The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+13
Davie
pedro
BlueCoverman
Pal Joey
super_realist
westisbest
incontinentia
beninho
JuliusHMarx
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
17 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The far left is often dependent on where an individual themselves is on the political spectrum, for example Owen Jones may be seen as far left to someone who is centre right but to a centrist will be seen as merely left wing, personally have him down as part of the hard left.

I have him as left wing. Though is hard left not the same as far left because I dont have him as far left. I get tge views based on your own spectrum though. Which is why I hare labour supporters calling Starmer and others right wing.  Left of centre is not right wing.

I would say that hard left is within the standard left wing myself, thinking of someone like Tony Benn being hard left as opposed to Ed Milliband who was soft left, will say however that is possibly closer to far left than it is the centre.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 10:13 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I just find the Glasgow accent hard to listen to, it's aggressive  and harsh, just as I don't like the Brummie accent because it makes the speaker sound simple , Dundee accent because it sounds horrible in every way (if you've never heard a Dundee accent, Google Liz McColgan) Northern Irish accent for similar reasons (Ian Paisley, Gerry Adams Arlene Foster) , Scouse accent, Cockney accent etc
They aren't pleasant to listen to at all.

With doing an annual trip to Carnoustie I’m fairly familiar with a Dundee accent yes. I struggle with Brummie accents and scouse can grate my gears at times. Speaking of Scouse do you have any predictions for Gerrard Currant Buns tonight. I think they’re due a setback/wake up. Hope for Scottish footballs sake they get a result tonight but I can see it going either way.

I'm hoping that The Huns get walloped tonight. Scottish teams don't belong in Europe, not even competition as tinpot as the Europa League.
I'd expect Galatasaray to beat them 9/10 times, but you never know. The fact there's not 50,000 knuckle dragging zombies in Castle Grayskull won't help Rangers though, nor will not having played any decent opposition for a few months. 3-1 to the Turks.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 10:30 am

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I just find the Glasgow accent hard to listen to, it's aggressive  and harsh, just as I don't like the Brummie accent because it makes the speaker sound simple , Dundee accent because it sounds horrible in every way (if you've never heard a Dundee accent, Google Liz McColgan) Northern Irish accent for similar reasons (Ian Paisley, Gerry Adams Arlene Foster) , Scouse accent, Cockney accent etc
They aren't pleasant to listen to at all.

With doing an annual trip to Carnoustie I’m fairly familiar with a Dundee accent yes. I struggle with Brummie accents and scouse can grate my gears at times. Speaking of Scouse do you have any predictions for Gerrard Currant Buns tonight. I think they’re due a setback/wake up. Hope for Scottish footballs sake they get a result tonight but I can see it going either way.

I'm hoping that The Huns get walloped tonight. Scottish teams don't belong in Europe, not even competition as tinpot as the Europa League.
I'd expect Galatasaray to beat them 9/10 times, but you never know. The fact there's not 50,000 knuckle dragging zombies in Castle Grayskull won't help Rangers though, nor will not having played any decent opposition for a few months. 3-1 to the Turks.

Yeah yea yeah says the guy who thought the National coefficient wouldn’t improve from 22 when the currant buns came back from the wilderness. It’s now 12 the Turks are 11th so a win tonight would see the Jocks leapfrog Turkey. They already have 2 teams in the CL next year after getting to 15th, getting to 11th would take the champions out of the banana skin qualifiers straight into the group stages.
Anyway, gut feeling I’m not super confident of tonight but I would question  “Not having played any decent teams”? You might want to check that? Braga? Topped Wolves group last season, Feyenoord, despatched in the group stages? Porto see Feyenoord. Leverkusen they eventually succumbed to. I don’t see Galatasaray as significantly better than those teams all of whom I’d call decent. So it’s 50/50 it really could go either way. Also, I know friendlies shouldn’t throw down any sort of marker but they did hump Lyon in Lyon in pre season

Last edited by JAS on Thu 01 Oct 2020, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 10:36 am

No, they don't have two teams in the Champions League, they have two teams in CL Qualifying and Scottish teams have an atrocious record of qualifying for that.
One swallow doesn't make a summer and one outlying year doesnt mean all of a sudden Scottish football is good. The mighty footballing nations of  Denmark, Cyprus, Austria and Ukraine will also have 2CL qualification positions, big bloody deal. Only matters if you actually qualify.

