisbest

Posts : 7752
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 14 Sep 2020, 9:28 pm

westisbest wrote:Went to a driving range earlier.
First time I’ve hit a golf ball in about 20 years.
Striking the ball well

Enjoyed it.
May even take up golf again.

Although probably hate it after a couple of rounds after I’ve lost a shed load of balls. ;)

I just assumed everyone on here played golf. Good to hear you might be getting back into it. Golf for me is a game to played rather than watched.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 15 Sep 2020, 2:12 pm

McLaren wrote:
westisbest wrote:Went to a driving range earlier.
First time I’ve hit a golf ball in about 20 years.
Striking the ball well

Enjoyed it.
May even take up golf again.

Although probably hate it after a couple of rounds after I’ve lost a shed load of balls. Wink

I just assumed everyone on here played golf. Good to hear you might be getting back into it. Golf for me is a game to played rather than watched.
Amazing! We agree on something OK.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 17 Sep 2020, 8:47 am

Meanwhile...just had an offer accepted on a Grade 2 listed property. It's liveable in but it's most definitely a major Project, maybe not quite Grand Designs but we're planning to spend a further 25-30% of the purchase price on making it special.

Anybody else tackled a big house project or indeed renovated a listed property?

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 17 Sep 2020, 12:36 pm

No I haven't JAS...but I'm predicting a little less time available for you to spend on the golf course, at least until the project is completed! Wink
Good Luck

BlueCoverman

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Mon 21 Sep 2020, 12:44 pm

Wonder if this was a case of..."Look, this will an absolute Poopie storm unless we slip it out on a day where other news will trumph it" "Ok well we're going to cut the scientists loose today to alarm everybody about the possibility of a 2nd lockdown"
"Perfect, run it today!!"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54228079

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 21 Sep 2020, 1:23 pm

Jas, who cares. BDC just changed golf. Get a grip man.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Mon 21 Sep 2020, 1:54 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas, who cares. BDC just changed golf. Get a grip man.

Aye ‘cos boom & gouge and 5 hour rounds is so much more important than world economies being in the hands of the criminal elite with politicians in their back pockets. Yes we’ve kinda known for a while that must be the case but here comes evidence of the truth seeping out from the swamp. I thought you liked evidence.

TBH Boom & gouge ain’t that new either. Let’s just see how many he wins before he seizes up & starts getting Woods like injuries.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 21 Sep 2020, 1:56 pm

Jas

Lay off the conspiracy theories.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Mon 21 Sep 2020, 2:34 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas

Lay off the conspiracy theories.

...So you think FinCEN is all just fabricated nonsense then?

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 21 Sep 2020, 5:02 pm

JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:Jas

Lay off the conspiracy theories.

...So you think FinCEN is all just fabricated nonsense then?

I have no idea what FinCEN is. Is this like Qanon or something?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Mon 21 Sep 2020, 7:19 pm

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:Jas

Lay off the conspiracy theories.

...So you think FinCEN is all just fabricated nonsense then?

I have no idea what FinCEN is. Is this like Qanon or something?

Google is quite easy to use, alternatively BBC1 right now will help enlighten you.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 21 Sep 2020, 7:38 pm

Jas

As I always say to people who tell me to google things on here. This is a discussion forum, it is reasonable for me to expect others to explain things to me during the discussion. I would rather here what you have to say about FinCEN than wikipedia or whatever.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Mon 21 Sep 2020, 8:08 pm

You’ll probably find more opinions about FinCHEM.

pedro

Posts : 7240
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Mon 21 Sep 2020, 8:18 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas

As I always say to people who tell me to google things on here. This is a discussion forum, it is reasonable for me to expect others to explain things to me during the discussion. I would rather here what you have to say about FinCEN than wikipedia or whatever.
Some would say reasonable some would say lazy. Either way FinCEN is the Financial Crime Enforcement Network who are tasked with investigating serious financial crimes such as money laundering. Obviously money laundering is usually the result of a lot more serious Poopie. What’s going on now with dirty money (particularly Russian), the monies involved and where their web spreads, makes the old cash for questions stuff look like Sunday league stuff compared to champions league.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:16 am

Jas

I don't know how you muster the energy to let that stuff get to you.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:19 am

McLaren wrote:Jas

I don't know how you muster the energy to let that stuff get to you.

We're in agreement for a change Mac; to suggest that there was an attempt to bury such news is also a bit odd when you consider nobody cares. At this point in time as has been the case for the past few months now people are more concerned about their own jobs, going on holiday and the hospitality sector in general.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5580
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:21 am

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:Jas

Lay off the conspiracy theories.

...So you think FinCEN is all just fabricated nonsense then?

I have no idea what FinCEN is. Is this like Qanon or something?