By the way, the SPL is 13th, not 12th

Bottom line is that Celtic and Rangers are very much small fry and I also said they haven't played anyone decent in the last few months. All they did was get spanked by Leverkusen.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Oct 2020, 11:48 am

JAS wrote:

Serious question...do you struggle with working class Scottishness, particularly West of Scotland accents and find them chavvy and cringeworthy?

I know this was aimed at Super but for me it is a yes.

Super

The Turkish league is a terrible standard. Galatasaray would not beat rangers 9/10 times.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 11:49 am

It's ranked higher than the SPL and Turkish teams reach the Champions League far more often than teams from the SPL. Turkey also has some good players in the league, far better than here.
We will find out soon.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 11:53 am

The reason Denmark, Cyprus, Austria & Ukraine have 2 teams is that they’ve been top 15 in Country rankings one of them will lose a slot next season.

Nobody has really played anyone of note yet this season as the seeded teams only come in tonight so a bit of a bizarre point really.

Also to go from 22nd to 12th/13th takes more than one swallow. Didn’t Celtic beat Lazio home & away last year? I’ve made this point several times and you always have a blind spot about it, Scotland did have a Top 10 country coefficient before Rangers imploded. The coefficient calculations are done over a 5 year period, this is only Rangers 3rd season properly back (forgetting the Pedro debacle) so it’s highly likely they’ll establish themselves somewhere between 9th & 14th because that is the long term trend. If the Old firm weren’t there then yeah, we’d struggle to be in the top 30

Let’s just see what happens, Galatasaray are decent but in spite of how you might want to sell it Rangers have beaten higher ranked teams than Galatasaray in the last couple of seasons.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 11:55 am

JAS wrote:The reason Denmark, Cyprus, Austria & Ukraine have 2 teams is that they’ve been top 15 in Country rankings one of them will lose a slot next season.

Nobody has really played anyone of note yet this season as the seeded teams only come in tonight so a bit of a bizarre point really.

Also to go from 22nd to 12th/13th takes more than one swallow. Didn’t Celtic beat Lazio home & away last year? I’ve made this point several times and you always have a blind spot about it, Scotland did have a Top 10 country coefficient before Rangers imploded. The coefficient calculations are done over a 5 year period, this is only Rangers 3rd season properly back (forgetting the Pedro debacle) so it’s highly likely they’ll establish themselves somewhere between 9th & 14th because that is the long term trend. If the Old firm weren’t there then yeah, we’d struggle to be in the top 30

Let’s just see what happens, Galatasaray are decent but in spite of how you might want to sell it Rangers have beaten higher ranked teams than Galatasaray in the last couple of seasons.

I meant that Rangers haven't played anyone decent domestically so they haven't been challenged in months. This is one of the reasons that Scotland is so bad because they get to qualifying and they have no practice of playing decent teams.

You also keep ignoring that Scotlands league was ranked outside the Top 10-12 BEFORE Rangers got relegated for cheating.

The swallow to which I was referring was last year as in one good year doesnt mean you're suddenly a decent league again.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:11 pm

Are you sneaking along to the Renaissance for a wee beau peep today Mac?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:17 pm

No, I know a member and thought I might get to go along but didn't hear anything. Hopefully they set it up a bit differently to last year when it was basically target golf due to very soft greens.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:19 pm

I've heard they have made some changes Mac, trouble with these new courses like Kingsbarns, Castle Stuart, Archerfield, Dumbarnie etc is they are set up more for aesthetic appeal rather than course difficulty.
Not sure where I'd put a Scottish Open, I did like Loch Lomond but Gleneagles could be another good venue.

Last edited by super_realist on Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:20 pm

super_realist wrote:Are you sneaking along to the Renaissance for a wee beau peep today Mac?

Looks cracking to be fair, one of them you just can’t get on unless you know somebody...or has it opened up a bit?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:23 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:Are you sneaking along to the Renaissance for a wee beau peep today Mac?

Looks cracking to be fair, one of them you just can’t get on unless you know somebody...or has it opened up a bit?

Still very exclusive Jas, I get onto Archerfield now and again through contacts but this is even more expensive and exclusive.

It's a weird area, I can't quite work out how there can be that many wealthy people all wanting to live on the estate, there's at least 50 multi million pound properties there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:24 pm

Jas

They offer a one time £250 deal. Saw posters for it last year at the Scottish open. Probably better to find a member.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:33 pm

JAS wrote:...Regarding “senile old” Navy, just because Trump says it doesn’t mean there isn’t an element of truth in it. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The Democrats had a huge field to choose from as well as lessons learnt from 2016 and quite frankly their choice of candidate smacks of uninspired, one more heave fear. I also, like Soul think Buttingieg should have been better supported.
If Trump says something, you almost know for certain it isn't true - if his mouth's open, he's lying. Yep, Biden is getting old, but personally, I think a job like this needs some serious experience. Just perhaps, when Biden pauses, he's, you know, actually thinking.
Buttigieg is for the future. Going young, for young's sake, is stupid - look at Cameron when the Tories thought that doing a blue Blair was a good idea. Assuming Biden wins (big 'if'), think Harris likely to be the next President.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:35 pm

super_realist wrote:I wonder whether all those lefties who were so keen on seeing Cummings be sacked or resign will do the same for rule breaking Corbyn. I doubt it.
This says more about you, than them, I think. Your assumptions about 'lefties' aren't worthy of you.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:39 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:I wonder whether all those lefties who were so keen on seeing Cummings be sacked or resign will do the same for rule breaking Corbyn. I doubt it.
This says more about you, than them, I think. Your assumptions about 'lefties' aren't worthy of you.

Eh? If you rember rightly the left (especially) were rabidly frothing in regards to Cumming, but have been curiously quiet when their own comrades do the same (or worse). Its a lack of consistency which points to the fact that rather than be upset with the action, its merely a stick to hit the right with. Beninho admitted as much before.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:45 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
JAS wrote:...Regarding “senile old” Navy, just because Trump says it doesn’t mean there isn’t an element of truth in it. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The Democrats had a huge field to choose from as well as lessons learnt from 2016 and quite frankly their choice of candidate smacks of uninspired, one more heave fear. I also, like Soul think Buttingieg should have been better supported.
If Trump says something, you almost know for certain it isn't true - if his mouth's open, he's lying. Yep, Biden is getting old, but personally, I think a job like this needs some serious experience. Just perhaps, when Biden pauses, he's, you know, actually thinking.
Buttigieg is for the future. Going young, for young's sake, is stupid - look at Cameron when the Tories thought that doing a blue Blair was a good idea. Assuming Biden wins (big 'if'), think Harris likely to be the next President.

Assuming something to be false just because Trump agrees with it doesn't make it so Navy as you well know, all the evidence suggests that Biden doesn't have all mental faculties any more, it's obvious if you look beyond it being Trump saying it.

In fairness to Cameron come the next election the Tories will have been in power for 14 years so he didn't do too bad a job.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:48 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Eh? If you rember rightly the left (especially) were rabidly frothing in regards to Cumming, but have been curiously quiet when their own comrades do the same (or worse). Its a lack of consistency which points to the fact that rather than be upset with the action, its merely a stick to hit the right with. Beninho admitted as much before.

Yep he’s a dick, having said that he’s already apologised and ok with the fine...meanwhile we’re still waiting on the first ounce of apology from the Dom or his boss. Also, incase you hadn’t noticed, Corbyn went back to being a nobody in April. So I’m picking up a hint of desperation in the brick throwing at lefties from somebody who asserts they’re not right wing :-p

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:51 pm

I just would like consistency. I believe all of the high profile politicians and medical people deserve the same amount of disdain, but the left seem to reserve special ire for people from the right who do it, but positively encourage the doomsday cult and Marxist BLM to do the same. Seems odd behaviour to me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:55 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Yeah I get most of the logic behind that, although I didn’t think Cameron was a bad choice either at the time or taking a retrospective look now. They made made a right Horlicks of choosing leaders during the Blair years and thevye resumed that post Cameron. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t like him (obviously) but he really did do a decent job from a Conservative perspective.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:56 pm

super_realist wrote:I just would like consistency. I believe all of the high profile politicians and medical people deserve the same amount of disdain, but the left seem to reserve special ire for people from the right who do it, but positively encourage the doomsday cult and Marxist BLM to do the same. Seems odd behaviour to me.