Another quite hilarious example of your logic. Rather than do a quick google and get a bit of context, you assume because I assert that there’s something dodgy going on between Russian oligarchs and Tories concerning funding you think I must be a conspiracy theorist and so you blurt out QAnon completely forgetting of course that I lean left, I completely despise Trump and think his drain the swamp rhetoric is utter bilge, I don’t think a centre left run state would in any way try to run things in a way that QAnon would get all hysterical about.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:35 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
McLaren wrote:Jas

I don't know how you muster the energy to let that stuff get to you.

We're in agreement for a change Mac; to suggest that there was an attempt to bury such news is also a bit odd when you consider nobody cares. At this point in time as has been the case for the past few months now people are more concerned about their own jobs, going on holiday and the hospitality sector in general.

And therein lies the problem, “nobody cares” Did anyone else watch Panorama last night and genuinely think “och that doesn’t matter, it doesn’t apply to me”

Maybe it’s not bigger than COVID but I’d put it in the Top 3 of things likely to cause long lasting socio-economic damage to the country. (No prizes for guessing the other 2). Hey some people take a different view, some might say a potential China instigated WW3 is currently our biggest threat.
The main point I was making is that the populous should be made more aware of the dirty money circulating in our economies, who’s behind it, what it’s used for and why we need to clamp down on it. I think that’s more newsworthy than Mabel from Harrogate being cheesed off at having to shut her pub at 10pm rather than 11. Or whether Nathan from Scunthorpe has to quarantine on his way back from Portugal and what that’s doing to his mental health. Those maybe are big issues for Mabel and Nathan but really, in the grand scheme of things I want my news to be more serious and high level rather then the trivia we’re fed at the moment.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:46 am

I was able to go on holiday this year albeit within England but that was to me a bigger issue than this is because I just don't care. JAS, you care because you see an opportunity to hammer the Tory party in the hope it will make a difference at the next election, the majority of people however have more important issues to worry about.

If Mabel is getting paid on time and is able to pay all her bills why exactly would she be bothered by this?

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5580
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:51 am

Jas

If there was an original copy of Boris or Trumps bank statement with a payment from V. Putin on people would still vote for them in droves. It is game over.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:52 am

And PS Jas, you believed the conspiracy theories about the EU so how I am supposed to know which ones you buy into.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 22 Sep 2020, 12:31 pm

McLaren wrote:And PS Jas, you believed the conspiracy theories about the EU so how I am supposed to know which ones you buy into.

There you go again, “you believed a conspiracy theory once therefore you must be a fan of conspiracy theories”...utter hogwash on several levels. My view on the EU was different from yours that didn’t mean I believed their net incompetence was as a result of a conspiracy.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 22 Sep 2020, 12:43 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:I was able to go on holiday this year albeit within England but that was to me a bigger issue than this is because I just don't care. JAS, you care because you see an opportunity to hammer the Tory party in the hope it will make a difference at the next election, the majority of people however have more important issues to worry about.

If Mabel is getting paid on time and is able to pay all her bills why exactly would she be bothered by this?

No you’re entirely (probably deliberately) trying to miss the point. Yes I may have started the point about Russian donations to the Tories but that essentially was a bit of a side show....the main main issue here is banks and their behaviour. These are banks that ruined the world economy through bending and breaking clearly set out rules & regulations (well what was left of regulations) and it was us the taxpayer that had to bail some out directly and endure 10 years+ of austerity to help the rest of the banking sector get back in the black and now it’s coming to light that billons of dollars of dirty money are sloshing around for them to profit from. These are banks that are by turning a blind eye to clearly set out reporting responsibilities and by convenient omission they are therefore enabling terrorism funding, drug running, organised crime to flourish. They do it because it’s lucrative for them. Never mind sounds like you enjoyed your staycation.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 22 Sep 2020, 12:55 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas

I don't know how you muster the energy to let that stuff get to you.

A morning smoothie with fresh fruit, yoghurt, chia seeds and oat milk, and a rigorous regime of exercise and yoga, allied to a great sense injustice about allowing greedy illegitimate childen aka Pal Joeys and liars get away with screwing ordinary people over because they can.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 22 Sep 2020, 1:41 pm

JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:And PS Jas, you believed the conspiracy theories about the EU so how I am supposed to know which ones you buy into.

There you go again, “you believed a conspiracy theory once therefore you must be a fan of conspiracy theories”...utter hogwash on several levels. My view on the EU was different from yours that didn’t mean I believed their net incompetence was as a result of a conspiracy.

As I remember it you thought the EU was in the pocket of big business, in a well orchestrated and planned manner. It is the fact you think this was planned and deliberately executed that wanders into conspiracy theory territory.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 22 Sep 2020, 3:16 pm

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:And PS Jas, you believed the conspiracy theories about the EU so how I am supposed to know which ones you buy into.