Im left leaning and openly saying he’s been a dick, Christ what more do you want??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:57 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I just would like consistency. I believe all of the high profile politicians and medical people deserve the same amount of disdain, but the left seem to reserve special ire for people from the right who do it, but positively encourage the doomsday cult and Marxist BLM to do the same. Seems odd behaviour to me.

Im left leaning and openly saying he’s been a dick, Christ what more do you want??

I think though JAS you're a bit more balanced on these things than other posters.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 12:59 pm

JAS wrote:

To be fair Jas you have always said he's a dick which of course he is.
I was talking about the synthetic outrage from the left in general rather than pointing at individuals.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:11 pm

Hopefully Corbyn is now so irrelevant that it doesn't matter that he failed to follow the covid guidelines.

Super

You talk of left and right, are you now coming to the realisation that you are easily centre right if not a little right of that?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:13 pm

Harry and Meghan call to end 'structural racism'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54372900
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm

McLaren wrote:Hopefully Corbyn is now so irrelevant that it doesn't matter that he failed to follow the covid guidelines.

Super

You talk of left and right, are you now coming to the realisation that you are easily centre right if not a little right of that?

Wait a minute Mac, it was only yesterday you were telling us that prominent people can do what they like, it's their message that's important, now you're telling me that because he is less prominent then people won't notice his transgression?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm

McLaren wrote:Harry and Meghan call to end 'structural racism'

They don't even know the meaning of that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:32 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

It's your automatic assumption that 'lefties' won't condemn Corbyn that grates. Yes, I remember the Cummings saga well, but I only saw the Corbyn reported transgression this morning and he isn't part of/an adviser to the Cabinet (and therefore, responsible for any part of UKG messaging on Covid), so would expect there to be less 'froth'. That said, he's a bumhole and just confirms that he was utterly unsuited to any real responsibility.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:34 pm

Well have you seen any who have? There was a virtual riot when anyone who isn't left did it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:34 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Assuming something to be false just because Trump agrees with it doesn't make it so Navy as you well know, all the evidence suggests that Biden doesn't have all mental faculties any more, it's obvious if you look beyond it being Trump saying it.

In fairness to Cameron come the next election the Tories will have been in power for 14 years so he didn't do too bad a job.
You're correct re. Trump - even he utters the odd thing that's actually true. On Biden, 'all the evidence' says nothing of the sort. Sure, he isn't what he might have been as a, say, 50-year old, but guess what? He's in his 70s. My memory isn't what it was now I'm in my 50s. I would assume and hope that, were Biden to win, he'd be considered in his approach and appoint a good Cabinet. You'd rather a hotshot moron how shoots from the hip and makes all sorts of cobblers of things?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:35 pm

Whoever wins the election we could well see The President die in office as they're both coffin dodgers in poor health.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:36 pm

Sorry? Did they say something? Moving on...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:38 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
You're correct re. Trump - even he utters the odd thing that's actually true. On Biden, 'all the evidence' says nothing of the sort. Sure, he isn't what he might have been as a, say, 50-year old, but guess what? He's in his 70s. My memory isn't what it was now I'm in my 50s. I would assume and hope that, were Biden to win, he'd be considered in his approach and appoint a good Cabinet. You'd rather a hotshot moron how shoots from the hip and makes all sorts of cobblers of things?

Where did I suggest anything of the sort?

I'd rather a President with all his/her faculties intact.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:39 pm

Are we supposed to give a toss what Harry thinks on the matter considering his chequered past regards to such things?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:42 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

You didn't, to be fair and, yes, you'd prefer someone w/ all faculties intact, but are you seriously buying into the Trumpian line? On the basis of FA actual real evidence? Good grief.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 01 Oct 2020, 2:52 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

You didn't, to be fair and, yes, you'd prefer someone w/ all faculties intact, but are you seriously buying into the Trumpian line? On the basis of FA actual real evidence? Good grief.

That's false equivalence Navy. I had my up my own mind about Biden long before Trump made any such comments, his inability to string a sentence together during the primaries was an eye opener.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Oct 2020, 3:27 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Hopefully Corbyn is now so irrelevant that it doesn't matter that he failed to follow the covid guidelines.

Super

Wait a minute Mac, it was only yesterday you were telling us that prominent people can do what they like, it's their message that's important, now you're telling me that because he is less prominent then people won't notice his transgression?

No, my hope is that he has so little influence on mainstream politics that it doesn't matter what the consequences are for him.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 3:30 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

That's false equivalence Navy. I had my up my own mind about Biden long before Trump made any such comments, his inability to string a sentence together during the primaries was an eye opener.

I suppose the thing is it’s NOT a “who can piss highest up the wall contest” although Trump would probably like to make it so. If Biden surrounds himself with competent staffers and ministers (or whatever yanks call them) and delegates he’ll be ok. Trumps got far too big an ego to delegate anything other than blame. He is the worst kind of leader imaginable. How can a government function properly with such a high turnover of personnel. Bidens age isn’t ideal but he can bring on the next set of Democrats when he gets in.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 01 Oct 2020, 3:56 pm

I'll be interested to see what the reaction will be in America when Kamala Harris becomes President via the backdoor when Biden inevitably steps down.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:14 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:I'll be interested to see what the reaction will be in America when Kamala Harris becomes President via the backdoor when Biden inevitably steps down.

When he dies more like, does anyone think he can last another 4 years? No chance

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:33 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:I'll be interested to see what the reaction will be in America when Kamala Harris becomes President via the backdoor when Biden inevitably steps down.

When he dies more like, does anyone think he can last another 4 years? No chance

Hang on a minute, he’s old but not coffin dodging old, ok he won’t be pumpin interns a la Clinton (I don’t think) but equally I don’t think he’ll die in the job either.

It will be interesting to see how Harris develops as a 2024 or 28 contender. Equally it’ll be fascinating to see how a post Trump Republican Party reinvents itself/airbrushes out the past 4 years.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:35 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Fair enough OK.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:37 pm

Hes a month off 78 now which is pretty old and that is actually the life expectancy of a US male and he will be 81/82 after any first term he might conceivably win. That's pretty old for someone who already looks pretty frail and infirm.

Last edited by super_realist on Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:37 pm

JAS wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I suppose the thing is it’s NOT a “who can piss highest up the wall contest” although Trump would probably like to make it so. If Biden surrounds himself with competent staffers and ministers (or whatever yanks call them) and delegates he’ll be ok. Trumps got far too big an ego to delegate anything other than blame. He is the worst kind of leader imaginable. How can a government function properly with such a high turnover of personnel. Bidens age isn’t ideal but he can bring on the next set of Democrats when he gets in.
This. Trump couldn't even get that right. Those who actually were competent initially wouldn't roll over for him, so he sacked them or they walked.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:40 pm

super_realist wrote:Hes a month off 78 now which is pretty old and actually the life expectancy of a US male and will be 81 after any first term he might win. That's pretty old for someone who already looks pretty frail and infirm.
🤷 He'll have the best health care access. I wouldn't necessarily bet on it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he decided to make it clear early on that he'll be a one-term President regardless. He could even win and then step down formally and let Harris take over. Basically, it's about stopping Trump.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:42 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Hes a month off 78 now which is pretty old and actually the life expectancy of a US male and will be 81 after any first term he might win. That's pretty old for someone who already looks pretty frail and infirm.
🤷 He'll have the best health care access. I wouldn't necessarily bet on it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he decided to make it clear early on that he'll be a one-term President regardless. He could even win and then step down formally and let Harris take over. Basically, it's about stopping Trump.

Health care doesn't keep you alive indefinitely.  He looks terrible, his face looks like Niki Lauda and he doesn't seem too sharp at all. Looks like he's about to go downhill very quickly.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:49 pm

super_realist wrote:

Good grief! He's not unwell. He's not even overweight.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:51 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Health care doesn't keep you alive indefinitely.  He looks terrible, his face looks like Niki Lauda and he doesn't seem too sharp at all. Looks like he's about to go downhill very quickly.
If you say so. I bow to your greater insight.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:58 pm

Didn't realise Biden was 78, Bill Clinton is only 74.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Oct 2020, 5:00 pm

McLaren wrote:Didn't realise Biden was 78, Bill Clinton is only 74.

Yeah because Biden looks so young Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next