There you go again, “you believed a conspiracy theory once therefore you must be a fan of conspiracy theories”...utter hogwash on several levels. My view on the EU was different from yours that didn’t mean I believed their net incompetence was as a result of a conspiracy.

As I remember it you thought the EU was in the pocket of big business, in a well orchestrated and planned manner. It is the fact you think this was planned and deliberately executed that wanders into conspiracy theory territory.

“Well orchestrated and planned” when did I ever use that phraseology?? I would asked you to look back through my posts and find exactly what I said but hey if you can’t be arsed to do a simple google I doubt you’ll be bothered.

Vested interests lobby and to an extent control and influence politicians whether by financial means or otherwise, I think it would be naive in the extreme to think that didn’t go on. Yes it happens on the left as well with unions. I’m not saying it shouldnt exist at all, that is the way politics works and has evolved. We get a vote every now and again to make us think we have a say, in reality we only get to choose the puppets not the strings.  The problem I have with that is when that control and influence being exerted gets consumed by out of control greed with no regard for the effect on the majority.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Sep 2020, 10:13 am

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:Jas

Lay off the conspiracy theories.

...So you think FinCEN is all just fabricated nonsense then?

I have no idea what FinCEN is. Is this like Qanon or something?
See the problem w/ getting all your info from Tw@tter?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Sep 2020, 10:14 am

McLaren wrote:Jas

As I always say to people who tell me to google things on here. This is a discussion forum, it is reasonable for me to expect others to explain things to me during the discussion. I would rather here what you have to say about FinCEN than wikipedia or whatever.
Laugh laughing Like you do for others so frequently?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Sep 2020, 10:18 am

JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:And PS Jas, you believed the conspiracy theories about the EU so how I am supposed to know which ones you buy into.

There you go again, “you believed a conspiracy theory once therefore you must be a fan of conspiracy theories”...utter hogwash on several levels. My view on the EU was different from yours that didn’t mean I believed their net incompetence was as a result of a conspiracy.

As I remember it you thought the EU was in the pocket of big business, in a well orchestrated and planned manner. It is the fact you think this was planned and deliberately executed that wanders into conspiracy theory territory.

“Well orchestrated and planned” when did I ever use that phraseology?? I would asked you to look back through my posts and find exactly what I said but hey if you can’t be arsed to do a simple google I doubt you’ll be bothered.

Vested interests lobby and to an extent control and influence politicians whether by financial means or otherwise, I think it would be naive in the extreme to think that didn’t go on. Yes it happens on the left as well with unions. I’m not saying it shouldnt exist at all, that is the way politics works and has evolved. We get a vote every now and again to make us think we have a say, in reality we only get to choose the puppets not the strings.  The problem I have with that is when that control and influence being exerted gets consumed by out of control greed with no regard for the effect on the majority.
Give up, JAS. You can't reason w/ Mac and he won't take on board what you say, let alone change his opinions.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Sep 2020, 1:27 pm

Navy

So you accept the arguments Jas has made about connections between large corporations, money laundering, the EU and politicians. It is in trying to connect such things that conspiracy theories are born, as I suspect you know.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 24 Sep 2020, 3:37 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:And PS Jas, you believed the conspiracy theories about the EU so how I am supposed to know which ones you buy into.

There you go again, “you believed a conspiracy theory once therefore you must be a fan of conspiracy theories”...utter hogwash on several levels. My view on the EU was different from yours that didn’t mean I believed their net incompetence was as a result of a conspiracy.

As I remember it you thought the EU was in the pocket of big business, in a well orchestrated and planned manner. It is the fact you think this was planned and deliberately executed that wanders into conspiracy theory territory.

“Well orchestrated and planned” when did I ever use that phraseology?? I would asked you to look back through my posts and find exactly what I said but hey if you can’t be arsed to do a simple google I doubt you’ll be bothered.

Vested interests lobby and to an extent control and influence politicians whether by financial means or otherwise, I think it would be naive in the extreme to think that didn’t go on. Yes it happens on the left as well with unions. I’m not saying it shouldnt exist at all, that is the way politics works and has evolved. We get a vote every now and again to make us think we have a say, in reality we only get to choose the puppets not the strings.  The problem I have with that is when that control and influence being exerted gets consumed by out of control greed with no regard for the effect on the majority.
Give up, JAS. You can't reason w/ Mac and he won't take on board what you say, let alone change his opinions.

Yup!! I know :-p To be fair I’ve always held that kind of view of Mac. A) that he has reasoning limitations and b) he likes to be a WUM for the sake of it. Occasionally it can be an amusing debate but this one has ran out of any interest.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum